Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Home is where the Black is (Anansi and Sorrow.)

"No...you won't...you'd never give it up, you'd never start over. He's old you know...older than both of us...he's the product of many many years of research and development. He just thinks he's young. He's forgotten more than most will ever learn, but you, you'd not start over, no, you'd want to be his love...every single time." She said slowly, she had been edging closer to him over time and knew Hawk wouldn't do anything as foolish as shoot her before she knew how to fix him from this state. So she kissed him. Her lips met his fully, her body pressing to his before she pulled back and licked his lips her eyes watering yet glinting with a ravenous hunger behind them. . "The minute you're away from him, or your back is turned, if you betray him...or hurt him...I'll find you..and I will take him. She simply said.IT sings for the mama bird.

His eyes slipped back into focus and he looked about slowly and rubbed his head. "Oh...so yes...why...are there guns drawn?" He simply asked.

She shook her head lightly "I don't care." she stated mildly, I will continue to love him and help him either fall for me again or learn his life again." she stated, voice soft. The woman tensed as she moved to Xeno, kissing him hard, and she put forth all her will to not shoot her. "I know." she responded, voice quiet "Ye won't get that chance." she added tone final. Once Xeno came back, profound relief filled her eyes and she shrugged "Ye know me, hot temper." she replied and put her gun away, nodding at the woman respect in her face, even if the trust wasn't quite there.

"Well, its been nice seeing you dear, I've got to go fuck up a ship and claim Reavers killed my crew." She said rather nonchalantly. "I've added a beacon to you, so don't be a stranger, or I'll hunt you down." She added to him before she kissed his cheek. "Aww my darling little boy....you have no clue how much I miss you." she said again before she leaned in to peck his lips.

Leaning back from the kiss he smiled. "Wife, over there..kind of inappropriate to be kissing other women." He added before he slipped over to Hawk's side.

"Aww you're getting boring, well goodbye." She said as she made her way back into her ship and away from them. She didn't need to stick around to watch the little girl mess with what she felt was hers. Pondering on it briefly she thought about killing her and running off with him, starting over, but she'd let it play its course, eventually it would play out, she was patient if nothing else.

"Best av luck with that." Hawk replied cooly and nodded "Wave us if ye're in the area, so we know it's ye and not someone try te bother us." she commented, entwining her hand with Xeno's and squeezing softly, watching the woman walk back wondering why she hadn't killed her. Maybe living the life she did made her soft, or made her realize that there were other answers to such problems.

"So she put me under did she? What did you two talk about?" He simply said to her. "If its about that whole thing of me and her being married and the like then I already know, I simply play dumb to save her feelings. She didn't tell you the whole story...we tried..but she has a genetic anomaly that my genetic programming brings out. Our son died a horrible death minutes after birth, she never forgave herself." He simply said to her. "I can't put her through that again, she spent...months, just crying and shutting herself off, always wanting to try again regardless of how many doctors told her that it was impossible. I didn't want to lie to you, but I figured she told you about that to dissuade you..she's told others." He said flatly.

"Aye she did. She threatened me with death if I left or hurt ye and tried to make me wonder how strong our relationship was by saying that I knew nothing av ye're old life, that ye were older then her and I put together. That ye forgot weeks at a time and would forget our time together. She had tried to fix things but it never worked so she let ye go so ye could be happy. I can respect that sort av sacrifice." she stated and her eyes grew sad at his story and she looked down a moment "I don't blame her for feeling that way really, I can understand such a loss. But Xeno, do ye still love her, even in the slightest bit?" she asked, wanting to know the extent of his feelings.

"Yeah, she does that...killed the last girl from what I remember." He said faintly without so much as a though to it. "You don't know of my old life, I've was remade a number of times, various upgrades, changes, genetic markers and the like. I'm really version 3, but they always kept my mind." He said slowly to her with a snicker. "What do you want to know? That my body at one time was regrown with my mind active throughout the whole ordeal? That the alliance sunk well over 300 billion dollars into the weapons program that made me?" He asked her slowly. "That I'm forty eight years old? That I used to be part of a breeding program where they simply had female crew sleep with me trying to breed them then gave them my semen later to try and get them pregnant and all of them died? That I'm telepathic? That I used to forget years at a time and then pick at her mind to find out what I had missed?" He said slowly. "Yes, I do..but there are other things that will never be there, I will never be able to trust her, I got tired of coming out of being put under, naked and obviously having had her take me in another miserable attempt to get pregnant. She tell you that once it went bad and she activated the ogre function in my brain and I thrashed her so badly she spent three months in a hospital even though I was trying to will myself to hold back? She tell you about that?" He said in a somewhat mechanical slow voice as he watched her ship pull away.

Hawk listened, face impassive at first but the expression slowly melted away to be replace with grief and sickness at what had been done to him. She hadn't known that the Alliance could stoop to such length, she had met River Tam of course and her blood boiled further at the atrocities he had suffered and to her admittance the woman had gone through as well. "No I didnae know any av that, but I'm glad ye told me. Ye won't have to worry about me trying to drug ye te have a kid or activating that function. She never mentioned being sent te the hospital at all, small blame to that really, I'd probably try to forget it if it were me. And seeing as how she loves ye so, she'd want to hold on to the good memories." she murmured, voice soft and quiet, letting him watch her ship move on, eyes tracking it as well. Hawk let the question of whether or not she was the first he loved rest silent, it would be horribly uncouth to ask that now and the answer didn't matter, the sentiment and feeling he had put into that statement had been more then enough.

HE laughed softly. "River...she was nothing compared to me...I'm phase one, I'm the reason they picked her up, I was proof it could be done, but they couldn't recreate me. This is what its like, this is what I was like, I knew..everything...no, she wasn't the first I loved. There was another...a scientist...she had a thing for young boys..I was maybe ten or eleven, it was after my first reconstruction. She made sure that I was...well endowed lets say." He added slowly. "She killed herself after they told her their plans for me...so she'd not have to face me. After a while..I knew...everything...their dreams, their fantasies, their fears.." He said with a slow growl as he gritted his teeth.

She felt a brief pang of hurt at that revelation more for the pain that Xeno felt then the fact that she wasn't his first love. Anger and illness mixed at learning of the first woman that tinkered with him when he was a child and then killed herself to avoid facing him after the drastic changes. "Ye remember it still?" she asked, wondering what he knew about her and how long that would last if she ever died.

"I remember everything, I had reset that part of my mind for you but when I get put into standby it restores everything from a sort of backup." He said slowly with a nod before he looked to her. "Its not that you're the first....its that I'm..well old...there have been others..but yours is the first where I've trusted my partner. Absolute and complete trust." He added as he looked to her. "You're the only one I've proposed to." he finished before he walked from her towards his quarters.

She winced as he mentioned the reset, unable to really imagine how horrid that would be to wake up and recall years of memory, most of it painful. She nodded slowly and smiled faintly at him "I'm glad ye trust me and I won't let that die." she murmured, watching him walk on before striding to him, frowning "The woman, she showed me a ring." she stated, voice low.

"She proposed to me, on one knee, in a public square, seven months pregnant with our first attempt at a child." He said slowly as he stopped. "I never said I hadn't been married before." He simply added before he shook his head. "Yes some trust you have in me I see." He mumbled with a nod before he simply stepped around her. "You're wife number two if you accept and survive." He said in a slow slightly mocking tone as he kicked open the hatch to his bunk.

Hawk winced again, guilt flooding her and she nodded "Fair enough, I did want to make sure I had things straightened out." she replied honestly, it had after all been a wealth of information that she had never been privy too. "I do trust ye and...I, accept and hope to the Gods I survive long enough to enjoy our time together." she stated, not wanting them to part and argue, or have things be tense again. Her face flushed a bit at his mocking tone however "If ye accept, av course." she retorted, arms folded.

"Sure...lets get married, I could talk to Doctor Xeno now that his location is unlocked, he could..well repair your womb if you do want to have kids." He said to her slowly as he began to climb down to his quarters. "It doesn't matter who got married first, or who's first, it matters who's last. I intend to try and make sure its you." He said to her slowly as he gently caressed her calf muscle before he slipped down.

She stared at him a moment an odd mix of emotions on her face, hope, shock and a small bit of grief. Blinking she nodded and smiled faintly "I agree with that sentiment. Mind if I come back to keep ye company after setting our course?" she asked, watching him slip down to his quarters.

"I love you, and I want to spend the rest of my life with you, I want to rise and shine with you there. Believe me." He said simply before he slipped down. "Come by whenever." He added as he stripped down and stretched out on his bunk. As he did so his nose began to bleed heavily and he grabbed a rag and leaned his head back to try and stem the bleeding before she showed up.

Hawk eased and nodded at him "I believe ye, and I love ye too, more the I can put intae words." she replied as she went to plot their course, relaxing faintly. Walking back into his quarters she frowned as she spotted the blood on the rag and walked to sit on the bed "Tilt ye're head down and pinch just under the bridge. Blood won't run down ye're throat that way." she commented.

"I just bonked it on my way to bed is all, I don't need to do all that." He said as he pulled her into his lap and kissed the side of her neck. "Mmm why are you so serious all the time?" He asked her as he gently poked his fingers along her sides down to her stomach before he leaned back and pulled her atop him. "You know if were going to spend our lives together, we need to laugh on occasion."

"Ye aren't that clumsy." she replied, frowning lightly as he pulled her onto his lap. She leaned into him and smiled faintly "Too long as a soldier, alot av stress and it's been a rough few days. But ye've a point, I miss laughter, there used te be alot av it back home." she commented.

"I am at times, you calling me a liar? There can be no relationship if there is no trust." he said as he roughly pinched her backside. "About what I said." He added soon after. "If you don't want kids, I understand hun.." He simply said to her in a slow whisper of a voice.

She winced and shifted a bit "Ouch. No, I didnae mean that." she replied and blinked, looking at him oddly a moment as she looked ahead "I'm, ah no' sure. For so long I've not thought about it." she admitted, an odd cast falling over her eyes "Let me think av it." she added, voice soft.

"Its fine dear." He said to her slowly before he stroked his fingers gently along up to her cheek then back down to her shoulder. Laughing he gently nibbled along her neck then down over to her shoulder.

Hawk hugged him lightly reaching down to stroke his cheek. It was on the tip of her tongue to say something more but she was silent still, simply enjoying the quiet with him "Do I taste good then?" she asked after a few moments a small smile on her face.

"Just say it..or I can find it out for myself..no secrets." He said to her slowly as he stroked his fingers along her stomach and hugged her tightly to himself. "Yes, you taste exquisite." He said as he nibbled her cheek then her lips softly before he nuzzled his nose to hers with a smile.

Back
Top Bottom