Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

ᴄʜᴏᴋᴇʜᴏʟᴅ (PoisonousIvee/Mr.Aznable)

Her cheeks turned a soft pink and she smiled a bit more, "It does my heart good to hear that. I, u-uh," she turned toward the food, "I-I requested...that food from your country be made...they laughed at me for it but ultimately agreed..." God, help him, she thought of him with such tenderness and care.

"O-Oh, think nothing of it...it was the least I could do. I wanted this to be a night you remembered for years to come." She replied.

Her whole face turned red, all the way to her ears, and she lowered her gaze nervously, "Y...Your words honor and humble me, Sir Tadgh..."

“Of course, Lady..” he said. There was a pain in his chest. She was so close, but forever out of reach.

He wanted to speak more with her, but he couldn’t. He tossed back a few more goblets to help his heavy heart.

Everyone was dancing. There was so much dancing. Song after song, couples filled the floor with fluid movements and revelry. Synne stood away from them, watching with sad eyes, even as Edwin suggested she find someone and enjoy herself. She didnt want to if it wasn't Tadgh.

He had a bit much, and he couldn’t hold back. He walked over, and bowed. “M’lord, the Lady appears to want to dance. For lack of a suitable partner, may I accompany her?”

"Ah, a fine idea!" It seemed Eswin had had a bit much as well, "Synne, go! It'll be like when you both were children!"
"I-I..." She flushed but nodded, "I'm honored, Sir Tadgh..."

He pulled her gently to the floor, and made space before the two of them began spinning in slow circles.

She smiled softly, "Remember when we were first learning, and you tripped over your foot?" She giggled.

"Oh, I shall sleep much more soundly knowing my knight is a far better dancer after all these years." She smiled. Her knight.

The celebration went on late into the night, until everyone was too fat and too tired to do much else but sleep.
"I hope you return to your new home in safety, Sir Tadgh.." Synne said gently, having walked with him to the main entrance.

Back
Top Bottom