Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Rift .. A Dark Fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Azer looked down and into the chasm. "hmmm, looks like this one goes down to the lake. well as far as i can tell we should still be able to sleep, its warming nicely" Azer looked around and saw the Snow melt that trickled away revealing soft arctic grasses.

Azer laid down, amidst the turmoil, the heat rising from the vent soothing. "Come on over guys the grass feels comfortable."

De'Mona felt a warm glow come to her cheeks, she was glad her dark drow skin would hide the blush.. "Amoz.. that has to be 15 feet wide.. you cant possibly jump that?" De'Mona said sounding a bit nervous.
"I don't know Azer.. we still have alot of ground to cover while it's still light out.. and we have to find a way to get these others across... and besides.. the way we are going is on that side of the fissure." She said as she still looked across at the others.. seeing the panic in there eyes even from this distance.

(Wow, gone camping for 2 days and I have to read 3 pages of posts....dang.)

"Pfff, this isn't anything, try leaping over a moat filled with stakes." She joked and dropped her bags and other heavy items, stretching out her muscles and popping her knuckles. She stooped down to pick up a rope which she wrapped around her waist and rolled up her sleeves, her flesh tensing with excitement. "I bid you all a farewell." She grinned like an idiot before running back 20 yards, then hurling herself toward the chasm, jumping at the last moment to fly through the gap. After falling 20 feet she grabbed hold of a rock protrusion and she bit back a curse as her shoulder was retched around. After hanging for a couple seconds, she started to scrambled up the sides, finding enough handholds to make the climb easily. After scrambling over the side and laying on her back to catch her breath, she waved back to the party." Alright guys......your turn." She took the rope from her waist and tied it around a nearby tree.

Amoz looked at Azer, Heath, and De'Mona.
"Alright, I'll take Heath with me since he is the least likely to be able to do this."
Amoz hoisted Heath up onto his back and got a running start. He leaped off the edge, hitting the rock face only inches below the edge. His scaly exterior took the most of the blow, as he helped Heath up and over to safety before getting up himself. He looked across to Azer and De'Mona.
"Can you two make it?"

De'Mona's heart was pounding when she saw what Felixia was about to do ... "ahh" she let out a little gasp as the elf fell almost afraid to look over the edge.. only to see Felixia dangling by the rope and pulling herself up... and then she watched not able to say anything before Amoz and heath made a running jump...

"ahhhh... I don't think so... I can do a lot of things but i don't think I can jump 15 feet... and drows are none to found of heights." she said as she peered over the edge nervously.

{OOC- wb Felixia}

Azer looked out over the cliff.

"don't worry De'Mona, I'll take you."

Azer took hold of De'Mona and with the lightest of effort, and the least of a running start Azer jumped from a near stand still over to the far side of the chasm. landing firmly on his feet.

"now was that anything to worry about?"

((Random Encounter.))

There was a rumbling in the clouds and the morning sky darkened, sending the area into a twilight. Shadows danced as heat lightning cackled above their heads, static filled the air with the sense of impending doom. Then all was white as a bolt of energy streamed down and into the new crevice. Anyone remotely sensitive to light would be blinded and catch only glimpses of the horror that lurked bellow.

Climbing their way out of the ground was a mass of shapes, arms and legs and howling throats. More bestial then man a verifiable army clawed its way ever upwards. Reaching for those that had attempted to jump the gap. Preternatural strength filled their limbs. An insane tempo of thunder drove the insanity to the cascading lights that accompanied it.

During the leap De'Mona glimpsed some kind of shapes crawling up the walls of the fissure, "what the fuck was that!" she yelled as she drew her sword. .. "everybody back away from the hole"

'Oh hell....." She cursed and ripped out her weapons, twirling then in defensive patterns. "Looks like the fun has arrived." She ran back over to the edge of the chasm and started hacking at arms that reached over the side to climb up, chopping off hands, arms, and even heads. "A little help would be nice!" She called back as one of the creatures swung an ax at her, and she barely dodging time in order to stab the thing in its belly, black blood bubbling out.

Azer, Having just landed looked back into the Chasm seeing the dread that was coming forth. he readied a flame strike to send it down teh hole, hopefully killing as many of these creatures as he could.

Azer let loose his Flame strike, sent an inferno down the chasm. killing a good portion of the creatures, but still they ascended the walls.

"fuck our luck, fall back deep into the ruins, these creatures are not of this world. trust me on this." Azer drew his sword and ignited teh blade with a spell of Dark lightning. "We must go now, or we shall all perish."

As fast as they where slashing and hacking the monsters as the emerged from the crack in the earth .. 10 more would take it's place.. there where dozes and dozes as they charged the little group.

one of the huge monsters charged at De'Mona ... side stepping and swinging her sword, missed as she spun around towards the creature again.

((Be nice if someone takes minor damage.))

The earth vomited up their loathsome forms, they reached above the lip of the ground. No care for their fates, just a deep seated desire to sedate their baser instincts. Maws opened wide and snapped at the wanders. Some died, others were crippled, it was a slaughter but the sheer weight of numbers would be enough to throw the die in their favour.

Azer saw the beast that had charged De'Mona, and with side swing brought his enchanted Bastard sword down through the creatures neck, cleaving it in twain.

He nodded at De'Mona as he continued to send creature after creature into the next world with sword and spell.

"fall back you fools, we can not take them here, we must get them out of their own element and away from here." Azer continued his onslaught, having seen many battles before.

Turning on her heel, she flipped her dagger around and hurled it full strength toward the monster sneaking up behind De'Mona as she dueled with another creature. The dagger buried itself up to the hilt in the creatures brain and it slumped down, landing next to De'Mona's feet. Smiling as she saw their leader's head turn around and saluting, she pulled out her other dagger and went back to slaughtering as many creatures as she could, dodging and parrying their attacks.

De'Mona saw one of the creatures heading for the young boy heath.. ... she Jumped and landed on heath knocking him out of the way as the Jaws of the creature just missed them both by inches.

De'Mona had just gotten to her feet when the best whipped around and grabbed her by the arm in its powerful jaws .. ripping away part of the flesh.. .. she let out a scream as the sword on the other hand found the beasts neck.. but it was to late for her other arm as the best bit deep into the bone.

Once more lightning struck about the wanders, throwing the land into an upheaval. Thrown from their feet from the wild trepidations of the earth they would see the creatures falling into the abyss or crushed by the sundered land closing upon itself. The violence had been quick; but it was only a taste of what was to await them further along their journey, for a journey not fraught with danger was not worth pursuing.

the smell of sulfur still lingered as the fissure started to close swallowing the horde back up where they had come from.

De'Mona still lay on the ground holding her bleeding arm.. trying to get the bleeding to stop.

Stumbling over t De'Mona, Felixia slumped down next to her, her hair singed from the last blast and her hands shaky from the current. She ripped the bottom of her shirt off and quickly wrapped it around the bite wound. "It's alright...just calm down and don't go into shock." She mumbled and tried to ignore her own wounds. A piece of rock had sliced her leg and it wouldn't stop bleeding....

(Sorry guys. I gotta drop out. I'm too busy.)
Ianic ran away ad got lost in the woods.
(Forgive the crappy ending please. It is what a thief would do.)

De'Mona laid there as Felixia bandaged her wound .. "It's ok.. I've had worse," she said slightly wincing.. "what about you? are you going to be alright?"
Then she looked around to do a head count.. "we are missing somebody.. Ianic, I hope he didn't fall in." she said looking at the ground that had now closed up.

Amoz hadm managed to get himself a good knock to the head in all the turmoil, groaning and standing.
"What... what the Hell just happened?"

"I will be ok, and so will he......" She smiled weakly as her face slowly turned white, her blood pooling under her slowly in a crimson pool. "On...second thought...." She barely mumbled out before she passed out and landed sideways next to De'Mona, her cut and bleeding thigh clearly visible.

"Amoz quick come and give me a hand with her" De'Mona said as she elevated Felixia's leg .. ripping a peace of the bottom of her shirt she tied a tourniquet around Felixia's leg to stop the bleeding.

Azer stepped up and placed a hand on Felixia's leg holding high for her his eyes, watching what she was doing but at the smae time he was looking to the horizon to see if there was more trouble. He had but a small scratch on his arm, nothing more.

Blood slowly flowed back to her features, but she remained unconscious with her clothing now ripped open because of the bandage making. She groaned out softly, clutching around for something in her dreams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom