Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Not what it seems(blair/lady)

Zane stared at her looking worried before sihing leaning over to kiss her."but you need blankets. Drayke keeps saying so."he said pouting before looking suspicious."hat bastard. I'm going to kill him."he muttered blushing as he realized that they'd all probably been lauhing at him before looking panicked."kate?whats wrong?"he said looking at her intently.

"Me to. For awhile there it really did look like he was going to becomr as cold and twisted."drayke said smiling because it pleased him to know that his best friend was so much better then he had been just a year ago. A father,and hopefully someday a husband. Yes, he was better. All of them were really

Kate shook her head, looking uncomfortable. "I'm fine... just uncomfortable. I feel like a cow." She pouted and leaned against him, taking deep breaths. This is odd. Usually the pain doesn't stay this long... "Oh, ow. Zane, can you take me inside?" She swallowed hard and kept her eyes shut, her hands resting on her stomach. "And get Alix."

Jax sighed. "Well, thank God for Kate, huh? And him knocking her up helped too..." He grinned at that and looked up at his lover. "Had you ever thought about having kids before? I mean, you seemed into women as much as men..."

Zane frowned looking at her worriedly, before standing and gently picking her up."Okay. I'll get her."he said sounding slightly panicked but staying in control as he headed for the house, and settling her in bed before calling kate. "Alix?Hey, can you come up here?...yea okay."he said hanging up before sitting down on the edge of the bed, gently stroking kate's hair."She's on her way up."He muttered looking so worried. "Kate?What's wrong hun?"Alix said as she bustled into the room, looking worried giving the former mobster a look."Wait outside. Kyle's out there."She said waiting till zane left before looking at kate.

"Yes, thank god for kate."Drayke said snickering a little before blushing a little."I am. I...not really. Life was to twisty turvy to consider bringing in a kid. I-Jax?What do you think he's doing?"Drayke said trailing off as he turned his head to watch kate and zane go inside, worry darkening his eyes.

Kate scrunched her face up in pain, her hands grabbing her stomach and her head reclined on the pillows. "Ah, yea, I'm in pain... A lot of it. Not just the usual. It's coming in short bursts too." Once the pain (for the moment) subsides, she leaned back and began to heavily breath, almost as if she were trying to catch her breath after a marathon. "Please, Alix, don't tell me I'm in labor. We still have a few weeks, don't we?" she asked, looking incredibly worried for the baby inside of her.

Jax looked up at the couple with concern, jumping up and following them. "I don't know, but we should find out..." Once Kate was in the bedroom and Zane was alone in the hall, he walked over to his brother. "Hey, is something wrong? You looked like you were in hurry... I saw Alix rushing up the stairs." He tilted his head to the side, worry showing in his eyes for his brother and his lover.

Alix looked concerned helping the woman out of her pants so she could do a phyiscal exam before a slight amused smile on her lips at kate's words."You knew there was a chance you'd go into labor early. You're big, and healthy."She teased a little before nodding,"You are in labor."She bit her lip, ,glancing towards teh door."Do you want zane in here, or it could just be me and lily, we could leave the boys outside."She said holding the woman's hand, giving her something to hold onto."Now breath easy. You're going to hyperventilate if you keep it up."

Drayke paled a little running up after them, looking worried. "I-I don't know. She started complaining her stomach hurt, and that I needed to get her upstairs."Zane said looking frantic, though he was still staring at the door and not pacing. Drayke smiled a little, swallowing hard."Sounds like your going to be a father sooner then you thought." "W-what?!No. I'm not ready."zane said looking at the two in panic

Kate bit her lip, looking over at Alix with worry. However, she knew that Zane was probably going to be ten times more worried when he found out she was actually in labor. "Well, maybe we should just let the boys stay out there and let them help Zane keep calm. I think it would be too much for him if he was in here." She nodded and took deep breaths, following her friends advice. A few minutes later, she let out a scream, and her water broke. "Ahhh. OW! Oh... God, please tell me you have some pain medication..." she groaned.

Jax grinned and moved Zane to sit in the waiting room next door to the room Kate was in. He went and made his brother a drink. "You're as ready as you will ever be," he murmured, "Don't worry. Alix is amazing at what she does and Kate's a strong one." He looked up when Kyle came in, his eyebrows raised. Emily was with Lily down stairs making cookies. "Hey... What's going on?"

Alix nodded smiling a little."Well, they can just stay out there then.I do. I'll be right back okay?"she said having not brought her doctor's bag up with her, walking quickly from the room, se took the long way around to just avoid the room the boys were in before returning, smiling as she tied off kate's arm and dosing her with the pain medication, before settling in to help her deliver the baby."Give it a fe wminutes. It'll be fine kate, just think about how many damned blankets zane's going to come home with if he actually realizes your in labor."She teased lightly as she worked.

Zane growled annoyed as they made him sit down, and drayke damn near poured the drink down his throat,"I don't know. ALix's in with kate.Something's wrong."zane muttering his words already starting to slur, not realizing that jax and drayke had switched out his weak american alcohol for dimitri's gift for waiting for the baby gift of alcohol.The russian vodka was numbing him to his worry, which was probably a good thing considering how much he was probably going to freak out if he'd been sober

"Oh! OWWW," Kate cried, spreading her legs and giving them a slight bend. When Alix came back, she sighed with relief, already feeling the pain medicine kick in. It felt so much better once the damn medicine kicked in... Kate shook her head as she looked up at her friend. "He needs to know, but he doesn't need to be in here. Just tell him. Please. But make him stay in there. I don't want him passing out or something..." With that, she went back to her heavy breathing, trying to calm herself down.

Kyle suddenly looked worried, but he trusted Alix with his sister. "Well, I'm sure Alix has it handled or she would let us know.. Got enough of that to go around?" he murmured, nodding to the Russian vodka as he sat down among the other men. Jax smiled and moved over to pour Kyle a glass. "Kyle's right. Nothing's wrong. You are just having a problem admitting to yourself that Kate is in labor and that baby is going to be here soon."

"I do not.I'm perfectly fine with the baby being almost here."Zane muttered smiling as they all enjoyed dimitri's gift before looking up at alix when she came in with a anxious look.

Alix sighed a little before nodding."I'll be right back."She muttered checking kate over again before walking out, moving to the other room, raising a eyebrow as she looked at all the men"Well.Maybe I shouldn't be shattering Zane's dillusions then."She muttered before moving over to the man, looking down at him with a smile. "Zane, she's in labor, but I have orders to make sure you keep him in here. Zane wont help anything." "But-I need..."Zane stumbled to his feet, already moving towards the door. Unsteady on his feet, but dammit he needed to be with kate. "Oh no, you don't. Sit."Drayke ordered grabbing his friend's arm, shoving him back into a chair, looking at alix."Go. Kate needs you, we'll take care of him."the ex cop muttered smiling as the doctor returned to kate's side.

Jax sat on the other side of his brother, making sure he didn't make a move for the room. Even as they started to hear Kate's screaming for the next two hours... But after one really long, painful scream, they could here the cry of a new born. Jax looked over at Zane, tears nearly misting his own eyes at the overwhelming emotions. "Sounds like your a father now," he murmured, smirking at his brother, then leaning over to give him a huge.

Kate let out a sob of relief, leaning back against the pillows tiredly. "What is it?" she asked Alix, holding her arms out for the baby as her friend worked on cleaning and checking him out. She had a huge smiled on her face, so happy that her baby was here... She was just so... so happy, yet so scared at the same time.

Zane's eyes were just as wet, a tear trailing down his cheek. The alcohol might have numbed his emotions,but he was feeling to much to be passive. Swallowing as he staggered to his feet, he nodded."yea...I guess I am..."He muttered before smiling at the others before moving into the other room, looking hesitantly towards alix as she cleaned up the baby, before moving to sit down next to kate."How are you?"He muttered looking at her anxiously.

Alix smiled relieved as she realized the baby was just fine, cleaning him up and wrapping him in one of zane's blankets, she tucked the small babe in the crook of her arm before moving over to the new parents."You two are the happy parents of a little boy." "A boy?Really?"Zane said paling a little because while he was happy about the child either way, he had been sorta hoping for a girl. Lindstrom men had no past of messing up with daughters, he was scared of having a son. A son that he was worried about treating as badly as his father had treated him despite knowing that he was going to try so hard to not to

Kate smiled, looking tired and worn out. She snuggled against him as much as her sore body would allow, taking their son from Alix and cradling him. She started to cry, looking down at the beautiful baby boy. "Thank you so much, Alix," she whispered, pressing a kiss to the baby's head. There was no denying he was their child, for his features looked identical to Zane's, and his eyes were just as blue as his both of their eyes... However, there was something that made Kate giggle. "My God, he got your brother's hair," she murmured, looking up at Zane with amusement. Sure enough, the baby had a shock of black hair on top of his cute little head. Reaching up, she smoothed the baby's hair down with gentle fingers. "Oh, he's so... Zane, he's perfect..." With that, she sat up and handed the baby to Zane, letting him hold his son for the very first time.

Zane looked a little in awe of the baby as he looed the child over, before pouting. "Well, maybe it'll lighten with age. No need to scar him for life by letting him look like his uncle."He pouted before looking up in amusement as alix nodded."You're welcome."Alix smiled as she left the room, looking amused as she moved into the other room, giving jax a amused look."You have a nephew. Who looks like you."She teased raising a eyebrow."Should we be worrying about you sleeping with kate?"She teased because she knew it was so far from the truth it was funny.

Zane looked amazed as he took the child, the babe cradled in his arms looked so small and fragile in his arms "He is."he whispered, shifting, raising a hand to gently touch the babe's cheek, blushing as he looked at kate."What do you want to name him love?"

Kate giggled a bit and rested her head on his shoulder. "Oh, he looks just like you, but with dark hair... It gives him character, and it shows exactly how little that Alexander has to do with him," she murmured, taking note in how the child's dark hair was almost a symbol for the change in the Lindstroms. She reached over and let the baby grab her finger, grinning at him. "I... I'm not sure... Honestly, the whole time I was pregnant, I thought it was a girl," she admitted, giving a shrug. "One thing is for sure, he loves his daddy. Look at how he looks at you Zane. Like your his whole world."

"What about Wyatt?" she asked, looking up at him.

Zane smile a little, "Hmm maybe.Maybe jax likes my girlfriend as much as I do."He said seriously, though the wicked glint in his eyes said he was teasing. Leaning over he kissed her gently, amused as he looked at baby staring up at him."Well, it's about time I'm someone's whole world."He muttered even though he his stomach was in knots at the idea. Poor man. He was so very afraid of failing, that he didn't realize just how good he was already being. Smiling he nodded."I like it. Wyatt Peyton."He muttered before standing, leaning over to kiss her. "Now me and wyatt are ging to go meet his uncles while you rest."He muttered before walking out, eager to share the discovery of his son with the rest of the family. And most espicially his mother who hadn't stopped baby shopping since she'd found out she was going to be a grandmother.

Kate nodded, looking so happy to see Zane already in love with his son. With that, the worn out new mother leaned back in the bed and fell asleep. Wyatt looked around the room with wonder, his deep blue eyes taking in all of the others. He was already such a happy baby, so content in Zane's arms.... Jax looked up at Zane, standing up and grinning wildly. "My God, how the hell did you have such a cute kid?" he teased, leaning to over to look at the new member of the family. It was true, Wyatt resembled Jax, but he looked identical to his father. Even the way Wyatt analyzed the room looked like the same serious expression Zane often gave. "So what's the little guy's name?"

Kyle smiled, looking thrilled to see his new nephew. However, he was also relieved to see how Zane was responding to him. For the first time, Kyle trusted Zane to be a good person... "Congrats," he murmured, smirking a bit. He looked over at Alix, leaning over to kiss her cheek. "Thanks for taking care of my sister."

Zane looked amused, as he gave them all the identical look that wyatt was giving the world. there was no doubt that father and son were going to be inseperable no matter what. Shifting the child in his arms be frowned,"Well, I'm pretty beautiful myself."He said smirking a little before growling at drayke as the man tried to take wyatt. "Hey!don't growl at me. He's my godson. I should get to hold him.You don't get him all the time."Drayke pouted having tried to take the kid just to see what zane would do, amused that the father and son were so very happy together.

"Thanks."Zane said smiling at kyle, looking slightly relieved as he realized that kyle had really accepted that he was okay, that he was trying hard to be good. Alix smiled looking up at her lover, leaning against him."Your welcome.Now we better go get emily or lily, otherwise they'll pout for years about not being told right away about wyatt."She said snickering a little as she heded for the door to go et the two women.

Kyle smiled and nodded. "Yea, good idea," he murmured, then looked back over at his (what he assumed was his soon to be brother in law) and nephew. "How's Kate?"

Jax laughed a bit at Drayke and Zane, shaking his head. He put his hand on his lover's back. "Oh, love, you know he's not going to let anyone touch that kid. Not until he's atleast a year old." He smirked. "Well, I think it's time I gave you to baby gift I've had for a while." Walking out of the room for a few moments, he came back with a little t-shirt for Wyatt that said, "You think I'm adorable? You should meet my Uncle." He grinned and gave it to Zane, then nodded to the bedroom with the sleeping woman inside. "How is Kate? Are both of them healthy?"

Wyatt started to fuss a bit, probably hungry for the first time. His chin quivered in the most adorable way...

"Kate's fine.Tired."Zane said in a absent way as he stared down at the baby in his arms, so fasicnated with his son, that he wasn't really paying attention."Present?You got me a present?"Zane looked up at tht before frowning pouting. "Heyyy. Shouldn't it say dad?" "Oh no, if I don't get to hold the kid you don't get to be adorable. only jax is adorable. We're sexy."Drayke said wisely teasing his lover, lookng so amused.

Zane swallowed hard as wyatt started fussing, looking worried."What's wrong?"He muttered looking worried, nearly jumping out of his skin when alix snickered as she walked in with emily and lily. "He's probably hungry.Give him here, and I'll go help kate feed him." Zane frowned at the doctor cuddling his son."No.I can do that."He said sulking at the idea of giving him up, heading for the bedroom.

Jax laughed at his brother and turned to Drayke. "Oh, God," he murmured, "That kid is going to have my brother at his beck and call 24/7."

When Zane walked in, Kate grinned tiredly and reached out for the fussy baby boy. "Awe, give him to me," she murmured, "I'll feed him. You can sit with us." Leaning up, she took the baby and gave Zane a kiss. "So... I was thinking," she murmured, unbuttoning her shirt and guiding Wyatt toward her breast like Alix instructed. "I know you said Wyatt Peyton... But from pictures I've seen of your sister, she had dark hair just like Wyatt, and it got me wondering if you might want to honor her and make Wyatt's middle name Soren?" With that, she looked up at him, cradling the feeding infant.

Drayke snickered at that, nodding."well,considering zane's not going to let him leave his sight, i dont know how much becking and calling there's going to be, but it is going to be amusing."he said starting a little as his cell phone went off, moving away as he answered it, a bemused look on his face as he talked quietly before hanging up, staring down at thr phone in his hand like he wasnt sure what to think about it.

Zane smiled as he kissed her back,settling on the bed next to her, and watching their son feed with the sort of fascination that boys usually reserved for bugs and such things. It was...just so out of his realm for normal, that the former mobster was fascinated eith the feeding of his son. Before blushing a little, startled that she had asked, giving a hesitant smile before nodding almost shyly about it, because it hurt his heart to think about sorsen."I would like that...yes, i think she would approve."

Jax looked at his lover with concern, tilting his head to the side. "Who was that?" he asked, taking on a protective tone. "Is everything okay, love?"

Kate reached down and stroked Wyatt's hair as he fed, smiling at Zane's answer. "Great," she murmured, "I think it's very fitting for the little guy..." She talked with such softness in her voice; it was obvious that she was very much in love with her child. When Wyatt was finished, Kate cradled him until he fell fast asleep... He looked even more adorable while he slept.

Lily walked in with tears in her eyes. She moved over and kissed her eldest son on the head, so very proud of him, then looked at Kate. "Oh can I hold him? It's been so long since I've held a baby..." Kate grinned and handed Wyatt to Lily. The older woman cradled the child, so happy she was crying. "Oh, he's perfect. Looks so much like the three of you when you were babies. Each of you had the same calm, serious demeanor... Zane didn't cry much, but we thought he'd never start talking... He was a quiet little boy in the beginning." She laughed softly at that, bending down to kiss Wyatt's head.

Drayke frowned a little turning his head to look at Jax, a amused look flickering through his eyes at the protective tone before sighing."I...I don't think so."He said sounding for once unsure."That was kate's dad...even though I don't wory for him anymore, he asked if I'd come in tomorrow with Zane for a court case."he said frowning thoughtfully, because something about this rubbed him the wrong way.

Zane smile nodding."I think so to."He muttered looking amused as he looked down at his sleeping son before giving his mother a look, pouting a little that he hadn't been able to claim his son right away again.Sulking a little he grinned though at the sight of his mother's tears, cuddling kate before he pouted."Me?Quiet?I don't think it's possible."He snorted laughing because everyone knew that was a lie. Despite making a very good living as a lawyer, given the choice the man didn't talk unless he had something good to say, or if it was required from him.A serious and quiet man that quiet little boy had grown into.

Jax's eyebrows shot up. "A court case? He hasn't called in months... I thought he was getting everything covered up since Zane came through with Alexander's death." He moved over to the bar, pouring himself another glass of vodka on ice. He took a sip of it and shook his head. "I... I'm not sure I like the sound of that." He frowned a little, looking at his lover with concern.

Kate laughed and snuggle into Zane's side, watching his mother with Wyatt. Lily narrowed her eyes at Zane. "You think I could forget?" she murmured, raising her eyebrows. "Thankfully, your first word was "momma" and not some of the nasty words your father would say in front of you..." Her face paled at that, and she handed Wyatt to Zane. Leaning over, she kissed Kate's forehead. "You did good, Sweetheart. Haven't seen such a cute baby since my children were born." With that, she winked and moved to walk out. "You two get some rest and let me know if you need anything, okay?"

"I know.That's what worries me."Drayke said looking concerned as he joined his lover at the bar, sitting on the barstool as he sipped a glass of vodka, looking thoughtful. "Zane said everything had been taken care of...seems Kate's dad is about to make trouble for him."He muttered because he knew that zane was still involved in some bad stuff, only because if he just dropped everything, it would give rise to a lord like alexander. At least if he divided things up slowly, it would be less likely. Not that he was sure the cops would understand that.

Zane nodded smirking,"oh, don't worry. I learned those words later."he reassured his mother with impish smile before getting up to lay wyatt down in his crib before nodding."We will."He said looking slightly concerned about his mother even as he laid back down in bed with his lover, snuggling the woman as he started to fall asleep. Emotionally exhausted from the worry and stress of becoming a father, he figured he deserved a nap.

Back
Top Bottom