Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

R.I.P StormWolfsong/Sarieta

Caleb Raines

Super-Earth
It saddens me to write this but a former member of this site who's account I recently requested be deleted because I was aware there was little chance she would be able to return has now passed on. A few weeks ago she ended up having health problems show up without warning, from there, she only worsened ending up in a coma. A few days ago my wife and I had to decide to pull the plug on her life support because we promised our friend years ago that we wouldn't keep her on machines if it looked as though she would remain in a vegetative state. We kept with her request of the time we'd give to see if there was improvement and there was none.

Within two hours after the machines were removed she died and we then had to plan and have her funeral. My wife has since been attempting to write something up that she will probably post here to explain what Storm meant to us. Before anyone decides to look up the name online, let me first say Storm borrowed a friends name for her writing on forums with permission, her real name wasn't Storm anything. In fact, her real name was Tereasa but our friend Storm Wolfsong also writes and since she said she would never use her own name on forums she gave Tereasa permission to use any mix she wanted.

Tereasa will be missed, she was not only a good friend, she was a good aunt to my children, a loved godmother to my son, a wonderful writer and an advocate for survivors of abuse. Despite everything that life threw at her she always looked ahead with hope.

In order to always keep track of her writing, the links to the things she wrote are:

Easing Her Nightmares

Fully Operational

Fully Functional

Waiting In The Dark

To Lick A God

His Personal Secretary

Kaylee's Debauchery

Claiming Daddy's Girl

The following two were her favorites at the end there:

Caught Being Bold

Time To Wake Up

For those that never had the chance to know Tereasa there were many things about her that touched the lives of others. She was the type of person even growing up with little that would give her last dollar to a stranger so they could get something to eat. She was known for working with the community she grew up doing fundraisers, cooking meals for inmates who were on work release, spending time volunteering in rehab centers.

She was a survivor of both child and adult abuses but she still had such a warm and open heart, giving of herself to others completely. When she loved someone she loved them with all she was. It was hard to ever make her an enemy. She was a talented writer, singer, caregiver and would spend hours sitting by the ocean and wishing she could draw the things in her mind.

She always thought that unity could be found in life if people would stop judging people based on skin, religion and all. She would defend anyone that she felt was treated wrong, even to the risk of her own life if it came down to it.

When she was suffering from hypothermia after being outside in below zero weather, rather than worrying about herself, she spent hours tending other people who suffered frostbite and hypothermia even to the extent of being told if not for her care a couple of people would have lost limbs or lives.

She never had the chance to be a mother, but there are many that got to know the warmth and love she would have shared with her own children if she had the chance.

At her funeral people shared stories of her and my husband and I were able to learn even more about her than we had known.

We learned that in high school she was told by a teacher not to talk when she was actually using sign language to talk with the deaf and the group she was talking to laughed with her. We learned that when a racist teacher began talking down to a shy Puerto Rican girl, she threatened the teacher’s life and job among other things because the injustice angered her.

We read poems she wrote when she was younger that she thought were lost, that people she gave copies to when in high school had actually kept. We heard about some of her first starts at writing books and how she used to write character profiles with limited basis on people she knew and wanted reminders for the rest of her life.

It was there were heard about how she volunteered at a rehab starting when she was fifteen and continuing until she was seventeen when she worked in the same place as a housekeeper.

My children will always remember her as Auntie ReRe.

I will always remember her as my soul sister, a woman that brought light into the lives of those that she grew close to.

Every time she logged into this site and had a response, she smiled. When she had a partner that talked to her in an ooc capacity about life and showed understanding, she would share how she felt comfortable. Everyone that made her feel like she had a writing home here will forever have my gratitude. Writing was always one of her greatest joys.

I just wanted to publicly state my condolences to those who were touched by Storm both in the daily life and here on the forums. She'll be a missed member of the community. I'm just glad we can pull together as a community and show true, genuine support for those who are now coping in the aftermath and are in need of us to lean on in some way. We are here for you and hope Storm's memory lives on. She'll certainly be remembered.

*much hugs and positivity*
DA.

My condolences, and I wish the both of you a healthy healing process of this unexpected death.
I am here if anyone needs a shoulder to cry on.

Thank you both, my husband and I couldn't be more grateful to this community where Tereasa (Storm) found a writing home and where we also found a place to write and share. I know that she would always feel fond of this site and the people she had come to know while here. I've updated my first post here with what I was working on. Right now, my husband is home with our daughter and my son is with his cousin while I visit my brother and sister-in-law. The children are having it as rough as we are but my husband as always has been my rock and I am grateful we also have this community to look forward to.

Thank you for sharing these stories about Storm along with sharing the links to her RPs here on site. Her account might be deleted, but her co-written stories remain. Like I said, she's a part of the community despite having passed on and the beauty of the forums is that what's been typed out stays for others to see and share in--a wonderful thing, truly. She most definitely will be remembered and we're all here to pull together as needed. Just goes to show how great a community such as BMR can be. Honestly, the people that make up this place are wonderful and I think what we're seeing here is proof of that. Again, thank you for sharing and my condolences for the loss. We are all here.

*more hugs and positivity*
DA.

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss, I genuinely am. I was hoping and praying that she would have pulled through. I only ever knew Storm here on this site as a roleplaying partner, but I wish I could have had the chance to know her in real-life too.

Again, I'm so sorry for your loss and offer you my deepest condolences.

She seemed really nice. Wished I'd known her better. Such a shame, truly. My prayers go to those who knew her better than I.

My condolences on the loss of a wonderful soul. I'm glad she had good friends to walk through life with. Thank you for sharing her story with us.

~Traveler

Thank you for your wishes, we all appreciate the thoughtfulness of all those here on this board that have shown such a great amount of support.

Back
Top Bottom