Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Home is where the Black is (Anansi and Sorrow.)

Hawk's mouth twisted and she flushed in embarrassment, looking down "Think we should hail them ourselves then?" she asked, still flying in the ion clould

"Couldn't hurt." He said simply before he tapped a few buttons. "Hello there..alliance ship." He said in a friendly jovial tone. "Attention civilian cra...wait a minute.. I know that voice." Came a shocked female voice. "That you Alice?" He asked as he looked to Hawk with a slight smirk.

"Girl I knew back when I was in the Alliance. She was technically one of my late handlers when it came to certain missions, make sure I didn't become too involved and turn tail." He said to her with a smirk. "And no we didn't have sex, she was married at the time."

Hawk bristled a bit at the word 'handler' and frowned nodding slowly "I see, so how do ye know she won't want a reunion and have ye taken back to the Alliance?" she asked, raising a brow.

"She'd be tried for treason as she was the one who basically sent me packing when she learned they were going to cut me up to try and figure out how to make more." He replied slowly. "Though if her staff gets suspicious we may have to kill them.

"Ah so I'll leave her be then." she replied, nodding, her eyes still grim "We may have to, I'll get us out av this ion cloud." she stated, piloting them free from the blue cloud and hiss of sound.

"You're not going to get all jealous? She's rather pretty." He said slowly as he pulled her close. "I mean she's got none of your appeal to me I want you to know that." He said slowly to her before kissing her neck softly. "Its like sleeping with the closest thing I've had to a mother, which turns her on but unnerves me...so when she asks we are married, happily." He said with a nod.

"There is jealousy, yes." Hawk admitted with a rueful smile and hugged him back "There's also the worry that since she's with the Alliance she may try something, I still don't trust the lot av them. But I'll pass the message of our joyful nuptials on." she replied with a faint smile.

"Mmm you are the first and the last." He said as he kissed her softly his lips slipping slowly from hers rather than breaking off curtly. "Mmm and she won't try anything." He said before laughing till he heard the unmistakable sounds of gunfire from beyond the airlock soon after the two ships connected.

She relaxed and drank in the kiss, returning it as slowly as he did and nodded "And if she does? I'll shoot her in the face." she stated and then frowned as the sound of gunfire reached her "And we spoke te soon." she muttered, holding her sun as she headed to the airlock, peering out the window.

He stepped forward and sighed. "Its probably no.." his words were cut short when he saw her standing over three bodies all of them face up clutching various wounds to mortal spots "Well" He added with a shrug.

Looking to him she smiled broadly. "Mmm theres my little boy." She said slowly. Pushing back her auburn hair she laughed, a hearty deep laugh that creased her somewhat older face, she was easily in her mid thirties yet had a sort of youthful cheer to her. Her lips were naturally a deep pink her eyes a bottle green and her figure's curves were barely contained within her uniform. Slipping forward she smirked. "gonna give momma a ki...oh who's this young lady?" She asked as she quirked her brow.

Hawk raised a brow "Mighty nice shooting." she mused quietly, thinking that the woman had sense at least to not use the idiotic sonic weapons most of the Alliance coveted. Her eyes swept over the woman and she frowned faintly thinking that in the way of looks both of them could pass for cousins. That was a mite odd. "Hawk Firestone. His pilot. Ex-Browncoat actually. Oh and I'm his wife." she stated with a damned arching smirk, unable to help herself.

Her express turned to one of veiled annoyance as her eyes quickly swept over the young woman. She smirked slightly before she stepped in and hooked a finger beneath his chin. "Married without your mum's blessing, what a naughty boy I have." She said slowly before she looked to her. "You're lovely dear." She said as she pressed out her chest slightly. "A nice slight frame." She added with a somewhat simpering smile before she turned back to him. "Now, to get my kiss." She said as she leaned in to him.

"Well I couldn't wait till I ran into you again, and I'm in love." He replied to her statement before he sighed and shook his head. This was how it always was, her showing off her chest in comparison to others. Leaning back he quickly gave her his cheek as she tried for the kiss before he laughed and pulled back slightly then stood slipping over to Hawk.

"I had had the impression that he had flown from the nest as was free te live his own life." Hawk stated innocently, not batting an eye as the woman thrust out her chest, showing off her more curvaceous frame, that simpering smile making her want to punch the newcomer in the face. She eased a bit as Xeno spoke and relaxed, taking his hand "It was a private affair, just me, him and a Shepard, nice and simple." she commented.

"I see...well dear lets see how long you can last." She said with a slight nod before she sighed softly. "Well my boy this is the ship you got with all that money you had?" She asked him slowly as she looked about. "Doesn't even look like you upgraded or modified it." She added while she walked along running her fingers along the walls. "Mmm why not come over to my ship? I've got plenty of room." She said as she gestured to the now dead crew members behind her.

He smiled softly and gently squeezed her hand gently stroking his fingers along her palm them tightening his grip about her hand leaning in to peck Hawk's cheek. "Its not a matter of disrespect, it was a matter of I met a girl that I was in love with and I wanted to spend my life with her." He said slowly now looking down slightly like a child unsure of how to answer.

"Oh I'm quite confident that I'll last a good stretch av time, after all there's so much that marital life can offer." she commented, liking the woman less and less. That dropped further as the ship was maligned and Hawk bristled lightly,she loved this ship, knew nearly every corner of it and bit her tongue to keep herself from snapping at the woman "We've plenty av room here, but thanks anyway." she added, looking over at Xeno and noted the uncertainty, giving a mental sigh as she squeezed his hand in moral support "Surely him marrying and being happy isnae a sign av him disrespecting ye, I woulndae know but ye sound less like a mother and more like a jealous lover." she stated, and mentally winced, her mouth had run away with her again.

"Mmm well we will see how long you last if indeed you do." She said with a sigh before she turned and looked down to the bodies. "I've done far more for Xeno than a little girl like you could possibly offer and frankly no, I'm not a lover, the boy's never had the nerve to enter my bed, though lord knows I've tried." She added with a slight grin. "I hold out hope though, I've seen his body, it would be more than to my liking once he is left by you, or you die, or run off..like all the others." She finished before she leaned down and slowly lifted a body with a single hand her arm barely flexing under the weight. "Care to help Momma Xeno?" She asked.

He sighed at the lover comment. "It wouldn't have been proper, you were in a position where it would have made things awkward." He said to her before he shifted forward slipping his hand from Hawk's grasp to grab the two other bodies.

"Well I'm not in that position now am I?" She replied before blowing him a kiss.

"I have a wife, and someday a family now, lets not do this...either of you." He said as he looked from her to Hawk.

"I look forwards te it, I plan to reach a lifetime." she commented, stiffening at being called a little girl and raised a brow "I'm sure ye have, but he's grown past that, he doesnae need a mother anymore, much less a cougar." she stated, unsettled by her more then she could say. "I willnae leave, or run off. I'd storm an Alliance hold to get him back, ye're petty comments won't chase me off. So, why don't we be mature about this? I'm Xeno's wife, and it's still awkward." she asked, arms folded.

He placed the bodies into the chute leading to the airlock before he turned and looked to her. "Look she's right, how about we just let it go, she's my wife now, and I'm happy with her." He said slowly before he nodded.

She flashed him a grin and nodded. "Yes, oh how the pretty little bird sings." She simply said.

His eyes slipped out of focus and his jaw became slack as he heard her speak. He simply slumped not quite enough to collapse but enough to be obviously not in the moment.

"Now, little girl, lets here the truth." She said as she drew her weapon quickly and pointed it at Hawk's chest. "You can try to shoot me, you can try to dodge, but if you do this packs more than enough of a punch to put a shot through that window behind you thus depressurizing your ship and killing us all." She said simply. "I want to know the truth, how did you nab my little Xeno...was it his programming or was it something else?"

(That whore! I knew she'd try something!)

Hawk was about to open her mouth and agree when the woman spoke and Xeno went limp. Her face flushed and her body tense, a cold light kindling in her eyes as she drew her gun and pointed it between the woman's eyes. Listening she held her gun in place, but didn't let the safety off as she raised a brow "Something else. We were partnered for over two years, he's saved my life and I saved his. I also nabbed him from the clutches of an little Alliance bitch not to long ago. We fell in love, both lost our idiotic fear and admitted it and are happy, for the first time in years. I'm not going to let ye, or anyone else take that. So, bring Xeno back, leave and never bother us again. Ye've lost him, he's not yours and he won't be yours again." she stated, voice level and calm. "If you take him, I will hunt you down. If you come back and try to meddle I'll kill ye on sight. I will die to make sure he lives and is away from you and anyone else that want's him for their own twisted gain. Is that enough truth for ye?" she asked, raising her brow, the calm, laconic pilot gone, the cold soldier was in charge now.

"You seem to think any of that matters to me." She said slowly. "You can shoot me, but the thing of it is you'll never get him back, you'll just have a husk of a man...although a gorgeous husk." She said to her slowly. "Now, I will explain to you how it works. He is mine at the end of the day, you're just some other girl, you're no the first. I've wiped his mind clean in the past after some floozy got tired or tried to turn him in? Do you know what his living bounty in darling? Its more than enough to buy a small planet. He is a gorgeous darling boy and I won't let some slag like you run about with him leading him on. You love him? You claim you love him, yet I don't see it in your eyes when you look at him some of the time, and especially the way you ran. You're going to get him killed if you keep hot heading around like that..or is that your goal?"

Hawk's jaw tensed as the woman spoke, and it was an effort to keep her temper and not gun her down. "Ye think I'd leave him, or turn him in? I don't care about money, no matter how high the gorram bounty is. Xeno's able te make his own choice, and he has." she stated, eyes flicking to the side momentarily as the shield she always wore dropped and the anxiety and love as well as fury she felt mingled on her face, before looking the woman dead in the eyes. "I admit that I was an idiot in trying to run, my grudge against the Alliance is one av my largest flaws. I'd sooner shoot myself, then let him get killed." she replied, firm honesty in every word.

"You don't know what love for him is, you've never seen what he really is, what he can become. You've never held him in your arms after he's turned into that...creature, you don't even know anything about him. His original name, what is inside of that scattered mind of his. How long will this last what you have? A month, a year, a day longer?" She asked her slowly as she began to pace and tilted her head back with a slightly simpering grin. "He may begin to fall apart, break down, forgetting weeks at a time, it will be like having to start your relationship all over again, each and every time, can you handle something like that? I gave up my relationship with him to keep him from that, I sacrificed my love...for that." She added bitterly her eyes narrowing on her. "We could have had a family, children, we could have been..so perfect." She added a tear now running from her eye. "But...I had to fix him...I couldn't just leave him broken...I had to fix him..and in doing so lose the man I loved...over..and over...and over..its why I finally sent him off..away from the life. He didn't deserve to live so hard...I tried to fine tune it...but parts were always missing...parts that I wanted to keep. Our wedding, our honeymoon..." She said with some level of finality before she pulled out a chain from her pocket and at the end of it hung a ring. "You haven't loved him anywhere near as much as I have...how dare you lay claim to him."

The woman listened and slowly pity sank in as she listened, but she kept it from her face, watching the ring spin and catch its own light. For a few long moment she imagined that life, having to relieve memories over and over again to keep Xeno from forgetting her entirely. It hurt exquisitely until that faded and all she wanted to do was try anyway. "But I have claimed him. And I'll be the one to hold him when he breaks down, to learn all I can about him, see everything inside his mind that was broken. I'll be with him for as long as I can, even if he forgets my name and I have to keep letting him find me again. I don't want perfection, I don't want the sheltered life on a planet with the perfect man. I may not have loved him as much as ye, but I will one day,and I want to have that change, no matter what." she stated, watching the woman calmly, voice soft and steady.

Back
Top Bottom