Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

『Kodoku no Saibou』(1×1 w/ Jikkah)

Amaya melted into her touch, letting out another soft moan as Akihime touched her, her kissing becoming a bit more desperate.

Amaya quickly moved to fix her robes, face flushed as she sat up and glared at Sasuke. “Do you even know how to knock?” She hissed.

"When it's convenient." He replied. Akihime turned toward him.
"What did you find?"
"The rooms reek of various spirits. They've been coming and going for a while." Sasuke replied.

Amaya quickly made sure she was presentable before turning to face Sasuke, face still red from embarrassment. “Akihime, let me set some spiders throughout the house, I can watch for our intruders.”

"Granted. Thank you, Amaya. Sasuke, I'll have need of your purifying fire should the spirits return tonight."
"Of course, dana." Sasuke replied.

Amaya lifted the sleeve of her robes, and several spiders no bigger than her thumb nail crawled out from under and onto her hand. She set them carefully on the floor and instantly they scattered in different directions.

“I’ll alert you once I see anything.” She said, sitting still in her spot and focusing on watching the house.

"Arigatou." Akihime said and stood, "Come, Sasuke, we should set up for the ritual."
"Hai." Sasuke replied and followed Akihime out.

Amaya used one of her spiders to listen in on what Akihime and Sasuke were doing, having little else to do as she stood guard.

Akihime and Sasuke moved to the garden, where Akihime set out shide in a circle and making sure that they were straight before getting the talismans set up.
"You need to be less greedy with her, dana." Sasuke said. Akihime made a soft noise.
"That's like telling a dying man to skip a meal."

Night fell quickly, and it didn’t take very long before Amaya sensed two distinct presences. “Akihime, they’re here.” Amaya warned, able to speak through her spiders to the one perched on Akihime’s shoulder.

Akihime turned when Sasuke did, spying an aobozu moving through the garden toward them.
"Of course, a child seizing spirit.." Sasuke muttered bitterly. The aobozu stopped and stared at Akihime, it's large eyes unblinking, and she held its gaze.
"Why not hang your neck...?" It asked her, fingers flexing slowly. She scowled and turned away from it, moving into the ritual center. The aobozu shot toward her, hands outstretched for her neck, and she rose a talisman up against her lips.
"With urgent haste, in accordance with the law." She muttered and the talisaman burned between her fingers as the ritual site lit up in a star connected by the shide, catching the aobozu before it could grab her.
"Sasuke."
"Hai." Sasuke pointed his fan forward and blew over the top, a haunting blue fire shooting out and engulfing the aobozu. It wailed briefly before falling silent, as if calmed, before it disintegrated.

“There’s still one more, it’s lurking in the shadows just outside the pentagram.” Amaya said through the spider to Akihime.

A dark shape moved fluidly through the shadows, erupting from the bushes just behind Akihime. A Kamaitachi raised its sickle to cut into Akihime’s back, sharp teeth bared in a snarl.
“Akihime! Behind you!” Amaya warned, fear flaring in her voice.

The sickle hit against a barrier before fire swallowed up the tool, crawling up the Kamaitachi's hands and arms and engulfing it as well. Sasuke held a talisman of his own, his sharp eyes glowing as the paper burned between his fingers.

“That was the last one- but we still have the matter of the missing children. How do we find them?” She asked Akihime.

"We would have to find where the aobozu came from. It would have taken the children to its dwelling." Akihime replied. Sasuke made a noise as he thought.
"I can ask the field foxes if they've seen or heard anything."
"See to it, then." Akihime nodded and Sasuke left with a bit of a jog in his step.

Once Sasuke left, Amaya came out from the house, a few more spiders falling from her sleeve. “Should I go too?”

Amaya’s face flushed a bit and she looked away. “I only wish to ensure he does his job well.” She muttered before quickly heading off. She scattered a few more spiders before heading for the nearby temple, hoping to find more spiders to question there.

Back
Top Bottom