Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Ghouls Dogma (1x1 with DarkMudkip)

Jin kept her head turned away, and gaze down, flinching slightly when he moved over to her. She felt like even being alive was a betrayal, that she should’ve died on the dirty floor in that estate.

Jin found her vision to be growing blurry, tears dripping from her eyes as Kojurou held her tightly. “How can you so readily embrace a monster..?” She finally asked in a quiet whisper, not trying to pull away and push him away.

“I gave away our son, my head can be reattached after being removed, how am I anything but a monster..?” She tilted her head back, trying to fight the tears that were already streaming down her face. “I can only live if I consume human flesh.”

"But you still have the same morals and beliefs as you did before. This new change does not change the type of person you are, the woman I fell in love with." He told her.

She felt herself crumbling, felt the hard numbness in her chest breaking away like dry sand, slowly sinking against him. “I gave away our child..! I gave away our son..!” She gripped his shirt tightly, letting her tears flow as she broke down, guilt weighing heavily on her as she collapsed in his arms.

He tried to calm her, petting her hair slowly, "Ishida-sosakan has informed me he is hard at work looking for our son...it'll be alright, Jin..."

She could do nothing but apologize, feeling like somehow the entire situation had been her fault, as irrational as she knew it to be.

A decade and a half passed, and Jin gained better control over her kagune with the help of daily oral drugs, as well as on hand sedatives for the rare occasions that she started to relapse again. Her sons case had been officially declared cold long ago, and it was a difficult topic when brought up, so it was usually avoided altogether. She remained in a partnership with Kojurou, but due to his diagnosed PTSD, he struggled to focus and function, putting him on medical leave until his mental health recovered.

Kojurou would visit Jin regardless of his mental state, being with her seemed to help some anyway. With Kojurou unable to work, however, Jin was usually able to still work on her own so long as her medications were working.

Jin’s medications made her drowsy, but had little other side affects, making work only mildly difficult when stuck at a desk. She welcomed spending her lunches with Kojurou, even if she couldn’t share meals with him any longer. She had long since removed her long hair, keeping her hair a short pixie cut. She was partnered with Mitsunari, who acted both as her partner and her handler when she did get out of control.

Jin hardly went off on her own, almost always staying with Mitsunari on excursions, but anytime she got even an inkling that the lead she got might relate to her missing child in some way, she did whatever should could to investigate it. She never spoke about it openly, and even if it was brought up, she hardly spoke about it, but she never really gave up hope on her child being alive.
When she got that call just minutes before getting off of work, she couldn’t help it, couldn’t even try to stop herself from leaving the building and going in search of her son, praying every time that it would finally be him.

Jin didn’t care, didn’t care if he hated her, didn’t want to see her, she just wanted to know if he was alive and well. She headed out with her Quinque, coat buttoned up to her chin to fight off the cold weather.

When she finally got to the area that was called in, there was a young man just standing over the bodies of dead ghouls. He had short blond hair and fair complexion, covered head to toe in blood.

Jin stood with her breath caught in her throat, staring at the back of the young man before her, heart pounding. Was it him? Was it her child? She hardly noticed the bodies, the only thing registering in her sight was the boy.

The boy looked back and his eyes were the same as Kojurou's. He looked at her, looked at her long and hard, before his expression became angrier.

She felt her heart break right there, eyes growing soft and her lower lip trembling as tears threatened to fall down her cheeks. “You’re alive..” She whispered.

Jin blinked and stumbled back in shock to avoid being cut by the blade, even if it wouldn’t hurt her. “W-Wait..! Please..!” She hadn’t even named him, hadn’t even picked out a name for him, even if he had one already- it was too painful of a thing to spend time on, so she avoided it.

His words cut deep, and she finally stumbled back and fell, landing flat on her back and dropping her Quinque. She winced as her head smacked the ground, but tried to get back up. “No..! That wasn’t it at all..! Please listen..!”

Back
Top Bottom