Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

『Kodoku no Saibou』(1×1 w/ Jikkah)

Amaya rounded the corner, having found him easily with her spiders. “Akihime is staying behind.” She said with a nod. “I’ll assist you and finding the children.”

"I can do well enough on my own, but ok." He said before he made his way out of the city. He entered a large field of tall grass and slipped his fan into his sleeve, long forward pointing ears and two tails emerging from his head and under his robes respectively. He whistled a high pitched note into the grass and stood in wait.
"Sasu-kun?"
"Damare," Sasuke huffed, "show yourself Kazu, it's just me...oh, and my master's shiki." The grass moved and a peach colored fox appeared before him, looking up at him with glittering black eyes.
"What do you need, Sasu-kun?" Kazu asked. Sasuke pouted gently.
"I need to know where the bodies of two boys are being kept. They were taken by an aobozu some time ago." He requested. Kazu tilted her head gently, frowning as only a fox could.
"Two boys...aobozu...oh! There's an old travel shrine up the road from here! We've seen an aobozu coming and going!" She said.

Amaya bowed her head to the wolf, listening in silence as the two spoke, thinking it best if Sasuke did the talking for them. While she waited, she observed Sasuke’s ears and tails, admiring the ginger color- just like his hair. She was always fond of redheads.

"Thanks, Kazu."
"Don't be a stranger." She smiled and vanished into the grass. Sasuke’s ears ans tails vanished before making his way up the road.
"Ikuzo."

Amaya followed closely, staring for a moment longer where his ears had just disappeared “Who was that?” She asked.

Amaya made a soft noise. “It’s unusual for you to talk about yourself.” She said, her surprise genuine.

Amaya glanced at him when he said that. “You say that, but then why are you with Akihime?” She pointed out.

"She's fun." He replied, "Interesting at best, a brat at worse. I like her company. And, by extension, yours as well. So long as you aren't thorny, anyhow."

Amaya listened silently, cheeks flushing a bit when he called her thorny. “I wasn’t aware I was… Thorny.” She said awkwardly. “Sorry.”

She hadn’t realized she had been such a thing- thorny -it was almost embarrassing. Sure she was firm in her ways, but she hadn’t realized she had been so rigid. “Are you used to it?” She asked, almost too embarrassed to.

“I see.” She moved her gaze to the road ahead of her. “I’ll do my best to not be thorny.” She said softly before stopping at the entrance to the temple.

Amaya scowled, also smelling such a stench. She stepped forward, several blue eyes opening all over her face. “I doubt there’s anyone even guarding the bodies, but be careful regardless.” She warned as she headed inside.

Amaya nodded and moved around to where two smaller bodies lay decomposing. She scowled softly as she knelt by them, inspecting the wounds on their necks. “Both of their necks are broken.” She confirmed. “They’ve been dead probably since they went missing.”

Amaya raised her hand over each boy, her web wrapping them up as if wrapped in a funeral shroud. “We should let Akihime know, she can tell the family.” She said softly.

Amaya nodded grabbing the smaller of the two and carrying him out. With Amaya’s webs wrapped around the corpses, the stench of death was completely masked, sealed in with the bodies. She closed her extra eyes, the eyes completely vanishing on her face.

They walked back to the Watanabe estate in silence, where Sasuke shoved the gate open with his shoulder before making his way inside. Akihime came out of their borrowed room and gave a small frown.
"I see.."

“It looks as though they were both killed shortly after they vanished.” Amaya said softly.

Back
Top Bottom