Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Superheroine Peril / Mutants and Masterminds

experimenter73

Super-Earth
Basic Concept:

The players would be between 2-4 female college students in a world where superheroes and supervillains are real. They become the newest targets of a strange villain who is infecting people with a serum that gives them strange superpowers. The news coverage of these infecrted people has shown them going crazy and attacking innocent people around them. For some reason, it is different with these heroines.

Despite this, they find themselves hunted by both the government, who fears them, and the villain, who wants to study them.

Themes and Important Elements:

Bondage, Peril, Torture, Torment, Death traps, and wicked predicaments will be the name of this particular game. Their likely failures when faced with the odds stacked against them will see them suffer at the hands of vile people who will delight at their tears and ignore their pleas.

Mutants and Masterminds, 3rd Edition:

Previous knowledge of the game is unimportant. You don't need to own any of the materials. This will not be a game that rewards power-gaming and point maximization. The game itself plays very smoothly and allows for fun super-heroic action. The only challenging part to the learning curve, really, is character creation.

If you've never made a M&M character, then you can just let me know the sort of character you'd like to make and I can do the creation for you and then go over what it all means.

The Heroines:

Your character will be created in two steps. First, you'll need to decide who you were as a regular student on campus. What were you studying? What are your hobbies? How do you dress? What makes you who you are? After all of the characters are created, you can decide if any of you know each other and whether you're friends.

Then, we will create your character's heroic profile. For this, you basically just need to describe what sort of powers you want your character to have. For game purposes, they will be Power Level 7, which is the typical power level of side-kick-type characters. The initial powers should be a little erratic and challenging, but there will be room for these heroines to grow into their potential!

Logistics:

Right now, I am thinking this will be run in a play-by-post system. I am thinking we'll set up two or three days per week to work as deadlines for everyone to post what they will do. That will give us time to contact eachother with questions or coordination between those times. It will make for a slower paced story, but if we each put in a good amount of story with each post, I think it will move forward at a reasonable pace.

But, I'm open to other ideas on that front as well! If we all decide to play live once a week on Discord or something, that could work, too.

Interested?

If you're interested, drop a comment here to let me know your thoughts on how it would run... and, more importantly, let me know about the chracter you would like to play... both as a regular college student and a heroine to be.

I may need to change my concept up a bit. I didn’t realize how popular big, beefy bricks would be and I don’t want to tread on anyone’s ideas or make folks feel redundant. Anyone looking at a Speedster? I could whip up one of those.

It doesn't seem that way, from what I've seen from people's initial character ideas, and what is already in the character thread.

I definitely tried to avoid the brick model based on other's posts.

My character's a little bit hybrid, kind of at the edge of human potential in different areas (but not all at once!), but only sorta-super.

And I confess, I did kinda make a brick. But she's only a brick in her monster form. Which I thought was a neat contrast with how she normally is. :)

It’s fine. I’ll keep the same concept. Just switch out super strength and toughness for super speediness. I’ll update the Google doc I already sent Experimenter’s way.

Also just want to thank you for the help. It's been a long time since I worked with the system and to be honest I build like 3 characters for games that never happened so your experience and feedback has been really appreciated. :)

No problem. PM'd you my suggested build for your character.

I'm going with:

Elongation 7 (and Grab related feats and Sleight of Hand), Morph 3 (Humanoids), And some Protection and Minor Regen.

I feel like the morph might do weird things to her sexual preferences, lol.

Also, if this seems a bit too similar to what Harbinger had in mind, I do have other characters that I can play, and don't mind switching.

First, I must apologize. I'm visiting family for the holidays and posting from my phone. I won't be able to access my book or write up a character until the first of January.

Second, a question about characterization. I want my character to play into your kinks. I'm thinking either someone who is easily scared and easily moved to tears by nature, and so always reacts with terror and crying when placed in peril and torment, OR someone feisty, combative, and angry, even when helpless. Which do you prefer from your heroines in peril?

First, I must apologize. I'm visiting family for the holidays and posting from my phone. I won't be able to access my book or write up a character until the first of January.

Second, a question about characterization. I want my character to play into your kinks. I'm thinking either someone who is easily scared and easily moved to tears by nature, and so always reacts with terror and crying when placed in peril and torment, OR someone feisty, combative, and angry, even when helpless. Which do you prefer from your heroines in peril?
I imagine it's probably best to focus on crafting a character you will enjoy playing. I know building specifically for someone's kinks doesn't always result in fun for the builder. But that's just me.

I’ve reworked my lady into a speedster with 7 ranks of Speed and Quickness. Also gave her skill in unarmed combat, not because of training, but because the world moves so slowly in comparison.

I’ve reworked my lady into a speedster with 7 ranks of Speed and Quickness. Also gave her skill in unarmed combat, not because of training, but because the world moves so slowly in comparison.
That sounds pretty awesome. Go go speed racer :D

Penny,

First, let me say that I truly appreciate the wonderful sentiment being your offer! I love the thought behind it.

But @Miss Eleanora is right. It’s better to focus on playing the story of character you like.

And, besides, it all works for me. I don’t really have a favorite to pick in any case.

I cannot help but believe that this whole thing is going to be something special! I love the help and support already out there… and such interesting characters!

I’m thinking of a first post date of January 5. That should give us plenty of time to prepare and get things ready, and to get past the holidays. So you should have plenty of time to get your character together!

I think Addison/The Crimson Claw is all set now. Shout out of thanks to @Evendur for the help getting her to a state that fulfills both my vision and fits the rules. :D

My power is versatile, I can easily go down the internal chemistry aspect first, I don't have to go brick, I am looking more to body modification rather than human shapeshifter. I just thought with the right application of the body modification I could get to shapeshifter a long way down the road. I do see immunity to poison coming very quickly though, as she could just isolate the compound within herself and change it or purge it. I want the Prehensile hair.

Hmm, dang, I was pulling up Flexi's old 2E sheet and ran across Euclid, my teleporting (Re/De)flect-user. I just worry that going Deflect 7 (Extras: Area [Burst], Selective, Reflect, Redirect) (Only 35 pp + 1pp to Alternate Effect the Teleport powers and such) might be real annoying for the GM as it has the distinct possibility for one character to negate the entire villain team every turn.

So, @experimenter73 can feel free to say no to that, as while I like the idea, it does kinda break the action economy of the game, which is one of the few ways you can really break M&M.

Hmm, dang, I was pulling up Flexi's old 2E sheet and ran across Euclid, my teleporting (Re/De)flect-user. I just worry that going Deflect 7 (Extras: Area [Burst], Selective, Reflect, Redirect) (Only 35 pp + 1pp to Alternate Effect the Teleport powers and such) might be real annoying for the GM as it has the distinct possibility for one character to negate the entire villain team every turn.

So, @experimenter73 can feel free to say no to that, as while I like the idea, it does kinda break the action economy of the game, which is one of the few ways you can really break M&M.
I definitely wouldn’t reject the character idea outright. I would recommend, however, starting out at a different place as a teleporter. That build feels a lot more like the skill of a hero who’s refined her skill with the power over time. I think this will be more fun if you lean into the idea that these characters will gain and use their powers for the very first time shortly after we begin.

For down the line, as skill grows, I feel comfortable with the build as a target.

Fair enough.

I like both ideas for different reasons. I'll try to decide which I like better.

Yeah, the concept sounds like it could be interesting, and elongation's always got nice opportunities for kinkier situations as well.

Yeah, that's fair. Looking through characters I never got to play just makes me want to play all of them. ^.^;

Aright! Flexibelle it is.

Yeah, that's fair. Looking through characters I never got to play just makes me want to play all of them. ^.^;

Aright! Flexibelle it is.
I can definitely appreciate that sentiment! I’ve come up with so many ideas over the years that have never actually seen the light off day!

And what a great character you’ve created. I absolutely love her back story. You are continuing the trend of interesting and intriguing characters.

I grow more and more excited for this by the day.

I can definitely appreciate that sentiment! I’ve come up with so many ideas over the years that have never actually seen the light off day!

And what a great character you’ve created. I absolutely love her back story. You are continuing the trend of interesting and intriguing characters.

I grow more and more excited for this by the day.

Thanks! I'm glad you like!

I got done the character, and since I was kinda focused on grappling, I realized I had no way to actually incapacitate people. So, I borrowed an attack from a famous rubber rubber man, lol.

Back
Top Bottom