Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Not what it seems(blair/lady)

Jax swallowed hard. "Yea, I'll keep her from seeing it until Mom has you doctored up, alright? But just breath, Zane. You will be fine." He looked over at his brother worriedly as they moved into the summer house. Nothing fazed their mother, considering she had seen many things over the years. She simply made him lay down on the bed in the bedroom upstairs and went to work on her son's shoulder. "I can't believe your father shot you," she whispered, tears in her eyes. She always hated that she couldn't protect them. "He told me about Kate, Sweetheart. Is it true? Am I going to have a little grandchild here soon?" She looked down at him with soft eyes, reaching up to stroke his hair away from his face. Meanwhile, Jax was in the other room dialing Drayke's cell.

Kate pulled back and rest a hand on her stomach. "It's a little hard to get around," she murmured, looking down at her stomach with a smile. "But the baby is healthy, and that's all that matters." At the mention of Alexander, she tensed and frowned. She was going to express her worry, but Drayke's phone began to ring. "Get that. It could be them." She nudged him to answer the phone before moving to her bedroom, putting on a sweater, leggings, boots, and her winter coat. She wanted t see Zane so badly, and she hoped this meeting would go smoothy... She missed him so much.

Zane relaxed, closing his eyes as he let jax help him."Oaky.it's fine. Just hurts."He muttered sighing quietly, yelping as his mother started working on his shoulder, whining as tears of pain misted his eyyes."WEll, I did posion him, seems like a fair trade..."He muttered before sighing before nuzzling his fae against his mother's hand, "es. She's coming here...they'll be here soon."He said smiling almost dreamil, because he so wanted to see her.

Drayke laughed softly starting to answer before answering his phone, looking worried as he moved into the kitchen to talk."What is it?"He asked sounding worried because he ws sure that jax wouldn't be calling unless something had happened. After all, if things had gone well, the two men would have just shown up and waited. So the call scared him, made him worry. nd though it scared him, he couldn't help the relief that hit him when he heard jax's voice.

Lily smiled down at her son, leaning down to kiss his forehead. "Rest, Sweetheart," she murmured, "I will let you know when they pull in, okay?" Reaching in her nightstand table, she pulled out a bottle of pain killers, putting two in his hand before going to get him a glass of water. "Take those. I'm going to go fix all the guest rooms up for everyone." With that, the sunny woman left the room, so happy at the idea of having her sons safe at home with her and their lovers.

Jax smiled when he heard his lover's voice, glad to know he was okay. "Alexander is dead," he said simply, "Zane had managed to poison him... Of course, he didn't go down without taking a shot at Zane. Got him in the shoulder... He's okay, so don't tell Kate until she gets here and can see he's not dying...But you need to hurry and get them moving. I don't know what kind of reaction this will get and I don't want you to be on the road if something happens. Be careful. I love you." With that, he hung up and went to sit with his brother, pulling a chair up beside the bed. "So... Am I really the godfather?" he asked with a grin. "Or was that just for show."

Kyle picked Emily up, hurrying to get her dressed in warm clothes before pulling his own coat and boots on. He looked over to Alix, handing her Emily. "You think you can get her in her car seat?" he murmured, looking hurried. He didn't know exactly what was going on, but he did sense something in Drayke's demeanor that said they shouldn't waste any time. "We can follow Drayke in my truck... I'm going to help Kate into his car." With that, he quickly leaned over to kiss her cheek before moving to help Kate down the steps of the porch and into the passenger side of Drayke's car. Once he got her settled in, he went and grabbed a couple blankets for Emily and Alix (because it was the coldest night of the year) and the keys to the truck.

"Okay mom."Zane muttered yawning as he snuggled into the bed, looking sleepy and annoyed when jax talked."Shhh....I'm sleepy"He muttered sghing softly closing his eyes before cracking a eye to look at him before nodding."yes. Now shhh, mom said I had to rest."He said both punch drunk from blood loss and the painkillers.It was probably a good thing Kate wasn't there to see zane being so adorably cuddly.

Drayke swallowed looking bemused."Okay.We'll be there soon."he muttered smiling as he watched the others get read to go, slipping into the passenger's seat he kissed kate's cheek."he's fine.Zane and jax just got to the summer house."He muttered before wrapping her up in one of the blankets kyle had brought out, amused as both emily and alix settled in for the drive.

When they arrived Drayke smiled as he picked Kate up, groaning a little at how heavy she was, but he wasn't about to let her walk through the knee deep snow. Heading for the door he nudged it open before setting her down, smiling at her."Kate. There's somethin you need to know before you go wake zane up.His father shot him. Not badly, jax said it was just through the shoulder,but hes hurt.but he'll be fine."He the man tried to reassure."Alix'll look him over if you want."He added.

"I will?"Alix smiled sleepily amused because she would if kate asked her to, hell she was goin to even if not asked. But amused drayke assumed she would Pressing a kiss to emily's hair as she carried her inside, she looked up at kyle."Take off your stuff, then I'll let you have her so I can pull off my jacket and boots.Then we'll go get her settled into bed."She muttered looking amused.

Kate's eyes went wide. "Oh my God," she gasped, then slapped Drayke's shoulder. "Why didn't you tell me?" She pouted and moved to take the stairs, already frustrated with getting carried. Kate was still as stubborn as ever, and she hated being treated like she couldn't do things she did before she was heavily pregnant... Once upstairs, Kate was stopped by Zane's mother. She was surprised with the woman gave her a hug and a kiss on the cheek. Lily was just so happy her eldest son had become such a good man; nothing like his father. "Zane, Sweetheart, Kate's here," she said, leading her to the guest room at the end of the hall. When she walked in, Jax grinned at her pregnant belly, bent down to kiss her cheek, and left the two alone. "Zane..." Kate whispered, moving over to the bed. Standing there, her stomach was large and round, her sweater stretched over it. Leaning down, she kissed him slowly. "Oh, I've missed you so much..."

Kyle did as he was told, handing her Emily and taking off his coat before taking the child back. He walked with her down the hall that Lily directed them toward, settling Emily down in the bed and tucking her in. She was already passed out, making Kyle smile. He just loved that little girl... "I think we have our own bedrooms," he admitted, looking over to Alix. "But, you know, if you want some company..." With that, he gave her a sheepish smirk.

Drayke yelped a little."Because I didn't want to be hit the whole way here!"He whined before smiling as he set her on her feet, catching jax in a kiss as the man came out."You okay?"He muttered looking his lover over, reassuring himself that the man was indeed okay.

Zane whined a little as he was talked to, grumbling as he blinked slowly, annoyed with being woken up even if it was for a good reason. Blinking stupidly as he sat up on his elbows to kiss her back, wincing as the movement put weight on his shot shoulder, drawing back he looked down at her stomach going a little pale as he stared at her."you're..."He stopped staring because while he had known she was pregnant, it hadn't really sunk in that he was about to be a father, that they were going to be parents. Pulling back he smiled as he hesitantly started to reach out to touch her stomach before stopping,fisting his hand before he could touch her stomach, looking pained and hurt as he dropped his hand. He couldn't touch her, not now..not when he'd just killed his father.

Alix smiled as she followed him upstairs, gentl brushing emily's hair out of her face before blushing as she looked up at him."Oh.Well.Yes."She said stuttering a little smiling as she looked up at him, slipping her hand into his as she led him towards the bedroom she had been given. Leaning up to kiss him softly she gently ran her fingers through his hair,"i love you."She whispered studying him, blushing at the admittance.

Jax smiled, though he looked a little frazzled. His father had just died, his brother had just been shot... He sighed and leaned into his lover, his head resting on his shoulder. "I'm fine," he whispered, "Just glad you are here... I need you." He swallowed and wrapped his arms around Drayke. "Can we just go to our room? Mom set us one up in the west wing."

Kate took the recoiling of his hand as disappointment. She blushed, suddenly feeling incredibly insecure about her large, pregnant stomach. "I... What's wrong?" she said, looking sad. She sat on the edge of the bed, reaching out to grab Zane's hand. "Are you... Are you having second thoughts about this?" She swallowed hard, moving her hand up to her belly as if she were comforting the child inside. "The baby's healthy. Really healthy, actually. And big. The doctor said that it should be at least nine pounds." She smiled a little. "I told Carina I wanted to the gender to be a surprise." Her eyes watered a bit, and she looked down at his shoulder. "Zane... That looks awful. Can I get you anything?"

Kyle looked down at her, surprise registering on his face before his smile grew. "I... I love you too," he whispered, reaching down to pick her up and wrap her legs around his waist. The large man easily held her close as he entered their room for the night, locking the door behind him. For the first time since Emily had been born, he wanted to have sex. And it was with a beautiful woman who had a gorgeous heart and whom his daugther adored... And that was all that mattered.

Drake looked worried about his lover, hugging him before kissing him softly."yea.Come on."He muttered heading for the bedroom, getting ready for bed before limbing into the bed, pulling jax into his arms as he pressed a kiss to his hair."I'm sorry Jax...both that he's gone, and that it was nexesary."He muttered sadly because it was weird to consider alexander was actually dead.

Zane swallowed hard looking startled as she grabbed his hand, smiling shyly, almost hesitantly as he rested his hand on her stomach, shifting a little to rest his ear against his stomach,looking pleased that everthing was okay."It looks worse then what it is. It hurts, but I'm on painkillers."he muttered nuzzling her stomach a little before swallowing."I...my father's dead."He whispered softl, tears misting his eyes as he clung to her.

"It's just... It's an odd feeling. I knew he needed to die, but he was my father," Jax murmured, moving over to cuddle against his lover. "It was for the best..." He frowned, a tear rolling down his cheek. Not because he missed his father, but because he mourned the childhood he never got to have with his father. Lily always told her sons that Alexander was not always that way, and it was hard to believe, but it always made Jax wonder about what could have been... "I love you," he sniffed, "If I have you, that's all that matters."

Kate moved to lean against the headboard, letting him continue to snuggle her stomach as she stroked his hair. "I'm so sorry," she whispered, rubbing his back with gentle strokes. "I'm sorry he was so awful to you for all of those years, and I'm sorry that he drove you to have to do that... But it's going to get better, Zane. Life is going to get better. I'll always be here to love you... and pretty soon, we are going to have a baby to love. And it's your chance to break the Lindstrom mold. You can be the father you never had."

"I know. He was, its okay to mourn that."He muttered kissing his hair as he settled against him to sleepgentl stroking his cheek, wiping the tear away. He knew zane, even if he didn't show it, would be even more torn up. Because he had remembered a time when Alexander hadn't always been this bad, it had only been as they had gotten older and when jax was to little to remember, that alexander had totally lost it. "Well good. I'm glad that I'm the only one that matters. I love you to."He muttered closing his eyes."Sleep jax."He ordered smiling.

zane sighed softly crying as he snuggled her stomach, smiling a little as he listened to her heart beat and felt the baby kicking against his cheek. Swallowing hard before tensing a little."...you...you think I can be?"He asked quietly, because more then anything, that was what scared him so badly about being a father. that he would beome his father. "Okay.We'll be okay."He muttered wrapping his arms around her,closing his ees as he struggled to stay calm and not think about how much his shoulder was killing him.

Alix smiled softly as she kissed him, her legs snug around his waist, sighing softly in pleasure as she felt him pressing against her, squirming as she kissed him again. Sliding her fingers through his hair she smiled shy as she tugged at his shirt, laughing quirtly when she got him undressed."you know, you've been at work today, are you sure you feel awake enough to do this?"she teased lowering her head, trailing her lips over his collar bone, just enjoying touching him

Jax nodded, sniffing and snuggling into him in an almost childlike manner. It took a while to get to sleep, but with Drayke's arms around him and the comfort he gave, he eventually got some rest that night.

Kate grinned. "I know you are going to be," she whispered, stroking his hair gently. She snuggled to him as close as her large belly would allow. "You are going to be an amazing father, and you will never be like your father." She leaned over and kissed him gently. "Go to sleep, Baby, we can talk in the morning..." She let out a yawn. The ride there had taken a lot out of her. Even if she didn't like to admit it, she was always sleepy while pregnant.

Kyle grinned and laid her on the bed, shrugging the rest of the way out of his shirt before crawling over her. "What are you trying to say? I'm old?" he asked, raising his eyebrows. He reached down and began to help her out of her own shirt and bra, immediately leaning down to take one of her breasts in his mouth, his hand moving to pull her pants down... He kissed her away down her stomach, then took each of her legs in his large hands, spreading them so he could kiss and lick her inner thighs.

Zane smiled nuzzling her hand as she stroked his hair, "Okay..."He muttered snuggling her as he closed his eyes, going to sleep. In the morning Zane sighed softly as he sat on the edge of the bed, turning his head as he tried to get a good look at his bullet wound, poking at the edges. Wincing a little e sighed, trying to decide just how bad it was. Smiling slightly as he looked at kate as she woke, he leaned over to kiss her softly."Good morning."The shirtless former mobster smiled shyly at her, as if he was shy now that he was truly there with her, and that he was seeing proof that he was goign to be a father.

"Yes. You're two years older then me."She teased looking amused as she moaned, shivering as her back arched as he sucked on her breast, whimpering in pleasure as he spread her legs moaning louder as he licked at her."Kyyyyllle."She whined in impatience and need when e refused to move on beyond teasing her. She wanted him, after so long wanting him, waiting, that it was killing her to take their time.

Kate slowly opened her eyes, smiling at the sight of her lover. It was so nice to wake up to him... "Morning," she whispered, kissing him back. Putting her hands behind herself, she pushed herself up. Moving around was really becoming a chore. "How that bullet wound?" she asked her hand moving to rubbing his back. She shivered a bit at the feeling of his muscles... Tilting her head to the side, she looked up at him with a sigh. "Sorry our reunion had to be like this. You with a bullet through your shoulder, your father dead, and me looking like a small hippo." She pouted a bit and put her hand on her stomach. She really looked pretty good for a pregnant woman. Only her stomach was large, and her breasts looked a bit more plump that before.

Kyle laughed, crawling up on stop of her and careful not to crush her with his weight. He kissed her deeply as he began to make love to her all through the night... The next morning, he was up early with Emily who woke up a little freaked out about the new setting. He sat shirtless in an armchair across the large room from the bed. He was rocking Emily, talking to her gently. His hair was messy and he looked very tired.

Zane smiled at her his eyes soft and pleased, shrugging a little as he shuddered, loving the feel of her hands on his skin. "It hurts. But it''s not bleeding or looking red, so I think it's safe."he said smiling slightly as he leaned closer so that she could inspect the wound for herself, knowing that she would want to before laughing, stealing another kiss before leaning down to press a kiss to her stomach."I'm fine, my father deserved it, and you look like a very cute hippo."He teased resting his cheek on her stomach, smiling a little, a dimple in his cheek."you look good, love. Not overly large or anything. Just nicely rounded and plump."He said looking pleased with his compliment, not realizing she might take that the wrong way. The man was just so pleased with having her back, and still emotionally withdrawn that he had no idea how others reacted to things.

Alix smiled a little as she sat up on her elbows, smiling sleepily at the two."Hey pretty girl, what's up?"She said looking at emily worried as she held the blanket against her as she leaned over to pull her clothes under the covers to get dressed, when she was dressed she moved over to sit on the arm of the chair, looking concerned, amused at kyle's look."You look tired. You should have slept more."She teased kissing him gently before leaning down to kiss emily's forehead.

Kate wrinkled her nose and looked down at him as he rest his head against her stomach. "Rounded and plump?" she murmured, laughing a bit. "How about beautiful and glowing?" She rolled her eyes and leaned down to kiss him. "Help me up so we can get some breakfast. I'm starving..." With that, she took his hand and let him help her to her feet, but when she stood, she gasped and grabbed her stomach. Her eyes squeezed shut and she swallowed hard. "Oh, Damn, that hurt... Baby's kicking..."

"I wanna be home," Emily whined, leaning into her father's chest. Kyle sighed and stroked her hair, mouthing to Alix that she was just cranky and didn't sleep long enough. He smiled, leaning up to kiss her back. "Oh, I'm fine. Just haven't had any coffee... I went and checked on her in the middle of the night and noticed she was crying, so I brought her in here." He rocked the little girl, bouncing her on his knee. After a few moments, she started to go back to sleep, and Kyle smiled. "I think we should all go back to bed," he whispered.

"Well, you're always that, I would have thought you wouldn't need told that yet."Zane said, blushing at his mistake, kissing her back slowly before getting up, helping her to her feet. Looking panicked, his eyes wide as he held her in his arms he rested a hand on her stomach,feeling the child kicking against his hand he looked at her worriedly making her sit back down."What can I do?Can I help?"He said anxious to make something that he saw as his fault, better.After all, she wouldn't be pregnant without him, so it made him anxious to help.

"I know, but uncle Zane's here, and aunt kate."Alix muttered smiling a littlebefore standing, raising a eyebrow as she took emily from him."Hmm are you sure you just don't want me back in bed for more then sleep?"She teased as she climbed back into bed with emily, both the girls snuggling down into the bed, leaving kyle enough room to get in with them. Alix blushing a little as she looked up at him, for the first time really feeling like a mother and she was trying to so hard to be good, and well...it was surprisingly nice to be with these two.

Kate pouted and sat back down, her hands on her stomach. She took a deep breath and shook her head. "Calm down," she panted, "It's just the baby movie. He's a kicker... Alix says it's a good thing." After a few moments, the unborn child calmed down and gave Zane a smile. She stood back up and leaned into him. "Come on... I want to spend the day doing normal things after not seeing you for months..."

Kyle smiled, looking at his girls with bright eyes. He gently moved to get in the bed, Emily between the two of them. The little girl surprised him by opening her little eyes, looking half asleep. She looked up at Alix with snuggling against her. "Are you my new mommy?" she asked, her voice soft. Kyle frowned, looking pained by the question. Because he wasn't sure if Alix was really ready to take the place of a mother. He knew she had a beautiful heart and loved them, but being a parent was a huge commitment that he didn't want to scare her off with.

zane looked at her, annoyed at being told to calm down, sitting back on his heels as he gently stroked her stomach."Oh...okay.IF alix said it was okay."He muttered sounding unsure but trustng his friend enough to not question her medical knowledge, at least not outloud, or in the house where she was. Alix'd kick his ass if he did. Smiling as he kssed her hair,"well, we'll do normal things then. We'll go have breakfast with m mother and the boys....I'm sure alix and kyle are sleeping in."He muttered snickering a little having heard the two when he'd gotten up to get something to drink the night before, he was glad that they had finall given in and do it.Moving towards the door he smiled, slipping his hand into hers as they waled.

Alix looked startled at the question, biting her lip as she sawllowed hard. Startled by the idea, and looking lost for a moment before looking up at kyle, then down at emily again."I...I guess I am sweetheart. Is that okay?"she muttered stroking emily's hair as she relaxed, though she wasn't toatlly ready for this...she knew kyle would help her if she got overwhelmed.

Kate smiled, content with the idea of breakfast, and followed him to the kitchen. Lily was serving out pancakes and all the fixings, smiling at them. "Oh, there they are," she murmured happily, not like a woman who's husband had died the night before. But the thing is, she loved her sons, and she would choose them over Alexander any day. "Are you two hungry?" Kate nodded enthusiastically, taking her seat. "Starving."

Jax looked over to them as he poured himself some orange juice. "So, Zane, has the father thing settled in yet?" He grinned, still happy at being named godfather. Lily sat down at the head of the table, letting a maid pour her some coffee. "Oh, Jax, your brother is going to be a wonderful father. I can't wait to meet my little grandchild... I still have lots of things from when your three were babies. I even have that stuffed puppy Zane carried around for the first five years of his life..." She laughed at that, moving to eat her pancakes.

Kyle looked surprised at her words... Emily smiled, closing her eyes again and resting her head on Alix's chest. "I... Really? I mean... you want to take that on?" Kyle whispered, raising his eyebrows. Leaning forward, he claimed her lips with his own. It would be a complicated process, but he would love Alix to be Emily's mom... Of course, he'd have to get Candy to sign over her rights, convince Alix to marry him, then formally adopt Emily... But his life would be perfect if it happened. He wanted nothing more than Alix to be in his life forever and to be a mother to his little girl.

Zane smiled looking amused as he looked at his mother's cooking. Sitting down he reaced for a plate, grinning as he started eating."Thanks mom."He said smiling at lily, reliief and amusement showing in his eyes, relief because his mother still loved him, despite what he had done. Despite the usual cold emotionless man, he had been truly worried that his family would turn on him about killing his father. "I guess."Zane muttered blushing a little at jax's question, looking a little disturbed. Because the man was just not comfortable yet with the idea of being a father.

Drayke grinned laughing as he started ate, "really?Ithought that dog would have fell apart by now.He took it everywhere. Including the bathtub." "Shut up Drayke."Zane grumbled blushing a little. "Oh no, you named jax godfather, it requires some embarassing stories to go with it.Espicially since kate thinks your so cool and sauve."Drayke snickered looking at his best friend. ""You're a idiot."Zane muttered not looking t any of them, blushing.

"I...I-yes."Alix said looking at kyle, looking startled at her decision, but happy. She knew she had no intention of leaving them ever, it was just a surprise to have it sprung on her so earl. Kissing kyle back he smiled as she pulled away, gently running her fingers through his hair."Get some sleep kyle.We don't have to do anything toda."

Kate grinned, reaching over to grab his hand underneath the table. "Awe, Zane, that's adorable..." she murmured, leaning over to kiss his cheek. She looked over to his mother and nodded. "I think it would be great to use some of Zane's baby stuff." Sometimes Kate forgot that Zane had a ton of money to blow on baby stuff and that hand-me-downs were not needed... But still, using a few of his things would make it special.

Jax laughed a bit and looked over to Drayke. "You know that me being a godfather practically makes you one two, right? Because there's no way I'm taking all of the responsibility on my own." He laughed a bit at that, and they all went to back to eating...

Kyle nodded, smiling at her and leaning in to kiss her gently. With that, he went to sleep, his long arms wrapped around both of his girls.

"Yea I know, but its more amusing to harass him about not asking me."drayke said snickerkng.

Which months later, was exactly what he was doing as he watched zane fuss over the heavily pretnant kate as they ate in the backyard, having a private picnnic."shes going to hit him.any minute now...we should make popcorn to watch this."he said looking ovet at his lover amused

Zane smiled as be sat down next to kate leaning over to kiss her, holding out a piece of fruit."how do you feel today?"he said even more anxious then normal as the dah of his childs birth quickly approached

Kate looked at him with a sigh. "Zane, I'm fine... Really, why are you freaking out so much? Alix has given me a billion checkups since we've been here and she always talks about how healthy the baby is..." Leaning over, she kissed him gently, then took the piece of fruit. Sighing, she leaned against him, closing her eyes. The baby was due in just a couple of weeks, but she could already tell that the baby would be there anyday. However, she couldn't bring herself to tell Zane that. He would never let her leave bed...

Jax laughed a bit, leaning back on the blanket that they brought to lay down on soft grass. The sun felt good on his face. "You can tell she's trying her best not to," he admitted, pulling his lover back on the blanket with him. "Stop teasing him. He's only going to get worse. Pay more attention to me." He pouted, then laughed.

Zane bit his lip as he laid down next to her, trying to be calm. Glancing over at her he gave her a unsure look, because he really didn't know why. It was just the closer it got, the more freaked out and caged he felt."I dunno...but it makes me panic when I think about being a dad..."he muttered looking so ashamed of himself for admitting that he was scared.

Drayke grinned at him kissing him slowly."aww poor baby.feeling ignored?"he teased kissing him before smirking."I try not to tease him, but its so amusing to watch him freak out when I mentioned he didn't have enough blankets for the kid."he snickered because the poor kid probably had 20 baby blankets already in the nursery cause zane kept freaking out over the smallest details

Kate smiled, leaning in to snuggle against him. "It's good you're scared. It means that you care... Zane, you will be a great father," she whispered, leaning up to kiss him. "But I swear to God, if you come home with one more blanket, I'm kicking you out.." With that, she laughed and kissed him again. She loved being at their mother's summer house. Even if it was odd to some people to think that they were not all living on their own, it was comforting that their loved ones were always around. Not to mention, it was a huge house to begin with. Well, mansion, really. And they had their own master bedroom with a large nursery for the baby... It was all amazing. "Oh! Ow," she suddenly murmured, putting her hand to her stomach.

Jax laughed. "You are so bad..." He rolled his eyes and kissed him back, moving to rest his head on the other's stomach. He let out a sigh. "All kidding aside, it will be nice to see my brother settled down with a kid. I was worried for him for a long time. I was so scared he was going to take a similar direction that my dad had."

Back
Top Bottom