Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

ᴄʜᴏᴋᴇʜᴏʟᴅ (PoisonousIvee/Mr.Aznable)

It was quiet and cold, nothing there to greet him but his armor. Her smile and laugh haunted him, hung in his ears all night, even as he tried to sleep.

He tried to focus on his duties when he was there, but it was difficult. She was always where he needed to be, whether it was on purpose or not, he didn't know. But it drove him insane; wanting a woman he knew he couldn't have.

It made him angry beyond words, but he never showed it. He took it out on his targets when he trained, but none of it was towards her or his lord.

Synne wanted him more than she ever wanted anything. He was in her dreams, in her thoughts, doing and saying sinful things to her that only made her want him more.

He needed to have her, needed to have her as his and his alone. But it was simply not possible.

Maybe if he prayed about it? Surely - surely - God would give him the answers and peace of mind he sought.

He tried. God, he tried. Day and night, anytime he saw her, he prayed before bed, before breakfast, lunch and dinner, he was obsessed.

Finally, after months of praying, he heard something. A voice.
"You want her, body and heart, o child?"

There was a blinding light that forced him to avert his eyes, and when he looked back, a man perhaps no older looking than him stood before him.
"Be not afraid," he smiled, "I am here to answer thy prayers."

He got to his knees, prostrating himself before the angel. “A-Angel please, I beg of you..! I have served the Lord faithfully and dutifully, asking not but more life with which to serve him..! I need her, I need her more than anything..!”

The angel smiled, "He has heard thee, brave sir Knight, and has seen thine hard labor. He has allowed for me to grant the ability to have what thine heart desires." His smile twisted a bit, "For a price."

“Name your price, Angel, for I would give anything for her..!” He said, so blinded by sheer happiness that he was unaware how crazed he sounded, or what he might be doing.

"A small cutting from thy soul." He said, bending to meet Tadgh's eyes, "nothing more, nothing less. And thou shalt have your Synne, until the very earth crumbles."

He smiled with a serene kindness before placing his hand against Tadgh's chest. There was a sudden unGodly burning, scorching through every vein and pore in his body, and he didn't even het the chance to scream before the angel removed his hand.
"It is done." He said smoothly, "Thou shalt have her in a fortnight. Do not hasten the opportunity given, o child, or it is ruined."

He panted hard, gasping and nodding. “Th-Thank you, Angel, thank you..!” He sputtered, pained sweat beading on his brow as he checked his chest for burns.

There was none, and when he looked up, the angel was gone. Did it even really happen? Or had he finally gone mad with grief and desire?

He grabbed at his head, it ached fiercely. Only one way to find out. A fortnight? He would wait until the sun went cold.

He went about his duties as normal, though his training seemed a bit off. With barely a swing of his blade, he cleaved the training dummies in two. It was strange.
He found tokens in areas he was traveling through; red and pink flowers would be lying near his path, waiting for him. When they crossed paths, she would touch his armor gingerly and speak to him with a faint longing he had never heard her use before.

Back
Top Bottom