Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

『Kodoku no Saibou』(1×1 w/ Jikkah)

"I will summon Sohta-dono in the morning, lay them gently by the window and we can pray for them." Akihime said. Sasuke nodded and moved to lay Kirito gently under the window before taking a step back.

Amaya laid Kidomaru beside his brother, making sure she was careful with the corpse before stepping back as well.

"Sasuke...?" Akihime moved closer and he made a noise.
"I'm not a shrine fox, but I'll beseach Inari with you." He replied. Akihime nodded and clapped her hands together gently, closing her eyes and muttering under her breath. Sasuke did the same, and a haunting green-blue light filled the room.
"Ohayo, Onmyoji-dono~" A female kitsune appeared at the door holding a paper lantern hanging from a pole, small soul orbs floating around it, "Sasu-kun~"
"Damare." Sasuke huffed. The kitsune giggled gently and looked to Akihime.
"What would you ask of Inari-sama~?"
"These two children were murdered by yokai. I would ask you find their souls and guide them." Akihime requested. The kitsune hummed.
"Kido-kun and Kiri-kun, no? We've already guided them, they're in Paradise now." She replied. Akihime bowed gratefully.
"Thank you so much, Kongiku-chan."
"Of course. If you have need, please call. I'll come by in a couple of days to collect the fried tofu for this visit." Kongiku winked, "Ja~❤️" And with that, she left, the green soul light following her.

Amaya kept her head bowed and hands clasped while they spoke with the shrine fox, not wanting to disrupt Akihime’s work. She glanced to the two wrapped up bodies with a frown, but tried to not let herself be too sad- humans died all the time after all.

She nodded, and when the morning came, Amaya made sure the spider silk had been removed and replaced with fabric cloths to cover the boys for their parents to view.

She heard movement from inside the room before the door opened, Sohta standing before her. He bowed his head to her, stepping out of the bedroom and closing the door. “You said you had news? Have you found my sons?”

She frowned gently, "I have..." She replied solemnly, "I would like to offer my most sincerest apologies, to you and your wife..."

The man slowly sunk to his knees, putting his hand over his mouth to keep himself quiet. “I always knew- felt it deep in my heart-” He shook his heat and stood. “Please let me be the one to tell my wife.. I can only imagine how this will destroy her.” He said softly. “Thank you- Onmyoji Otani, for bringing my children home.” He said, bowing deeply to Akihime.

Akihime bowed gently, her pins tinkling gently as she did, "I will not ask for any money from you or your wife for this service. Please, take this time to be with each other, support and love each other during this loss...I can only imagine your suffering and dare not add to it for monetary gain.."

“Thank you, Onmyoji.. Please, take me to see my children.” He said, voice weak and tired.

She nodded and guided him to the room he allowed them to use. Sasuke and Amaya stood on the opposite wall of the shrouded children, the kitsune watching quietly as Akihime and Sohta entered.

The father entered and moved over to the children, once more falling to his knees at the sight of the small bodies wrapped with care. He wept quietly, placing both hands on each child as he did. Amaya stood silently, eyes lowered out of respect, a soft frown on her face.

"Let's go," Akihime whispered to her shiki, "they'll need peace."
"Yeah.." Sasuke nodded and moved to leave quietly with Akihime.

Amaya followed closely behind as well, collecting her umbrella as they left to shield herself from the sun.

"We should report to Sorin, see what he has to say." Sasuke said, "An aobozu isn't something you just gloss over."
"I agree." Akihime replied.

Amaya nodded in agreement. “Should I investigate Sorin’s estate?” She asked Akihime.

The gate opened not long after Akihime knocked, a handsome young man with long brown hair and brown eyes standing at the gate. He had a solemn look on his face, and he hadn’t been there the first time they had arrived. “Akihime-dono? I am sorry, Master Sorin isn’t well right now- how may I be of service to you?”
Amaya slowly grew stiff, but said nothing, keeping her face neutral for the time being.

Akihime blinked up at him, taken aback by his handsome features, at a loss for words for a moment or two.
"Oh, the issue at the Watanabe household has been handled...I wanted to inform Sorin-dono of our success." She replied.

Yukimura bowed his head, but still didn’t step aside to let her in, keeping her in the courtyard. “I will be sure to relay your message to him at once, thank you.”

Back
Top Bottom