Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Westbrook OOC

If there was a sitch where a group of people did something illegal, then they boarded vehicles and drove to an airfield, there could be the possibility of the scene with your character destroying the machinery and grounding the criminals who thought they were going to make a smooth getaway.

Yes. Absolutely. It'd be pretty obvious, natch, that's an escape attempt. Cardio WOULD stop them. She could even keep the car doors from opening in the first place, keeping them in their getaway cars to the airport in the first place, because that's likely where she'd run into them. At the airport.

I take it, it was Alexa who changed her face

Yes. Did I not specify that?

Did she also change the look of her clothes?

I was thinking that her shapeshifting ability either work somewhat similar to Mystique's and she can change her entire appearance, clothes and all, but I was also thinking not. In one way it makes more sense that she can only change her own appearance while her clothes remain the same.

Did she change Blair's look?

Nope.

having a power to disguise oneself in an illusory manner is much less powerful than having a power that allows one to disguise a group of allies including oneself.

I would say that Alexa can only disguise herself ad not those around her. However would it not be possible for Schro to use his ability to change the appearance of himself and those around him in the minds of those observing him?

I would say that Alexa can only disguise herself ad not those around her. However would it not be possible for Schro to use his ability to change the appearance of himself and those around him in the minds of those observing him?
Not exactly.

What Schro can absolutely do is make it seem as though he and other people appeared like cloaked figures with different, plain facial features. So if the three stood still somewhere, those that saw Schro even in their peripheral vision would 'see' the three for a brief moment, before suddenly all of the three were covered with cloaks and hoods over their heads which were bigger than they originally were.

He could also sit somewhere and make someone affected by his power think that where he sat there was a barrel there, thus obfuscating Schro's presence by making the target believe there was just an inanimate barrel there.

Then, if Schro were to stand up and walk around, the person affected by the hallucinatory barrel in their vision, would see Schro.

You know those videogame glitches where one character model clips through another character model because the NPCs are standing in the same position? That is basically what a target would see the moment Alexa and Blair moved out of the Hallucinatory Disguises that Schro placed in the minds of victims.

I think this is a great limit for a cognito-hazard power to have to curb the power creep before it becomes a problem.

You know those videogame glitches where one character model clips through another character model because the NPCs are standing in the same position? That is basically what a target would see the moment Alexa and Blair moved out of the Hallucinatory Disguises that Schro placed in the minds of victims.

Makes sense.

@MsBloom
I have an idea for a potential suggestion Schro will raise with Blair and Alexa. Just a moment, I got to confirm something with the word of God. My idea hinges on the fact that Schro can see through the mayor's eyes with his power. That way, he can figure out the layout of the mayor's home and where he keeps his valuables- then, Blair, Alexa and he plus a few goons can go and rob the place. Also vandalize it. That should be a good way to make an impact and an official debut for the city.

@Frozen Princess
Would the police commissioner that is colluding with the mayor have shown the mayor the video that Schro made of himself? Since they are starting to do stuff that concerns metahumans and Schro is styling himself a villainous metahuman- that seems like something they would be reasonably concerned with or about.

Last edited:
@Inkybus
That's a good idea to pursue, and since they're both the bad guys and NPCs , maybe even reach out to try to contact him either to get cut in on Schro's plans or to have him join them, since mind games is what the mayor is doing in his bid to run the city as a dictator. Maybe even offering the slums as Schro's to control? I'm still plotting my reply, and I could include that if it strikes you, but I'll be afk all night, ready to call Mom long distance, as it is Friday.

@Frozen Princess
Schro believes that, with Blair's and Alexa's help, he has nothing to worry about when it comes to what the mayor can throw at him. But the question still stands: has the mayor seen and heard Schro's performance? Because if he has, Schro can percieve his senses and afflict him with terrible hallucinations.

@Frozen Princess
In regards to Schro, should I write that a corrupt civilian worker informed someone in Schro's chain of command that the cops will stay out of Gangland because the Mayor doesn't want the gang to mess with him directly?

@Inkybus No, that the Mayor is "on his side", thus the "gift" of the six square blocks of land and people. And that the police department precinct in their area (2) is being disbanded, and 3 has to leave them alone or face the Mayor's and Police Commissioner's disciplinary actions.

@Frozen Princess
I have trouble following the thread of the plot, so please bear with me.

The mayor and the police commissioner stopped people with phones who recorded Blair, Velocity, Alexa and Su-Ji fighting, from posting their videos online: is this correct?

@Inkybus No. Sapphire found out that anything like that was either taken down by MeTube, or demonetized, meaning they (the posters) couldn't make money from it. The videos would be moved to an age restricted area and buried. Once it's on the web, it can't disappear.

It's disappeared because Sapphire didn't access the age restriction area. Something Ella might check and find all kinds of videos of the metas @MsBloom

From being on YouTube, I learned there is a third way to "hide" the videos. Members only. IRL one of the vloggers I follow, CarlyAnnaWX, has one of her videos in members only, for people who support her monitarily. I can't see it, because I don't pay for membership, I'm only subscribed.

That could be how Ella or Edith get access to the videos Scoops can't. One of them could be paying members of a certain MeTube channel. It turns out any members only videos are hidden from subscribers on RL YouTube, so why not have MeTube have similar amalgarhythms?

There are other social medias that they can look at. Instagram, Tiktok, Reddit, Twitter. Plus anonymous image boards like 4chan and the search engine google: why not just write a review on Google, like "Golden Spoon used to be a good restaurant. Then it got blown up by superhumans."

What I am mostly wondering about is just how well the government would be able to hide the multitude of videos that would surely be posted after an event like The Golden Spoon, not to mention the way Blair, Alexa and Schro confronted the cops, (in case anyone caught it on video.)

My guess ... it is too many videos and too many platforms for them to completely bury it.

My guess ... it is too many videos and too many platforms for them to completely bury it.
Precisely.

And even if the local news outlets were stopped from spreading the news, there are news outlets in other states and abroad that have people employed purely looking for news that haven't been reported in other places and write about them.

I'm glad we're all on the same page. The power mad mayor only thinks he has everything under control even with the media. I will let you know, Sapphire (I think Scoops said it) was right about mayor knowing someone in FCC, she just won't be able to prove that without either Ella digging into the whys of the "hidden" videos, or her own snooping after talking to Olivia. It would be used in the language of them being age restricted or blocked for only members, for MeTube, since it's our fictional YouTube.

Again taken from RL experience as a viewer, I remember one of my vloggers I watch on YouTube mentioning some legalities (hoops they had to jump through) that isn't always available to us unless we're posting content.

I'm glad we're all on the same page. The power mad mayor only thinks he has everything under control even with the media. I will let you know, Sapphire (I think Scoops said it) was right about mayor knowing someone in FCC, she just won't be able to prove that without either Ella digging into the whys of the "hidden" videos, or her own snooping after talking to Olivia. It would be used in the language of them being age restricted or blocked for only members, for MeTube, since it's our fictional YouTube.

Again taken from RL experience as a viewer, I remember one of my vloggers I watch on YouTube mentioning some legalities (hoops they had to jump through) that isn't always available to us unless we're posting content.
I'm unaware of ways to censor the likes of Reddit, Twitter or Instagram: how would the mayor achieve this?

I am not calling it X, that is just asinine.

Lol, I don't blame you. Since I'm not on those, I wouldn't know. Twitter (Chirper, for us) I know, did a LOT of censoring certain posts of their own volition. I ended up quitting it and Facebook. That and cyberbullying.

Reddit and Instagram (Cheddit, Pictogram) probably aren't affected, but Mayor's buddy in FCC could be hounding both and flagging as misrepresentation anything with the metas, or misleading the public with fiction? Anyway, anything to say metas aren't real.

Back
Top Bottom