Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Jugger x Candira

"My name is Darian. Don't worry about it. I was just glad to help you out in your time of need miss." He said smiling as he continued to prepare the dinner. "Oh, and if you find a bag of grain somewhere...could you bring it to me? I seem to have misplaced it in all the commotion before the ship set sail. Otherwise we can't make any bread whatsoever. It may not sound like much, but bread is always nice to have for any kind of meal." He said smiling to her. "Besides...can't make sandwiches for late night snacks for me either without it haha."

She smiled and nodded. "Of course. Thank you Darian. I appreciate your help." She held up a finger and chanted a little something before she reached into her sleeve and pulled out a loaf of bread. "I almost forgot I had that. Now save it for your sandwiches." She gave him a little wink and handed it off before she took her leave of the kitchen, deciding that she would look for his bag of grain once all this business between her and Nathan was finished.

Now all that was left was to find the man in question. She came up into the sunlight and began to look around for him amidst the sailors on deck.

Darian chuckled as he took the bread from her. "Thank you miss." He said before he watched her leave the kitchen. He smiled and began to put the finishing touches onto the food.

Nathan was gone from where he was last, back in the captain's chambers and just sitting on the bed. He grumbled as he was still annoyed by was Sapphire said, but didn't show how truly annoyed he was. It was just his face with his angry look.

Sapphire asked around about Nathan, though each time she asked she was told she should hide from him. She rolled her eye and started to go in the direction most sailors urged her not to go, and that led her to the captain's quarters. Without bothering to knock, Sapphire entered the room. Actually, she was a little surprised to find him there. That was something she shook off quickly. Closing the door behind her she looked at him and crossed her arms. "I want to know a few things. At the very least, you owe me some answers."

Hearing the door open, Nathan turned over and looked to see who it was and it somewhat surprised him that Sapphire was there, though his face did not show it in any way. When he heard her demands, he began to laugh at her like she was an idiot before hopping off the bed and walking over to her. He eyed her with a smirk before shrugging. "Fine. You ask, and I'll answer. I think you DO deserve that much at least for having done all of that for nothing." He said stingingly.

"That's it." She punched him right in the jaw at that remark and pinned him to the wall using a spell. "I'm so fucking tired of you walking around like the biggest douche in the world. I saved you because your life means something to me. Even now, when I wish I could kill you, I don't have the heart to do it. So don't you dare look down at me, you piece of shit."

Harsh, yes. But did she feel better? A little. She crossed her arms and looked at him. "Why are you leaving Yokai and Florensia?" She'd wanted to ask why he'd left her, but she'd get around to it. This way was easier for now. "And why are you so intent on having me think you're not doing this to hurt me? Why should it matter?"

Feeling the punch to the jaw, he wasn't going to retaliate but she pinned him against the wall and it made him angry, but he didn't uproar at her. When she asked her first question, he only laughed a little. "Thats one question of three I'll answer truthfully to you." He said before he turned his head to look at her. "I'm leaving because I want to find some old friends of mine, to find out who I really am. Your bitch queen ruined my memories and I don't know whats false and whats true. You wouldn't understand. Your brain isn't messed up like mine."

Okay, she could deal with that. He was going to this place to find someone to confirm his memories. All right. That was sort of a waste of questions however. She took a deep breath and asked something stupid...something she wasn't really ready to hear. "Did you ever love me?"

"Of course I did!" He blurted out. He didn't say anything else. His mood just went from sickly enjoying the torment he was causing her to annoyed by the whole situation now with that question. He looked away from her, his brows furrowed as he seemed annoyed. He was ready for the last question so she'd be done with him.

So it wasn't all a lie...there was something more, it seemed, that he wanted to say, but he wouldn't let himself. Frowning, Sapphire looked at him and wondered what she should ask for her last question. Well, the last question he would answer without her getting rough with him. It had to be phrased carefully...What would she ask?

"When did you stop?" she asked, watching him, tears threatening to gather again. She was getting tired of all this crying. "Or better, why did you?" She waited for his answer, not daring to let him move until he answered her. He wouldn't get away from her this time.

Nathan remained silent before he looked at her. His gaze was still hardened but his glare wasn't as angry as it was before...his eyes actually showed sincerity, though his voice still sounded the same. "What do you mean 'why' or 'when'? There was never a 'when' I stopped. Now thats all I'll answer you. Now let me go unless you've got something else planned for me. I could really use my rocks gettin off." He taunted, though he still didn't show what he showed before as he said it. It was all just empty taunts.

Wait...what? Did that mean he still loved her? She stared at him and came closer, not sure what to say at this point. "If you still love me, then you're the biggest idiot I've ever met." She paused and let her face soften a little. "Because it didn't have to end." She forced him to look at her now and then kissed him, wanting to know what it really felt like. She wanted to know if she still felt the same way when she kissed him as he was now. A bastard...but one that she still loved.

After a moment, she pulled away and looked into his eyes. "I guess I can't ask you anymore questions...but think about something, won't you? Does it have to be so different now? Do you really want me to say good bye forever?" And with that, she took the spell off of him and started toward the door again. "Oh, and lay off the crew. Or I'll make your life extremely unpleasant."

When she forced his head to look at her, his eyes widened as she placed his lips against hers. He allowed her to kiss him until she pulled away, and he didn't say anything to her. When he was freed from the spell, he got up and walked over to her, grabbing her arm so he could say one last thing to her. "I only ended it because the life I live isn't something for us to have. You're not an assassin, Sapphire. The crowds I get stuck in aren't the best, and I didn't want you to get involved with anything that would possibly harm you. I only left you so that you wouldn't follow me and the rest of the troubles I might have with me, but it seems fate is a cruel game to play."

She looked at him now, not really hiding the tears on her face. "Why on earth couldn't you just talk to me about it?" Sapphire turned to face him now and looked into his eyes. "Even after all the horrible things you did to me, I still love you..." She smiled softly and pulled him close to her, wanting to be close to him. "You know, you don't have to stay on the same path. You're free to do whatever you want. But you don't have to worry about me. I can take care of myself."

"I didn't tell you because I knew you would say that and tag along anyway." He said after she said that last sentence. He pulled her close into a hug and bit his lip. "Though I truly am a bastard at heart...I didn't want to hurt you with what I'm used to doing. I'm used to hanging out with whores in whore houses and gambling, murder, a lot of stuff I didn't want to bring you into. True I can start anew...but I'm not sure if I'll be able to just change like that instantly unless my memory's changed, and thats kind of the whole point I'm on this trip."

She sighed and stayed in his arms, just taking in what he said. He was trying to protect her...but what good was that when she hadn't understood why. "You could have just told me...It would have made all this a lot easier on the both of us." She looked up at him. "I understand why you did it now. That makes it easier to put up with you being a bastard in a lot of ways." She kissed him softly. "The whores thing we'll have to talk about at some point, but do you like murdering people? Or is it just something you're good at?"

"A little of both." He admitted. "I love to kill people who deserve it, and I'm always good at my job...you've seen first hand at that. Though there's this part of me deep down that just wants to...kill everything around him...Thats another reason why I'm trying to figure out who I am. I might be an actual psychotic killer, and the Nathan you fell in love with is mixed in with that personality to have who you're talking to right now...but I don't know..."

"Hmmm...I'm not sure how I feel about a psychotic killer loving me..." she said it softly, thoughtfully, but it was kind of a joke, even to herself. "I know that it's probably stupid for me to follow you around...but it's not just something I can turn on and off whenever I want. Can't you give me a chance? Can't I get to know you better? Whatever happens can happen. And if you really want me to leave, I'll go away. But please, don't chase me off because you're afraid."

She looked up at him and kissed him again, not wanting to leave until she really had to.

Hearing her, Nathan's face softened as he looked down, his eyes showing depression before he felt her lips press against his again. He reached up and caressed both of her cheeks as he began to kiss her back lovingly, harder than before as he wanted to show his love for her. Eventually he pulled away and nodded to her. "Alright...I'll give you a chance to try and fall for this bastardly me...but if it should come to it, I need you to just...do something to stop me from going back to a psychopath, if that was what I truly was before."

She could feel how much he really cared about her in the kiss. How much he wanted to show her his love. When the kiss finally ended, she looked into his eyes and nodded as he told her to do something for him. She had a feeling she wasn't going to like it. But she knew she owed it to him. She would do whatever he asked. "I will."

He smiled and stepped away from her. "Though...don't get used to me being like this forever...Alright? Now if you'll excuse me...I'm going to get to bed." He said before walking over to it, laying down. He seemed seriously tired. "You're welcomed to sleep with me tonight...though if you're looking for anything more than that...its going to have to wait unless you've got some rejuvination spell or something."

She laughed and came to his side, sitting down so she could kiss him softly. "I'll let you sleep alone tonight. I can't trust you to keep your hands to yourself." She made a little face at him and then got up and walked toward the door. "I meant it about the crew. Be nice to them." That said, she left the room and started looking around for that bag of grain Darian was missing.

Nathan looked at her with a frown. "Yeah yeah whatever. Though if they mess with me, one of them's going to lose an arm and maybe even a leg." He said before turning over, closing his eyes to try and rest for the night. He managed to clear things up with Sapphire, though he still wasn't entirely sure if he should still go along with them being together, because of who he might be.

Sapphire smiled as she found the bag of grain stashed away amongst the cargo. How it had gotten there was beyond her, but she had it now, so there was no point in delaying anything. She headed down to the kitchen to find out that she was just in time for dinner. First, however, she stopped and dropped off the bag she'd found. "Here you are. I think this belongs to you." She smiled at him--a real one this time and then told him. "I told him to be nice to you all. Just don't get in his face and he'll be fine."

That said, she took a plate of food for herself and sat down with some of the sailors to eat.

Darian laughed as he got the bag of grain from her and nodded when she said that he'd lay off the sailors for a bit as long as they left him alone. He cheered and said the next round of ale would be free and that she could eat all she wanted. "Go on! Don't be shy, eat up whatever you want! I mean...after all, you DID help me with it after all." He said laughing as he pat her head. "Though, be sure to save some for your friend. He might be a bastard...but I'm not likely to let someone starve."

Back
Top Bottom