Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Hogwarts - Interested?

University sounds like a good idea. Although how would we keep the schools separate since they would wear their university's robes, right?

Perhaps each school becomes a House in the university? So there's a Durmstrang House, a Hogwarts House, etc.

You could also dump the pre existing schools as a whole since you're abandoning the rest of that part of them and just have it be a globally inclusive wizarding institution.
Personally I don't know if I like the idea as much but I came later so I'm cool with whatever.

In terms of age for the playing character 18+ is fine with me. I believe we can either play the last year students in Hogwarts only, with an invitation for all last years students from other schools. The issue here is smut involving under 18 of age, but it doesn't mean the younger students could not be involved in other adult situations like: violence, killings, dark magic...
The university route is perturbing to me because we'd lose the specificity of each school, the robes, their history in mixing them altogether. If this option is selected, then Gryffindor, Ravenclaw etc...would be simply replaced with Hogwarts House ?

The locations of the rpg could also happen outside Hogwarts as there are many places in HP that are interesting to visit.

You're right: the university route does lose the aspect of each school... not unless it's the school they attended before going to this university?

If I'm included as one of the people who won't role play underaged characters I want to clarify. I will play the characters but I may not make it sexual. My character can be a supporting friend, the bitchy antagonist no one likes, or anything really. I do like the original idea you posed. If we have the option to keep them in school, the last year would put them around 17 or 18 which I can totally do romantically. @mainsnoires has some pretty good ideas.

If we combine the houses, in the final year when other schools come, would their robes change to a different color or would they be a combination of all the house colors.

There is so much to explore in the HP universe so we have a lot to choose from.

I am ready to have less than 18 characters be only support for the game and over 18 be both involved in the game and the adult spices.

Then regarding the school I’d so like to be able to visit the forbidden forest, Azkaban, gringotts and other places that maybe I’d be ok to let go off the slytherin house and go for an university of wizardry. But I’ll have to be convinced there.

I'd be interested in having underage characters in support roles or the like, and I would like to preserve the integrity of each individual group.

I actually sort of like the idea of keeping this +18. I want to have each school involved, though. How about we reserve this as strictly last year students?

I don’t care if it’s set in a time when it’s free, as long as it’s set in the time after wizards co-opted indoor plumbing from the Muggles.

lol I agree with that. I feel like we should probably start setting this up once we have a good idea of how it should generally go and how we're hosting it correctly. Like if its a different school for older wizards once we have that down we should probably get to work on setting it all up.

A few ideas for consideration: if it is for older witches and wizards it doesn't _have_ to be separate from Hogwarts itself. This isn't discussed in the books, aside from Snape but Hogwarts could open its doors to house people seeking to attain a Mastery in a particular field and have their thesis work overseen by an accredited master for that field.

Of course, aside from that, you could just be doing general research. Unlimited access to a very well stocked and rare library like the one at Hogwarts would be quite the attractor. And if we wanted to include other countries, just make the residency an international one.

But by the same token doing an adult version of the Triwizard Tournament would be so much fun.

I'm keen, by the way.

I actually like that idea a lot. Having it separate from Hogwarts, but similar... and of course students who studied at other schools can attend. Thoughts on this, everyone?

Back
Top Bottom