Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Running Away ((Blair1216&&Lady_Squall_Lionheart))

Chad tilted his head to the side. "We could do some practicing," he said, "You just need to learn to focus your ability... Because if you could, it might be useful. Just think: You could make her family forget she ever existed and nip it in the bud all together." He took a sip of his coffee and pressed his lips together, wondering exactly how long it would take for them to get Jason's ability up to par. Hopefully, it wouldn't take long at all.

Sara quietly walked across the hall and moved into Schuyler's room, smiling at the sight of him reading in bed. "Hey," she murmured, moving to sit beside him, "What are you reading?" She tilted her head to the side, studying him a little. They had yet to really talk about what happened the other night, but the tension seemed to be lifted. With their feelings out in the open, Sara didn't feel as jealous about him helping Madison.

“Well, that would be good. But…the charm over the guard eventually broke, I mean, it didn’t last long. I only got as far as I did, because I was in the city. It was easy to disappear in a crowd. I don’t know if its possible to actually make them forget her forever.”He said frowning, looking annoyed that despite so long with living with his mutation, he knew so very little about it.

Schulyer smiled a little as he looked up at her, and while it was less tense, it still made him nervous to see her, since they hadn’t really had a chance to talk. “Working for the devil.”He said holding up the fiction book, looking amused. While it was a mostly female book, it appealed to him since the humans weren’t quite human in it. “Everything okay?Baby’s still sleeping?”He said glancing towards the door.

Chad nodded. "We have to atleast try," he said, "But that can wait until tomorrow." He gave the man a smile before flipping the television on. Of course, the new was buzzing about Vera Thrasher's return from being missing for over a year. And it was clear her family had already gotten a hold of her. She was now back to blond and wearing a designer dress, looking how they saw fit. However, she didn't look happy. As she sat in the background of an interview with her father (he was gushing about how happy he was to finally have his daughter back), she simply stared at the flashing cameras with a blank expression.

3th.jpg

Sara nodded. "Everything's fine," she said, kicking off her shoes and laying on her side beside him, "Baby is still asleep... I just, you know, wanting see you." She smiled and looked at the book, smirking a bit. It always amused her that he read such random books, and he read them fast. She never saw him with the same book... Her head leaned against his pillow. "Our night last night was sort of interrupted."

Jason sighed softly as he looked at the tv, paling slightly and a soft angry hiss escaping as he watched vera on the tv. Barely aware of moving, standing and crouching down in front of the tv, resting his fingers on the tv screen, tracing the lines of vera’s face, as if he could touch her through the distance.”I’ll come for you, I promise. Just as soon as I can, and I’ll keep gwen safe.”he muttered the promise, staring longingly at the tv.

Schulyer smiled a little as he set the book aside looking down at her, “Ah, well I wanted to see you to.”he muttered blushing a little before nodding. “It was.But…we got to say everything we wanted.”he muttered blushing harder before glancing towards the door.”And I don’t think now, would be the time to do anything…considering what happened. Chad’s going to be upset enough as it is…’he muttered not about to seduce her when he’d just get yelled at later for it. he wanted it to be a good thing, and for chad to accept it, which meant time.

Chad frowned as he watched Jason talk to the television. "She knows, Jason," he assured, "She knows." Standing up, he moved over to the man and gently helped up, leading him toward the stairs. "Come on. Let's get you to bed with Gwen." Walking with him, he took him to the room where Gwen was sleeping. The room was composed of two twin beds that were separated by a night stand table, with Gwen on one bed that had pillows on the edges to make sure she didn't roll off. Of course, Chad wasn't sure if Jason would even be able to sleep knowing Gwen was just a few feet away... But it was still a convenient set up. "Good night, Jason."

Sara sighed and started to crawl under neath the covers. "We did say everything we wanted," she agreed, reaching up to touch his cheek, "And we don't have to do anything tonight. I just want to be with you." She gave him a smile. "Besides, the moment I hear him start to open the door, I can teleport to my bed." With that, she pulled him down for a kiss, wanting to keep his prickly cheeks against her own smooth cheeks.

Jason nodded mechanically as he let the other man pull him away from the tv, letting him lead hi mtowards the bed. Moving to the bed he looked down at gwen, looking torn between sleeping and watching gwen. Looking at chad he nodded a little.”Goodnight.”He muttered before shifting the baby a little and laying down on the bed next to her, curling that large body around her small one, protecting her as he couldn’t her mother.

“Ahh, well I want to be with you to.”he muttered blushing at her words, laughing quietly at her idea as he kissed her. “Hm, teleporting used for making out purposes. I could get used to this.”He said snickering a little at the idea as he slid his fingers through her hair, kissing her slowly, wrapping his arms around her.

Sara laughed quietly. "Well, I might not be dangerous like the rest of you, but teleporting has its advantages." She smirked a leaned into his kiss, moaning against his lips. Her hands slid underneath his shirt, feeling the hot flesh of his stomach. Of course, she understood why he didn't want to have sex right now, and she respected it. However, it was still nice to be here with him, and after they made out for a little while, she fell asleep curled up against him, her head on his shoulder.

The next morning, Gwen woke up hungry and upset, crying loudly. Usually, at this time in the morning, Vera moved to go nurse her while Jason slept a few more minutes before work. This morning was different... This morning, there was no Vera. It was just Gwen and Jason.

Vera woke up the next morning and immediately burst into tears, looking around her large childhood bedroom. She had everything that money could buy, but she was miserable. All she wanted was to wake up to the cry of her sweet baby girl like she did every morning, and to be holding her in bed next to Jason's sleeping form. That was the morning she wanted, and instead, she woke up absolutely alone.

When Anthony walked into her bedroom, she glared at him through her tears. "What?" she snapped.

Jason growled quietly waking hard as he got up, blinking hard as he looked around her, tired and trying to wake up, looking around him to make sure there wasn’t another reason she was crying besides being hungry.”Shhh baby girl, shh I got you.”Jason said picking up the baby rocking her gently before heading downstairs to make a bottle, and after a few moments when it was done he muttered soft endearing words he fed her, settling on the couch to relax.

“Good morning.”Anthony smiled as he stepped inside, frowning at her a little as he paused in the doorway. “Whatever are you crying for?You have everything you need here, without the brat and redneck hanging around.”Anthony said studying her, trying to figure out the woman.

Jason growled quietly waking hard as he got up, blinking hard as he looked around her, tired and trying to wake up, looking around him to make sure there wasn’t another reason she was crying besides being hungry.”Shhh baby girl, shh I got you.”Jason said picking up the baby rocking her gently before heading downstairs to make a bottle, and after a few moments when it was done he muttered soft endearing words he fed her, settling on the couch to relax.

“Good morning.”Anthony smiled as he stepped inside, frowning at her a little as he paused in the doorway. “Whatever are you crying for?You have everything you need here, without the brat and redneck hanging around.”Anthony said studying her, trying to figure out the woman.

Chad walked into the living room with messy hair from sleep and a cup of coffee in his hand. "Morning," he said with a smile, sitting in the arm chair beside Jason. "How are you?" He glanced down at the baby, watching as she sucked hungrily from the bottle, her hands wrapped around Jason's fingers as he held the bottle. "I assumed you slept well," he murmured, taking a sip of his coffee, "I don't remember hearing her cry last night."

Vera glared at him. "That's my daughter," she snapped, "And he's not a redneck. You don't even know him." She sniffed and wiped her eyes. "He's a much better person than you could ever be." Moving to stand up, she grabbed her robe and wrapped it around herself, feel so, so lonely without her daughter and lover. "What are you doing here so early? Shouldn't you be in bed with your wife at this hour?"

“I’m okay. Just trying to focus on what vera would have wanted me to do, take care of gwen.”He said sighing softly before laughing softly, shrugging.”She slept well. I was up a lot, but not just because vera’s gone. I’m always up to check on gwen in case she needs something.”

“I think you have that sentence backwards vera. I’m much better then him.”Anthony said before sighing softly. “I should, but I came to get you. Your father wanted to see you first thing this morning, to make sure you understood exactly what he expected from you from now on.”

Chad smiled a bit. Despite the situation, he was happy to see Jason (being a mutt) so in tune with his infant daughter. It was truly a beautiful thing to see. "You hungry?" he asked, raising his eyebrows, "I was going to make some breakfast before I head down to the lab to get some paperwork done. The others should be down soon." He smiled and stood up, heading toward the kitchen.

Carter came down a few minutes later, looking surprised to see Jason and the baby. "Hey," he said, raising his eyebrows. He was wearing nothing put a pair of sweat pants, exposing his extremely muscular torso. The man looked like a professional body builder, except he didn't even have to work at it.

Vera tied her robe and turned toward him. It was clear that she wasn't very happy at the idea of talking with her father. "Fine," she sighed, running a hand through her hair as she followed him down the hall and up the second flight of stairs toward her father's office. When she entered, she swallowed hard and raised her eyebrows. "Yes, father?"

“I am.”Jason said smiling a little as his stomach growled, looking pleased as he looked up at him. Tilting his head at carter he smiled a little.”Hey.It seems we’re going to be staying with you guys for awhile…vera’s….been returned home.”he said looking awkward at the idea of sharing the house with the people he was just starting to get to know.

Looking up at the daughter who’d caused so many problems, Thomas studied her for a long moment, motioning her to sit down. “Anthony said you had…a child? Will the man cause problems now that you’ve come home?”So like the man, to be looking to make sure to stop a problem before it could even start, having no intention of allowing vera to return to tjason and gwen. he was going to keep her here, with her family, and with her making him look even better then eh already did. he needed her here.

Carter frowned. "Damn, I'm sorry," he said, moving to sit on the arm chair Chad had been sitting in, "Any chance she will be able to come back?" He tilted his head to the side, talking a lot more than he usually did.

Sara bounded down the stairs a few moments later, leaning over to kiss her brother's cheek. "Hey, Jason," she said, looking over at the man and baby. She moved over to sit down beside them, looking over at the baby with a goofy grin. "She is just so beautiful," she gushed, "You know, I'd baby sit for you any time you need. Kids are my specialty. Mainly because I'm unbeatable at hide and seek."

"That's because you always cheated," Carter interrupted."

"I did not!"

"If you teleport right before someone finds you, then yes, that's cheating, Sara," Carter murmured with amusement.

~*~

Vera sat down and frowned. "No, father, as long as he has the child." She bit her lip and looked down at her hands. Her father scared her greatly, just as much as Anthony. He was the reason that her sisters were so quiet and weak. It was only Vera who had challenged him through out the years, and now it seemed that she was paying for it. "Anthony said you wanted to talk to me about something," she said, "What is it?"

Jason nodded a little, looking down at gwen.”Maybe. I’m going to try to get her back, I don’t know if it’ll work.”he said looking worried because that scared him, the idea of failing to get her back. Looking up at sara he smiled a little. “I think she’s a little young for hide and seek.”he said cracking a small smile shaking his head.
“but we never could prove it. So is it really cheating?”Schulyer said laughing a ltitle his hair sticking up every which way, looking tired as he stepped into the room.

~~

“Good.”Thomas said looking thoughtful as he studied his daughter before smiling. “I wanted to know what you were doing while you were gone. Everything. I don’t want any surprises later.”He said, as quietly demanding as ever. Not about to let anything she did while she was gone, come back and bite him in the ass later, wanting to be prepared for anything.

Carter rolled his eyes. "We may not have been able to prove it, but I know she did it," he said, smirking a little. Sara sighed and reached over to stroke Gwen's blond curls. "Well, she might be a little young, but she's so dang cute."

Looking up at Jason, Carter smiled. "You'll have to excuse me sister. She has a fascination with children. Probably because she is one."

"I'm not a child," Sara said, pouting.

~*~

Vera shook her head. "I ran away, because I wanted to get away from all of you," she snapped, "And I did nothing but live a normal life for a change. I met a man who treated me better than I had ever been treated, and I had his baby. There's nothing else to know." She narrowed her eyes, not about to tell him about Jason's mutation. She's die before she handed him over to her father...

~~~~*~~~~

Two months later, Vera sat on the couch in her family's living room, sipping a cup of tea. She looked just like she did over a year ago: Blond, prim, proper, and bored out of her fucking mind.

She was heartbroken too. All she could think about was Jason and Gwen. She was just so desperate to be back with them, and it hurt her so much to be away for this long. Two months truly felt like two years.

To make matters worse, she was waiting on the man that her father was apparently setting her up with to eventually marry, Sebastian Young. It seemed that her parents thought that the only way they could contain their wild middle child was to marry her off to a man who would control her. Typical. She just hoped he was not a douche bag like Anthony, or even better, gay.

When the man walked in, it was a shock for a moment, the tall lean man was all sharp angles and a swimmers lean build, a obvious athlete instead of a serious politician like Anthony or her father. While he did work in politics, it was as a sports coordinatior for the Olympics, not as one of thomas’ men. And while he was more…mallable and easy to get along with, it was also clear that Sebastian was willing to see why he had been chosen to be her husband, while he could see not immediate reward for it. Not nearly as trusting as Thomas or Anthony thought he was.

“Vera?”the tall red head smiled a little as he stepped into the room

Vera stood up and nodded, offering him her hand. "That's me," she said, giving him a smile. However, it didn't reach her eyes. It was clear that she was sad, and even a handsome man could not come in and change that.

"You must be Sebastian," she murmured, nodding for him to sit. The maid brought in a fresh set of tea and cookies, then went about filling the cup Vera already had. "I have to be honest with you, Mr. Young, I am not exactly having wedding fever." She looked over at him, proving that even when she was hollow with sadness, she was still the witty middle child of Thomas Thrasher.

“If I must. Though sometimes I wonder.”Sebastian said looking amused with himself as he looked at the glass of tea, sipping it slowly as he watched the woman across from him. Raising a eyebrow a little he smirked, “Well, that makes two of us. Are you sure you’re not a princess?I haven’t seen scheming like this to get one girl married since I was in a royal country.”he said snickering a little, witty and easy, but the question was, was that his true nature, or was there a quiet stillness under that, a intelligence that everyone underestimated?

Vera tiled her head to the side. "No, I'm not a princess," she admitted, "I'm a girl who causes my father too much trouble and the solution is to pawn me off on some poor, unsuspecting man. You, apparently, are the man he has chosen." A smirk formed on her face as she took a sip of her tea. "They are afraid I'm going to make a break for it again. Oh, wait, that's supposed to be a secret -that I'm a flight risk."

Sebastian studied her as he considered her words. “I wonder why.”he said frowning a little at the thought, wondering why in the world Thomas thought he’d keep her under lock and key and not simply marry her, and turn around and let her leave again. After all, he traveled most of the year for work, even on the years that the Olympics weren’t happening, it would be simple, even without his cooperation, for her to simply leave.

“You’re not very good at playing this game are you?You’re not supposed to tell me everything.”He said raising a eyebrow at her, looking her over. “Now, are you running away from someone here, or running to someone?”He said astutely, wondering if she'd give him a real answer.

Vera's smile disappeared and she looked down at her tea. "I, uh... Well, the first time I ran away from someone, but this time, I'd be running to someone..." She bit her lip, trying desperately not to think about Jason or Gwen. If she did, she just knew she would burst into tears. "My father wants me married for several reasons, namely to make sure that there is no possible way for me to be with the one person I want to be with."

She took a sip of her tea. "What about you? How much did they pay you to come sweep me off my feet?"

“Interesting.”Sebastian said as he considered her words, trying to figure out what the game was. Surely there was a twist that he was missing, something that he was being set up to take the fall for. “Not money. Money is useless in Washington.”Sebastian smirked a ltitle because he knew the truth, there was something better in washington that could get things done, “Secrets. He’s telling me everything I wish to know, for the simple price of marrying you. I get to find out everything he knows…after all, people will do things to protect secrets, that they wouldn’t do for simple money.”he said thoughtfully, not because he truly cared either way what anyone else did, but because he wanted things done, and even though he was one of the sporting men, most usually just brushed him off, Sebastian young had his fingers in more pies and controlled more then anything in washington then anyone would give him credit for. No wonder Thomas wanted the younger man under his control, seeing not only a way to keep vera in line, but also Sebastian.

Vera arched her eyebrow at him. "Secrets?" she repeated, then let out a laugh, "He might have told you a couple secrets, but he sure as hell didn't tell you all of them. Trust me." She shook her head and took a sip of her tea, thinking about the entire mutation project. Surely, her father didn't tell him about that if he didn't even tell his own daughter... She turned to look at him, and it was clear that she was disturbed on several different levels. Here she was, being held her against her will while he lover and daughter were dealing without her, and she was being forced to endure an engagement. Her father truly was a dictator.

"So, how does this work? You'll put a ring on my finger, and we will claim that you were the one who saved me after a year of being missing, and we fell in love instantly? We'll smile for the cameras, and you can claim to be the man who tamed Governor Thrasher's wild daughter?"

She leaned back on the couch and took a bite of her cookie.

~*~

Sara was sitting on the couch with Gwen in her lap, watching television in the living room. While Chad helped Jason with his ability and condition, she would babysit Gwen. Of course, due to his protectiveness, she always stayed in the house with her. That was okay with Sara; she was just happy to take care of the cute baby.

When Schuyler walked in the room, she smiled. "Hey," she said, "Where have you been all morning?"

“Hm, yes secrets.”Sebastian laughed, looking at her in amusement. “Only a fool would think Thomas told them everything. I am not a fool, though I think playing games with you would be foolish.”He said studying her, raising his eyes a little as he considered her question. “If that’s what you want. I was considering inviting you on my next trip, I’m on my way out of town. I’d rather get to know you before I agree to marry you, despite what I tell your father, I have no intention of marrying a woman who doesn’t fit into my life.”

~~

“Trying to figure out the security for thrasher’s manor. I’m not sure there is a way in, and its starting to get frustrating not being able to.”Schulyer sighed as he collapsed onto the couch next to her, rubbing a hand over his face. While he was somewhat short tempered and tense, he loved having the baby around and gwen was usually fairly good at charming him out of the bad mood trying to get vera back put him in.

“And how are you two doing?”He said looking amused.

Vera bit her lip. As much as the idea of leaving town with another man (whom she barely knew) made her feel guilty, she was desperate to get away from her father and Anthony. The two of them had been looking over her like vultures since she returned, making sure she didn't make a break for it. Getting away would be nice, and it might take her mind off of her heartbreak for a few days.

"Okay," Vera said, nodding, "I could use a vacation, I guess." She gave him a smile. Maybe this Sebastian guy wasn't that bad after all...

~*~

Sara grinned. There was only one this she loved more than babies, and that was a man who loved babies. Schuyler was just too cute with Gwen. Adorable, in fact. It had her falling even harder for him.

"Well, we were watching some of my old Disney movies," she said, bouncing Gwen on her leg. The little girl was growing fast, her blond hair staring to curl around her ears. "It's better than the news. It just makes me sad to see Vera on there all of the time. It's weird."

Leaning over, she kissed his cheek. "You could always try to get in with your wolf form, couldn't you? Vera might recognize you and tell her father that she's adopting you... Or something to that effect." She shrugged, blushing a little at her own idea. "You hungry? I can make some lunch while you and Gwen finish The Little Mermaid.

Back
Top Bottom