Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Home is where the Black is (Anansi and Sorrow.)

"Oh..no I meant with a p, you know the kind that cripple ships and then take em to add to their..oh yeah thats what we used to call you lot." He said with a slight nod before he sat back in a chair. "Fine fine lets run." He said with a soft laugh.

"It was War, we did what we had to do, at least ye gave us a badass name." she murmured, and scowled, the engines roaring as they gained speed.

"We also used you for a number of experiments and sold you into slavery." He said with a slight nod. "It was rather profitable." He said with a slow nod and a soft laugh.

"Do ye have an asshole switch ye just randomly turn on at times?" she snapped, knuckles going white as she thought of the people she had known in the war, those that had disappeared "I mean its not to say the Browncoats didnae do heinous things in the past and even now, but that's over and done for me, I just want to stay out av the Alliance's way and keep you from them too." she muttered, tersely flying and concentrating on the ship behind them.

"I can't change who I am, if you want me to, I can give you the ship and leave, maybe you'll find the man you want somewhere out there." He snapped back without so much as a hesitation before he placed his hands behind his head. "You did worse, much worse, I should know, I destroyed one of your bases after one of your groups harvested my sister's organs. You always get so terse and angry over things in the past, well thats fine, you can live there, and I can live in the present and somewhere away from you if I'm such an asshole."

Hawk flinched and her eyes darkened, as she bit her tongue before she said something she'd regret. "I wasnae asking ye te change, just the past does make me tetchy, and I never agreed with alot of the things we did I was a pilot, I blew up cities, ships full of lives ended in an eyeblink." she muttered, eyes haunted "And ye are an asshole, I'm a bitch, so what? We aren't perfect, even if the Alliance tried te make ye so. Even if I get snappy I'm glad av it." she stated, with a shrug.

"Yes, you didn't say that, but part of you wanted to, that's why you hesitated. Yes, I know what you did, in fact your squadron killed my only friend while he was in a regeneration chamber." He said slowly. "Saw what you want, you long ago dealt the worse blow to me you ever could, I'm over it so be honest." He replied simply as he crossed his legs. "Physically, I am perfect, no imperfections besides the scars, everything at the height of genetic progress." He said slowly to her. "Theoretically I could switch to my other personality." He said with a nod.

"I didnae know it was ye're friend, but killing a bunch of folk that couldnae defend themselves makes me sick still, and I'm sorry, I pay for all I did in bad dreams and scars and I'll never stop paying for it." she stated, grim now, looking tired. "Physical doesnae matter, it's emotional and mental I worry about, and what would that other persona be?" she asked, watching their radar screen.

"Psychologists called him Mr. Perfect, adaptable to a fault, really it wasn't a personality so much as it was a tool. I could infiltrate a base by being literally someone you couldn't help but like, issue is it has no offensive or defensive capabilities." HE said slowly wit ha slight nod. "I killed up close usually, I remember the face of every single one..I sleep like a baby." He said with a slight shrug. "Its a matter of belief in cause."

Hawk nodded, mouth tight as a uncomfortable uneasiness filled the air "How convenient." she muttered and it really was to have a soldier that could infiltrate and kill so easily without being detected, or suffering from any moral trauma afterwards. "Belief in cause, that's what sent me to War and many others, after awhile ye learn that some ideals are false." she stated, frowning they still hadn't shaken the ship.

"Hey we all had our purposes, I mean when I mentioned I passed you I didn't mention I spent a night going through your camp, stealing plans and such. I could have killed all of you." He said easily before he stood and stretched. "I'm going to go take a shower, tell me if we win." He said gesturing at the ship easily before he stood and walked away.

"Ye could have I'd like te know why ye didnae one day." she replied and nodded "I'll holler if I get myself shot." she commented, concentrating fully on the pursuer now.

"I was sleeping with your squadron leader, she left to take a shower I stole data, time management, I mean I would have had to kill her first then systematically make my way around the base. Cept she had a rather pervy second in command who used to listen to us having sex and he would have probably heard me kill her. " He said nonchalantly as he headed back towards the showers.

"Ye were sleeping with Saithe?!" she exclaimed, startled and bit her tongue and nodded "Hm, makes sense, go shower, let my fly alright?" she asked.

"Was that her name?" He asked jokingly slowly as he made his way back to the shower. Slowly he undressed and climbed in reminiscing as he let the water run over himself.

"Aye it was." she commented, recalling how Saithe's ship had been blown apart and the woman killed, leading Hawk to become a squadron leader. She spotted an ionized cloud ahead and made for it, hoping to lose the Alliance craft within.

Slipping back in he stretched slightly. "In any case I got her to turn on you lot. She's living rather comfortably on Osiris, had some cosmetic work done, wanted me to stay with her." He said with a slow stretch. "Alot of you that "died" were simply turn coats."

Hawk froze and blinked a bit of hurt filtering in her eyes before she shoved it away "Oh. Well that makes sense." she muttered and shook her head "Let me concentrate, we're heading into an ion cloud." she stated as the ship was enveloped by a blue-white mass.

"She wanted me to take you along too, she rather liked you, I mean we can go see her." he said with a nod. "I have Alliance friends who would love to see me again who wouldn't sell me out." He said with a slow nod. "And by friends I mean people I have extensive dossiers of blackmail evidence on."

"She did? I'm glad. I'll think on it, it's a bit of a shock te be honest." she admitted. "Ah I feel all warm and fuzzy now." she commented in lieu to his 'friends' sarcasm lacing her voice.

"Yup, some of them have children out of wedlock, secret families...some of them used to be other genders, came from poor backgrounds etc etc." He said with a slow nod.

"And people should care because? Ah never mind, let's talk after we're not in danger av bein' killed." she commented, they were still in the ion cloud.

(Total.Writer's.Block.)

(We can take a break hun no rush.)

He laughed softly as he sat and looked at her. "Or they could just you know have been patrolling the sector and then you ran raising their suspicions." he said with a laugh. "They haven't hailed us, they're probably waiting to see if we will hail them."

Back
Top Bottom