Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Soul Eater Ultimate (MysteriousD & GuardianAngel)

"As for why everyone is here, it is not just checking up on everyone. Asura's awakening may have failed and while Medusa's whereabouts are unknown, that does not mean we need to let our guard down. Asura was not the only ancient terror around and I predict that further trouble will arise," Lord Death explained to everyone.

"What do you mean, Lord Death?" Justin asked. "After the return of Medusa, I've been investigating the potential return of Arachne. After all, the last time we were all together was with the incident with Shaula Gorgon," Death explained and the mood darkened. Shaula Gorgon... the youngest of the Gorgon sisters. Her, Medusa and Arachne were very troublesome, even amongst their fellow witches. She was slain only a few years ago.

"With Medusa having revealed her true colors, how long before Arachne herself rises up?" Death noted in thought. "Justin, given her last sightings in Europe, that will likely be her location," he noted.

"Indeed. My father noted that the two of you would introduce them to the Death Scythes and tour the school," Kid explained to them as he was leading them. "Last time the Death Scythes were here was only a few years prior. I believe this was only a couple years ago and I believe both of you were out of the city when it happened," Kid explained. "It was true, wasn't it? It was a witch," Diego asked.

"Indeed. I would not be surprised if Death Scythe told Maka already, but it was indeed one, Shaula Gorgon," Kid explained. "Medusa's sister I reckon?" Diego noted.

Nova was looking over towards Lord Death at the mention of Shaula Gorgon. Ah yeah she remembered that incident, that hadn't been very fun to deal with either. Although the mention of Arachne actually had her frowning a little bit. No that definitely wasn't a good thing at all. While Medusa was strong, Arachne seemed to be on a whole different level most of the time.

"There is a chance that despite her rising up.... she probably won't get involved. At least not right away." Nova mused after a moment in time. Given what she knew about the woman. No she had the feeling that before Arachne did anything, she would probably end up going after BREW. A powerful demon weapon that it seemed like most wanted to obtain once they had learned about it.

With that she was looking off into the distance for a brief moment in time. Just listening to the rest of the conversation, although for the most part she was going quiet. Actually it was going to be quite problematic for her as well if Arachne did show up. Majorly problematic, and it could risk her own secret being revealed. Yet again, even if it was, she was sure that she was safe enough. Lord Death trusted her, which was definitely saying something.

Maka was giving a nod before she spoke, "That is true." After that she was heading off after him so that they could get inside, and she was listening to mention of the last time that they had all gathered. Shaula Gorgon. The younger sister of Medusa. Yeah Maka may not have been there for that, but she most definitely remember hearing about it.

"Arachne has been missing for centuries. Had the Kishin escaped, his Madness likely would've awakened her. As such, while the likelihood of her remaining unconscious is high, we must still have our guard up, especially if Medusa escaped," Shinigami explained to Nova while everyone nodded and taking notes.

"However, beyond that, that is all. Do please remember to keep your visage up. Some last notes are that we have captured the immortal Werewolf known as Free along with the Witch, Eruka Frog. The latter has been cooperating, albeit reluctantly. Though, she remains in good spirits in that she is no longer under threat by Medusa," Lord Death elaborated. "We are wondering if we may be able to use the Werewolf as leverage given his possession of the Grand Witch Mabaa's left eye," Stein notes out.

"Well, with those two gone, that just leaves Arachne around," Diego mentions as he is walking. "Regardless, she is still perhaps the most dangerous witch around," Kid notes while leading them. "Why do witches do the whole thing?" he could not help but ask Kid.

"Father once told me about the Pull of Magic. How witches and sorcerers have an instinct for destruction; he says this instinct is a result of all of their magic at their disposal," Kid explains.

Diego looks quiet before snorting in disbelief. "Well, I am not going to doubt Lord Death, but that just sounds that the witches and sorcerers are all just irresponsible. I know the saying of "power corrupts", but everyone makes the choice. I mean, I get that if you have the powers to mess with the "natural order" of things since infancy, you'll probably get a big head, but that does not justify anything. There will always be someone stronger than you and it's all on you how you deal with things. If you just get jollies from screwing with others, then that's pretty lacking as a life," Diego could not help but rant. He did blush at the tangent and how it got Kid to stop.

"I never considered it like that. In the same way, I guess it is much like my own need for perfection and symmetry, yet we all change and we all make choices on how we handle those drives," Kid said as he continued to walk, sending a smile to Diego while having a thoughtful look on his face.

Nova just listened although she didn't say much of anything. While Arachne was a powerful witch, there were stronger witches out there. And shockingly enough some of those witches, such as Nova herself, wasn't all that interested in destroying the world. Yet despite that fact, the number of evil witches compared to the number of good witches gave all the witches a bad name.

"There shouldn't be too much of a problem with Eruka now that she isn't under Medusa's control. She is probably one of those few witches that you could leave on their own and they wouldn't do anything." Nova commented after a moment in time. Like the little witch Angela, she was left on her own most of the time. She was a child and wasn't perceived as a threat at all, and those that did try to attack her well... her guardian wasn't that easy to get through. The swordsman Mizune.

Maka was looking toward Diego before she spoke, "I disagree with that, that witches and sorcerers have an instinct for destruction. I don't think that all witches are bad, but the amount of the bad outweighs the good and they are all perceived as evil." With that she continued along until they had arrived at Lord Death's office, just as Crona seemed to be getting brought up.

Nova was looking towards Lord Death for a brief moment in time before she spoke, "Also pertaining to an old conversation prior to my leaving years ago, Spirit and Stein I know know of it. I do agree that the rest of the staff have the right to know." To know what exactly? That she was a witch. She didn't want it to be discovered later on and everybody decided that she couldn't be trusted. At least now if she told others, then at least she had others that would attest that she wasn't a threat at all.

"Actually, she has been responsible for a few attacks on human areas, but enough so that it would not be large enough to warrant massive investigations," Stein told her with a bit of a look. "As such, that is why she would still be under close watch," he added to her.

"Really, we're just waiting for Maka and Diego to arrive with the Demon Swordsman Crona," Stein finalized. "Yeah. Maka's got a way of being able to help people out," Spirit said with parental pride. Stein allowed a rare smile onto his face. "Much like yourself, sempai," he complimented his weapon partner and long time friend.

"Well, Eruka Frog herself mentioned the Pull Of Magic during an earlier interrogation session," Kid noted to Maka. "In fact, the term was also used by a good witch as you would put it, Maka," Kid added.

However, he paused and open the doors to reveal Crona over in Lord Death's office, at least the normal one. Not the strange desert-like dimension. Crona, who had been focusing on a stress ball perked up on seeing Maka and Diego.

"it is your decision if you wish to tell everyone, Nova," Lord Death said to her. He trusted his staff. They were all open-minded professionals after all.

Nova was listening before she spoke, "If anything, I can talk to Eruka, convince her to stop." She was giving a faint shrug then looked over when the door opened and soon enough Diego and Maka were walking in. This had her chuckling before she spoke, "Mind as well, considering whenever Arachne does show up.... She'll end up saying something."

She was walking towards Crona for a moment in time before she was kneeling down. "Huh I do know you. I met you once when you were very little. Your mother had brought you to one of the witches meetings." she spoke in a gentle voice before she was looking towards the others, just studying that of Kid, Maka, and Diego.

"There are such a thing as good witches. I happen to be one of them. Noveau, the Phoenix Witch." Nova spoke after a moment in time, getting to her feet once again before she was looking towards Lord Death fully, and was commenting that she would most definitely be happy to help keep an eye on Crona. The child seemed sweet.

Stein looked skeptical and so did Spirit though not as much before he turned and saw Maka, Diego and Crona enter. Crona looked surprised that Nova would recognize her. Kid went over to be in front of his father, because of symmetry.

Nova's announcement caught a few others by surprise though others not as much. "Yeah, I kinda figured that," Tezca noted while Enrique chuckled. "I kinda reflected your soul for a bit to figure it out," the Death Mirror said over to her. "Also, in retrospect, it does make sense why Lord Death would select you to become the nurse despite the fact that you only have a bachelor's degree in medicine rather than being a fully certified doctor and or nurse," Asuka said bluntly before Marie gave her a faint chop to the head.

"Do not be worried. Nova is a good person and she has been studying medical texts," Lord Death noted to them all. Crona still looked very worried and nervous though seem to be a bit more comfortable around Maka and Diego.

"You're a witch?!" a new voice said before Ragnarok popped out of Crona... looking much less impressive. "EEH?! What happened?" he shouted. "Lord Death took all the innocents you ate," Diego said before Ragnarok realized he was surrounded by powerful figures. His eye twitched before he hid behind Crona, or rather looking like trying to use their head as a shield.

"Miss uh Nova... could you be kind enough to let us see your soul?" Diego asked Nova.

Nova was giving a faint chuckle before she spoke, "With my animal theme being rather unique, healing comes more easily to me than most." And had she actually gone to get more than just her bachelor's degree, she was certain that would have gotten farther. But she hadn't, it had been a waste of time in her eyes. Especially with her natural abilities.

She was looking towards Ragnarok for a moment in time before she spoke, "Ragnarok, the Demon Sword. And yes I am a witch, just as I am a meister. At least I was a meister." Although she wasn't going to go into any more detail than that. Nope those were still fresh wounds she didn't want to reopen.

Eyes were flickering towards Diego when he was asking to see her soul, which had her giving a shrug. Why not. This had her taking off her soul protect so that her soul could be seen. It looked like fire wrapped around her, with what appeared to be feathery wings wrapped around it.

"Yes, I would imagine so. But having the knowledge and skill to perform things such as surgery, tests and other important trials are necessary. Especially if using your magic would tire you out faster," Asuka told her in her natural analytical style. "She admittingly has a point," Stein added, not exactly liking to admit that the Queen of Committee Chairman was right.

No one said anything on her comment on being a meister. They all got the message.

When it revealed her soul, they could see the magic. Her soul was fiery and feathery. However, it was also pretty calm, compared to the mildly more frantic and negative vibes one would get from the magic from an average witch's soul.

"You've got a good soul," Diego told her with a smile. Crona meanwhile was looking at the woman curiously.

"W-who is she?" Crona asked.

"Oh trust me I do know all of that. I've done my research. I've spent a very long time studying medical texts. I don't rely on my magic for healing, unless it is for something simple, or to assist with something. But otherwise, I do have those necessary skills. I'm more versed in the world of medicine than that of Medusa." Nova spoke after a moment in time.

After they had seen her soul she was wrapping herself in soul protect once again, least somebody else catch sight of that soul at that point in time. "Not all witches are bad, although the bad outweighs the good sadly." she spoke before looking towards Crona.

"My name is Noveau, or as preferred to be called Nova. And I am a Witch that had been once apart of the Witch Order, but broke away from it, wanting nothing to do with it." Nova spoke before she was looking towards Crona with a gentle smile.

"A lot of them just like to break things from what I saw," Crona said after a moment of thought. "Some break things like buildings, but I heard one witch say because she does not have a lot of things, she breaks hearts instead," Crona added after a bit of thought. Diego did look a little surprised on hearing how much Crona said, though hearing them talk more about the witches from their experience certainly added more information.

"Well, I'm sure you will be a magnificent nurse, Miss Nova. Welcome back," Diego told her with a smile as he shook her hand, trying to be friendly and polite.

Crona stood close to Maka. "Maka is Crona's first friend... and that makes me second," he explained to Nova.

Nova looked over for a moment in time before she spoke, "Oh I understand. I know the witch society more than you know. One of the reasons that I left. And made sure to show them that in the future, I was going to be one of their enemies. I wasn't going to allow them to continue what they were doing. Not without paying some kind of price." With that she was looking over towards Diego when he was mentioning that he was sure that she would be a magnificent nurse.

She looked towards Crona before she spoke, "And I have no intent to ruin any friendships. They are good to have. One should always build up strong friendships." With that she was looking towards Lord Death before she spoke, "I know you didn't want this mentioned at all, especially around children to avoid questions. But I have the feeling the children won't say anything. The moment Arachne is able to.... I have the feeling that she is going to go after BREW."

"Well, the DWMA has been around for a while and they still haven't gotten the point," Diego commented on Nova said in regards to her opposing the witches. Granted, maybe diplomacy would not be out of the window if there was a common enemy or a way to get them all to talk on equal grounds..

"Hmmm... yes. That actually does remind me. While Asura was ultimately stopped from being awakened, the threat cannot be ignored, especially since Medusa might still be around," Lord Death noted as he bent in thought. "Arachne is a very powerful witch. The oldest of the Gorgon sisters... and the one who created the Demon Weapons centuries ago. So heinous were her experiments, she was hunted down by witches and my forces alike," Lord Death noted, surprising them all.

"Guess that explains why Medusa stuck me in Crona. To try and one up her," Ragnarok snarked in his own opinion. One that Diego did not exactly thing was entirely wrong.

"But yes, we should look into securing BREW into the near future," Lord Death noted before looking. "I believe that should be all unless you have other concerns, Nova," Lord Death asked her.

Nova just listened to everything that was being said before she spoke, "Oh I promise that Medusa is still around. She doesn't fall that easily. I'm sure after her "defeat" she hid her soul, took to snake form, and slithered off to hide away." With that she was giving a faint shrug before looking over towards Ragnarok when the demon sword made his comment. Nope she didn't entirely disagree with that statement as well.

How she remember Arachne. Had known her once upon a time, had been a "friend" of hers once upon a time. Although not anymore. There was no being allies with somebody like her anymore. Her attention shifted towards Lord Death before she was shaking her head then spoke, "Nope. If you'll excuse me though, I'm going to go explore and reacquaint myself with the school."

With that she was giving a small bow before she was turning and heading out of the room, although paused for a moment before she looked back, "It is nice to meet you Crona. If you ever need somebody to talk to, I'm always available. I do hope that we can become friends as well." There was a smile on her lips and then she was disappearing from out of sight.

"ARGH! I should've tried and slurped up her serpent soul when I could, but I guess I thought I could've burned her," Diego cursed privately before looking at Maka, wondering what the reaction of his partner would be of Medusa still being around to cause trouble.

"I wonder how she knows of Arachne. If Lord Death is right, it's been literal centuries since anyone has heard of her," Diego commented. "Probably because of infamy," Ragnarok commented.

Crona managed to give a smile and wave back. "Well, speaking of, perhaps the two of you can give Nova a tour alongside with Crona," Lord Death suggested to them.

Nova could hear Ragnarok as she walked away and just commented with a grin, "The Phoneix is the bird of resurrection. Who is to say that I haven't been around far longer than one thinks." Something to make them ponder in think on as she was turning and skipping off down the hallway. Yeah she still hadn't changed from how she had been in school, still more on the childish side.

Maka was just watching for a moment before she was looking towards Lord Death as he was commenting that perhaps they could give the pair a tour. This had her giving a nod then spoke, "Sure, I would love to show them around."

Was she pleased that Medusa was still possibly alive? Nope she was absolutely annoyed with that fact, but at the same time there wasn't much that could be done then and there. Nope, but she was gong to keep a close eye out for her soul, now that she knew what it looked like.

"So you're an old geezer of a woman then," Ragnarok could not help but comment over to Nova before Diego just sighed in annoyance at the mouthy weapon before nodding.

"All right then, follow us, Ms Nova," Diego told them with a smile before he followed Maka to go and give a nice grand tour of the entire DWMA. It was a pretty nice tour, showing off the various classrooms, lecture halls along with some of the other things one would expect a supernatural school to have. Beyond that, it was just letting Nova get acquainted while also making sure that Crona was doing all right in looking around.

"It's soo bright," Crona could not help but comment as they admired the bright sun and dried land, causing Diego to smile, quickly viewing them as a younger sibling.

"Something on your mind, Maka?" Diego asked his partner.

Nova just looked back towards Ragnarok for a moment before she spoke, "I can hate you all I want." After that she was following after Maka, who had walked out ahead of them. Although the school hadn't changed much since Nova had been there last, which was a bit of relief.

Maka was looking over towards Diego before she spoke, "Just worried what the future will bring. Especially with Medusa still out and about, and possibly running the risk of colliding with Arachne."

Ragnarok just respoded by blowing a raspberry followed by Crona meekly apologizing to Nova over Ragnarok's behavior. The tour continued on as normal and Diego was looking more in analyzing and examining over the new school nurse. She definitely was mroe trustworthy than Medusa was.

"We will have to face them... but we'll do it together. The two of us and our friends," Diego told Maka with a smile as he gently squeezed her hand.

Nova was just giving a shrug before she spoke, "In a way, Ragnarok kind of reminds me of my own weapon when he was around. He was a jokester, made even the most gloomy of moods seem a lot lighter. He would find a way to brighten the mood." After that she was giving a smile before she was walking away from the group a bit, to go and gaze out a window since they were still in the building. Examine the surroundings. Still as beautiful as always.

Maka looked towards Diego for a moment in time before she was speaking with a light smile, "Yeah you are right." She was squeezing his hand back lightly, although was letting go as Black Star was running over, and about tackling Diego. She was guessing that he was wanting to try and partner up with Diego again. That had been a thing recently, since Maka had managed to use Tsubaki briefly in the battle against Free.

Crona meanwhile was just watching over the window and standing beside Nova. No one said anything in response of wha Nova said, getting the implications of what she said. Diego meanwhile could not help but squeeze Maka's hand subconsciously, unable to fanthom the thought of him losing Maka. His friend. His partner. The girl who was taking more and more of his heart.

However, his train of thought was paused when he was tackled by Black*Star. "Really Black*Star?"" Diego noted as he was put into a headlock by his friend. He knew why though. During the tense awkward period between him and Maka during the fight with Free, she wielded Tsumaki in her chain sickle form briefly. She was pretty okay with her.

"Fine... let's see then," Diego resigned before he transformed into his scythe form and Black*Star grabbed him. "Augh, it's hot... holy hell," Black*Star noted as he began swinging Diego around. He was actually pretty good and having more strength and technique made him a sight to use Diego in a slgihtly unorthodox matter, but as they synched up some more, Black*Star had to drop him.

"Okay... looks like I can handle you pretty well, but, I think you need to get checked out, because you're burning hot," he commented. "I think it's just mroe something on emotions," Diego commented before looking to Maka. "All right Maka, let's see you take the heat," he asked.

Maka just watched what was happening between the two guys, standing back by that of Tsubaki, Nova, and Crona. Crona seemed to almost be confused by what was going on, although the three ladies were just watching. Tsubaki and Maka weren't at all surprised that the pair were trying this. It wasn't the first time and they highly doubted that it was going to be the last time.

Nova was just leaning against a wall watching the pair with a raised eyebrow. It wasn't often that a meister could use another's weapon. You had to have a certain soul and even wavelength to be able to do that. Or she had meet a couple of weapons that refused to have a meister, and could easily match their wavelength to whoever was using them.

"And how did that seem like a good idea?" Maka questioned after a moment in time, before she was giving a slight shake of her head, especially after watching Black Star drop Diego. Then Diego was commenting to see her take the heat which had her speaking, "We have to finish showing these two around before it gets dark." No she wasn't getting involved in that. Besides they already knew that she could take the heat, the only time that she had dropped Diego other than when they had first started off was when they had been fighting Free. When they synchronization was all off due to everything that had been going on.

"Well, if something happened to you, someone needs to be able to wield Diego," Black*Star responded over to what Maka said with his arms crossed.

"You almost finished though," Black*Star pointed out before Crona lifted their hand to see as if they wanted to say something. "I actually do wanna see you wield him. That time... something was different," Crona noted and even Ragnarok popped out.

"Crona, you're actually right. All righty girly. Wield your weapon and resonate your soul. Because what both of you did seems out of the ordinary," Raganrok suggested.

Diego looked to Maka if she was up to it.

Maka looked towards them for a brief moment in time before she spoke, "It wasn't anything major. I remember talking to Diego and there was a strange imp. Then all of a sudden all around me there was darkness." This had Nova looking for a brief moment in time before she was actually turning her attention towards Crona's soul. Listening to Maka mention that, had her realizing that she had noticed something different about Crona's soul.

Black Blood. So Medusa had actually succeeded in her experiments. If it was what she was thinking anyways. There weren't many details that she actually knew about it, just what she had discovered a number of years ago. She may or may not have snagged one of Medusa's journals and it had mentioned it. Was she overly sorry about it? Not really. It was a journal that had been rather important to Medusa. Information she had managed to gather about the death scythes. Couldn't have a maniac running around with that kind of information, now could you?

Maka was just holding out her hand then spoke, "Hurry up. I want to show them around so I can go and have lunch with my father." Just the pair of them, for the first time in a while. Nobody else around, not even their partners.

"I'm not referring to your Black Blood, girly. I'm referring to how your soul was when you synched with him," Ragnarok said annoyingly as he pointed to Diego. Diego looked a little surprised at what Ragnarok was saying. What imp was Maka talking about? Was it the one his dark self consumed back when he first got the Black Blood?

Diego nodded and turned into his scythe form. It was black as always with the golden Mesoamerican styled markings. When he began synnching his Soul with Maka though... the other him did not appear. The Black Blood was not activating. Here, without madness, instead there was fire and heat.

"Woah..." Black*Star said. Maka's rather small soul began swelling with size and flames began appearing around her. It was like raw emotional energy.

Back
Top Bottom