Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Soul Eater Ultimate (MysteriousD & GuardianAngel)

MysteriousD

Star Fudge
Everything hurt. That was how Diego Vendrix felt as he was lying down on the bed of the medical room over at Shibusen.

He was a young man of average height for his age, though he looked shorter because of his stocky frame and admittingly somewhat chubby appearance, though he has been working that off. He was only in a hospital garb along with bandages around him his torso... from being sliced.

He was a weapon... a Scythe to be exact and thus, he ended up being paired up with Maka Albarn. They... had trouble getting along. Sure, both were intelligent and could keep up with one another, but he did not like how she talked about her dad, Spirit. It started small, with him making comments and then it became spats. He pointed out her mother's absence in her general life even before the divorce and the lack of any substantial evidence Spirit cheated nor the suspicious lack of anything on Maka's mother's part on it.

She usually try and Maka chop him, but he'd either dodge or block it. It was nuts.

But... she was his friend. The first real person beyond family to care about him.

And for a friendless dork like him... it meant everything to him.

Enough to where when they were facing off against that kishin wannabe Crona... he took a blade to the chest. He remained conscious enough to see Spirit and Stein go and chase them off along with one he thought was a witch before blacking out.

He awoke, slowly and in pain, wondering why it felt like his head was filled with a faint echo of a cackle. His glasses were on the table so his brown eyes could be seen. They matched well his black eyes...

Though even without them, he could see the blurry figure of his meister.

It felt like time had been ticking by at a very slow pace for even Maka Albarn as she was in the hospital room with the young man that was laying on the bed. Even now she was blaming herself for the fact that he had gotten hurt, it had been her fault. Every since he had gotten hurt she had been internally punishing herself, as if that would somehow help in the end.

Not that it did actually help him whatsoever, and she was certain that he would probably be more than a little upset that she was blaming herself. Nobody was to blame for what happened. They had gotten into a fight with an opponent that was far more than what that had expected. And they had lost. If anything they were both at fault for thinking that they could take that Crona person on. Crona and his strange weapon, Ragnarok.

Had Spirit and Stein not shown up when they had, who knows what would have happened. They had chased Crona off and then had gotten Diego out of there. Maka had ended up just freezing up after seeing Diego fall, and that wouldn't have helped any at all either.

Now she was still in the hospital room with her weapon, although at some point in time, waiting for him to wake up, she had ended up dozing off next to him. While she was sitting in the chair she had her arms resting on the bed, using those as a pillow.

Something did end up waking her up though which had her sitting up, rubbing the sleep out of her eyes. Although this is when she noticed that Diego seemed to be awake as well.

"You're awake." the light brown haired female breathed after a moment in time. There was a look of grief in her eyes but that quickly changed to more relief. She was glad to see that her weapon was finally awake. No she wouldn't say that he was alright, because he definitely wasn't. But he was awake. That was definitely good.

"Y-yeah," Diego said as he was struggling to sit up. He still felt the intense pain over on his gut from the intense slice as well as the fact that he had gotten stitched up. Though he also found he healed remarkably quickly, though he was unsure as if why. He looked over to Maka... he was relieved that she was okay. She must have been waiting for him to wake up. They fought alot, but they were still partners after all.

"Sorry for keeping you worried," he said as he managed to sit-up as best he could. He put on his glasses and sighed. He figured Black Star, Tsubaki, Death the Kid and the Thompson sisters were worried about him. Their little circle of friends. He sighed, still feeling pretty tired.

"I'm glad you're all right," Diego added as he looked at his meister. They had bickered a bit, even while they were riding Diego's scooter over to the Cathedral where that meister and weapon duo were. They were outclassed to say the least. Their weird vibroattacks pierced his defense and they maintain only some sort of defense because Diego practiced sneak attacks with a scythe.

However, then they nearly sliced Maka and Diego took the hit.

But he was surviving. He looked at his partner and it seemed like alot of those arguments did not much now anymore.

Maka just moved a bit so that he could sit up before she was taking to helping him sit up, getting the pillows situated so that he could lean against them. The fact that he was in pain had an ache pass through her as well. She just gave a nod of her head and spoke, "Yeah I'm alright. Professor Stein had good timing with showing up."

The rest of their group of friends was worried about him, although at that point in time they were allowed in the room at all. Death the Kid would have been having a small meltdown about the bandages if he saw that they weren't even, Black Star would just being super noisy or possibly trying to brag about how something like that would have never happened to him. Patty would probably be trying to poke at Diego, to try and see the wound. Who knew about Liz and Tsubaki, honestly probably the only other two that Maka would allow in that at that point in time.

"I'm sorry, Diego. I feel like it is my fault you got hurt. If I had frozen up.... More like if I hadn't insisted we check it out." Maka spoke and just gave a small headshake. No she had seen the strange aura, she should have been able to tell from that they were outclassed. By just that simple aura. But even then.... they had both kind of wanted to prove themselves. Which had resulted in one of them ending up in the hospital.

"Yeah, it was good timing," Diego said to her before a bit of a quiet had gone through. This definitely was a game changer and it showed how much Diego needed to work, for his partner and for the world. He would not call them cocky, but both wanted to prove themselves and go in over their heads to say the least.

Meanwhile, he turned to see the nurse who had come in. He had gotten a bad vibe for some reason. It was Dr. Medusa. For some reason though, ever since his first day here, he did not trust her. Something about her made him uneasy... he did knot know what. Regardless though, he sighed once more.

"It was my fault. I should've gotten us to bail out or something. But playing the blame game won't get us anywhere. So sorry... about everything," he said, noting about the arguments and such they've been having since they were partnered up.

Maka was giving a sigh before she spoke, "I guess we just need to get stronger." He was right when he had said that the blame game wasn't going to get them anyways. They were both at fault for getting into a fight with a stronger opponent. No there was only one thing that they needed to do at that point in time. Get stronger. Well work on getting stronger after Diego was all healed up.

It seemed like Dr. Medusa had come in as well, which just had Maka looking over for a brief period of time although she didn't say anything to the woman. No she was like Diego. There was something about that woman that she didn't trust. And the fact that she couldn't really get a read on her aura either put Maka on edge as well. There were rare few people that she couldn't sense their soul. A witch with protect on was one of them.

Diego looked at Maka with a worried look. He knew that she had a tendency to beat herself up when things went wrong. He knew because he was kinda the same way. He also noted her eyes were red, likely crying over him. No one really outside his family cried for him. He went back to relaxing as he saw Dr. Medusa looking over him and she was very much your standard school nurse.

Normally, no one would think twice about her, though Diego had shared with Maka that something about the woman just did not sit well with him. It was an indicator of their bond that she took him seriously and began being a bit more wary around her. Regardless, they needed to spend time to recover.

"I'll be out of here before you know it," Diego said to his partner with a smile as he rested his head back on his pillow. Meanwhile, both Spirit and Stein had been listening from the outside. Stein had a vague interest in Diego, namely for being a scythe that had an elemental affinity, in his case, fire. Elemental affinities were uncommon, but not of unheard of in weapons. Jaqueline as a lantern and Harvard as a lightning spear explained that though Diego was more esoteric there.

Diego's hand went out to reach Maka's and gave it a gentle squeeze to reassure her.

Maka looked towards her partner for a brief moment in time before giving a nod of her head before she spoke, "Yeah." No she wasn't going to beat herself up over it any more, at least she wasn't going to try to and blame herself any more. Nope while he was recovering she was going to focus on her own healing, school work, and getting stronger herself. She needed to be able to defend Diego if it ever came to that. She couldn't always rely on him to protect her, since obviously there would come a time when the opposite would need to occur.

"I should probably get going. I have a test to study for, and it would be nice to sleep in my own bed. I'll come and visit before class tomorrow, and after. Also the others have been bugging me all evening to see you." Maka spoke after a moment in time. She had told the others that they couldn't visit him, but that is only because she had wanted him to be able to sleep. But if he was okay with them coming in and visiting for a bit, then she would let them know. If not then they could wait.

Maka was aware that Spirit was outside of the room, only because she had spotted his soul briefly. She had been looking more at the souls around her, especially after seeing the soul that Crona had. It was a bit different than usual. Although in one way she almost felt bad for Crona, it had seemed as though he hadn't wanted to attack them at all, but Ragnarok had obviously been the one in control.

"See you later, Maka," Diego told her with a smile before he saw her go off. He relaxed into his pillow as he fell asleep...

"So... we finally meet," a voice said in Diego's head. Diego turned to see where he was. It was a room. A rather snazzy room with jazz being played. It was a rather odd looking room. On one side it was rather eccentric. A mix of the occult and nerdy hobbies that defined Diego along with the black, red and gold and Mesoamerican styles that defined his pride in being Mexican-American along with his viewpoints. Yet on the other side, it was dark. Cold, dark and one where Diego felt a sense of dread.

Then someone came out... a being that Diego gave form to before he arrived in the DWMA.

He looked like Diego though also not. He did not look right. It was like a drawing where the coloring was off by a bit and the details were not done correctly. A crude facsimile yet also much darker and horrific. Raw and angry... Diego knew what it could be. It was him. The part of him he did not want to confront. The embodiment of every bit of anger, hatred, and nearly other negative emotion he had brought about by his lonely childhood. Yet here, the thing that was him yet not also was dressed in a suit. One nicer looking than the one Diego had and it seemed like this him had changed.

"The circumstances are different than I expected after all... Then again, the presence of something new awoke me. Woke us up," he said. "What are you talking about?" Diego asked. "You'll find that out later. But this thing between us will end at some point or another. You kept me locked up and put away for a long time, but now the game is. I did not have to break out. Something else broke walls and I took advantage. We've always been different... unique, and madness would never change that," he said. Diego looked at the thing, what was likely his Jungian shadow.

It sat down on the sofa. "Are we in control or not? We're gonna have to find out, but you cannot keep it all bottled away," it said as it laid back. Diego sighed, trying his best to ignore this despite having his weaknesses be prodded by himself. Nothing new there though.

"She's bad news... that Medusa... she ain't who she says she is," his other self said. "Why are you telling me?" Diego asked before he stepped out. "We're the same. I'm bad and I'm mad, but I'm not stupid. We've always been smart and we have our desires. And we want not to be messed with. That means your foes have always been mine. Witches, kishin eggs, whatever other monsters exist... They're in our way. And nothing gets in our way. Not even madness," he says.

"How's he doing?" Spirit asked Maka as he walked his daughter over to have lunch. She'd been treating him a little differently since she partnered with Diego and while he did think he was ultimately all right, he did note his daughter was thinking a lot more and looking like she was at a loss for words.

Maka had eventually left the room only to discover that her father was in fact standing outside of the room, with doctor Stein as well it seemed. And to imagine there use to be a time when her father refused to be around Stein. Yet given their history, one couldn't really blame him.

"He is awake." was all she said. That was all she could really say. He looked like he was doing alright, other than being in pain, but who knew if that was the actual truth. Nobody could tell what was going on in the minds of others. And at that point, while she wanted to know, she didn't think that her knowing how he was truly doing was going to get her anywhere. Not that day anyways. She was still in the self blame mode.

Maka was just giving a slight shake of her head before she spoke, "I feel like I'm at fault for this happening. If I hadn't frozen up.... or if I had thought logically before deciding to head in that general direction." She should have known that they were going to fail... she had seen the soul. That was enough to tell her that the opponent was stronger than they were at the current point in time.

"We are just glad that you and Stein arrived when you had. Which begs the question, how did you guys know that we were in trouble?" Maka questioned as she looked at her father. She hadn't even thought that they had been anywhere near by at the time.

Spirit looked concern for his daughter. She was his world and while he saw her down before, this was definitely something a lot more. He put his hand on her shoulder, a gesture that she was not alone. That she had her Papa with her if she needed to talk to him. "Well, you did do your jobs to take care of the problem there. Both of you just had the misfortune of encountering someone like them," Spirit told her, reminding her they went originally to stop some troublemakers and where Maka even had Diego save them when Crona appeared, something they managed to do.

"Couple weeks ago, Stein had been tracking the Demon Sword Ragnarok for Lord Death. The day after you left to head there, Stein found out what was going on and we took the professional transportation to get there. You and Diego did very well," he said, complimenting his daughter.

"Come on, I'll treat you to dinner," he said over to Maka.

Days past and a fair bit happened, such as Black Star getting his first soul with Tsubaki and unlocking the Uncanny Sword ability while growing closer to Kid after their Excalibur hunt turned out to be... less than fruitful.

Not much else happened though Diego remembered seeing Maka utterly freeze upon seeing the scar across his tummy. Diego was a bit sensitive being like that in front of Maka, but it was more because of his weight than anything. Sure he can only be described as mildly chubby at most now, but when he was younger, he was pretty fat, noted by the stretch marks still there.

Maka looked towards her father for a moment in time before she was giving a nod then spoke, "Dinner sounds good." Yeah being around Diego had helped in the long run with the relationship with her father. They had a relationship now. She would actually talk to him, unlike how it use to be when she would just completely ignore him, wanting nothing to do with him.

A number of days had gone and a number of things had happened. Black Star and Tsubaki had unlocked a new ability, the relationship with Kid had gotten stronger. The sword hunt for Excalibur had been... well it hadn't gone how they had expected. Honestly Excalibur was a lot different from how even Maka would have imagined him. Small white thing.... rather annoying to say the least. Very annoying more like it.

Seeing Diego's scar for the first time had resulted in Maka freezing up a bit, and that feeling of guilt returning once again up seeing it. But she kept telling herself that she had to push past it, that she had to continue to tell herself that it wasn't her fault. They hadn't known. They couldn't have known.

"How are you feeling today?" Maka questioned her partner as she sat in the hospital room, after the Doctor had done her usual checks of his injury. Hopefully he would get officially discharged from the hospital later that day, but who knew. It all depended on what the doctor said.

"I'm getting out today," Diego told Maka with a smile. He was being let out today so he could go home with her and celebrate with her. However, he also noted the concerned look on her face. How she tried to divert her eyes from his scar. "Maka..." Diego began saying before he removed his shirt and placed her on his scar. "It's gonna be okay. Whatever happens, happens. We'll get through it together, okay partner?" Diego tells her with a determined and optimistic conviction.

And indeed, after about half an hour more or less, Diego was able to get his things and head back to the apartment that he and Maka called home on the time. "We should celebrate after all. Wanna order some pizza and invite everyone?" Diego asked her with a smile as they were walking back over to the apartment. It was about a little past noon after all so they had plenty of time to celebrate and do stuff together," he said to her with a smile on his face.

Maka was giving a smile before she spoke, "That is good to hear." She did attempt to look away from the scar, although it didn't always work out. Every time she looked at it, she felt guilty. But his words, they helped push that guilt away. "Yeah... you're right." she spoke before replacing that concerned look with a soft smile. Nope not the time to be moping around! It was time to start cheering up, or at least attempting to.

And that cheering up could happen within the next half an hour, and Maka was helping Diego get his stuff together so that they could walk back to their apartment. "Oh yes, I agree!" she cheered at the mention of celebrating, and inviting everybody over. Black Star, Tsubaki, Kid, the Thompson sister, more than likely Blair, Stein, and Spirit. Pizza, have some drinks, just talk and catch up on everything.

Since everything had happened, Maka had ended up withdrawing a bit. Even when she had been in class, without Diego around it had felt almost awkward. She hadn't really been sure what to do. Her constant companion wasn't around. Heck even Black Star had been a lot less crazy than usual, probably because without Diego being around, he couldn't randomly challenge them to a fight.

Diego did blush briefly upon the fact that he placed her soft hand on his chest. While he was a very huggy person and even admitted to Maka as such, he's never really hugged her all that much despite being by her side for a while. He wondered what the reasons for that could be, but he could not help but wonder if it was because he feared she would be uncomfortable with him hugging her a lot.

However, he snapped out of his musings as she supported his idea of hosting a get-together of their friends. "Home sweet home," Diego noted as he arrived back over to their apartment. "Hey Blair," Diego nodded over to the woman/cat that lived with them. Blair was... complicated. She certainly was sultry and very attractive and while she did disarm Diego for a bit, he got used to her. Part of it was that before he moved here, he was like your normal teenage boy who had his needs and read a fair bit of hentai and such. He definitely stopped when he joined up with Maka and he got used to Blair.

He did wonder if his suppression of his... base desires did lend to his spats with Maka.

"Well, I reckon, Black Star, Tsubaki, Kid, and the Thompson sisters will come," Diego noted before he saw Blair nodded. He liked having Blair around and not just because she was an attractive woman, but she was a good listener. She was certainly more understanding than Maka could be when it came to those sort of wants. Diego did remember the one time he rendered her gobsmacked and that was with his... unorthodox favor of having Blair spend time with Maka.

Diego had the feeling that Maka no longer having her mother in her life affected her... though he then learned that Maka was always a daddy's girl and while Maka idolized her mother, the pictures, memories and so on revealed that Kami Albarn tended to work a lot and be absent from the house. As such, he got the feeling that Maka never really got real girl time and so he asked Blair to do so. She was pretty surprised, but she did accept, which is why on occasion, Blair ropes Maka into going out with her. Diego smiled at seeing Maka being surprised, but he did note that she never minded the outings.

He felt his scar ache for a moment. He had a feeling something may happen today...

"Evening Blair!" Maka spoke cheerfully as she walked into the house which had the purple haired cat woman that was in there smiling before she was purring, "Welcome home!"

Maka still remembered when they had first encountered Blair, thinking that she was a witch. That she would be that final soul that they needed, only to discover that she wasn't actually a witch. Just somebody with magic. Kind of upsetting and after that point she had just started to hang around. There had been a few spats between them all, but eventually Blair had grown on them all. She was apart of their group now, and was actually highly useful. Not to mention, not that Maka would truly admit to this, she did enjoy having another female around, an older female nonetheless. Sure there was Tsubaki and the Thompson sisters, and the other girls at school, but they were all around her own age.

"Well I suppose we should get the pizza ordered and start inviting people." Maka commented after a moment in time, which had Blair offering to help as well. She could go out and let their friends know what was going on. Gave her the excuse to get out of the house, maybe even get a present for the other two as well. Yet again... last time she had been asked to get a present for somebody was by Spirit after Maka had gotten top in the exams. Blair had kind of spent the money on herself, buying herself a new lingerie set, but had given it to Maka, like it was from Spirit.

That had been an awkward situation for a bit, and Blair had kind of shyed away from it, not really wanting to try and explain it. But even then she did finally end up explaining what had happened, that it had been her fault.

"All right then," Diego said with a smile as he began looking through the phone book so they could go and see where to get pizza from. Death City was a large and cosmopolitan place to live, so they had plenty of choices for places to go to and food. Especially since a lot of retired meisters and weapons end up here for their own businesses or start families.

While Blair went over to walk around and let everyone know what was going on, Diego placed the order for the pizza to be delivered. He ordered about four boxes of pepperoni, namely knowing that it would be about seven people coming and any of the leftovers could be kept or given to the other tenants.

"Well, Blair is getting everyone and I ordered the pizzas so not much longer. Do we have any refreshments?" Diego asked Maka with a smile as he went over to check the fridge to see what they had. One thing he admired about Maka was her insistence on proper eating habits and he expressed this gratitiude a multitude of times since it kept him in pretty good health.

Maka just watched as Blair was leaving to go and track down the others, and get them invited while Diego was taking to order the pizza. Four boxes of pepperoni, that would definitely be enough, hopefully anyways. "We should probably make sure that everything in order so that Kid doesn't have to much of a spaz out." she spoke after a moment in time. The young grim reaper and everything needing to be perfectly even. A strange quirk of his, but at the same time Maka had grown so use to it that she had decided that he wasn't Kid if he didn't have that quirk. She would probably think he was an impersonator if he didn't have one of his strange moments.

Soon enough her attention was turning towards Diego when he was asking if they had refreshments. This had her pausing for a moment before she spoke, "We have a few but... I'll run to the store to get some more. We don't have enough for everybody." And it was nice to have more than enough so that people could have more than one drink, if they so desired. And if there was extras, oh well. Either Diego and Maka would drink it, or it would be saved for the next get together.

"Yeah, I informed them that. Apparently, all the restaurants here know how to do things for Death the Kid. Like square pizzas," Diego explained to Maka with a smile on his face. The young shinigami was certainly... eccentric to say the least. Despite that, he ended up befriending him along with everyone else. They forged their camaraderie together.

"Yeah. My guess would be like flavored soda water or something. Everyone here knows how to take care of themselves," Diego tells her with a smile as he got up to stretch. "Besides that, I think everything should be good. Though do we have a fair bit of time," he added.

Though it seems time seems to go by and before they knew it, everyone began coming in. Spirit and Stein could not make it and so at around the afternoon, the group was celebrating and spending time together with pizza and refreshments.

"Well that is good to know that they know how to handle that then." Maka chuckled after a moment in time before she was giving a wave so that she could leave and run to get them something to drink for the evening. In the end she had just settled on the flavored soda water, since it was easiest to deal with, and she knew that the others liked it.

The time seemed to go by quickly since Diego had been released, and they had decided that they were going to have a celebration. The pizza had arrived around the same time that everybody started to arrive, wonderful timing. Maka had thrown on some music and grabbed out some paper plates if anybody wanted to use one so that they didn't end up making a mess.

Maka listened to Black Star tell them about their adventure to go after Excalibur, and telling them about what a Star he had been. Tsubaki was telling him to just calm down a bit, and not get to ahead of himself. Their pairing was something that at first Maka had seen falling apart, especially with their personalities so different. But they worked out well, they kept each other in line.

Diego had been laughing throughout the whole time. Being pretty friendless as a kid, he loved whatever times he could spend time with everyone that did not involve hunting criminals, kishin eggs or other monstrous peoples. He had been laughing about Excalibur, which caused him and Death to get a very certain look on their faces. He did wonder how the weapon was like. On the one hand, Kid and Black Star did have some exaggerating tendencies, but on the other hand, they both did not usually agree on stuff, at least back then.

He still wanted to meet the sword himself.

"Well, cheers for our successes and our future triumphs!" Diego cheered as he raised his glass of soda water and seeing everyone did the same. However, something was up. He sensed something...

He turned to Maka. She would be able to sense it... far away, Eruka and one of the Mizune sisters went to confront Medusa, having removed their Soul Protect, exposing themselves as witches.

Maka was laughing along with the rest of the group, and just listening to everybody talk about everything that had been going on recently. Everything was calm and peaceful at that point in time, which seemed to be an almost rare thing lately with everything that had been going on. On top of if you were a meister trying to make a death scythe. You had to obtain 99 souls, and then a witch's soul, and getting a witch's soul seemed to be far easier said than done. Maka and Diego had gotten close, and that was exactly who they had ended up meeting Blair. A monster cat with strong magical abilities.

She was raising her glass to cheer with the rest, although it was around this time that the witches were removing their soul protect. She was sensing this and actually standing up, going over to the window. Two witches had just revealed themselves it seemed, to minor and less powerful witches it seemed like, but witches nonetheless.

The others seemed a bit confused about her all of a sudden getting up and moving, most of the time seeming to forget that she was somebody who could sense souls as well. And she seemed to sense it before Kid had, and he was able to sense them as well, yet half the time it seemed like he ignored it. "Two witches." was all she said.

Diego's soul sensing capabilities were not as sharp as Maka's though namely, it was because he did not hone them. Granted, he did grow up as a normal person before the accident that turned him into a weapon and did not show much of being a meister otherwise. However, his heritage did include more than a few shamans in his ancestry, so that probably gave him sharper soul senses.

As such, when he picked it up and seeing Maka move, he began moving. "Two witches revealed themselves! We're going to get someone!" Diego told the group before he went to follow Maka. They went over to the school and bolted to where the scene was. However, by the time they got there with Stein, the witches were gone and standing there was a rather nervous looking Medusa. Diego heard her explain there were some witches here after her and she was trying to stall them in the hopes that one of the staff would come.

For some reason, Diego did not buy that explanation, but he still showed relief nonetheless.

Unknown to them all, Medusa has been attacked by a Mizune sister and Eruka Frog. Despite their claims on having cornered her, she used her snake familiars to kill the Mizune and proceeded to threaten Eruka. By now, Eruka had been tracked down and now being coerced by Eruka to help with her scheme.

"Whatever happens, we'll find the witches and we'll stop em. Right, Maka?" Diego told her with a smile. Stein watched interaction with a smile. "I'd like the both of you to come see tomorrow," he told them when Maka would answer Diego.

Maka was looking towards Diego as he was getting to his feet as well and soon enough they were bolting off. First thing, getting somebody to take with them to see what was going on. Stein happened to be the first teacher that they could find, but by the time they had even gotten there, it seemed like the witches were gone. The only being that was there was that of Doctor Medusa.

She looked nervous, and all Maka could do was listen to her explanation about the witches, but she was just like Diego, she didn't buy it at all. But thankfully she wasn't going to actually say anything, because she didn't want to woman to get suspicious of them or anything like that. Nope, Maka wanted to try and keep her distance from this woman as much as she possibly could.

"Yeah. We'll find them, and stop them." Maka spoke in a confident voice, and was giving a nod of her head as well. No she wasn't going to allow the witches to torment their home for long, she was going to fight back against them. She was looking towards Stein as he was stating that he wanted them to come and see him tomorrow, which had her giving a nod of her head. "Any specific time?" she questioned.

Diego looked to Maka and smile. Their relationship, up until then, consisted of bickering and spatting, but they changed one another and he wanted to be with her... no, not just that. Diego recalled that the other him and what embodied... what may be there... was that he was actually falling for Maka. He had no real friends until now and here we had a pretty girl being nice to him. They butted heads often, but a connection of trust was there. One Diego treasured and did not want to lose. Yet fear and insecurity were also there.

Diego knew Maka was not crushing on anyone. Hell, she was the one least talking about sex or romance. Hence why he had to hide it away... He remembered asking her and how she remarked they were still pretty young all things considered. They were only teenagers after all. Diego just chuckled alongside but felt the pang of pain. Maka was a prim and proper young lady and he was just a hormonal goofball.

He sighed and hoped that he would never be pushed to admit it...

And now, Diego lamented his words. It was now Sunday and Stein had told them what they needed to do. They needed to bring up the other's faults with one another.

Back
Top Bottom