Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Hogwarts 2022 OOC

@LeaT @Red Day I'm onboard for the Quidditch match + any associated shenanigans! I've actually been thinking Charles might ask someone to help him train so he can make the team, maybe Titus, so the game could be a spark for that. On the other hand, given how those two have bounced off each other so far, maybe Charles'll end up looking elsewhere afterwards — or maybe we'll end up getting a sad scene of someone finding him trying to train by himself later. 😅
Titus has been nothing but kind to Charles 😜
But yeah I'm also down to continue something there

I'm not sure if it would be too coincidental for Eleanor to have tickets to the match, but I wouldn't mind her attending.

I'm not sure if it would be too coincidental for Eleanor to have tickets to the match, but I wouldn't mind her attending.
I love coincidences, sure why not?

Oh and sorry I missed welcoming you, I was a bit distracted. So nice to have you here.

Well, I don't see how it would affect anything because Appleby is obviously going to get taken apart.

Looking forward to seeing scenes with more of you. Some good interactions so far. I do worry we might have lost some folks

I think just the solstice thread may have petered out. Silverbird kinda got stuck waiting on me and it may have been the case for other characters. I'll post there later but I think it's done it's job of introducing characters.

Sadly, it is the nature of groups to lose people. But I think we have some active players and we can always be pleasantly surprised by those that return or newly join. It is an open RP after all, so people can come and go, sort of like real life.

@Silverbird I think we have options of going to the match, some flying training, or both as they aren't mutually exclusive. At least if we don't get too hung up on chronology.

I think we are gonna have our first spicy scene of the RP, loved the post in Mina's quarters.

@Silverbird I think we have options of going to the match, some flying training, or both as they aren't mutually exclusive. At least if we don't get too hung up on chronology.
Let's start with the match itself for now (especially so Eleanor and any others can be present), and see where things go from there. @Red Day @LeaT Are either of you keen to write the first post and get that thread started?

Titus has been nothing but kind to Charles 😜
If only Charles was kind to Charles. 😅

I wouldn't mind starting something, especially since Lea has been carrying a lot of the weight on starting posts. I just won't be able to get to it til Sunday evening at the earliest, so anyone who just can't wait to get started is also free to do it themselves lol

I wouldn't mind starting something, especially since Lea has been carrying a lot of the weight on starting posts. I just won't be able to get to it til Sunday evening at the earliest...
I don't mind waiting a little, and I think this would be better set up by someone more in tune with Quidditch anyway. So thank you, I'll look forward to your start.

I assume this will be taking place during summer break still, before the encounter between Mina and Titus in the other scene.

Is it alright with you if I start my characters off in the castle? I have the Headmistress and a Professor, so I can't see them just... hanging out with the students, lol.

I'm also open to having any of my characters be part of some shenanigans. :devilish::ROFLMAO:

Go for it! We already have Hogwarts threads going. Just start a thread for your scene

Eleanor had a small tag for Professor Glass. Up to you if you want anything to come of it.

In any case, she measures the distance between the cauldron and the beaker. A glance upward to make sure the ventilation wouldn't be a problem, a check to make sure the heating charm under the cauldron was level, the moonstone ground to a fine powder and carefully sifted to perfection: all carefully attended to. About all she hadn't done was check the stars. And she would have done that if she hadn't been nearly caught by Professor Glass. Not that she was doing anything against the rules – it just would be damned inconvenient if he wanted to try to make it an impromptu lesson and asked her what she was looking for. Fortunately, she had slipped away a split-second before the professor could spot her. She thinks. 90% sure, anyhow.

Nice! I'm still waiting to see if anyone takes the risk of going after Professor Glass' daughter!

Is it alright with you if I start my characters off in the castle? I have the Headmistress and a Professor, so I can't see them just... hanging out with the students, lol.

I'm also open to having any of my characters be part of some shenanigans. :devilish::ROFLMAO:
That is all perfectly fine and don't be shy about starting a new thread to get yourself kicked off, perhaps tag those of interest to your scene.

One "headmistress" question that we might want to discuss is the matter of teacher/student fraternization. I am of the opinion that it is frowned upon but it certainly happens and isn't strictly against the rules or laws. Since the headmistress is likely to hear of such occurrences, we should at least be straight on the rules. It may or may not have come up before hand, but if it has, it would be helpful to know her stated position on it, if there is one.

@kckolbe : Niece, but yes! I can't wait to see either!! It will definitely be interesting. I'm debating whether I should make one of Stella's siblings, though.

@LeaT : Okay. Do I just post her stated position on it here, or where exactly?

Ah, my bad. Also, to answer your question, when creating the thread, just name it something to let people know what's going on, either as a location or a story event.

@kckolbe : Niece, but yes! I can't wait to see either!! It will definitely be interesting. I'm debating whether I should make one of Stella's siblings, though.

@LeaT : Okay. Do I just post her stated position on it here, or where exactly?
I think it is fine as an OOC discussion, maybe we should just flag the other professor with your response or discussion @kckolbe and I have discussed the issue, but we should be on roughly the same page.

By the way, not sure what the right way to do this is, but I did "introduce" some worldbuilding in my last post, stating that Garrick Ollivander no longer runs the wand store, having passed it to his grandson. Given that Garrick would be about 113 by now, seemed a reasonable move. Hell, the grandson might be retired by now.

Between that and a mini-story I am planning to put together, I just ask that if anyone has any lore pertaining to wands, just please hit me up first.

By the way, not sure what the right way to do this is, but I did "introduce" some worldbuilding in my last post, stating that Garrick Ollivander no longer runs the wand store, having passed it to his grandson. Given that Garrick would be about 113 by now, seemed a reasonable move. Hell, the grandson might be retired by now.

Between that and a mini-story I am planning to put together, I just ask that if anyone has any lore pertaining to wands, just please hit me up first.

That is an excellent point. I do love the lore that people bring to the story, I'm afraid I'm not particularly good at that part but I do appreciate and enjoy the flavor it adds.

@Frogger How long has Marvel been headmistress? She is rather young, perhaps this is her first year? In which case we would still be learning her opinions on fraternization.

Legally, I'm thinking it is not illegal as long as the student is 'of age" probably 16 or 17 for our story. But there might be some social more that frowns upon it.

Back
Top Bottom