Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Rift .. A Dark Fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.
De'Mona never had expected to have a small group of travelers with her.. she still thought it might be dangerous then being with her.. but seeing as they where all insistent on fallowing her she figured it might be a good idea to have someone that has the power of healing to be with them. "We i have to tell you Heath it's going to be pretty much in ruins and is going to take a lot of work fixing it up where it will be inhabitable. But as long as it's alright with the others I don't see why you cant join us."

De'Mona looked up when Amoz came back to join the group as the continued to walk.. she looked over at the new person Amoz had brought with him... a could chill went through her for a moment when she recognized him as a demon born

She couldn't help but smile, "Yeah I guess I am. And who might you be?" she asked studying him closely. Being a Drow they natural distrust everyone .. but having a price on her head making her even more paranoid.

"Thank you De'mona" He smiled as he snapped his fingers and a spark hit the logs to start a campfire.
He then turned his head and saw Azer. He stayed silent and watched to see what would happen.

"My fair drow, I am Azer Deintal, master of fire and of the blade. I have seen this world over many times, and yet smile as i meet new people and beautiful women. as for what I am, it is hard to say, though I may look human, I am far from it. My mother was a Succubus and My father was an Angel. I am what cam of the two. I am as mortal as you and heath, i just don't age, ever.

So to say it simply i was around when all of you, and your ancestors came into being." Azer was serious about this and thought, 'they will test me, all do that I travel with.'

"So Azer where are you heading? We are on our way up north towards the ancient ruins."
De'Mona looked around at everyone . It now seemed that there little group had grown by two.

"no where in particular. I have seen the world over and many of these ruins, i have been to when they were still structures. you could say I am like a living History book, without all the boring parts." Still being a man, he could not but notice De'Mona's Large ample breasts.

"Ah then you should know your way around there pretty well, I heard there quite large and easy to get lost in with all there maze like champers. and with the natural hot springs that run underneath it stays quite warm even in the coldest of winters."

De'Mona pulled her cloak tighter around her as she noticed Azer's eyes, She had seen that look many times from her Master, she moved her own eyes and looked away briefly.
...............................................................................................................

Meanwhile.... Rayam knew he was getting close to the ruins as it started getting hotter and hotter... .. the under ground tunnels started to narrow and stretch back up towards the surface. Stepping out of the underground labyrinth tunnels he could see the ruins in the distance.

gothicwallpaper191.jpg

"De'Mona Please tell me what is the name of your master, I may know him, if not of him." Azer eyes falling unto hers. he held them their till he would receive his answer, knowing the way she looked away, was a sign of obedience.

De'Mona took a step back as her deep red eyes flared, "Master?"she hissed.. "I don't have a Master, what would make you think I did?"

She was a little shocked that his man had known she had been a slave. She never told even Amoz that she had a Master, all he knew was she was on the run from something. And Amoz had guessed she had a bounty on her head, but even that was all he knew, or all he told her he knew. But now this new man... How would he have known? Unless he was one of the ones looking for her.

"Its in your eyes, De'Mona. You could tell the most convincing lie to anyone, and they would believe you, if not for your eyes. I learned a long time ago to look there for the truth." Azer words were truth and filled with soothing as he spoke them, mingling his power with his word.
"if you are not bound, then who is it that you are eager to find in the ruins? is it a man that you have not seen for many moons, or is just for the comfort of the warmth that comes from their magic?"

((check out my new request thread The Blade's Solstice.))

"There is no one" she said coldly, " and I am a Drow and Drows don't need anybody" she said... her eyes where still burning.. After killing her Master De'Mona never even thought about being with anyone. She was always to worried about staying one step ahead of the bounty hunters. That and the knowledge that anyone she was with she would probably bring death if the hunters ever found her... over the past 6 months she had already had to kill a fair number that had come looking for her.

"I need shelter for the winter, and the others." she said looking around at the small group of people," We have all met along the road and seek for the same, a place to settle down for the winter. In less then a month it will get very cruel out here.. at least there will be a foot of snow and it will only get worse from there. Any body caught out here in that will surely die" she told him

"As well you should care for these people, if they have nothing then they shall die, but I will offer my assistance where I can. Oh and you can stop fearing me as a bounty hunter, and a threat now. I've known what was going on the entire time." Azer started to gather up the people that had flocked to De'mona, and when he was finished in her mind she heard ~

'Fear not me, nor of what I can do. I did not wish this upon my self, for I too know what it is like to not have someone to hold and comfort. I have been lost here for longer than you have existed. I pray that these people you fear do not come with me near, I get protective over the people I travel with and if the come, none shall return.'

He went silent as he started to joke with Yuan-ti asking him if his scales were cold or was he just happy to see him.

De'Mona chuckled " I think Amoz is always hard... errr I mean happy to see everyone." she laughed as she grabbed her bag and started walking.

Azer lead the way towards the ruins his knowledge of the area guiding them to on of the warmest of spots above ground and yet below, it was near tropical. after several hours of walking and a few stops to warm Amoz, the group finally settled down for the night, Azer knowing the would make the hot spot the next day.

Azer looked down at the rough stone circle and pitiful kindling and decided that he would warm the area himself tonight. he began to glow and a warm heat radiated from him, a small portion of both angelic wing and demonic horn began to show as he used a great deal of power for this.

"Ahh, much better."

(Ahh, I love how I miss all this as I sleep)
Amoz plopped down near the fire when they decided to stop, wrapping his makeshift fur cost De'Mona had made for him around himself to keep warm. It actually worked fairly well, even in this cold. He beckoned for De'Mona to sit beside him.

Heath was deeply looking at the fire like it was all he got. He wasn't sleeping at all since he felt so warm. Just the he saw a snake-like person plop down aross from him. He met many demon through his journey, but never someone like him. He had to see this for himself. "Hello" he simply said going over to him.

Heath was all smiles once he wave at him. He nod his head and touch one of hos scales.
"This...is...awesome! I've never met someone like you before in my journey. So...so...scaly" he said as he touched another of of his scales.

((What fun, more individuals to manipulate.))

The cold had settled into his bones and weariness took him, every so often he would catch himself falling asleep and each time he would tap into a bit of his reserves. His stomach growled in protest, he was alert; but the trade off was an extended period of weariness once the effect was worn off. Still he smoked his pipe and looked into the twisting and coiling tendrils of smoke, he saw bits and pieces of random images.

More had been added to the endeavor, more to over come, more to challenge, more to fail, more to die; all was right.

Near him he stared at a tree that had been blasted into charcoal by many strikes of lightning over the years; he gazed at it and smiled, wondering just how Rayam was taking to his new surroundings.

"Everyone's a Prince."

De'Mona walked over to where Amoz and Heath was sitting and was just about the sit down.. when again the ground she was standing on started to shake ... looking up she could see the trees shaking around them... and a deafening sound of rumbling and then the loud sound of something ripping as one of the trees right in front of them started to split.. the ground shook and started to fall away and suddenly the tree was swallowed up as it fell down being swallowed by a huge crack splitting the earth in half creating a huge crevice in the ground. The ground moved as the hole grew wider.. by the time it stopped and the shaking and noise had stopped there was a split in the earth 15 feet across and ran as far as the eye could see. Steam rose up from out of the huge crater that was so deep you couldn't see the bottom.

De'Mona had fallen to the ground, as did anybody else who had been standing at the time.. By the time the dust settled and everyone got to there feet.. the tiny group had been split in half separated by the huge crevice in the ground.

..............................................................................................................................

From somewhere deep inside the ruins laughter could be heard echoing through out.
As Rayam muttered out loud, still to far from any human ears to hear him." Relax my friend and sleep they wont be going anywhere for awhile yet."

Amoz was seated upon the ground, sí he wasn't knocked back. When the fissure stopped, Amoz stood and looked across the crevice, seeing De'Mona.
"Is everyone alright over there?!"

"told you this land was riddled in magic, this is why. though i cannot say that all of this is not natural."
Azer was next to De'Mona, his agility allowing to be on which ever side he wished to be during the event.
"As I was saying, i don't think this one was caused by magic, this land is also called the Venting chasm, for a reason. small but wide vents open up to an underground lake, this lake sits upon a heated lava tube which causes the lake to boil. the resulting heat causes this entire area to be supernaturally warm during the winter months. but these fissures are somewhat timed, the last time one opened, was nearly a hundred years ago, and the cycle on a 200 year time frame. this had have been aided by magic."

"I am fine Amoz, this is a small one, we should work along sided to come back together.

Yeah I'm fine, She said standing up shaking the dust off of her... she stood next to Amoz it was a good thing she had just moved to sit next to him when the shaking started... the two of them looked around .. trying to get a head count to see where everybody was ..
Heath and Azer had been standing next to Amoz talking when the shaking had started, De'Mona saw him right away.
"Are you two alright?" she said looking at them both... " and what about you guys over there? Is everybody ok? Nobody fell in there did they?"

Amoz looked around.
"Doesn't look like anyone fell in. Everyone's accounted for."
He looked into the chasm, then across, thinking he could probably jump it. He went back to De'Mona, giving her a soft kiss to the cheek.
"I'm glad your safe."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom