Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A GUIDE to a swell SEARCH thread (Comments and critques's welcome))

Revolution Galaxy

Banned
Banished
So you've stumbled onto a roleplay site and you want to hook your readers in with a snazzy roleplay request that will automatically get you a ton of partners immediately after you post it.

HEADS UP. That isn't going to happen, we all want our search thread to be noticed and want to be the queen or king of roleplaying but that is not going to happen. Having a cocky personality isn't going to solve everything and in fact, some people might not like if your dick is bigger then people think. I'm here to give you some handy advice but first, we must remember to BUMP

what is bump? you might ask no it isn't when you accidentally bump into a beautiful woman and spill water all over their shirt. it just a simple anogram I've come up with.

B. Be Patient when it comes to partners
U. Utilize what your partner has taught you
M. Manage your search wisely
P. Partners are people as well, always be kind to your partner (or in so cases no when to be a bit...harsh)

The first one is the most important one: BE PATIENT
Like I said being overconfident is not at all a good turn on for future partners in fact to a lot of people it can make it seem like your overconfident. So what if your partners aren't replying to your posts quick enough, I usually wait about 4 days before I shoot a quick message asking them if the roleplay is going anywhere (Afterall we all have a life outside rping). Remember everytime you bump your search thread to the top of the post you have more opportunities to find new partners.

Step 2: Utilize
Say your having problems coming up with ideas or you have no idea what pairings you want to use. Look around at other people's request threads and brainstorm or borrow some of their pairings tell you get a fresh start, your partner just quit on you but the idea you wanted to do is still fresh in your head then try it out with someone else, they might enjoy it.

Step 3: Management
Keep your search thread as neat as you possibly can, you can use spoil tags or keep the headers for each of your stuff in bold, list out your dislikes, rules, and likes first and make sure that your cravings are legible and people can easily find them. If you have a ton of plots or characters you like using, put them in a journal and link back to them, that way it doesn't look too cluttered up. BE CAREFUL WHEN IT COMES TO BRIGHT GIFS OR COLORS

Step 4: Partners are People
If you're in a rp or you're discussing one with someone you notice things aren't going right or you get a gut feeling, be honest with your partner. Don't wait till the last second to tell them and try to be as calm and orderly as possible, if the person, however, become RUDE or HARASSES block them and they continue to do it, tell a staff member and report them. Partners come and go and sometimes you might click with someone and other times you might be the one not clicking with them.

One more thing: BE CONFIDENT

Being Cocky can get your in trouble with partners but if you see that opportunity and you have a feeling way deep inside your gut about someone you really really want to roleplay with "MESSAGE THEM WITH OPEN ARMS AND SAY HEY WANNA RP I THINK We'll BE AWESOME TOGETHER" you might find a partner for life.

This is really cute and good. I like the B.U.M.P thing you did there.

@Karameida maybe we can make a sticky like this?

This is extremely good. Thanks for writing it, I think it will help a lot of people.

Back
Top Bottom