Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Jugger x Candira

Actually he had already raped Sapphire, and what the sailor said pretty much confirmed her suspicions. She looked up at the sailor and tried to look innocent. She was actually pulling it off, despite her risque attire. "Actually, I sort of snuck onto the ship, but I was going to offer to pay when you all found me. I was desperate to leave, you see, because someone..." she paused and looked sad here. "Someone broke my heart. And I guess I fell asleep while all of that was happening. If I'd been awake I might have been able to help..." she frowned and looked up at the man. "Would you help me up? Maybe I can hide somewhere before he does..."

Actually hiding from him was the last thing she wanted to do, but if a sailor was warning her about Nathan, she might as well hide. After all, she'd come to forget about him, hadn't she? She could only hope that Nathan didn't choose this moment to come out from wherever he was hiding.

The sailor looked to her and nodded. "No charge...this ship's gone to hell because of that man." He helped her up and began to bring her to the cabins. "Just hide in here. He shouldn't go rummaging through our things unless he's desperate for money...which is scarce for us." He shrugged as he showed her to her cabin and left. He had to get back to work...or fear that Nathan would come and kill him.

Nathan already knew she was here. If he'd wanted to kill her he could have done it by now. God knew she didn't have much strength at the moment. But he didn't seem to want to kill her. And if she was to consider the possibility that he may have already raped her--whether or not he knew it was her--then it was safe to assume that he thought killing her would be a waste. He could easily find her if he wanted her. But for once, she hoped he would stay away.

She accepted the sailor's help and thanked him as he showed her in and then left. It must have been his cabin. Awfully nice of him to share. She was sure that it didn't hurt that she was wearing such a revealing outfit...or that she had such a curvy body to fill it out with. Still, he had been concerned and kind and courteous, and she hadn't seen him staring, so she meant it when she said thank you.

Then she was by herself again. She wondered why Nathan was here...and what he must think of her.

Nathan was still sitting alone under the stairs to the captain's cabin. He played out the events in his head and he grew tired as time went on, but moreover because he was bored. He figured Sapphire was gone now...so he left the spot where he had hidden and began to roam the outside of the ship to see if she was there. Nope. He was in the clear for now. "Dammit I need to ditch her as soon as we get to some land...I want to stay away from her..." He murmured to himself as he leaned against the railing of the ship, looking over to watch the water go by. Though where he was at, he could easily be seen through a porthole in the cabin that Sapphire was now 'hiding' in. He didn't know she was there, or that she could even see him.

It was kind of difficult to miss Nathan, though. He was standing outside of the window she was staring at carefully, she made her way to the port hole and used a small spell to listen in to what he might be doing or saying. She heard "Stay away from her." and wondered if he was talking to someone. Cautiously, she peeked out the window and saw that he was alone. She ducked down again so that just her eyes were above the rim and continued to listen. She wanted so badly to talk to him, and another part of her wanted to just kill him and get over him.

"I wonder if I'll be able to meet my old friends who went off to this 'new land' that everyone said was out there..." He murmured as he pulled out a locket of a guy and a girl. "Damn...I can hardly remember even who their names are because of that bitch queen..." He said as he put the locket back into his shirt. "I may be running away from a war with two countries I was born in, but in reality...I can't fool myself. I'm going to see who I really am...I don't have my memories anymore, or at least bits of them because of my personality being mixed." He looked up to the moon and sighed. "I hope I will find peace amongst something that'll soothe my greed and lust."

She frowned. It wasn't particularly enlightening about her situation with Nathan, but it helped her to understand that he was going through his own challenges. He wasn't sure of who he was anymore, but his old and newer personalities were starting to meld...was that the reason he didn't want to be around her anymore? Or was it truly because he didn't love her? Whatever the case, it looked like he was just trying to find some peace, and she couldn't fault him for that. After all, it had been her goal as well at the start of this journey. Maybe it was really best if she left him alone...for the both of them. She leaned against the wall, still listening, but thinking that maybe she should just forget it...

The next morning, Nathan was up and about early. They were still a long way away from any land whatsoever, aside from maybe one or two islands that weren't inhabitable or even remotely large enough to have a tribe on. He was leaning against the rails again, not in the same spot as before, but leaning against the rails. He was still sore about what he had to do to Sapphire. Having to just ditch her when she saw him for the first time. Though...He had chills go down his back about the fact that she might eventually find out he raped her in her sleep. He was only scared of one person...Sapphire when she was angry. She was the only person that could stop him before, and she didn't kill him. If she tried to...well...he knew he'd die, or at least be brutally injured.

Sapphire resolved to come up on the deck. She'd told the sailor that hiding wouldn't solve anything, and that she would be careful. She wore a green dress, similar to the black and white one she used to wear for the queen's service. This one was plant themed, rather than stars and moons. She wore no hat, letting her red hair sway in the lovely ocean breeze. She'd come on deck to get some sun and see if she could get away from Nathan.

No such luck. There was no land around in any direction that she could see. With a sigh, the sorceress continued to walk around the ship. Just as she rounded a corner, she caught sight of a familiar figure. She froze, unsure of what to do. Her heart sped up as she looked at him, and waves of confusion and hurt washed over her. But she refused to run away like him. No, she was better than that. So, she cleared her mind and continued walking on her path, slowly and calmly.

When she came close, she looked at him to acknowledge his existence. She fought the urge to talk to him, seeing as he probably wouldn't listen anyway. No, the best thing was to just deal with what happened now.

Seeing her look at him, he remained silent for a bit before he turned to look at her. He remained silent as his eyes watched her...they seemed so different than the person she had fallen in love with. Finally he spoke to her just before she could get out of earshot. "Why did you get on this boat?" He said as he walked over to her. If they were there, they might as well speak to each other rather than avoid one another. "Why did you get on this boat? I was trying to run away from the war that would probably be coming to Florensia and Yokai. Didn't want to be around something I started. Whats your story?"

She was surprised that he initiated anything with her after the way he'd run off yesterday. Like a spooked toddler. She was a little outraged that he seemed angry with her for being here. It was as though he were accusing her for stealing his idea! What a childish notion. Her eyes pierced through him as she spoke. "Well, after someone left me with no more than a few sentences after I spent so much time and effort trying to save and come back to him," she said, twisting the dagger in that much more, "I decided that staying in Yokai was foolish, and it was time for a change. So I got on this boat, since it was leaving. Had I known you would have been coming, I might have caught the next boat out. Part of the reason I left was to forget you."

Why lie, at this point? She hated him for what he'd done to her...but she still loved him.

"I see you're taking my advice well, but the way you're doing it is just painfully horrible." He taunted as he watched her. "You don't have to worry though...We've only got to see each other for another three days before we probably reach the new land. Then we can separate and never see each other again." He turned away from her. Remaining silent, his eyes showing he wanted to say more but his face showed he was restraining himself. Eventually, he just got up and grumbled as he walked over to her. "Look. I just want you to know one thing...I'm doing this for me. Not because I want to hurt you."

How dare he throw it back in her face like that! As if it was her fault that he was selfish! She hadn't been the one to accept the job for him in the first place, and in fact, if anyone had a right to be mad, it was her! She barely kept her temper in check, just staring at him in disbelief that he could even possess the gall to talk to her like it was her fault he'd commandeered a ship. She shook her head and started to talk away when he walked back to her. What he told her sent her over the edge.

"Oh really? And what makes you think that I would even consider that you'd think of me at all? If what happened in the captain's room was any indication, then I should have no worries at all about you thinking of yourself, instead of me." She practically growled at him. "You're selfish and self-centered, and if it had been anyone else they would be dead, so don't push me with your little jokes, and don't even talk to me about following your advice. And just quit acting like nothing ever happened. To Hell with you, Stone."

She glared at him and tried to stay mad--tried with all her might as she turned and stormed off, but she was fighting off tears, and she was certainly feeling guilty. It hadn't all been his fault. She knew that. And she probably wasn't making it easy for him by being here, but a large part of her misery was because of him just leaving her, pretending like she wasn't worth his time.

Hearing her, he remained silent as he just stared at her, listening with a glare in his eyes that seemed permanent as he watched her. When she walked off, he shook his head. "So she found out about that then. Pfft...yeah. I'm the one thats selfish." He agreed, sitting down and leaning against the railing. "But wouldn't you do what you could to figure out just who the hell you really are?" He said, as if she were still there. "I'm trying to see who I am because your queen ruined my memories with her spell. I only know two people who can help me remember. I don't want to start anew without knowing who I was before." He simply closed his eyes and leaned his head back as he took a deep breath and tried to relax.

Sapphire hadn't gone far. She was just around the corner of a room and she was crying again. She was hiding, like she promised she wouldn't do. If it had been anyone else, she would have encouraged them to let it all out and just feel better. But no, she refused to show a sign of weakness around him. Not after her little display. Especially since it didn't seem to affect him at all. He only seemed mad. The redhead sunk down to her knees against the wall she was hiding behind and tried to calm down, her crying and sobbing just a faint sound. It was enough to gain the attention of a cook who was currently off duty. He looked around until he found the source of the sound.

Lo and behold, there was a beautiful girl on the ship. And she was crying. He paused to take in the scene, surprised and worried at the same time, but after a moment, he came to and put on a kind face. He was actually quite an attractive man. He cleared his throat and walked toward her slowly. "Miss? Are you all right?" She was beautiful, but she was so sad. If only she would smile...maybe then she'd light up this boat. Where was that bastard who'd taken over the ship? Was this his fault?

Sapphire looked up at the man and immediately tried to get herself together. She took several deep breaths and sniffled a bit before straightening up. "I'm fine," she said softly, trying to put on a smile. It didn't really come across the way she'd intended. The man only frowned and offered his hand. "Sure. You just had something with onions, huh?" He smiled again and she took his hand. "Tell you what, we have lots of onions on the ship. Why don't you help me in the kitchen? You can cut as many onions as you want, and no one will think anything of the tears."

She thought about it for a moment and stood up. "I don't think I'd be much use," she said, brushing some tears from her face. "But I'll keep it in mind."

((You can use him as a plot device if you want, or an extra character. Whatever floats your boat.))

The chef smiled and shook his head. "Nonsense! I could always use an extra hand in the kitchen, even if its just a small help with cutting onions. No one will think anything of your tears if you help me in it. Now come on, no sense talking out here where tears are easily seen as depression." He smiled and took her hand and brought her to the kitchen, handing her a cutting knife and a small bag of onions. "Cut as many as you'd like. I use onions for my stews and dishes so you're really going to help me." He said chuckling as he began to prepare the first feast of a small roast chicken with other side dishes that would serve the whole crew. "So...What happened, if you don't mind me asking."

She didn't really care for cutting onions, but she knew a little trick to keep her from tearing up. It involved enchanting the knife so that the edge was very cold and it froze the onion juices...but the whole point of being in here was so that she could cry freely. He had been nice about it the whole time, so there was no point in saying "no."

She wiped at her eyes and sniffled again, smiling a little. At least the work would take her mind off of him...or so she'd thought. He wanted to know the story behind it all. No, he just wanted to know why she was crying. She looked at the Chef before she started to peel off the first layers of an onion. "Well...do you want the long story, or the short one?" she asked, now cutting off the ends of the onion. "Do you want these chopped finely, coarsely or minced?" she asked, looking over to the nice guy who'd been kind enough to realize she needed an excuse to cry.

"Hm...surprise me. The sailors here really don't care how I prepare food as long as its hot and appetizing." He said as he began to drop some vegetables into a pot of hot water without any sauces whatsoever. Just vegetables in hot, boiling water. "I want the version that'll be the most comfortable for you to tell me. Though you don't have to tell me. I was just curious, its your personal matter." He said, smiling to her as he continued to cook, adding spices into the pot of water now to add more flavor to the vegetables.

Meanwhile, Nathan was still sitting where he was...thinking about how this would turn out for them. What they had was long over because of the queen's spell wearing off, and he still loved her...He just knew she couldn't fall for the bastard he had become. "I'm sorry..." He mumbled as if she was there.

Sapphire let some of her hair cover her face and nodded. "Well, I guess I'll tell you a little of both..." She cut up the onion like a prow, slicing and dicing, making the pieces big enough to be noticed but small enough to eat in one bite. "This might sound a little cliche, but I was crying because I loved someone so much I was willing to risk my life for them...and I thought they felt the same...at least for a little while. But after all I went through for him...he's only thinking of himself. He's a real idiot. Something about him changed when I was gone for a short time...and that was the end."

She pushed her onion to the side and pulled out another one from a pile and started on that, tears in her eyes again. "And now, I find out he's on this ship, and it just seems like no matter how much I want to get away from him or try to get over him, he's everywhere. And he's driving me crazy." She sniffled a bit and let the power of the onion induce more tears.

"Wait...you don't mean its THAT guy...?" He said as he meant the guy who had taken over the ship. "How could you have fallen for an ass like that? Ah well...its not my place to judge." He patted her head. "The point is...you fell in love with him and he just stomped all over you. You need to take charge...You know? Put him in his place. He knows you. If he truly felt for you, he wouldn't attack you if you stood up to him. You could bad mouth him and give him all the guilt you want...He could eventually just crash down and become as sorrowful as you. I'm not saying revenge is an option, but somebody needs to put that hothead into his place. He killed the captain and stole our ship, making us slaves pretty much until we hit the new land."

So he'd figured it out? Well not that it took much figuring. But she could have been talking about one of the sailors...but why lie? She sighed and listened to him tell her what her inner voice had been trying to tell her. She looked at him for a moment and shook her head. "When I met him...his memories had been altered, and that affected his personality. He wasn't the guy you know now. But it's really no excuse..." She frowned and listened to his story. "I'm so sorry. I was on the ship, but I was sleeping, so I didn't hear a thing...If I'd been awake I might have been able to help..." She shook her head and set the knife down. "I'm sorry for what happened. I'm sure none of you deserved this, least of all the captain. But on the bright side, he is going to let you go...and if he doesn't, you've got me on your side."

She smiled a little, genuinely. "I'm not afraid of him at all. But it's hard to go through so much and face that kind of rejection. To know that I don't mean anything to him. I don't think trying to put guilt on him will do much. I tried to just now, and he just looked at me like I was the one who started all of this." She shook her head and sliced emphatically into an onion. "But if he thinks he can push me around, he's got another thing coming."

The chef rose his eyebrow as he looked at her. "And why is that?" He said as he wondered exactly why she would even have the capability to even touch the man who so skillfully killed their captain. "You some kind of fighter yourself? I don't judge people by their looks, but you don't even have any clothing to make you look like some kind of fighter or something...you look like one of them witcher people...I kinda didn't bring up that conclusion on the 'count we docked from Yokai, rather than Florensia." He chuckled. "Well...if you're one of them witchers...you probably would be the only person to stop him before he'd even get close to killing another person. But its your life, you choose what you do..." He took the onion pieces she had made and dropped them all into the stew.

"You guessed right. I'm a witch. And if that bastard tries anything more, tell me and I'll make sure he pays for it." She took a deep breath. "At least that's the plan." She chuckled and set the knife down. "Do you need more onions? I'll stay if you need me."

She thought about what he said. She needed to be strong. It wasn't just her that Nathan was causing problems for now. And if he was going to gallivant around and start killing people, she would have to stop him. It seemed as though Sapphire might need to pay him another visit. Only this time, she'd let her anger guide her, and leave her sadness with the onions. She'd get through it.

The chef looked to her and smiled. "You can stay or go...though you're always welcomed in my kitchen if you need someone you need advice from or just someone to talk to." He chuckled as he began to heat up the stew and begin to batter the chicken after it was cooked. "The food should be done by nightfall. The sailors will go around telling when Dinner's done so you won't miss it." He said chuckling. "Go on, if you want. You look like you have something you need to do."

"Thank you. In all this mess, I forgot to ask your name. Would you tell me?" she asked, leaving the knife and the onions to come closer to his work station. Sapphire was so glad she'd run into someone like him. He was kind to her, and he let her remember that she was someone to be reckoned with as well. Not just some girl to trample. She still didn't think that guilt was quite the right way to go. Extortion maybe, but not guilt.

She wanted to thank the chef for his kindness. Maybe if she stuck around enough, she'd learn more than just the knife skills she had.

Back
Top Bottom