Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

(Canticle of Hope) Ch. 5: Closer to Home (NSFW)

Emi took the music collection and smiled "thanks."
she then quietly listened to both HItomi and the Isabella. " I will be glad to join you Isabella and the others after school, I will run home and get a change of clothes and other necessities this time in case we have a long night and I need to crash again."
She smiled warmly and looked to her watch and then waived making her way to class.

Hitomi suspected that she already knew the answer to Isabella's question, but it led down some dark roads. The Mandrake Devil was trying to increase its forces, but to what end? If it had some specific goal in mind, it couldn't be anything good. On the other hand, if preying on people and spreading its power was just its nature... what did that imply for Isabella's baby?

Well, there was no point speculating when they could just ask Eurydice and Orpheus about it later. Hiroki nodded her agreement with Isabella's suggestion.

"That sounds sensible," the kitsune said. It's mean missing Archery Club practice - again - but she could always arrive early some morning and make up for it. Besides, if they went out on patrol again, there was every chance she'd get plenty of practice. "In the meantime, if anyone needs me, I'll probably be in the library at lunchtime." Orpheus' revelations had given Hitomi a lot to read up on, after all, starting with his own legend.

With that, Hitomi adjusted her satchel over her shoulder and began to make her way towards the 3rd year classroom she shared with Kye.

65185504_p0_master1200.jpg
At the third year classroom, Kye and Hitomi arrived with a few minutes to spare. Sumiko--a fit, svelte blond beauty who did some of the best drawings and paintings in the school--was bragging to a couple of other girls about the gymnastics club. "Captain Kuroi has gotten us into a new league," she explained. "Girls from this league represent Japan in the Olympics!"

Kawaii_skater_girl_by_omen2501.jpg
Down in the first year class, a girl Syra would have recognized flashed Isabella a smile and beckoned her to join her with a pair of cat girls. "My name is Minato. The gymnastics club is trying to find the best recruits the school can offer. The league we get to compete in this year sends girls to the Olympics. The part that really excites me, though, is Cirque du Sole recruits from them too!"

The second years found Sadako explaining in a soft, happy voice to a few other girls how she was giving the gymnastics club a try instead of the kendo club this year.

3ce347b9073075fea5e43bb06dd6736f.jpg

afGb8Sj.png

Isabella listen to the girl explaining about the gymnatics club, as a dancer she was quite interested but in her condition she was wondering if that would be the best idea.

She smile and think about what was said in a way there still a lot of months before she can't dance or move because her belly would be to big.

She smile again and spoke to the new girl "Glad to meet you Minato, i am Isabella i am in the dance club but i would love to get into the gymnastics as well if you are still recruiting"

She look at the catgirl and blush when she saw them, she truly have a problem with cat girl, it made her all mushy. if Wort would have been a cat, she really would have been gone for.

Isabella look around and get her phone out to text Ryoko and Kye "A girl name Minato is offering me to join the gymnastic club, should i join ? in what club are you ?".

Syra quietly sat at the back of the class gazing out the window in thought, whilst partially listening to the girl. It appeared that gymnastics was becoming a popular club this year. First the skater girl and now sadako.

This sudden urge in popularity made her a little suspicious. However no matter how much they promoted it to the her, syra was still set on the Athletics club. Letting out a short sigh she continued her thoughtful gaze out the window.

It wasn't normally like Hitomi to insert herself into the classroom's conversations, but Sumiko was a bit of a special case. They weren't close by any means, but Hitomi had a strong admiration for the blonde girl and her artistic talents, so when she overheard Sumiko bragged about her club's success, she couldn't help but take an interest. Perhaps spending time with the rest of the group was bringing the kitsune out of her shell a little, or perhaps it was just that there wasn't enough time to really get stuck into any reading or drawing before class was due to begin. Either way, once Hitomi had set down her satchel and tablet at her desk, over by the room's windows, she wandered across to join the conversation.

"Congratulations, Nagamara-san. That's a very impressive opportunity," Hitomi said. Her praise was quite genuine, but the kitsune worried that she was coming across as overly-serious and formal. Small talk was hard. Casting her mind around for something more to say, she added, "Your captain must have worked very hard over the break to achieve that."

Emi was already seated as she just arrived before her new friends. "That sounds great Nagamara-san, Congratulations to You, your captain and your team! If you would like to do some yoga together sometime to help you keep flexible I would be more the willing to take you through my regimen." she smiled at the blonde genuinely happy for her fellow classmate.

9767b75d9792f42e1393ab346e711a1cc9e2d228.jpg

"It's Hitoji, Emi-chan, but please call me Sadako. We're classmates. I would love a chance to do some yoga with you. Your contortionist talents would make you a natural for our club. If you don't have time to join, maybe we could arange for you to share your techniques sometime?"

Ryoko smiled at them both, then glanced at her vibrating phone. She quickly answered Isabella's text, "Hitoji Sadako is talking about the gymnastics club too. I'm surprised to see her not in Kendo this year. I was part of a little Multimedia Arts club last year. We haven't met yet this one. I should text Kimiko-senpai that we should get on the ball if we want to get new members."

She thought for a moment then added, "You should join whatever club will interest you most, Isa-chan. If you join us, we'll have a chance to do some more actual dancing, but it's mostly a bunch of girls and guys sitting around doing computer graphics and remixes."

Last edited:
Nagamara Sumiko flashed the kitsune girl a bright smile and gave a happy bow which made her short blond pigtail bounce. you, Hitomi-chan. Please call me Sumiko. We're classmates, right?"

Ginning, she flipped open her notebook and grabbed a pencil from her case. The blond girl's hands flew over the paper for a moment. Then she handed Hitomi a doodle many professional manga-ka would be proud to produce in ten minutes. It was an image Hitomi doing a backlfip, legs kicking, skirt flaring. Sumiko included her phone number.

Kye is distracted. She saw someone wearing their sash wrong, but was told to get to class before she could help the girl. Now the girl will get in trouble, and it will hurt her feelings and she will become like the wolf girl, this leads to rape and hate and bad fashion choices.....

Kye has a strand of leather ties that she braids, the more frustrated the more intricate. Today’s is a work of art. Though her outward cheery mask is up, it is all programmed responses.

Last edited:
A few days ago, walking home from school, Naela Yung discovered that the raffle ticked she'd bought from a shrine on the river that day was a winner. She'd received a lovely charm bracelet with a golden bangle in the form of a lyre.

She'd learned it's secret power without any guidance the next night, transforming into a magic girl and defending herself from a lecherous green monster.

Things kept getting stranger, too. Last night, a white squirrel hopped up and started talking to her, telling her that the bangle brought her power from the greek goddess Polymnia, muse of hymns and praises. She should introduce herself to other girls at school with similar charms and join forces with them--even naming her childhood friend Emi as one of them!

Now, she was in homeroom at Shirako High, waiting for the teacher to arrive, and there was Emi, talking to the girl who was recruiting for the new gymnastics club.

“Um, right. Sumiko-san.” Hitomi nodded seriously as she repeated her classmate’s name, a faint blush colouring her cheeks. She’d known that she was being too formal! Maybe she should just bail on this conversation now, and save the others from her awkwardness. Or would that be weird, too? Argh, this was a mistake. The kitsune clasped her hands awkwardly behind her back as Sumiko pulled out her notebook, trying to make a decision, but then…

“Oh!” Hitomi’s face lit up as Sumiko handed her the completed drawing, and the kitsune practically bounced on the balls of her feet as she took hold of it in both hands. “This is me, isn’t it? It’s been a long time since I could do a backflip like that, though!” She glanced to Sumiko for a moment, a wide smile on her face, her awkwardness evaporating in her enthusiasm, before she turned her attention back to the doodle. She lifted it up to the light for a better look, and traced one finger along the outline of her 2D counterpart. “That’s such a dynamic pose! I can’t believe you drew this so quickly, Sumiko-san; it always takes me forever to find something I’m happy with when I draw people. Oh, and look at this curve! You got that in one try?”

In her delight, Hitomi had quite forgotten about the other girls Sumiko had been bragging to. That Sumiko had included her number was only just beginning to register in the kitsune’s mind. Was her classmate just being friendly? Flirting with her? Stealthily trying to recruit her to the gymnastics club? It didn’t really matter!

afGb8Sj.png

Isabella smiled when Ryoko replied to her. She was very happy that her love took the time to reply to her and being in a club with her sound more then awesome but Isabella knew that computer wasn't her best choice.

She texted her back "Thanks love, i will see about it, i would love to do something with you but computer are somewhat my weakness, lol. i will join the gymnastic club for as loing as my condition let me".

She look at Minato and smile "I would love to join, do we have schedule or any specifics ?".

Emi smiled " Sadako I would love to do some Yoga and some occasional demonstrations for you and the club, Aside from our one on one Yoga sessions I could also maybe come in once or twice a week and do some yoga with the whole team. Also if your team needs something special to help them relax after a tough time in your competitions, I could come and do a little morale boosting show as well! But alas I don't think I could swing being a full member of the gymnastics team." she smiled brightly as she hoped her offer and her own form of support of the club would be well received.

Last edited:

[IMG='width:50%;']https://i.imgur.com/afGb8Sj.png[/IMG]

Isabella look at Minato and smile. She seem like a good friend to add and she need to keep doing some stuff if she doesn't want peoples to notice her pregnancy to early.

She though a bit about the time and shrug, that was quite early in the morning but not too early since she often get up that early to pratice her dance moves.

She smile to Minato "I will be there for sure".

Continuing her distant gaze, Kye’s intricate braid came to a close. Her anxious rocking ceased, she even settled in her seat. All before she nodded her head once, rose and stride out the door with a purpose.

“Kye?” The teacher attempted to gain her attention as she left, but with a frown continued her lecture. She needed to maintain control, and the giggles from the back showed how tenuous the hold.

“Kye’s ‘off’ to save the world again. Wonder where they’ll find her this time.” Naomi Schmitt whispered the words for the whole class to hear. The words were mean enough, but the gesture, insinuating that off meant crazy. That was just rude.
HUeCpQg.jpg

Hitomi was too involved in Sumiko’s drawing to see Kye’s agitation, but she could hardly miss it when the other girl abruptly got to her feet and headed for the door. “Kye-san?” Caught off-guard, the kitsune started to lift one arm, as if to reach out for her or try to stop her, but she was far too late. Kye was well gone.

That’s when she heard the sound of giggling, and Naomi’s ‘whispered’ comment. Hitomi’s left ear twitched, and her lips tightened into a thin line. “Excuse me, Sumiko-san,” she muttered, softly, and then she, too, moved with purpose, turning on her heel and marching straight towards the back of the room, where she slammed both her hands down onto the surface of Naomi’s desk (in the process rather crumpling the drawing Sumiko had given her, which was unfortunately still in her hands at the time).

Hitomi was not the most physically imposing of girls, but the impact of her uncharacteristically bold move still echoed through the room. In the moments that followed she glared across at Naomi, only half the desk’s distance between the pair of them, an intensity behind her glasses that could usually only be seen if one were to stand between her and the targets on the archery range. When the kitsune did speak she didn’t raise her voice, but her tone was as icy as Melpomene’s axe.

“Kobiashi-san is one of the bravest, and kindest, girls in this school.” Hitomi’s words contained none of her frequent hesitation, and were clear enough to reach those around them, though she didn’t turn her gaze from Naomi. “You should not talk about her that way.”

Persuasion check to intimidate: 2 + 8 = 10.

Last edited:
Naela kept glancing at Emi from her book, trying to seem incospicuous, but failing terribly. The tiny blonde was sweating, terrified of having to have to talk to Emi, not exactly experienced with talking to anything asides from her pet cats.

She took a deep breath, a look of determination melting across her face as she stood up, setting down her book, and starting towards Emi. She blushes, loses her confidence, and begins to slowly inch towards her, gently tugging at her shirt to get her attention. "Umm... I... Emi..."

She whimpers, confidence crumbling as she fights to find the right words. "I... Think you... Are... Umm... Wait no... The squirrel sent me?" Her voice trailed off into a high pitch towards the end of her sentence as she trembled in awkward terror.

Finally entertaining her curiosity Syra stood up and approuched the group. Liotering on the outskirts she payed attention to the girls, trying to work out why gymnastics club wad popular this year. True they have some that go to thw olympics, but don't all sports clubs? They're in a school of mostly genetically engineered kids.

Finally deciding to put a voice her thoughts she gently cleared her throat. "If you dont mind me asking. Why is the club so popular this year? You're the second person today that's tried to convince me to join." Syra still hadn't joined a club yet. Her plan was to sign up to the Athletics club after school.

she gently wraps an arm around her dear friend " Oh my dear Naela, you are such the little prankster trying to get my attention in such silly ways" she tickled her sides and leaned in and whispers "later" giving her the clear sign that she knows what she is talking about but this is not the place or time for such a discussion.

The girl squeaks as she is tickled. Naela blushes and nods. "Heh y-yeah... Such a prankster I am..." She awkwardly shuffles back to her desk and sits down, a hundred different thoughts running through her mind.

Not really convinced she gave a small smile back, "But wouldn't our athletics team, kendo team or any of our sports teams be on their way to the Olympics? It's not like we're a school of amateurs. I'm not trying to be rude just work out what all this hype about the gymnastics club is about." Letting out a small sigh she glided back to her seat "You wouldn't catch me dead in one of those leotards personally." She let out a little chuckle.

Though mot of the class fell quiet when HItomi took offense at the insult, Naomi was unimpressed. She rolled her eyes dramatically, then...

"That will do, girls," the homeroom teacher said. "This class is neither judo nor deportment."

5432d05dfc066c96dcb63ee49dceb585.jpg

The end of the school day found the newly enlarged group of girls returning to Isabella's house for study group.

Ryoko was getting extremely familiar with the redhead's kitchen by now. She hurried to put together a snack of rice balls with spicy black bean paste for all, and a double batch fo chocolate chip cookies in to bake.

The Tenshi smiled to Syra and gave a chipper bow, ginger curls bounding around her shoulders. “I'm glad you decided to join us this time.”

Then she stepped up to the other new girl and gave a bow. “You're Naela, right? Youre in my class. Oh... Emi-chan, would you please introduce us to your friend? Sorry, where are my manners?”

Back
Top Bottom