Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Superheroine Peril / Mutants and Masterminds

experimenter73

Super-Earth
Basic Concept:

The players would be between 2-4 female college students in a world where superheroes and supervillains are real. They become the newest targets of a strange villain who is infecting people with a serum that gives them strange superpowers. The news coverage of these infecrted people has shown them going crazy and attacking innocent people around them. For some reason, it is different with these heroines.

Despite this, they find themselves hunted by both the government, who fears them, and the villain, who wants to study them.

Themes and Important Elements:

Bondage, Peril, Torture, Torment, Death traps, and wicked predicaments will be the name of this particular game. Their likely failures when faced with the odds stacked against them will see them suffer at the hands of vile people who will delight at their tears and ignore their pleas.

Mutants and Masterminds, 3rd Edition:

Previous knowledge of the game is unimportant. You don't need to own any of the materials. This will not be a game that rewards power-gaming and point maximization. The game itself plays very smoothly and allows for fun super-heroic action. The only challenging part to the learning curve, really, is character creation.

If you've never made a M&M character, then you can just let me know the sort of character you'd like to make and I can do the creation for you and then go over what it all means.

The Heroines:

Your character will be created in two steps. First, you'll need to decide who you were as a regular student on campus. What were you studying? What are your hobbies? How do you dress? What makes you who you are? After all of the characters are created, you can decide if any of you know each other and whether you're friends.

Then, we will create your character's heroic profile. For this, you basically just need to describe what sort of powers you want your character to have. For game purposes, they will be Power Level 7, which is the typical power level of side-kick-type characters. The initial powers should be a little erratic and challenging, but there will be room for these heroines to grow into their potential!

Logistics:

Right now, I am thinking this will be run in a play-by-post system. I am thinking we'll set up two or three days per week to work as deadlines for everyone to post what they will do. That will give us time to contact eachother with questions or coordination between those times. It will make for a slower paced story, but if we each put in a good amount of story with each post, I think it will move forward at a reasonable pace.

But, I'm open to other ideas on that front as well! If we all decide to play live once a week on Discord or something, that could work, too.

Interested?

If you're interested, drop a comment here to let me know your thoughts on how it would run... and, more importantly, let me know about the chracter you would like to play... both as a regular college student and a heroine to be.

I could be interested though for me it would need to be play by post. I have a bunch of pathfinder games most nights that make it hard to budget in scheduling for another voice call game.

I will have to ponder further about a specific character concept but I do have one as an idea who can transform into a battle form, but also has part of herself always stuck half transformed as a drawback. I have played before years ago and would refresh myself on the system :)

I'd love to join as a player! I'm fairly experienced with M&M3E and can help people make their characters. I'll need some time to think about my character, but I'm definitely okay with play-by-post.

Same with me, I've played all 3 editions of M&M, and bdsm, bondage and peril are right up my alley for kinks. I'd also be happy to help with characters as well as I brew up my own.

I'd prefer play by post as well myself.

Thinking I might revive and scale down a 2nd Ed character I had with an elongation power suite named Flexibelle.

I would also be interested, though I'm a system newbie and have to research a little about what is possible. Play by post is fine!

I’m interested, and like the others, I’m familiar with Mutants and Masterminds and adore Peril.

I’m picturing a scholarship student from a low socioeconomic bracket who’s serious and hasn’t done any partying. Not exactly a goody two shoes, but someone who’s made choices to sacrifice fun to work toward a better life.

She does not have the time for this super nonsense, but isn’t going to get a choice.

Thinking superhero nerd-hottie glow up. Her clothes don’t fit properly after, doesn’t need her glasses anymore, has to deal with all this attention she doesn’t want, even if a part of her likes it.

Power wise, perhaps a pretty classic brick? Super strength, toughness, and that’s about it? Trade off accuracy and active defense for strength and toughness to reflect she doesn’t have any combat training.

Contrast the cleverness she has against the bog standard powers that were forced upon her. Picks up a car while openly complaining that it makes no sense that she can lift a vehicle designed to crumple on impact by its bumper.

Last edited:
I could be interested though for me it would need to be play by post. I have a bunch of pathfinder games most nights that make it hard to budget in scheduling for another voice call game.

I will have to ponder further about a specific character concept but I do have one as an idea who can transform into a battle form, but also has part of herself always stuck half transformed as a drawback. I have played before years ago and would refresh myself on the system :)
Wonderful! And I’m happy to report that the consensus is fully on the side of play-by-post so we will move forward that way.

The character concept is an intriguing one, from the snippet you shared, and I think the “stuck” side of it would work well with this concept.

I look forward to learning more!

I'd love to join as a player! I'm fairly experienced with M&M3E and can help people make their characters. I'll need some time to think about my character, but I'm definitely okay with play-by-post.
Welcome aboard! And it looks like most of the people who have shown interest in joining are already experienced with the system, too!

Since there is clearly enough interest, I will post game threads later today. I look forward to seeing what you decide to go with for a character!

Same with me, I've played all 3 editions of M&M, and bdsm, bondage and peril are right up my alley for kinks. I'd also be happy to help with characters as well as I brew up my own.

I'd prefer play by post as well myself.

Thinking I might revive and scale down a 2nd Ed character I had with an elongation power suite named Flexibelle.
Flexibelle! I love it! That definitely sounds like an interesting character, and it adds in so many fun possibilities for peril.

I look forward to learning more about her!

I would also be interested, though I'm a system newbie and have to research a little about what is possible. Play by post is fine!
As I said, System newbies are definitely welcome!

The beautiful thing about M&M is that the character creation system is flexible enough that you can create just about any sort of heroine that you can imagine. If you come up with an idea, I’m sure the combined knowledge here could definitely find a way to put it down on paper.

I’m interested, and like the others, I’m familiar with Mutants and Masterminds and adore Peril.

I’m picturing a scholarship student from a low socioeconomic bracket who’s serious and hasn’t done any partying. Not exactly a goody two shoes, but someone who’s made choices to sacrifice fun to work toward a better life.

She does not have the time for this super nonsense, but isn’t going to get a choice.

Thinking superhero nerd-hottie glow up. Her clothes don’t fit properly after, doesn’t need her glasses anymore, has to deal with all this attention she doesn’t want, even if a part of her likes it.

Power wise, perhaps a pretty classic brick? Super strength, toughness, and that’s about it? Trade off accuracy and active defense for strength and toughness to reflect she doesn’t have any combat training.

Contrast the cleverness she has against the bog standard powers that were forced upon her. Picks up a car while openly complaining that it makes no sense that she can lift a vehicle designed to crumple on impact by its bumper.
What a fantastic character concept, and one that fits the concept perfectly. I love the dichotomy of her nature against her power set!

There’s also a fun angle there about this girl who has had to work so hard for everything in her life suddenly having a lot of things be easier for her. It’s interesting to think of what that might mean for her concept of self, and the new light it will put on her past accomplishments.

I look forward to learning more!

I have to admit I'm not experienced with the "peril" genre. What sort of content will we see in this game? Is it all getting tied up and facing 007-style executions? Is there explicit sexual content? This could affect my character concept.

For example, I've had a character concept of a succubus whose strongest powers are basically gated behind sex, so the imagined gameplay loop is getting captured, being raped, and then powering up and defeating her captors. If no actual sex happens, though, this concept obviously wouldn't work.

Do you have an F-list or other list of fetishes we can expect to see? I know you have a list in your OP, but is there anything more comprehensive?

I have to admit I'm not experienced with the "peril" genre. What sort of content will we see in this game? Is it all getting tied up and facing 007-style executions? Is there explicit sexual content? This could affect my character concept.

For example, I've had a character concept of a succubus whose strongest powers are basically gated behind sex, so the imagined gameplay loop is getting captured, being raped, and then powering up and defeating her captors. If no actual sex happens, though, this concept obviously wouldn't work.

Do you have an F-list or other list of fetishes we can expect to see? I know you have a list in your OP, but is there anything more comprehensive?
My F-list is here: F-List Experimenter NSFW

Now, that isn’t to say all of those elements would be included here. It is my intention to base the experiences around the characters and their weaknesses and the desires of their players. So, the succubus concept could certainly work here.

I’d also note that I intend to honor plaster limits explicitly. And if we end up with a situation where there are elements one player wants in the story that makes others uncomfortable, we’ll take those experiences private.

A couple quick questions. Is there an art style preferred for characters and references? I have a preference for drawn and illustrated art vs real people face claims and that was what I had been planning to use. I actually have custom art planned to use for my character because I commissioned some that works for the concept at one point. Second question, is there somewhere we are supposed to make the actual sheet?

A couple quick questions. Is there an art style preferred for characters and references? I have a preference for drawn and illustrated art vs real people face claims and that was what I had been planning to use. I actually have custom art planned to use for my character because I commissioned some that works for the concept at one point. Second question, is there somewhere we are supposed to make the actual sheet?
I just created the Character Creation thread here: Unlikely Heroines Character Creation

As for references, I do not have a preference.

Also, I have a little experience with 3D rendering software. I was going to offer to create characters for anyone interested based on the references you share. That would allow me to create renders from time to time to match up with the scenes as they happen. Here's a sample of what I mean by that. The finished product would be a higher quality render than this one, and I would work with each player to have it match your vision as much as possible.

Shieldmaiden Sketch.png

That's pretty awesome :D

I'm working on my character now. I haven't used the system in a while so I am a bit rusty and hope you will check my math to make sure I did it right. But I am having fun making her. Especially because the system definitely seems able to make her pretty close to how I had envisioned her from the start.

I'm worried I might be a tad late, but I was interested in joining in this as well. I picked up the handbook for M&M 3e a while ago, but hadn't had the chance to play. I'm fairly quick to learn such things, though, so I would be able to learn.

Once again, I'm unsure if you have room, but if you were willing, I was thinking of a more wallflower type character. Just there at college because she was told that was the best opportunity forward. Does well in classes, and is present socially, but very much so without direction. She'd be the student most people would know because she's around, but she doesn't have any specific friend-groups.

The kind of abilities she'd have gained would have been ones to fulfill her wishes to basically be a part of the scenery, letting her pass through objects and people alike. It's not the most useful power for stopping crime, but the character is probably to end up more like a skill monkey/infiltrator stealthier type.

In any case, no worries if this is full up, and I hope you all enjoy the RP if that is the case! In the case I'm in, I'm also fine with a PbP style.

Edit: Seems I got in quite a bit late, took a while writing that up.

Ouch, just got here. Is there still room? I would love to play. I agree with the couple of days deadlines, it helps with game push and keeping people interested.

I have a deep desire to play a game of discovering her powers. I think my girl would start with prehensile hair, developing into personal morphing, shapeshifting her feet into ape gripping feet, manifesting a scorpion tail, or even wings, armored like an insect. Mimicry will be a big part of this, allowing her to modulate her voice to mimic the voices of others, and the sounds of animals. Over time full body transformations, eventually including a battle form, and possibly the ability to take on other human shapes. Eventually her power would allow her to control herself down to the molecular level, allowing her to fool dna testing and biometrics as well as possibly produce chemicals and reinforce herself with added elements to her structure, like iron-enforced bones or chitin or producing the chemical components for C-4 explosives. (Way down the road.)

She was born and raised on a merchant fishing vessel, she is studying biology with a special interest in what makes the evolutions different, cell structures and how different species succeeded where others did not. Phylogeny, Prosthetics, and Biomemetics. She wants to make systems and prosthetics to help people experience different environments, flight suits, aqualungs, exoskeleton jump suits... etc. Prosthetics improvement.

I'm worried I might be a tad late, but I was interested in joining in this as well. I picked up the handbook for M&M 3e a while ago, but hadn't had the chance to play. I'm fairly quick to learn such things, though, so I would be able to learn.

Once again, I'm unsure if you have room, but if you were willing, I was thinking of a more wallflower type character. Just there at college because she was told that was the best opportunity forward. Does well in classes, and is present socially, but very much so without direction. She'd be the student most people would know because she's around, but she doesn't have any specific friend-groups.

The kind of abilities she'd have gained would have been ones to fulfill her wishes to basically be a part of the scenery, letting her pass through objects and people alike. It's not the most useful power for stopping crime, but the character is probably to end up more like a skill monkey/infiltrator stealthier type.

In any case, no worries if this is full up, and I hope you all enjoy the RP if that is the case! In the case I'm in, I'm also fine with a PbP style.

Edit: Seems I got in quite a bit late, took a while writing that up.
You know, I originally told myself I was going to stop at 4... but then stretched to 5.

And now another comes along...

But I can't pass up that character concept!

You're in!

Ouch, just got here. Is there still room? I would love to play. I agree with the couple of days deadlines, it helps with game push and keeping people interested.

I have a deep desire to play a game of discovering her powers. I think my girl would start with prehensile hair, developing into personal morphing, shapeshifting her feet into ape gripping feet, manifesting a scorpion tail, or even wings, armored like an insect. Mimicry will be a big part of this, allowing her to modulate her voice to mimic the voices of others, and the sounds of animals. Over time full body transformations, eventually including a battle form, and possibly the ability to take on other human shapes. Eventually her power would allow her to control herself down to the molecular level, allowing her to fool dna testing and biometrics as well as possibly produce chemicals and reinforce herself with added elements to her structure, like iron-enforced bones or chitin or producing the chemical components for C-4 explosives. (Way down the road.)

She was born and raised on a merchant fishing vessel, she is studying biology with a special interest in what makes the evolutions different, cell structures and how different species succeeded where others did not. Phylogeny, Prosthetics, and Biomemetics.
Gah! It just gets harder and harder.

But I think I have the solution.

First off, you're in. Second off, stay tuned for a slight modification to things so that I can stay sane running this!

For everyone playing, we will use the same thread for Character Creation: Unlikely Heroines Character Creation

However, after characters are created, they will be split up into two groups of up to 4. The two groups will run concurrently and in the same campaign, but will be happening in different places with the very likely possibility of characters from each section eventually moving back and forth between them and interacting.

In the beginning, it will just be easier to keep track of things with smaller groups!

Makes sense. I was going to suggest splitting it into smaller groups, just so you didn't have to try and manage such a massive team of heroes in the same encounter.

For everyone playing, we will use the same thread for Character Creation: Unlikely Heroines Character Creation

However, after characters are created, they will be split up into two groups of up to 4. The two groups will run concurrently and in the same campaign, but will be happening in different places with the very likely possibility of characters from each section eventually moving back and forth between them and interacting.

In the beginning, it will just be easier to keep track of things with smaller groups!

Is it alright to post character stuff here to be looked at before putting it into the character thread? Since the character thread is a repository for finished characters.

Back
Top Bottom