Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The furry roommate? (Charliesweb7 & Mercenary)

"I honestly have no clue what it is besides it's a board game. Like I said, I haven't tried it. Never had anyone to try it with." Brian said with a shrug, actually more curious than he had been before about what the game was about. Though he was a little cautious, knowing the friend that had given it to him didn't have the cleanest mind. "Hmm, maybe we should play one of the other games..." Brian said to Kimberly after thinking about it, not wanting to start a game with some 'inappropriate' rules.

"Well alright. I mean, I am curious about the game. I have a feeling that it isn't something I won't want to do but I am curious." She told him, getting up. "We can play monopoly but doesn't that game take like... days or something like that?" She asked him. "I mean we can but just asking." She said, heading over to the dining room table.

"Yeah, that's pretty much how I feel about it. But it wouldn't hurt too much to just check it out, would it?" Brian said to her as they mad it to his room, and he opened up his closet. Sure enough, there were the three board games he had stated in the corner. Monopoly, Life, and a third one that was just a white box. "Hm, I guess those are the only ones I have. They were the only ones I could remember, though I thought I had more. Oh well. Yeah, monopoly takes forever. Life takes a long time, too, but certainly not as long. So, which one are we trying?" Brian said to her, looking over at Kimberly with a smile

She followed him back to his room, waiting for him to tell her what games he had. "What is that third one? I mean, I have to say I am curious." She explained. "But either life or monopoly is fine with me. I haven't played Life before...what is that one about?" She asked, shifting her weight as she didn't want to seem to be snooping through his closet.

"Well, that third one is the one my friend gave to me, and honestly I haven't opened it up yet. Life is a game that basically you go through your life from highschool graduation to retirement, and you try to have the most money at the end. It's mostly random, though different decisions can give you more influence on what you can get. It would probably be better if you just read the rules, though." Brian said to her, letting her ultimately choose what they played.

He seemed like he really didn't want to even try to look at that game. "Alright we let's play life then." She added, smiling before then heading down the stairs to the table again. That sounded fun. Literally like life. Hence the name. She grabbed her glass of water, then going and sitting down once again. "You will have to tell me if I am not doing things correctly." She told him, pulling a leg up and sitting on it slightly.

"Alright, I'll tell you if something's wrong. I can't believe you haven't played life before." Brian said to her as he had gotten most of the pieces out while she had gone to get water. He began setting up the board, pulling down the spinner and his little plastic minivan with a pink and blue peg in it. Then he began putting the other pieces of the board in place, setting the pulse aside in case Kimberly wanted to pick them up and read them.

"Well, I rarely play board games. Besides, I have really only played Monopoly." She explained to him. She picked out the blue minivan, then putting in a pink peg. "Why did you put two in?' She asked him. She just assumed she was supposed to have a pink peg. Even if she wanted the blue peg. Kimberly looked at the board, reading some of the items on it. That seemed interesting. She wondered how fun this game would be.

"Oh, whoops, sorry. I forgot. My family actually used to play where you start out with another person already, but that's not normal rules. You're right, you're just supposed to start with the one. Of course, blue is boy and pink is girl. And typically, you'd start with your gender, but I guess it disentangle really matter." Brian said as he pulled the pink peg out and put it back. "So, we spin to begin, and whoever gets the higher number starts." He told Kimberly before spinning to demonstrate, though it was still for his spin. He got a six, then waited for her to go.

Kimberly nodded as she listened to his explanation. "Oh okay, that is fine. I was just wondering." She told him, then looking at the wheel as he spun it. "Alright. I got 5." She added. The game was rather nice and it went on rather easily. She of course had a few questions here and there but nothing major. Soon they were done and he ended up beating her just barely. "That is interesting and fun. Really like life huh?" She teased, laughing a bit before then rubbing her arm and taking a sip of water. "Another round?" She asked.

"Yeah, it didn't take too long, either. Probably because we're only playing with two people. Anyway, sure, I could go another round if you'd like." Brian told her, smiling to Kimberly after seeing that he had barely won. "Unless you want to do something else." He added, actually wanting to maybe do something else. He didn't know what else to do, but playing Life again after just playing that didn't sound the most fun Of course, he didn't let Kimberly know, and would definitely play again if she wanted to.

He always kept asking her if she wanted to do something else. Did he think she was really a sore loser or something? She had no idea but she looked to him. "We don't have to if you don't want to. I mean we can...talk?" She suggested. Then again, she didn't know what to talk about with him. "We could see what is on TV or I could open up Netflix and we could watch something?" She offered, shrugging her shoulders once again. Kimberly just hoped she wasn't getting on his nerves.

"I'll do whatever you want, Kim. It's just, honestly, I can rarely play a board game twice in a row. I just get, well, bored. But I'd play it again for you. Or we could do something like Netflix. Like I said, anything you want." Brian said to her honestly with a shrug.

Kim. She really didn't like that but she didn't want to sound rude. She always thought of Kim Kardashian and she didn't like that woman. "No no." She replied, lightly starting to put the game away. "We can watch something instead." She replied with a smile. Once the game was put away, she headed over to her bedroom and picked up her laptop.

Brian noticed her reaction as he said Kimberly's name in the shorten version. "If you prefer Kimberly, I can definitely do that. Just tell me." Brian told her, his words provoked by her reaction. He knew she wouldn't want to be the person who would correct people on what to call her. But this was him telling her it was alright to. "Anyways, yes, that sounds nice. What were you thinking of watching?" He asked Kimberly.

"I really prefer Kimberly... if that is alright..." She replied. She didn't want to make a scene out of it however. It was a just a name. She brought her green laptop down the stairs, then sitting on the couch and opening it up. After logging in, she popped up netflix. "Well, what are you in the mood for? I do only have the british version I think.." She added.

(Just realized my reply for this didn't get through either. My internet was pretty bad when I made them, though. :/)

"Yeah, that's fine. Thanks for telling my, because I probably would have kept saying that from time to time. I do like Kimberly better honestly. It's a very nice name." Brian said with a smile, then following her down the stairs. "Hmm, I don't know. What are some good shows? Because I've rarely watched BBC..." He told Kimberly, letting her decide since he wouldn't have anything in mind probably from British shows.

"Kim always reminds of Kim Kardashian and well yeah. She is not someone I would like people to compare me to." Kimberly explained laughing a bit. She looked over to him, adjusting on the couch. "Well I mean it isn't solely British shows. There is Skyfall? Or things like Doctor Who..." She suggested to him, looking through her selections. "It depends on how much you want to watch. Some of the movies will be long." She replied.

"Sounds crazy to be associated by a similar name, but I understand. I wouldn't want to resemble her in any sort of way. Besides, she's the opposite of you. You're smart and attractive, two things she diest have." Brian said, idling at Kimberly before lpoking to her computer screen. "Skyfall? As in the James Bond movie? I've seen it, was pretty good. And Doctor Who? I've never watched it before, but I've heard a lot of people bring obsessed over it." He told Kimberly, shrugging a bit.

Kimberly blushed a bit when he said that she was the opposite. "Well, I think the only thing Kim Kardashian has going for her is she has a rich family. And she has a good body." She mentioned. She turned her attention back to her laptop before then back to him. "It is not my favorite. I mean, I don't hate it but I am not obsessed with it." She explained, adjusting and looking through her suggestions. "If you have any suggestion, just say." Kimberly told him.

"Well, so she's spoiled. That's not exactly something she has going for her. As for her body, I wouldn't even think of touching her. Again, something that's the opposite with you." Brian said with a sly smirk. Then, like Kimberly, he directed his attention back to the smaller screen. "Well, honestly I've got nothing off the top of my head. Whatever you think we'd nth like, you choose.

Kimberly rolled her eyes at him again. "Looks like someone is really coming on strong. Is that why you wanted me as your roommate? To hit on me?" She added, arching her eyebrows. She then decided on a movie, opening it and letting it load. "Sorry the screen is so small." She added. Did he have something to hook up to his TV or not?

"Oh, come on. I was just joking. Besides, you know I needed roommate to begin with. I just got lucky that it was you." Brian said, feeling a little awkward since she had taken it more seriously. Of course, Brian gladly would be with Kimberly in that way, though he would never do anything without her consent. Tomorrow's date was at least a start. "Don't worry about it, I don't mind." he told Kimberly, ready to watch what she had chosen.

"It is alright. I know you are joking." She added. Actually, she hadn't exactly really. She was unsure if it was all just joking or if he really was hitting on her. "Well, you had the best deal. That was for sure. Best deal and nicest place. I looked at other places and some of the guys were complete pigs." She said, scrunching up her nose. His place wasn't spotless but it wasn't a mess.

"Well, I can definitely hit on you if you want me to." Brian said, smiling at her. What he had said was actually kind if a mix of hitting in her and kidding, though it was mostly just to tease her. "Well, I'm glad not to be a complete pig. And I'm also glad that I had the best deal, because now I've net you." He said to Kimberly with a smile.

Back
Top Bottom