Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Other Little Things That Bother You

Status
Not open for further replies.
Men (actual ones or characters) who judge women solely on appearances/physical assets (breasts and rear especially).

I'm not saying by any means women don't do this. I am, however, saying I have more issues with men doing this as opposed to women.

But really though, that's not all there is to women, be it one you meet in real life or as a character. It pisses me off that people still do that shit.

Insomnia also, as DA said. I may have had it for years but doesn't mean I enjoy it.

And NCD, sorry about the initial issue. Glad it worked out in it's own way though. My husband went through an unnecessary thing sorta like favoritism for a while but not quite the same. Needless to say, he pestered them and finally got things settled out and for the better.

People who eat with their mouth open, or smacking their lips then they eat.

Losing a job interview to someone who simply got it because he/she went to a more prestigious university than I did, even though I am clearly more qualified (what is theory really worth against practical application?).

That sucks, Benny. Their loss entirely... =(

Lots of stress and the unending chaos where life just won't ease up for you, leaving you worried and in knots constantly. I really want this terrifying feeling to go away......

At my job RL I've had people on their phone for 15 minutes when they get sat at my table then they either get upset that I approached them while they were talking or waited until they were done.

It never fails. Whatever I choose to do is the opposite of what they'd like. So now I just bring them a water without asking.

LusciousLollies said:
At my job RL I've had people on their phone for 15 minutes when they get sat at my table then they either get upset that I approached them while they were talking or waited until they were done.

It never fails. Whatever I choose to do is the opposite of what they'd like. So now I just bring them a water without asking.

THIS.
RIGHT HERE.
THE FEELS.

I hate serving to these assholes.
But hey,
There is always one in the bunch!

The remarks that my family makes when I buy big bags off-brand cereal. Like... seriously. It taste the same and has the same ingredients. It's the SAME CEREAL and I get twice as much of it for less money. Why would I buy name-brand at that point?

When I used to be a cashier at a supermarket we would often get customers who automatically assumed that every cashier was an illiterate, uneducated dumb ass that needs an easy job. Just because you work at a supermarket or with the public doesn't mean that you didn't finish highschool or that your trash.

I've been there, Eldrithe. I worked as a gas station attendant for a few months and I walked away with a lot more respect for those people. There's a lot of work involved in that job that you might not expect.

Also, I love your Avi. Very sexy in that angelic innocence sot of way.

I don't consider it a little thing but: When you start a new job and you're placed within a strict social/financial divide. I'm not a snob. I like beer or wine depending on my mood. However it's 'just not done' to hang around with the 'lessers.' Every expert starts at the beginning/bottom and I refuse to be a stuck up bitch.

Battle Bunny Riven said:
I've been there, Eldrithe. I worked as a gas station attendant for a few months and I walked away with a lot more respect for those people. There's a lot of work involved in that job that you might not expect.

I love both Eldrithe's and yours, Bunny.
And I know where you're coming from. I actually feel sorry for nice girls/guys who have to hard-sell people to make a "quota". When their stuck up rich supers know full well money is tight. Yes...I'm talking about telemarketers. I've ran across some nice ones, who have asked me jhow I was. I was a telemarketer, that's not on the script. I have said "I'm sorry, but I have to speak with your supervisor." I have given plenty of THOSE. jerks a piece of my mind. Citing some of their own quota rules back at them... they hate it, but guess what? Tough cookies.

Know what grinds my gears? Those Emergency Broadcasting Announcements that take over the TV audio every ten minutes when I am trying to watch TV.

simpleroleplayer said:
Battle Bunny Riven said:

I love both Eldrithe's and yours, Bunny.
And I know where you're coming from. I actually feel sorry for nice girls/guys who have to hard-sell people to make a "quota". When their stuck up rich supers know full well money is tight. Yes...I'm talking about telemarketers. I've ran across some nice ones, who have asked me jhow I was. I was a telemarketer, that's not on the script. I have said "I'm sorry, but I have to speak with your supervisor." I have given plenty of THOSE. jerks a piece of my mind. Citing some of their own quota rules back at them... they hate it, but guess what? Tough cookies.

thanks Bunny and Simple. My Avi. is from a playstation game called "Legend of the Dragoon" her name is Shana and she's in her White-Silver Dragoon form.

I 100% agree that telemarketers are super annoying. I know they are just doing their job, but when your getting anywhere from 3-5 calls a day is a bit much. Normally I don't pick up the phone unless I recognize the number or if they start leaving a message. My philosophy is "if it's important they will leave a message".

On the subject of phone calls. I hate scammers. you know, the ones that call your house and try to either steal your identity or your credit card numbers. It almost feels like you can't trust anybody anymore. Life sometimes sucks, we don't need scammers to make it worse. Why don't they use their intelligence and do something good with it instead of hurting people.

Telemarketers really annoy me,too.Lately,I've been getting calls from a company that I don't even have any dealings with.I was getting several calls a day.I recently got an application on my phone that hangs up on any unwanted number.The last time this company called,this application hung up a second later (literally!)

People who give really vague answers like 'I guess' or 'Maybe' when I'd really like a yes or no answer. It's yes or no, or maybe with a very brief explanation why it's a maybe.

BennyQ said:
Losing a job interview to someone who simply got it because he/she went to a more prestigious university than I did, even though I am clearly more qualified (what is theory really worth against practical application?).

Yes! Where I come from there are a number of different schools in the area and all of us are competing for the same jobs because, despite Florida really needing this specific service we were educated in, there aren't enough jobs to go around so most of us will either have to leave the county or even the state (which is what I'm facing). Most of the places that will hire those in my field will opt for the candidate that went to one particular school (that will remain nameless here as to protect the reputation of that school and my own privacy lol) as opposed to the one I went to. We all learned the same things. We all took the same classes. We all had to do research papers, presentations, internships, we were all taught by professionals IN our field, etc. The only difference is that those that went to the other educational establishment paid a whole helluva lot more to go to that school, probably even had to sell their soul (the jury is still out on that). The only difference between that candidate for the position and me is that I won't be in debt as long and, for my internship, I had to go out on interviews and such and learn from the ground up as opposed to the other whose school has facilities on property to learn from....that's it.

My own personal little thing that bothers me is when people don't knock before entering or when they knock and then don't wait for me to say it's okay to enter. What the hell? When someone does this, part of me wants to ask, "Did you WANT to get slapped upside the head today?" Seriously, just knock....I'll say it's okay to come in 98% of the time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom