Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Ghouls Dogma (1x1 with DarkMudkip)

She tensed, her entire body freezing, kagune’s tip mere centimeters from piercing his throat. She hadn’t even realized until then that her mask was gone, fallen off somewhere along the way, and now he was getting a good look at her face. Beautiful? Was he delirious? She had her kakugan still active, and she had her kagune at his throat, how was she beautiful in any way?
“What..?”

He smiled weakly, "You're beautiful...my angel of death..." His voice trailed off and his eye fell closed, falling limp against the wall.

She stared at him for a mintue, then withdrew her kagune from his neck. Moving forward, she crouched in front of him, smelling the air then frowning. He was dying; he smelled sick, but it wasn’t whatever illness he had that was killing him.
She let out a soft noise of annoyance as she stood, then turned to leave, but couldn’t bring herself to walk away. What was wrong with her? It was just a dieseased human on the verge of death, so why couldn’t she leave him there?
She let out a groan before turning to face him again. She used her kagune to gently pick him up off the ground, wrapping it around his chest and under his arms, and placing him against her back. She held onto his legs, and started running, jumping up onto the rooftops as to avoid being seen.
She kicked herself mentally the entire time she ran, scolding herself over what she was doing- whatever that was.
When she stopped, she was at the doors of the local general hospital, but she didn’t go inside. Gently placing the man on the ground in front of the doors, she stared down at him briefly, then quickly left.

When the man awoke again, he was in a hospital room, looking around in confusion. How did he get here? Why wasn't he dead? He took enough of his medication to kill a horse. So then...? He faintly remembered a teal colored spike and a hauntingly beautiful woman not far from him who wielded said spike. A ghoul? Yeah...she had those oddly entrancing red on black eyes. Did she bring him here? He managed a weak smile. She really was an angel, huh?
"Masamune!" The young man looked up at his friend who came bursting in.
"Kojurou..."
"I got the call this morning, are you insane?! Overdosing on your medication?!" Kojurou scolded. Masamune frowned softly.
"I didn't want to burden you anymore, that's all..." He replied. Kojurou sighed softly.
"I promised your father I would take care of you, and I will...you aren't a burden to me, Masamune. Please, don't ever do that again." He stated. Masamune frowned and looked out the window.
"Alright...I'm sorry..."

A Ghoul had saved his life, but why? She looked like she was ready to make a meal out of him, and yet, he ended up being transported to the hospital by her.
He didn’t have a scratch on him, not a single bite or bruise on his skin, was it really her that had saved him?

Megohime lay in bed, staring up at the vast fueling of her bedroom. She had made it home- if just barely -and had consumed enough flesh from storage to heal her wounds quickly. Why hadn’t she just eaten the man from last night? Sick or not, it’s not like she’d catch anything from eating him, but yet she had hesitated to kill him, something she had never done before. Killing humans was as natural for her as breathing, yet the more she thought about it, she had no desire to kill that man from last night.
“Beautiful.”
His words made her cheeks go hot.
She rolled onto her side and stared out of the window. She needed to know why he had told her such a lie, why he hadn’t begged for his life.

Kojurou brought Masamune home and helped him to his room, but he fussed that he didn't want to stat in bed, so Kojurou took him to the living room and helped him onto the couch.
"I'm sick, not cripple, I can move well enough.." Masamune huffed.
"You're still weak from them flushing your pills out of your system. I don't mind helping you." Kojurou said as he made sure Masamune had enough fabric to keep him warm, "I have to go to work but if you need me, call." He stated firmly. Masamune sighed and nodded.
"Alright, alright. I promise." He muttered.

There was never anything on television Masamune hadn’t already seen before. Being sick had the unfortunate side effect of a lot of time with nothing else to do, so after Kojurou had left and he had flipped through what seemed like four dozen channels- surprise surprise, only repeats on that day -he had finally just settled for another one of those ridiculous game shows.
It wasn’t but after ten minutes did he feel like he was being watched, had Kojurou peeked in on him to make sure he’d be ok?

Masamune glanced to the window to see if maybe Kojurou did come back and was just being a mother hen, expecting to see Kojurou's usual scary scowl.

No one was peering in the window, in fact, the window had a good view of the street, letting in the slight breeze.
The window hadn’t been open.
There was a figure standing inside the house beside the window.
When had this person come in? Why hadn’t he heard the window open, or the person slip inside. They didn’t move, standing there in a black trench coat and black ballerina flats.
Wait.
The person had a mask on- a Noh mask? And they were too short and slender, even with the coat on, to be anything other than a woman. Masamune recognized the person immediately as the Ghoul from the night before, but why was she here, and wearing a mask?

"I had hoped I could see you again..." He said gently, "You're probably here to get rid of me for seeing your face, huh...? I understand...I would probably do the same, were I a ghoul..."

She said nothing, only watching him behind her mask.
“Why didn’t you scream?” She finally asked. She didn’t sound angry, not even mad, just confused. She stayed where she was, across the room with the couch between them, keeping her mask on even though he had already seen her face.

"I'm not afraid to die, if you want my honest answer..." He replied, "You can tell, can't you? I'm sick...deathly sick. I could keel over at anytime, just gone," he snapped his fingers and made a noise, "What do I care about dying? Whether it be my own body or a ghoul, it doesn't matter...the quicker the better, I suppose." Wow, he was really morbid.

She flinched when he snapped his fingers, thinking for a moment silently. Then she was on top of him, he hadn’t even heard her move, or had time to register that she actually had moved. Her mask was off, clattering to the floor as she grabbed his wrists and pushed him down against the couch. Her kakugan was active once more, but her kagune remain inactive. “Then you wouldn’t mind a beast like me tearing your flesh from your bones until you die?” She hissed, face inches from his.

He smiled softly, "If my death meant another could live, I say go for it...even more so if it meant you got to survive for another day.."

Her face twisted into a look of shock, slowly letting go of his wrists before sitting back on the couch in defeat. “What’s with you..?” She muttered. “Why don’t you cry or scream..?” She sounded more confused than angry or disappointed. “Why don’t you fight for your life?”

She looked away, frowning softly and furrowing her brows. “If life is short, then wouldn’t it be exactly what you’d have to worry about?” Her kakugan slowly dissapeared, leaving behind deep red eyes that weren’t much different from her red on black ghoulish eyes.

"I don't see it that way...if life is so short, then you should spend your time enjoying it rather than fretting over the time you have.." He answered.

There was an uncomfortable silence, the girl before him staring away from him then looking to the television that was playing. On the screen a man was biting different things, trying to find the things that were made out of chocolate. “Is this what you’d call enjoying your time..?” She looked a little unsure, like she didn’t really get the show itself.

He laughed a bit, "I can't really do much on my own, as you saw last night...though I don't think it counts as a very good example...I was trying to kill myself..." Kind of contradictory to what he was just preaching, "Kojurou worries about me too much...and I'm gonna die soon anyway...I wasn't doin' too good up here," he tapped his temple gently, "and figured I would just speed the process..."

She scowled softly, but her expression softened to a frown. “Why did you call me beautiful?” She asked quietly, the look in her eyes showing that all the cogs in her head were turning, that she was thinking hard about something.

Her cheeks flushed and she glanced at him quickly. “Looking the way I did? Even with my kagune?” She asked, almost sounding excited to hear his answer.

"Your kagune is especially lovely...I haven't ever seen one of that color before.." He told her, "Your eyes are entrancing, both as a ghoul and as a human.."

Back
Top Bottom