Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Save a horse, ride a Cowboy (Charliesweb7 & pnw2013)

"Oh are you sure?" Katherine asked but he quickly walked to the register. Alright, he was sure. Katherine handed her bag over, the girl being careful with the thin fabric. She didn't want to damage it already. Katherine handed over her black Amex card, of course charging it. Ben was quick and she saw him standing outside. She went outside, looking to him when he turned to her. She laughed at the tag on the glasses. "You going to wear those just like that? With the tag on?" She teased him.

He gave her a quizzical look, then the tag flipped into his field of vision. He quickly ripped it off, and held his arm around her. He answered, "Yeah, I was going to wear these. They look great with the jacket." He walked with her down the street. He came upon a men's formal store, and peered inside. As he looked, he saw suits lining the hallways and hundreds of ties on racks. He called to Katherine, "Hey, remember when I said I might need a suit? Well, that seems like a good enough place to get one."

They did look good on him. Aviators did wonders for him. She walked down the street with him, her just more or less enjoying the nice day. He was instead looking to buy things. She looked to him when he spoke about a formal suit place. "Ben, come on. You don't need a suit." She replied to him. What would he wear it for?

He conceded when she answered, "Ok, let's go then." He just wanted to get everything out of the way in one trip. But, he also thought about how it might make him look. He knew he didn't have enough money for the suit, and he was going to have to ask Katherine. And how would that make him look? He was deceptively relieved that she declined him. He walked Wyeth her, enjoying the sun on his face, and the wind in his hair.

If he needed a suit later one, he would get one. She had a few formal dresses but she only wore them like once. She walked with him, them turning around and heading back tot he car because it was the end of the street. "There is the zoo, aquarium....bio park, campus...." She replied. She wondered what he wanted to do next.

He perked his ears when she said "bio park". He asked her, "What is the bio park? And whatever it is, I want to check it out." He walked with her back up the street, tempting to stop at the fry stand again. He opened her car door and walked around to the passenger's side. He asked her what her favorite place to hang out was, hoping to go there after the bio park.

"The Bio park is botanical gardens really. It is all about nature." She replied to him. Of course he would love that. Once at the car, she placed their bags into the trunk and then thanking him for opening up her door. "Me? Um..." She replied. "Usually my friends and I would go to their house or dorm room...the mall...." She replied. She didn't want to say at night they went clubbing. "Not really anything super exciting." She told him.

"Ah," he sighed, "I didn't know that. The botanical gardens sounds like a great date idea." He winked at her. He nodded at her reply, stating, "Seems like you were a bit of a homebody, just relaxing at each other's houses." He was a bit suspicious. He was sheltered as a kid, and even he snuck out and went to a few parties. He doubted that she would seriously only spend time at sleepovers, or whatever girls did. "So where are the gardens?" He asked.

Ben knew nothing about how much she partied before. And she kind of wanted to keep it that way for now. Besides, what would he ever say to that? She didn't want him tot hunk she was a terrible person. "Well there was concerts and spa days and stuff like that." She told him. She started the car and then pulled out. "About 10 minutes away." She replied to him gently. "It is near the natural history museum and the aquarium." She told him.

"Ah," he replied. That made much more sense in his mind. He suggested, "Well, if they are that close together, then why don't we walk from one to the other and visit all of them? We're out here all day, anyway." He smiled at her. He hoped she would comply with his suggestion. They pulled up to the botanical gardens and he opened her door for her once again. He grasped her hand and interlaced his fingers with hers as they stepped inside.

"Sure, that works." She replied to him. That sounded nice. She drove them to the botanical gardens, parking in the parking lot. He opened up her door once again. "Ben, you don't have to do that every time." She told him with a laugh. She locked her car and then laced fingers with him as they headed up to buy tickets. She payed with her credit card, buying ones for all 3 places.

He chuckled, "What can I say? I'm a gentleman, and gentlemen must open doors for their ladies." They walked up together to the ticket booth, and he waited as she bought tickets. He then led her through the first garden.

It reminded him of feudal Japan. It had a very spring-like feel to it, with cherry blossoms and daisies dotting the area. There was a small stream that ran under a wooden footbridge about halfway in, with fish swimming in the pond close by. As they walked the path, he picked a daisy and placed it in her hair. He looked up to see cherry blossoms fall around them. It was almost like a scene out of a romantic movie, the blossoms falling around them as he held her close. He found a nearby bench, and sat upon it, guiding her to it.

It was beautiful. Peaceful. Everyone spoke in gentle voices. Katherine smiled as he placed a daisy into her hair. She blushed a bit and then sat on the bench with him. She sighed and looked at the massive Cherry Blossom tree above their heads. "I would love to travel to Japan one day..." She added. She wanted to travel everywhere. She leaned over and gently kissed his cheek. "Are you nervous about being here?" She asked.

He really enjoyed the tranquility in the garden. All your worries faded away in the trees and flowers. It was impossible to think about anything else except calm thoughts. He leaned into the kiss, pushing his cheek closer to her. He answered, "That's wonderful. Maybe I could come along, someday, if I'm lucky." He smiled at her. He gave a curious look when she asked, and answered her, "What would I be nervous about? This place is really peaceful, so serene."

"That is not what I meant." She replied, then looking around. It obviously was rather peaceful. "I mean moving here and going to college. Is this something you really want?" She asked him seriously, looking into his eyes. "When I first met you, you said this was not your thing..." She added, letting out a sigh.

He sighed heavily, "Do you really want to know?" He asked. He paused for a moment, looking into the pond. "No, this isn't what I wanted. If I had my way, I'd still be at the farm, doing what I know I can do. I don't like not knowing if something will work out or not, that's why I'm not exactly excited about college. But, the day you left, I had to choose: do I want to not be afraid and know what I'm doing...or do I want to be with you?" He looked back in her eyes. " you're right, this isn't my thing. But I would much rather have you in my life than not, so I had to make a sacrifice. One I would make again." He smiled at her.

Katherine felt terrible when he spoke. "I feel so terrible Ben..." She added, not looking at him. Was she really worth it? She was just some young girl, trying to find her own way in the world. And he gave up his entire life to be with her. She didn't deserve that. He didn't deserve that. "You are doing something you don't want to." She added, then lightly standing up. "For me...." She added, obviously conflicted with herself.

He placed his hand under her chin, and brought her up to his eyes. "Don't. It was my choice to leave, and it's my choice to stay. You have nothing to feel sorry for." He watched her stand up, fighting with herself. He stood up with her, holding her in his embrace. "That's life, Katherine. Everyone has to give up something once in a while. Some people just give up more than others. I'm just happy I gave up enough to get rewarded for it." He smiled at her, making it clear she was the reward for his sacrifices. He tenderly kissed her, hoping she would feel better.

Regardless, she still felt very bad. She kissed him back gently, relaxing a little in his arms. Katherine inhaled deeply before resting her head against his chest. "I just don't want you regretting it down the road and then I will feel like it is all my fault." She explained to him, looking up. "I really like you a lot." She whispered.

He pressed her against his chest, and rested his head in her hair. He assured her, "If I ever regret anything, it's because it's my fault. I never blame anyone else, so you shouldn't ever feel guilty about me changing." He brushed get hair, "I really like you, too." He whispered back. "That's why I mad the choice I did, was because I like you so much. If I didn't, I would've never thought of moving in with you."

Would he just up and one day leave her though? Katherine inhaled his scent deeply as they hugged. It was moving really fast. She was getting a bit scared. "I think we need to slow down a bit.." She added. "I mean you have moved in and all but I mean with sex slow down..." She added. Of course, she was unsure if she really would go through with that.

He looked sadly at her, "I thought we were already going slow. We haven't even had sex yet, and you still want to slow down?" He tried not to sound mysogenistic, but he didn't understand what she felt was going fast. "I don't know how much we can slow down without stopping, I'm trying to go as slow as you want." He remembered the day before, "And besides, every time we moved forward, it was because you made it go faster. When you ambushed me in the house, when you asked me to move in, those were all your ideas." He was visibly upset, and on the inside growing frustrated. "What do you want me to do?" He asked earnestly.

Katherine looked upset and then pulled away from him. "I don't know..." She added, looking away. She was just confused for the moment. Everything was just...so fast and she didn't know what to think and she was second guessing herself. She felt her heart starting to race faster as she looked around. He was upset with her. "I don't know...." She repeated, then quickly walking away. She wasn't going to leave him, she just needed a moment to think.

He reached out for her, and sighed. He dropped his hand, watching her run off. He slumped on the bench and thought to himself. He knew he didn't do anything wrong, but he was still upset. He wondered what Katherine was thinking that brought all of this up, what made her want to slow down to a standstill. He stared empty-headed at the pond, watching the fish swim by.

She was just thinking a loud. She just...she had no idea. She brought up the wrong thing at the wrong time and then she ran away. After a few minutes alone, she walked back over to him. "This is just just a lot to handle." She replied, not able to explain her sudden freak out. "I just started thinking about everything and I don't even know. I guess I am just not used to having someone in my life like you." She added.

Back
Top Bottom