Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Question Now that I've found my rhythm...

orangia

Super-Earth
**EDIT: Since I was given the green light to include my request thread, here it is: Fx Any - *FIRST MAJOR UPDATE DONE* Bad Endings - Fandoms **

So I've been on this site for almost 4 years now, but haven't been able to achieve any real sort of success with partners until recently. That was primarily my fault, as I didn't really realize what I was asking for just yet, and this format is significantly different than the rapid fire chat room formats which I was accustomed to. I think I did more to confuse prospective partners than I ever did to make a cohesive plot with them. However, I seem to have finally found my rhythm, and am currently in the process of writing 2 different sets of promising plots, and for the first time since I've come to this site, I can sense equal enthusiasm from my partner to that of my own. It has inspired me to completely rebuild my request thread, which is in progress as we speak, but leads me to my question:

If there is anybody out there who considers themselves to be an expert in the request thread formatting category, I would like to seek your input. My goal is to make an easy-reading thread that is organized properly, and doesn't give too much detail but gives enough to know what expectations there are.

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to link my thread to this post, so for now I will refrain from doing so until I know for sure. In the meantime, if willing to help, just send me a message and I can give you the link.

Thanks in advance :)

Last edited:
Kara is most definitely not an expert. Who knows if she even roleplays! Just kidding I love you Kara, don't hurt me. Lemme walk you through my tips. My RT tends to do pretty well whenever I bump it.

Here's my RT for an example!

First, avoid lists. I don't mean you can't have a set of things that you want, but don't just put a bunch of items under a category with no context. For example, if you have pairings and just put things like Teacher x Student, then most good writers on this site just click away. Literally changing it to a one sentence plot is going to improve your RT by a billion. This applies to lists of characters or concepts too, by the way. Add. Context.

Second, your personality matters far more than your ideas. Sorry that's just the way it is, I've found. Most people want to vibe with you, so to speak. Your RT is going to get a lot more interest if you show off what kind of person you are and then talk about ideas. For example, my RT starts with me being a sarcastic asshole.

Final tip! Stand out somehow! Look at all the other RT's and make sure yours looks different! In my case, I made my RT 2500 words and no one's really reads at all like mine. The more unique you are the more interest you'll get.

Lemme know if I helped at all! And feel free to shoot me questions!

And here I completely missed that I had replies to this post. Sorry about that!

I'll go ahead and edit the main message with a link to my thread. Thank you for the other input as well, but I'll get back to that in the morning since it's really late and my brain is a bit fried…

Back
Top Bottom