Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Running Away ((Blair1216&&Lady_Squall_Lionheart))

Sebastian smiled a little as he considered her, wondering just how much he was pretending to be charmed by her. Because he had no doubt that she was her father’s daughter, set on him to spy. Thinking that it was her control of him that Thomas wanted, not him keeping vera out of trouble. “Good. I’m heading to New Orleans in the morning, so back for summer stuff.”he said smiling at her as he finished his tea.

Schuyler smirked a little as he let gwen close her fingers around his as he played with her as she bounced he nodded. “It is.”he said looking thoughtful at her words.”I might have to try that.”He said sounding amused and pleased at her input, having run through everything he could think of, before brightening at the thought of food. “That would be amazing.”he said taking the small child and setting her in his lap as he waved her off.”Go make something.”he muttered the order softened by the teasing smile on his face.

Vera nodded, forcing a smile on her face. "I'll do that,"she said, standing up. "Have a good evening, Sebastian." With that, she turned to the door and headed up to her bedroom, hoping that New Orleans would perk her up for a little bit and keep her mind off of how much she missed her family - well, her real family.

Sara came back a few minutes later with a sandwich and soup for Schuyler and a bottle for Gwen. Gently taking the baby from him, she cradled her and fed her the bottle.

"How's Jason?" she asked, leaning back while feeding the baby, "Is he holding up okay?"

Schuyler frowned a little as he watched the two thinking over her question before sighing softly. “he’s…surviving. I don’t think he’s holding up as well as he’d like us to think.”he bit his lip a little looking at her before sighing. “he’s becoming more withdrawn, more protective of gwen…I think if we’re going to get vera home soon, if there’s any chance he’ll be remotely sane when she comes home.”he sighed tiredly, knowing that no matter how much he would miss sara if she was gone, he wasn’t nearly as driven by his instincts as Jason was. And Jason was mourning the loss of his mate, he was like a dead man walking.

Sara looked sad at his answer, shaking her head. "Poor Jason," she whispered, "That's the exact reason Chad had the cable cut off - so he couldn't watch her on the news."

Looking up at Schuyler, she raised her eyebrows. "You know, I could teleport past security," she said, tilting her head to the side, "I've never tried bringing someone with me, but if you think about it, I bring things will me all of the time... As long as I am touching them." She shrugged a bit.

She looked at the door way when Jason walked in, and she smiled at the hollow-looking man. "Hey, Jason, want some lunch?"

Schuyler frowned slightly as he bit his lip nodding. “I know.”He muttered because Jason had once obsessively stared at the tv for two days watching just the news. Frowning a little at that he nodded. “but you could get news to her, tell her that I’m going to come in as a dog for her to adopt…”He said his mind already churning out a idea going silent as he looked up at Jason.

Jason started looking at the three, smiling as he looked down at gwen, leaning down to pick her up, snuggling the baby before looking at sara, nodding. “Lunch would be nice.”he said after a moment.

Sara nodded and went to grab him a sandwich. Gwen immediately became giggly and smiley at the sight of her father, even as she continued to suck on her bottle. When Sara came back with lunch, she sat it down on the coffee table in front of him, then sat beside Schuyler on the couch.

"How's your training with Dad going?"

~*~

Vera watched as one of her father's butlers loaded Sebastian's car with her luggage. Biting her lip, she wondered if this was wrong... She felt like she was cheating on Jason, even if she wasn't doing anything romantic. Honestly, she didn't have much of a choice. Her father would have made her life hell if she ruined this with Sebastian, and she couldn't afford to not court a man who wasn't a complete douche bag.

Looking up at him, she sighed. "So, what's in New Orleans."

Jason smiled as gwen giggled at him, absently rocking her as he held her bottle, shifting the baby into one arm so he could eat at the same time, thinking about it before shrugging. “Well enough. While not permanent, I can convince him to look the other way while I do something, which is good news.”He said looking pleased and disappointed to, disappointed that it wasn’t enough to convince vera’s family that she had never existed, not good enough yet.

~~

Sebastian smiled a little as he slid into the driver’s seat after the car was loaded, looking over at her as they settled into the car. “One of the world’s greatest horseback riders. She doesn’t want to go to this years qualifying for the Olympics, but I’m going to give it one more chance to see if I can get her…and its mardi gras on Tuesday. Who could pass up being in new Orleans for that?”He said with a seductive smirk, though it was amusement and not lust that darkened his eyes, a dark twisted amusement that said he knew something she didn't, but that she'd just have to find out what it was on her own

Sara grinned and nodded. "Hey, that's good though. And Schuyler and I were brainstorming a little bit. I could teleport to Vera if I need to. Of course, I need to know her location. I can't teleport to specific people, only specific places... Well, I think." She wrinkled her nose a bit and smiled as Chad walked in.

Chad sat down on the couch and huffed. "Well, I'm officially tired," he admitted, "I think we need to have a casual night tonight. No work. We can order some pizzas and watch a movie."

Sara nodded. "I think that sounds great. Why don't you take a nap first? You need some rest..."

Chad waved her comment away. "I'm fine."

!*!

Vera raised her eyebrows. "Well, I suppose you're right," she admitted, "And I do happen to love the margaritas on Burboun Street. With that, she slid her sunglasses on and leaned back in her seat. "I'm just happy to get the hell away from my father."

Jason stirred at that, tilting his head.”I’ll find out where she is.”he said perking up at the idea of getting her out, looking up at chad as he came in. both men looking haggard and ready for some sleep. “I think you both should take a nap. Take gwen with you. You three could use it.”Schuyler said watching the two of them, worried that they were going to hurt themselves with working so hard.

~~

“I’m always right.”Sebastian said snickering a little before nodding, glancing over at her. “Now. You need to answer something for me. Why did you run away?”he asked as he drove, wanting the truth and not whatever bullshit Thomas fed him about her running away. He knew the man was hiding something, but for the life of him, he couldn’t figure it out.

Sara nodded. "Yea, it's almost her nap time anyway, Jason," she murmured, "Just take it with her. I'm sure she'll enjoy it." She gave him a smile and tried to encourage him to go on and get some rest.

Chad frowned. "I'll take a short nap," he sighed, "But pizza better be here when I wake up." Sara laughed and stood up, leading him toward the stairs. "Fine, fine. It will be here." She kissed his cheek. "Schuyler and I can run to town to get a pizza and a movie. With this snow, it will be faster to go get it ourselves."

~*~

Vera looked over at him and bit her lip. "Well," she said, leaning back in her seat. She wondered if he would react the way her family did. It was hard to admit what happened to her, and when her own parents ignored it, she had her heartbroken. She felt like no one cared about her feelings at all...

"Anthony black mailed me into sleeping with him, basically, and no one would believe me. Or, well, they chose not to. So I decided to cut them loose and get away from Washington, because honestly, I hate it here." She shrugged and looked over at him, wondering if that was all he wanted to know.

“Oh…well. I could do that couldn’t I?”Jason said smiling a little as the baby gripped his fingers, burping her as he headed upstairs to put gwen down, having every intention of getting some sleep himself. “Don’t worry you two, we have everything covered.”Schuyler said smiling as he watched the two, trying not to worry about them both, though both of the men looked ready to drop. “Let’s get going.”he said smiling at sarah.

~~

Sebastian was quiet as he drove, listening to her talk. “Anthony has always been slime, but surely he’s not…”he stopped not wanting to believe it, but really, he wasn’t that surprised. “Did you tell your sister?”He asked, curious if anthony’s wife had also overlooked her sister’s rape, feeling vaguely sick at the idea.

Sara grinned and turned to Schuyler. "Well, that worked out. Now we will have time to hang out alone for a change." Reaching up, she took his chin in her hand and pointed it down toward her so he could kiss her. "Come on. We are going to have to take your truck. My car will never make it through the snow." With that, she took his hand and walked with him toward the car garage.

Vera looked over at him and nodded. "She was the one who gave me the money to skip town," she admitted, "She thought it would be best if I got away before things got worse... And of course, it did. Now I'm stuck here while my boyfriend and ba-." She stopped short, deciding that it would not be wise that he knew she had a child. A boyfriend was one thing, but a love child is much more scandalous. She still didn't trust him enough to know about Gwen.

“Hm, that is a good thing.”Schuyler said snickering a little as he leaned down to kiss her, wrapping a arm around her, pulling her close before smirking. “You need a better car.”he grumbled teasing her a little as they got out to the garage, climbing up into the seat before backing out of the garage, looking over at her. “I think you’re going to have to teleport to vera, as soon as we find out where she is. Tell her that I’m coming in as a wolf..”He said wanting to talk because he was feeling pressured by the state of the other two.

Sebastian raised a eyebrow a little at her words, stealing a glance at her. “And a what?”He asked curious about what she had been going to say. Knowing that she probably didn’t trust him yet to be truthful, but he couldn’t help himself, he always pushed the boundaries, and since he was considering marrying her, he needed to know just how much he could get away with with her.

Sara pouted a bit, sliding into the middle seat so she could lean against his shoulder as he drove. "My car is fine," she said, "It's just not snow-friendly. And it's not my fault we are having a freak winter in the south this year." She shrugged and stared at the road, thinking about what he was saying. "Well, I could definitely do that. I want to help, after all... It would definitely make things easier, huh? But I think Jason really wants to wait to see if he can pull off charming her parents into forgetting about her... for safety purposes."

Vera's face paled, and she stared out the window. "I have a baby," she admitted, "And she's in Louisiana with her father. I thought she'd be better off with him than up here around my family. I don't want them near her." Frowning a bit, she looked over at him. "I'm going to be honest, Sebastian, I have a family. Eventually, I want to be back with them, even if it's in secret. I just can't live without seeing my daughter ever again. It's just out of the question."

“it would. And while he wants to, he’s also going insane waiting. If we can at least get in, tell him how she’s doing…maybe he’d be okay with how long its taking him to get his charming to work. Because it really is the best idea, make them forever forget…”He sighed glancing at her as he drove before looking up again at the road, concentrating on driving.

Sebastian made a low whistling sound between his teeth, she’d actually managed to surprise him. Which was a rare thing for a man who dealt in finding out secrets of others. Glancing at her for a moment he looked thoughtful biting his lip a little. While he knew it was a bad idea, there was also a part of him that wanted to please her…and piss off her dad for being such a dick and not telling him this because he knew Sebastian would have worked on helping her, instead of trapping her. “….we are driving through lousiana…we have to get to new Orleans in two days, but it doesn’t matter what time we arrive if the detour wouldn’t be long….”he said nervously, not sure what to expect, but saying the words before he could stop them.

Sara nodded. "Poor guy," she sighed, shaking her head. Jason was driving himself insane over all of this, and it made it hard for everyone to watch... When they got to the pizza place, Sara ordered a few larges and sat down with Schuyler at a table to wait on them. "Have you thought much about, well, you know... Tell me dad about us?" She looked up at him with a curious expression. "We can't hide forever."

Vera looked up at him with absolute shock. "Wh-what? Really? You'd let me see them?" she asked, sitting up in her seat. "They are just in Baton Rouge. It would hardly be a detour, I promise." She gave him a smile, and then all of the sudden, something occurred to her... "Wait... Why are you doing this? Do you want something from me?"

“I…I don’t know. I mean, you know he’s going to go insane.”Schuyler said frowning slightly as he sat at the table, absently pushing the salt shaker around the table with a absent look, not because he didn’t want everyone to know, but because he truly was worried about chad’s reaction and didn’t know what to do to make the man more relaxed about it.

“I would.”Sebastian said smirking a little as he nodded, already remapping the trip to go to baton rouge before laughter lit his face glancing at her. “You’re more intelligent then I thought if you asked that quickly.”The athlete smirked wondering just how long it would take her to ask him exactly what he wanted, or if she’d just obsess and try to figure out what he wanted instead of simply asking.

Sara sighed. "I know," she admitted, looking down at her hands, "But I don't like lying to him... And he likes you, Schuyler. What makes you think he'd be that mad? He trusts you, and he loves you like a son." She shrugged and took one of his large hands between her two smaller ones. "I think that we should consider coming clean once everything is settled down with Vera and Jason."

Vera looked over at him with frustration. Of course there was a catch... "What is it?" she asked, "Spit it out." She needed to know what he wanted, not that it mattered. She'd do anything to see Jason and Gwen. Anything.

“Because he likes you more then me. and he’s a guy, he’ll know exactly what I want besides just to be with you.”he muttered blushing a little as he looked at their hands before swallowing hard and nodding, looking up towards the counter to make sure their pizza wasn’t done. “We will. I promise.”he said smiling at her a little.

Sebastian smirked at her, “I need to get married.”he said simply, because he had his own reasons for playing her father’s games of wanting to get her married. “I don’t need a..traditional wife, I just need someone to deflect other’s attentions towards.”He said smirking a little because his reasons for wanting married had everything to do to wanting to date one of his Olympic stars….one of the male Olympic stars…and nothing to do with his political agenda.

Sara stood up when they called their number at the pizza counter, pulling out her debit card. When they got back to his truck, she put the pizzas in her lap and looked over at him. "You are going to let me come see you tonight, right?" she asked, leaning over to press her lips to her neck. Here lately, she came to visit him at night once her father was either asleep or locked up in the lab for the rest of the night. "Because I always enjoy nights with you... in your bed."

Vera raised her eyebrows. Part of her wanted to know exactly why he wanted a wife for public reasons, but she wasn't in the frame of mind to question his actions. "I think we can arrange something," she said, nodding, "I'll marry and move in with you... That's if you allow me to see my family on a regular basis. I want to be able to leave town, and having a husband who travels a lot... Well, that seems like the perfect alibi to me."

Schuyler smirked a little as he looked over at her, nodding slightly. “I would love for you to come visit me.”he muttered shuddering a little as he tilted his head to the side, swallowing hard as he concentrated on driving. “I enjoy you being with me.”He agreed gently sliding his fingers through his hair looking amused as he headed for home.

“Good.”Sebastian said relaxing at her words, slightly amused that she wasn’t demanding why he wanted a public wife when he had no interest in really being married. “As long as you be discreet. Neither of us need the attention if your caught. Your…boyfriend can be a friend or whatever, checking on you when I have to leave. Whatever, we can figure out the details after we talk to him. Cause I’m sure he’s going to have something to say about you getting married.”Sebastian said snickering a little trying to imagine what the boyfriend's reaction would be.

Sara giggled a little, leaning back so that he could drive. When they got home, she set the table and waited for the others to come down stairs. When Chad made his way down, she smiled. "Get a good nap?" she asked, leaning in to kiss his cheek. The older man sighed and nodded, sitting at the head of the table and grabbing a couple slices of pizza. "Yea, the nap was nice."

Soon enough Carter came down the stairs and smiled at the sight of fresh pizza. "Ah, pizza. Perfect. I'm starving," he murmured, loading his plate up with several slices.

"Is Jason coming?" Sara asked, looking at Chad.

~*~

Vera nodded, settling back into her seat. "He won't be happy," she admitted, "But I'll explain everything to him. Hopefully he will understand it's for the best." She ran a hand through her hair. "I can be very discreet if need be."

A few hours later, Vera was on the edge of her seat as they made it to Chad's house. Like she guessed, Jason's car was sitting out front.

Biting her lip, she turned to Sebastian. "You might as well come inside. It will probably make him feel better if he meets you in the beginning."

“Yea, I’m here.”Jason said smiling a little as him and gwen appeared in the door way settling in to eat.

Jason and gwen were both sleeping on the couch when vera knocked lightly on the door, schuyler frowned looking concerned. “Stay with jason and gwen.”He muttered to sara as he got up, moving to the door looking worried as he opened the door. Holding it halfway open he stared open mouthed at the sight of Sebastian and vera, looking confused.”What….”

“Hello.”Sebastian said brightly looking amused at the reaction his presence had caused looking bemused as he looked around.

Vera pushed passed Schuyler, not in the mood to explain herself quite yet. She needed to see Jason and Gwen. Right now.

Moving passed Sara (who looked equally as stunned), she knelt down on the floor beside the couch, tears in her eyes. She swallowed hard and brushed the hair out of her lover's face. "Jason," she whispered, "J-Jason, it's me."

Sara stood from the chair and took Schuyler gently by the arm and pulled him into the kitchen. "Let's give them some space," she murmured, then looked to Sebastian. It was clear she was confused by his presence, but didn't want to ask until they were in the other room. "Can I get you a cup of coffee?"

Jason looked confused as he held gwen in his lap, confusion and pain showing in his face as he looked at her. He looked haggard and tired, but gwen meanwhile was in glowing health, obviously well taken care of despite Jason not taking care of himself. “What…I mean…how?”he said looking confused and anxious as he looked around, as if trying to find Anthony, glaring at Sebastian as the man disappeared into the kitchen before looking at vera again.

“Coffee sounds grand.”Sebastian said smiling a little as he walked into the kitchen with the other two, looking thoughtful as he looked around him.”How do you all know vera and…Jason?”He said frowning slightly wondering what in the world was going on here. He had no idea what he had expected when coming to this house, but this hadn’t been it, whatever it was.

Back
Top Bottom