Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Soul Eater Ultimate (MysteriousD & GuardianAngel)

"You're the meister, you should know," Diego responded quietly as they were facing Free. However, at that comment, Diego's handle grew too hot for Maka to handle. Diego's scythe form was black. The blade itself was also black, but with a gold pattern on it. It was a square one familiar from Mesoamerican symbology and indeed, with an Aztec sun icon over at where connecting the blade to the scythe.

Tsubaki commented on it. How it was their souls out of sync. "You guys just disgust me," Free said as he bashed Maka around before Diego turned into his human form and tried to stab Free. He did, but noticed the wound was not bleeding

"Nice try kid. I'm immortal," Free said before he grabbed Diego with his hand and began squeezing his hand. "you're probably the least impressive of them," Free commented.

"Better... than some... cowardly... werewolf... someone so pathetic... they need to cause violence to ignore their issues," Diego says as he tried to force the werewolf's grasp on his neck.

Maka gave a sigh before she spoke, "I'm asking for some advice." Although soon after the comments that handle was actually growing to hot for her to actually hold onto and she ended up dropping him on the ground. Damn they were out of sync, which definitely wasn't going to get them anywhere at all, especially not when fighting an enemy.

She was bashed around a bit before Diego was taking to his human form and was attempting to stab to werewolf, while she was pushing herself up and wiping away a bit of blood on her lip. She was looking over towards Tsubaki as she was offering to become her weapon temporarily, but even that wasn't going to help Maka beat the wolfman, that wasn't going to help whatsoever.

No she had to still fight, but it had to be with her own weapon. That was what she knew how to use best, and that meant fighting even if her continued to hurt her. "Diego!" she yelled as she got up and was running forward and was actually commanding him to take to his weapon form again. No she would fight through that pain, she would make it work. She wasn't going to allow this damn immortal to beat them!

Tsubaki was yelling at them. To take one another in consideration. Diego had managed to get the Wolfman to let him go and he was trying to catch his breath. He did what Maka told and changed back to his scythe and when she would grab him, it would still be hot, but now also Diego grunted in pain.

"You're not weak... you're better than me. In fact... I was always scared that you partnered with me because I was the only scythe around," Diego confessed to Maka, taking a breath and being honest with her, as if he was recommended.

"We're a team... right?" Diego asked her, uncertainty and fear in his eyes. All while he heard him... the voice of his other self. He remained quiet until now, but now he heard of the promise of freedom from fear through power and madness.

Yeah it was still hot and it still burned her hands but she fought against it anyways, she tried to ignore it. No she wasn't going to give in now, and she was going to fight back....no they were going to fight back. "Right now is not the time to talk about that! Right now what happened earlier isn't important, that can be discussed later. Right now we need to work as a team, to take down this immortal." Maka breathed after a moment in time.

Yeah she was listening to Tsubaki yell and was skidding back a bit when the wolfman actually managed to hit them, but just tightened her grip on the scythe.

"Yeah I want to grow stronger but.... in order for me to grow stronger, you also have to grow stronger. But in order to do that, we need to do it together." Maka spoke after a moment in time. "I want to grow stronger with you Diego." she spoke as she was focusing on her own soul, getting everything to calm down. No they needed to get their souls back into sync.

Diego calmed down and the heat died down... "Heat... fire... It's funny. You've always been the calm one whenever I get really mad and so on. You're calm, methodical and studious while I've always been passionate, burning and emotional. We're partners... cannot hold anything back from one another," Diego said to her before he began synching his soul with hers.

"I've been denying you... but... if you are part of me, but different. I will need to walk a bit more," Diego confessed.

And when they souls synched, the heat grew hotter and Maka would feel like her soul was surrounded by fire. Diego was trying to control himself, trying to keep himself from being overwhelmed. "I can do this... no... we can do this!!" Diego said as his scythe transformed into a fiery scythe edge. He felt her Anti-Demon Wavelength...

Meanwhile, Maka would feel initially like she would be overwhelmed by Diego's soul yet when that died... she felt heat. Fire. Passion. Emotion. She was feeling to fire that ran through Diego's core, his soul.

Their souls were merging together although it felt a lot different from usual. Something seemed a lot different than usual, she felt like she was going to be swallowed whole by Diego's soul. And for a brief period of time that almost seemed to frightened her, and had her wondering exactly what was going on.

But even as their souls were resonating, the rate was slowly increasing, and something quite different was happening. Diego seemed to almost be changing forms to something else. A scythemeister technique of lore known as Witch Hunter. Something that she had never been able to pull off, not for their lack of trying until this point in time.

This actually had her shifting and tightening her grip a little bit before she was running towards the wolfman. No they were going to take him down, they were going to eliminate him, or at least attempt to anyways.

It was Witch Hunter... the fabled technique yet it was different. It was burning and fiery and powerful. Free would try and block it... before yelping in pain as the fire began burning. In fact, Maka would feel the heat... the fire was coming from Diego. It was his passion, his drive, his fire...

Would Maka be afraid of the fire... of the heat... of the passion of her meister or would she go with the flow? "We're stronger together! Don't mess with us!" Diego shouted as the tail was burning more. Maka would need to push a bit more.

"The hell are you, kid?!" Free shouted as he would notice his ice nearby was melting a bit.

Maka found the fire to be different, and yeah she was slightly afraid of it, probably because she wasn't quite sure what it was. But at that point in time she was just going with the flow as she pushed back against Free.

"I am the Scythemeister Maka, and this is my weapon, Diego. And we are going to take you down." was all Maka said as she was managing to back away and was swinging at the werewolf again.

Free howled as he got hit and was slammed back. He tried catching his footing and summoning an ice pillar, but it began melting from the result of heat from the fires of Diego.

Free then knocks over Diego from her hands and as Diego transforms back into human, Free looks to him. "Fine! Let's see how you are when I get rid of him!" Free says as he made a move to extend his claws to try and stab Diego while they were beginning to fall...

Maka was a bit startled when the man actually managed to knock Diego out of her hands, which had her moving to snag him up again, although it didn't work so well, especially when her partner ended up turning human again. "Diego!" Maka screamed and was running forward when she saw what the werewolf was about to do, which had her actually pushing Diego out of the way of the claws.

"Fine! I'll stab Little Red Riding Hood!" Free said with a smirk as he managed to land a blow on her side... And then stuff happened. Diego nearly went berserk and Maka would see his soul literally flare up in anger to try and stab Free...

Only for Free to have his arm sliced off by a shuriken, courtesy of Black Star. Diego grabbed Maka before he went and stabbed a pillar of the bridge to stop their fall. "Are you okay?! How badly are you hurt?" Diego asked her, his face full of concern and worry for her. Because he cared about her... so much. He held her in one arm before using his other to grab the chain Tsubaki Black Star made to pull them up.

Maka had been expecting that to happen although there wasn't much room to move at that point in time, although it was a blow to the side. Nothing as bad as what could have happened to Diego if she hadn't shoved him aside. But god damn did it hurt. She was watching her partner's soul flare up and watched as he went to try and stab Free.

Not that he was able to when a shuriken came out of nowhere and was slicing off the werewolves arm. Well seemed like Black Star was awake again. She had been wondering when he was going to be with it again. "A scratch. I'll be fine." Maka spoke after a moment in time, although she did have a hand to her side at that point in time. Nope she didn't know how bad it actually was, she didn't want to look. Not at that point in time anyways. She would do that once they were up on the bridge again.

When they were up, Diego embraced her tightly. For the longest time, he refrained from hugging her, possibly because he feared bothering her, yet he did not care right now. He was so damn happy his meister was okay. His breathing lowered and the others came to check up on her. "Your hands... looks like I'll be cooking for us," Diego says with a shaky grin as he looks relieved before he looked over to her wounds.

"Come on! We gotta get going," Black Star said to them. Diego removed Maka's hands and were looking over them with concern. He helped her up and began taking her there. Part of him wanting to grab her hand... yet he refused... due to fear of hurting her hands.

Maka didn't seem to be bothered by the fact that Diego was holding her at that point in time. No she actually felt a lot safer at that point in time, and the pain that she had been feeling seemed to be nothing. It was still there although she didn't seem to feel it at that point in time. Soon enough Black Star was stating that they had to go while Diego had removed the gloves that Maka typically wore and was looking at her hands. Yeah they were burned, and hurt but it was the price one paid.

"Lets just get home." she spoke after a moment in time before she was falling into step next to her partner. No they could talk more when they got back, or got on the plane.

"Yeah," Diego told her with a soft smile. They would talk more, though he had no idea what to say or do in regards to this. Especially since he went over to confess to her how he felt about her. He remained quiet with a soft blush on his face as they boarded the plane.

"I'm really glad that you're okay and you're my partner," Diego told her, breaking the silence. He looked nervous... then again, he always was nervous because he was scared at heights.

Maka looked towards him before she spoke "Other than being in a little pain, I'm okay." And she was just trying to figure everything out. Why that sync had felt so much stranger than usual? Whatever that boost had been, had allowed them to pull of witch hunter. But it had felt almost dangerous as qell, something deeper felt dangerous. The initial feeling had been more pleasant to say the least.

She gazed put the window after they had gotten in the plane and taking off. Time to go home it seemed. At home they could talk more. She really didnt want to have that conversation with Black Star and Tsubakk sitting there. Awkward.

"You cannot hide from me forever. You cannot keep running forever," The voice in Diego's head said as he looked at the Shadow him. Diego sighed tiredly yet warily as he looked at the shadow him. Diego had fallen asleep on the plane, having relaxed considerably with Maka next to him.

"That you used... it threatens to consume you... to go crazy... and you'll hurt her too," His Shadow said with his arms crossed with a smile. "What do you want me to do?" Diego asked... "What do you want?" His Shadow asked him. "I am not like anyone else... Madness answers to us, not the other way around. We are who we are and we do it our own way," his shadow told him.

"Just what is your way"

Diego awoke with a cold sweat. The plane had landed, he was breathing deeply. He was not talking much up until they arrived back at the apartmenr where he laid down on the sofa.

Even Maka had ended up falling asleep on the plane as well, but not like it really mattered. They were safe enough at that point in time, hell even Black Star and Tsubaki had ended up deciding to nap a bit as well. There was nothing better to do at that point in time, and it gave them a few hours to regain that lost strength from the fight with the werewolf. Which hadn't been at all easy. He dished out one hell of a punch half the time, and the ice had been irritating.

Once they got back, Maka trudged along beside Diego back towards their apartment, although neither of them were really talkative at that point in time. Honestly Maka was far to exhausted to really think at that point in time, and now that she was thinking about it, she could feeling the pain from her hands. And she had actually taken the time to examine the scrape that she had gotten from Free. Not as bad as it could have been, although still painful. And she would still have to bandage it to avoid infection.

When they got back, it was just a matter of healing and getting back into some pattern or form of regular behavior. However, it was far from behavior. Diego was pretty quiet for most of the time they were together. While Maka's hands were recovering, Diego was in charge of cooking and cleaning. Plus, besides the fact that there were the big exams coming up, that was to study for.

Diego recalled what was it that Maka was saying and he did want to prove to her that he did take her considerations seriously.

As such, he was studying the best he could, though the problem was that because Diego relied on most of his natural smarts, he was not very good at memorizing or study habits. Despite that he persisted, even including trying the old falling asleep while listening to notes stuff.

Before long it was time for the exam and Diego began going. He would be doing very good, but it was when he would try and focus would he feel as if another voice was talking to him and giving him the answers... His Shadow. Being his subconsciousness, he was able to recall the answers for Diego.

"We got a 100!" Diego told her with a smile, hugging Maka when the grades were shown!

Once they got back, it was time to settle back and heal, and attempt to get back into a regular pattern. Although that was a bit easier said than done. Things were still a little awkward since everything that had happened in Stein's office, but slowly getting better. They were slowly working on everything, including handling their own faults.

Maka was attempting to be less serious all the time, although that didn't seem to be getting her anywhere. Although she was far less gloomy than what she had been in the past, and the relationship with her father was definitely stronger than what it had been as well.

Before they knew it it was time for the exams, and Maka locked herself away to study. Even offered to help Diego study as well, although he didn't have very good study habits. They weren't terrible, they just weren't the best. They were a lot better than Black Star's study habits, which had resulted in him attempting to break into Stein's office, once again to steal the answers.

"You would think Black Star would learn after the other few times he did that, not to do that." Maka commented with a small sigh before she was going over to look at the scores that were on the board. No she wasn't at all shocked to see that she was up towards the top of the list. That was the usual spot she was at, although she was giving a faint smile when she saw that Diego was there as well.

"Good job. Now, we need to work on some kind of study routine for you." she spoke before looking at Tsubaki who was looking to see where she was at. Hey she had come within the top twenty, which was definitely a good thing. And Black Star was there with Kid, Patty, and Liz with having a zero. Kid had been more focused on writing his name than answering questioned, Patty had ended up turning her test into animal origami, and Liz... well she hadn't gotten caught up with a single hair on Ox's head.

Diego still did not talk to Maka much regarding what happened in the office with Stein and it was something that affected in practice. Like Diego felt a bit heavier and not as sharp. Not to mention, he felt a bit distracted and melancholic at times. Diego noted Maka trying to be more jovial, but she would often look lost trying it. Were he in a better more stable mood, he could explain, but he was not in much of a good.

"It's good. I never needed to really study back as a kid, but then when I hit middle school, it started with pre-algebra. It became harder for me and it did not come as easy," Diego admitted when she would comment on the study routine. However, he did something to look forward to.

Eventually, it would be time for the big party of the year. The anniversary of Shibusen being founded.

Diego had been waiting for Maka to get finished. He showered first and was getting dressed since he knew she would wanna take her time. He would be a nice red dress shirt along with a black dress coat and tie, black dress pants and shoes. He wasn't really the type to get into this sort of dress, but he never got invited to parties and so he'd savor the opportunity.

Though his breath was taken away when he saw Maka enter the living room in her violet dress and white dress shoes. She looked stunning.

The next few days a bit awkward, and everybody seemed to notice that something was amiss. Especially when Maka seemed to be seen around Diego less, although at the same time she was seen more with Tsubaki and the Thompson sisters, more getting their opinion on everything. Tsubaki knew the story, although Maka hadn't been really worried about her saying anything.

Liz definitely seemed to have better advise than what Patty did about the whole aspect, and actually sounded smart when it came to talking about it. Especially when Maka was talking about the strange feeling that she had been feeling as well. Evidently that was love, not that she really knew much about that feeling. Well that kind of love anyways but for the time being she wasn't going to act on it.

Soon enough it was time for the biggest party of the year. The anniversary party. The founding of it all. A night all of the students and faculty dressed up and gathered together to dance, have fun, and just breath for a bit.

The dress that Maka had decided to wear that night was actually something that her papa had helped her pick out, after she had told him that she wanted to impress Diego. Man had be been more than happy to help her. So while Diego had been in the shower, Maka had taken to laying all of her clothes out so that after her shower she could go change and get ready. Her hair she had decided that she was going to actually do something with her hair other than her ponytails.

Once she was done with her shower and had changed into her violet dress and slid on her white shoes, she was actually letting Blair do something with her hair. Even the cat monster was going to be at the dance. Invited by Spirit and Stein.

“Y-you look beautiful,” Diego managed to say once his brain rebooted and he could finally string some words together to articulate how to best sum up how she looks. Diego’s face became red, but he had an adorable and endearing smile on his face.

“We ready to go?” Diego said with a grin, excitement filling his body as he offered his arm for Maka to take. It was going to be an unforgettable night to say the least.

Indeed, once they arrived, they’d see everyone there look nice and neat, well as neat as Black Star can be, still looking quite casual with a messy suit.

Maka looked towards him for a moment in time before she spoke, "Oh... Umm... T....Thanks." With that she was walking over to him and taking his offered arm so that they could get going to the party.

Once they arrived, Maka was smiling at everybody that was already there. Everybody looked great, and everybody seemed to be in good moods. This was the one night of the year where they felt like they didn't have to worry about anything at all. Hopefully anyways.

Blair followed after them although she ended up making her way over to where Spirit was at, nudging him a bit so that he could see how grown up his baby girl looked now.

The gala was in full swing after Black Star proceeded to try and steal Kid's thunder... with limited success. It was a wonderful time. Black Star was eating a large pile of food while laughing alongside Tsubaki. Death the Kid was trying to get Liz and Patty to dance evenly with him and it was just pretty much in full swing.

And speaking of, everyone was dancing. "Um... you wanna dance?" Diego asked Maka with a smile, wanting to dance with her. He never really danced with a girl before, but he knew the basics, namely because he danced with his cousins a little bit back in family gatherings.

Spirit meanwhile was weeping with parental joy at just how grown-up Maka was while he was also dancing with Blair. Stein meanwhile seemed like he was getting drunk.

Back
Top Bottom