Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Whomping Willow (Kiandra_Black & Greeneyed23)

"You remember what happened between Lily and Severus last year? Lets just say James isn't the only one who loves Lily. So, he's just a little miffed about that. At least, that's what I think." Cleo answered, looking over at Brandon. She could admit to herself that he was cute.

She looked at Skyfall, who was soaking up the attention, and said, "You're spoiling him." Skyfall opened a bleary eye to glare at her. She grinned at the cat before turning to look at the forest. She was feeling. The seperation was gnawing on her bones as she wished to run under the moonlit night. She shivered, her skin crawling suddenly.

Severus saw the two laying together in the grass and walked up cautiously. He had scars from when he had surprised her. "Hey. How you doing?"
"Fine Severus. How are you?"
"I could be better. How is your back? You seem to be bleeding?"
"It's fine. It isn't bleeding right now. And it isn't bothering me either. Tomorrow morning, it will be completely healed."

Severus smiled at that and clicked his fingers as he sat crosslegged at the other side of Cleo's head. Skyfall immediately left Brandon behind and lay in Severus' lap. Severus smirked at Brandon, before placing a hand on Cleo's neck, massaging her tense muscles. She lowered her head, and sighed, smiling softly as she looked up at him, mouthing Thank You to him quietly. He nodded down at her before looking up at Brandon.

Severus had taken oover the role of her older brother, after that fateful day.

Brandon did not answer her thinking and did not look up from the cat until he left to go see Snape. At Severus' look Brandon sighed and stood. "well you two have a lovely evening. I have to go."

He moved close to the pair and looked down into Snape's eyes. Brandon carried his eleven inch dogwood and dragon heart string wand in his belt like a dagger but his hand never came near it. "no hard feelings Severus."

"Good night Cleo."

And with that he turned on his heel and was soon gone from sight not letting either see where he went.

He did go see the Threstrals giving them their treats thinking wondering at the love triangle he had just unknowingly been dragged into. He would not break his date with Lily, who he knew actually was well aware of Potter's feeling for her but had no idea that Severus also had feelings for her.

He would have to be very careful now as he would not harm lily who though pretty he did not really see as anything more than a friend, the two having been close since their first year. He would just let the Hogsmeade visit go as it would and not worry about it. Once his bag was empty he went back inside to the common to do his homework, then off to bed.

"Severus, why did you chase him off? We were having a good conversation." He looked over at her and hmphed before looking away. She shook her head at his attitude and looked up at the sky.
Dusk was falling and it was beginning to chill her. She stood, picked up her bag and helped Severus stand from his spot. Skyfall walked beside them as the two headed up to the castle.

Cleo finished her homework and saying Good night to both Severus and Regulus, headed up to bed. She changed into a black and green silk nightie and snuggled under the covers. Skyfall curled up next to her head, purring. She quickly fell asleep.

A blood-curdling scream fell from her lips as she awoke from her nightmare. Skyfall watched her worriedly as she stood, grabbed her thick black cloak and left.
She entered the forbidden forest, near the Thestrals and placed her robe on a branch before she shifted shapes. Her eyes adjusted to the dark, the golden green color reflecting the light of the half moon. She stretched, her paws enjoying the dirt underneath.

She ran for miles, burning off the miasma of the nightmare from her mind. Her senses exploded with the forest as she began searching for food. A stag caught her eye, limping away from the herd. He was old, and weak. The younger stag had taken his herd and his pride in the fight earlier today. She prowled closer, her nose twitching as she got ready to jump. In the last second, he sensed the danger, but it was too late. Her jaws were clamped around his throat, her teeth beginning to shred the skin. He fought, adrenaline rushing through him before he finally succumbed to death's embrace.

Cleo slowly released his throat, looking him over. She dragged her kill to the paddock. The Thestrals stamped their feet, eager to feed. She growled at them, her bloodlust still high. She fed first, and only after did she leave the rest of the meat to the Thestrals.

She left the paddock, heading to where she had left her robe. She shifted back into human form, put on her robe, and headed back inside.

Dawn came, and with it a new day. Instead of sleeping in, Cleo was up early, eating breakfast by herself while she read from the Daily Prophet.

Brandon went to the Great hall for breakfast alone today. Lily was chatting with her friends and did not see him. Brandon was about to sit down when he saw Dumbledore motion to him. He immediately jumped up and went to see the headmaster. "Sir?"

"Mr. Krissin I need a favor." Brandon blinked. "Anything sir." Dumbledore chuckled. "I appreciate your enthusiasm Brandon. Now I need you to deliver this to professor Slughorn. i would myself but I have to go to the ministry and Horace seems to be skipping breakfast with us." he held out a wrapped package. "Uh sir..is it fragile? i don't want to break it by accident." Dumbledore smiled. "yes it is but i have faith in you. Keeper's hands and all that."

Brandon nodded. "Yes sir." Brandon took the package and went off to deliver it as requested. Horace Slughorn was most excited to get the package and thanked Brandon again offering him an invite to the dinner parties Horace often threw. "Im afraid i wont be free until Halloween sir. i could attend then?" Slughorn sighed but nodded. "Very well Mr. Krissin."

Brandon smiled gathered his things and went off to class.

Cleo headed to class. Severus sat next to her as they took out their notebooks. Professor Godiva swept into the room, demanding they put their books away. They would only need their wands.
She went on to explain the Patronus charm once more. Then she let them practice.

Cleo stood with Severus and practiced the arm movements before she did it herself. "Expecto Patronum!" A small wisp of smoke appeared, and Severus grinned. She growled at him and said, "Let's see you do better!"
"All right then. Expecto Patronum!" The same thing happened, to him and she snickered behind the sleeves of her robe. He glared at her as she practiced again. This time the wisp looked a bit more like a creature, and Severus started guessing, "A dog? Maybe it's a big cat. Something with four legs. It looks a bit hunched... Like there is something on its back... Oh I know! A hyena!" He started laughing like one, making fun of her. She turned on him, smacking his arm, hard. He yelped and nursed his arm as if it was a baby. She laughed at him and thought about a happy memory. The first one that came to mind was the first day of class. The memory of the picture. She shook her head to clear it, but tried the charm once more. "Expecto Patronum. " This time a silvery Thestral shooting out of her 13 inch Whomping Willow wand. She stared in shock, as the Thestral trotted around the room, its skeletal form causing everyone to become speechless. For those who hhad never seen death, this was the first time they had seen one. The Thestral came back to its mistress and nudged her. She raised a hand to the bony neck, and then disappeared. Severus stared at her before whooping. She smiled and the two spent the rest of the class period practicing.

The rest of the day passed in good cheer, as the two Slytherins headed down to dinner. She smiled at something he said as they spoke of the Hogsmeade trip for tomorrow. Cleo shook her head at one of his questions. He stuck his tongue out at her childishly as they sat. Cleo looked over at the Gryfindor table, searching for Remus who she hadn't had time to speak with. She found him and smiled slightly at him. He winked at her and mouthed tomorrow. She blushed acutely and nodded as Severus snickered at them. Though Remus was cute, she didn't really like him, only as a friend. He felt the same about her too.

Brandon and Lily stayed near the back with Remus in Defence against the Dark Arts. Remus could not create a corporal Patronus just yet but then Brandon whispered. "Consider a cure." Remus grinned and held out his wand and produced his Patronus a rather smallish but powerful wolf.

Lily produced her doe with no issue just as Brandon did his tiger which was the symbol of his family. James and Sirius produced only the shield like Patronus' not quite able to solidify them yet. Brandon smiled at Remus' little exchange with Cleo and went with Lily until they had to separate for the next class.

Outside of school Voldemort and his followers were beginning to grow more bold, as evidenced by the increase of vanishings around the wizarding world. It was never children and though it was also none of the ministry's officials or employees but other witches and wizards of knowledge useful to Voldemort and his Death Eaters. This included the parents or family members of students. One of which was Brandon's grandfather. The news came to Hogwarts while they were in Defence against the Dark arts and though many looked for him no one could find Brandon to tell him.

Cleo felt heartbroken for Brandon. She knew what it felt like. Though the teachers tried to keel it hushed, the news spread like wildfire. She sighed as she thought to herself, 'he probably doesn't want company right now. It's no wonder he went into hiding.' Severus sat down with her on one of the stone benches in the courtyard as she read a book. Regulus passed them, but didn't stop, since he was late for class.

Cleo set down her book, looked over at Severus and asked, "How long do you think it will be until we are sucked into the violence besieging our parents?" He shrugged, not knowing what to tell her. She sent back to reading, but she couldn't concentrate. So she stood and said, "I have to do something to keep my mind off the news. See you later?"
"Yeah. I have to head to the library anyways to finish an essay. Be careful Cleo."
"You too Severus."

Cleo walked down to the dungeons, dropping off her book bag in her room. She grabbed her smaller bag, and a book for light reading before heading up to the kitchens. Once there, she charmed the little house elves into givings her small scraps of meat, before putting those into her bag as well. Saying good bye, she made her way out of the castle and onto the green lawns. She walked slowly, heading down the path to the Thestrals. She walked around the paddock, and settled herself on a large rock. The Thestrals nickered to her and she lay back, surrounded by their skeletal forms, book in the air above her head as she began reading.

Brandon had gone for a walk around the lake after he had been called to Professor Dumbledore's office with McGonagall and Dumbledore waiting to tell him. The news had been a severe blow but Brandon had not reacted though he had thanked the Headmaster and his Head of House for giving him the day off excused his homework to be placed in holding until he was ready for it.

While he was walking he was unaware of where he was going. His grandfather and he had always been close and now the old man was dead. Dumbledore had tried to convince Brandon that it was possible the man was alive but Brandon knew that was unlikely.

Now as he rounded a curve behind some trees he froze. Mulciber, Avery, Wilkes, and Rosier were standing there. Everyone knew how dangerous these four were and though they were careful never to be caught they were known to have performed some hideous deeds on other students. Brandon sighed and gratefully thought At least Cleo and Severus are not with them...

"What's wrong Krissin? Guna cry about your grandpa? Did you lurve him?" They began to move toward Brandon, all four holding their wands. Rosier suddenly flicked his wand up"Levi-" "STUPEFY!! PROTEGO!!" Quick as the move had been Brandon had been quicker and as his shield blocked the several spells that followed as while his stunning spell had been on target Rosier had been pushed aside by Mulciber, and Brandon had dove behind some rocks.

The others were shooting spells at him but the rocks and his shield protected him well and and peeking over the rock he sighed what he needed and popped up with his wand aimed. REDUCTO!!! And the resulting explosion in the four trees halted the battle which promptly ended as the four trees fell between Brandon and the four others who fled the scene. Brandon sat waiting his wand still ready.

Cleo was quietly reading her book when she heard spellwork and yelling in the distance. She grabbed her wand, and leaving her other things by the rock, ran in the direction she heard the commotion.

She was nearly hexed by Avery who skidded to a stop iin front of her. Her eyes flashed dangerously as she performed wandless magic to create a shield charm in front of her. "If you want to keep your wand arm Avery, I suggest you lower it. I do not take kindly to a wand in my face." He lowered it. Mulciber and Rosier reached him, and they looked over at her.

The three Slytherins knew not to openly defy her. She was wicked cruel, though only if you deserved it, and they knew it would only go worse for them if they attacked her. Plus she was in their house. Wilkes though, wasn't the smartest in the bunch, and sent a small hex towards her shield. She raised an eyebrow at his pathetic attempt and the other three cringed. With a simple wand wave, all four boys were on their backs. Cleo warned, "The next time one of you has the bright idea to hex someone, be aware of the consequences." Rosier growled something and as her shield disappeared, sent a Reducto her way. She slammed into the ground as the tree behind her exploded. She sent an Expelliarmus towards them amd watched in amusement as the four lost their wands. She struggled to get up from where she had landed as Mulciber walked over to her, and abandoning magic, kicked her in the stomach. She coughed in pain as she struggled to regain her breath, and said in a wheezing voice, "Stupid move Mulciber. Hope you know that you'll be paying for that." He sneered as Avery said, "Not if we Obliviate it from your mind."
"I'd like to see you try to get into my mind, bloody wanker." Avery simply smirked at her, raising his wand. The four had seemingly forgotten that Brandon was still within earshot.

Four loud bangs came from behind them and all four were suddenly floating in midair. Brandon walked over to them. his face was bleeding from having hit the rock he had crouched behind. "You four not only are cowards but women beaters?" I have something for you."

He twirled his wand and put it in his belt like a dagger then collected theirs. He studied them then threw them into the lake. The he went to each one and kneed them so hard ion the face that Cleo could easily hear the breaking of several bones. Once all four were out cold, bleeding but still alive, he let them down, modified their memories and went to Cleo. helping her up carefully. "thank you. Are you alright?"

He left the four laying there as he helped her back to the rock where her stuff was and gathered it taking her up to the Hospital Wing. "You need to get checked. that kick sounded like it broke ribs. And i modified their memories so they can't find their wands. Thats all. Left them to remember everything else. Especially that you are guna rip their heads off." his jaw is set angrily and his face is still bleeding rather heavily.

"Thanks. Were they... bothering you?" She asked as she walked with his help into the castle. Her side was killing her, but now tears were shed. She had been hit with worse before then. Her mind started thinking about revenge as Madam Pomfrey gasped at the sight of them. Cleo looked down and realized she was covered in blood. However, it wasn't hers. It had to have been Brandon's who was still bleeding alongside her.

"Madam Pomfrey, there are four Slytherins out by the lake. You might want to have Professor Slughorn get them." She stared at Cleo, trying to make sense of what she was saying, "Are you telling me those four attacked you?"
"That is what happened. It seems... Brandon was attacked first. I just walked into the fight." She had to stop talking, it was taking all her breath away from her. She took a deep breath and nearly screamed from the pressure. "Joy... I had just healed..." She said, a sardonic grin on her face. Madam Pomfrey clicked her tongue at her in disapproval before ushering her into a bed. She settled down, closing her eyes.

As she felt Madam Pomfrey begin to fuss over her, she weakly waved her away, saying, "Attend to Brandon first. He's bleeding out as we speak."
"You could have internal bleeding!"
"I'll be fine for however long it takes you to take care of him. I'm tough." She smiled at Madam Pomfrey who put her under a stasis spell so she wouldn't further deteriorate while she was looking over Brandon.

"They jumped me because of my grandfather. I guess they just wanted to try to hurt me." He ignored the blood.

Brandon rolled his eyes at Cleo's attempt to have him treated first. "i have four cuts on my eyebrow, forehead and just over my ear, as well as my jaw. im fine. She needs to be taken care of first." Madame Pomfrey sighed but went to help Cleo as Albus Dumbledore came in. He looked furious. "What has happened?"

Brandon explained everything that had happened, not omitting a detail. He also explained about seeing Mulciber kicking Cleo and Avery about to Oblivate her. "And you threw their wands in the lake?" Brandon nodded. "then Modified their memories so they would not know about me throwing their wands away. " "Why? weren't they out cold?" "Perhaps but i was not sure. And i don't think anyone who bullies like that deserves to be wizards and keep their wands sir." Dumbledore sighed chuckling. "i actually agree."

He moved to Cleo. "Ms. Gale what more can you tell me? And did Mr. Krissin leave anything out?"

Cleo looked over at Professor Dumbledore, and answered, "I have no idea what happened before I heard the yells, I was reading a book inside the Thestral's paddock. I suddenly heard... Yelling and spellwork, and decicded to check it out... just in case someone was in trouble. Avery bumped into me first, with Mulciber and Rosier right behind me. I warned them about hexing me, since their wands were out... and placed a shield around myself just in case. Wilkes came barreling over and tried to hex me. I landed them on their butts ..."
She had to pause to regain her breath and Madam Pomfrey explained, "She has four broken ribs. One of them is putting pressure on her lung."
Cleo smiled at Madam Pomfrey then continued, "I used an Expelliarmus on their wands as Rosier caused the tree behind me to explode. When I fell forward, Mulciber decicded he didn't need a wand and startled to kick my stomach. I threatened them with retribution, a d Avery threatened me with an Obliviate. Brandon came over then. He hasn't left anything out." She took a much needed breath and nearly snarled at Madam Pomfrey who had pushed a rub back into place. A quick spell and the pain dulled considerably.
"You'll need to stay off that side while you sleep. But you will be fine by tomorrow morning." Mada. Pomfrey said and Cleo nodded, sitting up.

Professor Dumbledore agreed that she get some rest and then turned to Brandon. "The two of you have made some enemies. Cleo more so than you. Her family is considered worse than Blood Traitors simply because they are Slytherins. Lord Voldemort wants the Gale family to reside at his right hand. They want nothing to do with him. You will have to be very careful now Brandon. I fear these are dark days, which will only get darker."

"Sir I understand but they just killed my grandfather..Im a pureblood too. We are all blood traitors. They hate us just as badly. Im not denying the danger Cleo is in but we are in the same boat." Brandon sighed watching Dumbledore. "Sir..."

"Yes Brandon?" "Will they be expelled?" "I am afraid not. they never managed to actually strike you with magic. But They will not be allowed to attend the school any longer. They will be attending their exams at the Ministry, granted early graduation and will not be allowed to return to the school. Sadly this is all i can do." Brandon reached out and took the Headmaster's hand. "Thank you sir." He shook the hand and smiled. "We do not need to publicly embarrass them. Would just make them more dangerous. We just need to be free of them." Dumbledore smiled at this and nodded. "very wise way of looking at it Mr. Krissin." Brandon blushed. "oh sir..they hinted that they had ties to the Death Eaters. Of course that may have been an attempt to frighten me...I do not know if they said anything of the kind to Cleo. They will likely join Voldemort upon their...graduation."

Dumbledore nodded thoughtfully. "Thank you for that Mr. Krissin." He looked at Cleo. "I assume they said nothing of the kind to you Ms. Gale?"

Brandon watched Cleo as Madame Pomfrey came over to him to heal his cuts and other wounds.

Cleo groaned as Madam Pomfrey poked her sides with her wand, trying to get her ribs back into their spots. She looked up at Dumbledore and asked, "Is that what this attack was about? Voldemort? They didn't say anything to me about that, probably because I would have landed them in here." She grew quiet as Professor Dumbledore nodded and then left.

Professor Slughorn brought in the four Slytherins wwho had caused all this. Madam Pomfrey tisked and kept looking over Brandon, healing his cuts easily. Once he was done she smiled warmly to him and said, "You two may go now. However, Cleopatra, please watch your side today. It would not be good for you to have to come back."
"Yes ma'am. I'll be careful. I promise."

With that, the two young adult walked out of the Hospital Wing.
Cleo looked over at Brandon and said softly, "I'm sorry about your Grandfather. I know what it feels like to lose someone you love dearly. Especially in that way." She placed her hand lightly on his arm and looked up at him.

That was the sight Remus walked in on and he stopped for a second to stare at them. He smirked to himself then cleared his throat rather loudly to call attention to himself. Cleo jumped, her other hand going to her wand, but not drawing it as she saw who it was.
"Don't DO that Remus! I couldd have hexed you badly!" Cleo scolded as he walked up to the two. Sirius and James walked up, mere seconds later.

Brandon nodded as they walked out and smiled. "Thank you Cleo. I appreciate it." He could not help but smirk as she nearly hexed Remus. "Remus." He ignored James and Sirius for now as Remus came over and hugged him expressing his condolences. He was surprised when James and Sirius did the same thing but accepted gratefully.

"So did they really attack you both?" Brandon smirked but nodded. "First me then they went after Cleo after she came to my rescue. Dirty bastards were going to kick and oblivate her. Lucky i did not give them worse..." Remus nudged him. "language.." Brandon rolled his eyes. "Remus they would have killed her. The lines are being drawn. And people like Cleo and I are clearly not going to be on Voldemort's."

His eyes were very different than the Brandon they had seen last. He had changed out in the forest and he would never be caught off guard again. He nodded to Cleo. "thanks again. I need to go get my homework."

He turned and walked to the common room where Lily hugged him and handed over his homework. She felt the distance between them now and knew why it was there but could not discover a way to bridge the gap so she just at with him doing homework.

Inwardly Lily was very sad for Brandon and she longed to help him but now he frightened her a bit the danger in him marking him. Voldemort had been in public for years but he had never claimed the death of a victim until recently but the Wizarding world still seemed to be trying to ignore him away.

Cleo watched him walk away and sighed, knowing that he had changed. Remus looked at her and shrugged. She turned back to James and Sirius and saw that they were standing there, looking quite awkward. "All right, what is it Potter, Black? What do you two want?"
James answered, "We want to apologize. For being prats. You are obviously against Voldemort, even if you are a Slytherin." Cleo looked at them for a couple seconds more and then nodded, accepting their apology. The two then said their goodbyes and headed back up to their common room. Remus smiled at Cleo and the two headed to the library to study.

"I hate Ancient Runes. Tell me again why I decided to tale it?" Cleo complained as they opened their books at a table in the back. Remus chuckled and said, "This is your own fault. You chose the class. I am at least good at it." She growled playfully at him as he smirked. Before too long, the two were engrossed with their work.

About an hour later, Severus found them, and sat down. He pulled out his own homework as Cleo tilted her head. Remus looked up at her, a question in his eyes as she answered, "Why do we call it homework? We don't take it home. It should be called Dormwork. Right?" Severus and Remus exchanged looks and Severus rummaged through his bag before pulling out a chocolate bar from Honeydukes. Cleo's eyes lit up as she put her hands out in a begging fashion. Remus laughed at how she turned into a little child at the sight of chocolate and she hit his arm while slightly bouncing in her seat. If there was anything she loved more than life itself, it was chocolate.

The bar was passed to her and she huddled back into her seat, opening it and taking small bites. She smiled at Severus who grinned back in response as Remus chuckled again.

The three finished their homework, and the conversation turned to the Hogsmeade trip for tomorrow.

Brandon went to bed soon after James and Sirius came into the common room and though he was not rude to them he did not speak with them wanting to be alone. he managed to go to sleep rather quickly but his dreams were dark and full of danger and evil.

Brandon woke and went to breakfast silently and alone then found Lily happier and a bit more talkative this morning but the space between them was still there the space.

They avoided Madame Puddifoots at Lily's suggestion and went to the Three Broomsticks for some butterbeer. They chatted about classes, Quidditch, Dumbledore, romantic gossip, and anything except Brandon's grandfather and the attack yesterday. They had begun healing their friendship.

Brandon was in a rather good mood as they decided to go to Zonko's to pick up some things they had plans for their fellow sixth years with.

Cleo slept horribly, but woke early. Her eyes looked tired, but she seemed a bit energized. Severus walked with her down to the Great Hall, ate breakfast as they gossiped about what had happened yesterday, then the two headed to Hogsmeade. They headed to Hog's Head so they wouldn't be bothered by their fellow students and had a Butterbeer. Remus joined them there and the three headed over to Honeydukes, so Cleo could fill up on her sweet tooth. She searched the shelves, checking each new candy. She stopped at every single chocolate stand, but Remus and Severus would push her away from them. She growled at them, but continued moving down the asile.

After a whole hour, the two boys dragged her out of Honeydukes as she laughed at them. Her money bag was considerably lighter and she was carrying two bags, full of chocolate and other assorted candies, like sugar quills and Berty Bott's Jelly Beans. The three made their way to Zonko's Joke Shop, and Severus decided to head back to the castle to finish an essay. The two booed him, but he simply waved them away. The two left behind grinned at each other, before entering the shop. They headed into one of the aisles and looked at the fake wands. Cleo pointed one at Remus and the two laughed at the small sparks at the end of the tip. Cleo took a turn and came up short, missing Lily. The two girls smiled at each other and started a small conversation. Remus came up behind Cleo as Brandon came up behind Lily and the two boys smirked at each other.

Lily finally said Goodbye and Remus and Cleo headed over to the Three Broomsticks for one last Butterbeer. They sat at the bar and Cleo turned to look at him as she said, "Thank you so much Remus. I enjoyed today immensely."
He smiled and leaned in. She did also and the two shared a sweet kiss. As they pulled away, the two started giggling, which turned into laughs as they realized that the kiss had been absolutely nothing. No sparks. Nothing. It felt as if they had kissed their sibling. Cleo said, "Friends?"
"Forever Miss Gale." The two cracked up again.

Lily and Brandon had wound up heading back earlier after a short trip to the Shrieking Shack. Lily wanted to know where the infamous howls came from and though Brandon knew he would not tell her but he also teased her a with all the stories and theories he knew of. As they had been coming back lily had slipped and badly sprained her ankle so Brandon had scooped her up and taken her up to Madame Pomfrey who sighed but handled it while Brandon watched then once she was ready took Lily down to dinner.

His snowy owl Helena was waiting to see him but without a note. he stroked her back and she gently nipped his ear. "Hello lovely. Miss me?" She chirped nuzzling his chin with her head.

Brandon sat eating and feeding Helena, who had walked up his arm to his shoulder, his eyes a bit glazed as he considered deep thoughts his gaze going through the walls before him. Lily was sitting beside him watching Helena eat and thinking about who to aim at next as the whole day had proven that she and Brandon would never be more than friends not even enough spark between them to draw out a kiss.

Cleo chose that moment to walk into the Great Hall by herself, her left hand curling her black hair behind her ear. Remus smiled at her from the Gryfindor table before turning back to the girl sitting next to him. He flirted with her as Cleo grinned and looked over the other tables. She hardly noticed the boys' looks as she walked over to her table, ruffling Regulus' hair as she sat down.

Severus looked over at her and asked, "So, how did it go?" Cleo smirked and answered, "Just fine. We found we were better off as friends. So, any other takers? Who else is available?"
"You ask me as if I have a list of all the eligible bachelors in the school for you to pick and choose."
"Hey, don't tell me you don't. Even if it's just in your head, you have a list of guys you wouldn't freak if they dated me. So come on, let me hear it."
"Oh, this ought to be good." Regulus said, leaning in to hear clearly what Severus would say.
"Fine, but I have to tell you, this list is small. Miniscule even. I only allow Remus on this list because he is the least annoying of the Marauders. Jacob, from Ravenclaw..."
"He is pretty cute." Cleo interrupted Severus, while waving cutely towards the blonde-haired blue-eyed Jacob, keeper of the Ravenclaw team. He smiled her way, winking as she smiled back.
Severus rolled his eyes aand continued, "No Hufflepuffs. I will disown you."
"As if I would choose a Hufflepuff. Anyways, who else?"
"Cameron, from our house. Kevin from Gryfindor, and Brandon."
"Brandon? Really? I thought you didn't like him. What changed your mind?"
"Well, Brandon and Lily didn't look at all cozy when they walked in. Plus, you two seem to just... I dont know, click. There is a spark there."
"Really? And you wouldn't mind us dating?" Cleo looked over to the Gryfindor table, head tilted as she studied him. She looked back over to Severus and Regulus, a pink blush gracing her cheeks. The two boys smirked at her as Severus said, "I can trust him to protect you, when I'm not there to do it."
"Shut up." The three laughed as Cleo ducked her head, her hair covering her burning cheeks.

Brandon noticed Cleo, Severus and Regulus look over but of course he had no clue why still feeding Helena, her sharp talons biting into his shoulder just as the trio looked over at him. Brandon raised an eyebrow but said nothing looking up at his owl. "What?"

She hooted and ruffled her feathers at Sirius who she did not like.
"Oh sorry darling." Brandon gave her a large chunk of bacon which she snatched up an, nuzzled his temple then flew off smacking Sirius with her wing rather hard. Sirius yelped. "Why does that bird hate me so much?"

Brandon rolled his eyes. "You shot her with a Stinging Hex our first day moron." Sirius blinked. "oh yeah. i-" "YOU WHAT!?!!" James, Sirius, Remus, and Brandon all winced at Lily's shriek and all of them said. "Oh bugger..."

Lily swooped down on Sirius with a rolled up Daily Prophet whapping him with it everywhere as everyone watched, even the teachers in shock. Lily was an excellent witch and knew dozens if not hundreds of very painful but unharmful spells , jinxes and hexes but since she had also been warned to stop using magic on her peers she had resorted to a more basic tactic. Finally when Sirius dove under the table and crawled free tot he other side and Brandon caught Lily to stop her McGonagall arrived. "Ms. Evans!! MR. black!! What is the meaning of this?"

Brandon sighed and explained and while no one laughed it was a close thing. Especially when McGonagall looked down at Sirius . "You shot a Stinging Hex at an innocent owl?" Sirius cowered. "Yes Professor. I-" And then he howled as she whapped his across the back of the head with Lily's confiscated newspaper. "I cannot punish you since it happened so long ago. But if you ever harm an innocent animal again i will have you scrubbing all of Hogwarts with a toothbrush!!" She marched off furiously everyone trying not to laugh but with a small squeak from a Hufflepuff the whole Hall, including the other teachers went wild with laughter while Sirius, blushing heavily, shrank into his seat.

The entire hall laughed, Cleo had to actually wipe away tears from her eyes. The rest of dinner went by pretty tame and she excused herself, saying, "I have to stop by the library really quick. I need a book for an essay. See you in the Common Room?"
"Yeah, see you then. Don't stay too long past curfew." Regulus said as she walked away. She was oblivious to the stares she got, as her hips swayed naturally from left to right.

At the library Madam Pince gave her a look as she entered. She simply smiled and nodded to her before heading to the Restricted Section. She wanted to do her Research Paper for Care of Magical Creatures on something rare. As she ran her eyes over the spines, she felt chilled, as she always did in the presence of a ghost. She turned to see who it was and found the Bloody Baron floating there. She nodded politely as he said a greeting then passed through the shelf beside her. She shivered as the air became warm again, and continued her search.

After a few minutes she came to a smaller book, tucked in between two large tomes. She slipped it out, and looked through it, her eyes glowing with delight as she found what she was looking for. She hurriedly skimmed through the pages, her back leaning against the book shelf. Madam Pince stated it was Curfew and she headed to the front desk to check out. Pince looked at her with grave eyes as she saw the book, and said, "Keep the book with you. Don't let anyone else read it."
"Yes Madam Pince. I won't." Cleo answered, placing the book into her side book bag and walking out the door. They shut behind her, and she found herself alone in a darkened hallway.

"Well hello Cleo gale." Brandon appeared out of the shadows from the opposite direction. He had been working on his own Care of magical Creatures essay by studying his chosen creature in an abandoned classroom and at the curfew the creature had vanished out the window so Brandon had left the room just in time to see Cleo.

He smiled. "I take it that you had a pleasant Hogsmeade visit?" He had been well aware of Remus flirting with another girl though he had not seen any spark between Remus and Cleo.

He was a bit surprised at himself for approaching her but he had to admit she was easily the most brilliant and lovely girl he had ever met and she was so easy to talk to.

"What creature did you decide on? Im doing my essay on an Vermounthian Habbert. Did you know that they live int eh forest?" The creature is a small little four legged beast that looks a lot like a terrier but has furry wings on it's back and is covered in scales everywhere else. They like to eat Bowtruckles when they can and have excellent climbing and flying abilities.

Cleo didn't jump when he came out of the shadows, simply smiled at him. She studied him, and could admit to herself that he was handsome and intelligent. "I've decided to do mine on the Basilisk. I've always had an affinity to snakes, and the Basilisk itself is the King of all snakes. It was between that and the acromantula, but I have a fear of spiders." Cleo answered, surprised she would reveal a fear of hers.

Since it was already curfew, the two students had to be careful not to get caught. Cleo heard Professor McGonagall speaking to Madam Pince and her eyes widened. She grabbed Brandon's hand and rushed down the opposite way, heading to a hiding spot she knew of that the castle had provided her many a time. She rounded the corner, and opened the door. Many thought it was a broom closet, but in reality, it was a secret passageway up to the fourth floor.

The door closed behind them, shrouding them in darkness before Cleo lit her wand with a simple Lumos. She had her back to Brandon as she said, "Sorry, but I didn't want to get in trouble with McGonagall." She turned to face him and a blush lit her cheeks as she realized how close he was to her. She tried backing up only to find the wall at her back. She shyly smiled up at him, realizing for once that he was a bit bigger than her.

Back
Top Bottom