Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Restoration of the Sands

Ana's blade strikes true with the distraction Alderdrix provided. With a howl of agony the blade cut through its chest, collapsing the beast to write on the ground and slowly lose consciousness between the two adventurers. This now just left a single Gnoll, who seemed to be suddenly wary at the sight of all its companions felled.

With the flanking bonus added from Alderdrix, that will hit and Knock out the Gnoll.

@ippo you are up
@Saber Arturia You still have a move action if you wish to take it

Khettio knelt to give Kas a quick look-over. He was hurt bad, but stable. That was good, at least. She placed her hands over his wound, a spiral of her tattoos glowed pink, and a small burst of restorative energy flowed into him. It wasn't much, but she hoped it would stave off death that much longer.

Kas coughed and opened his eyes at the healing magic, still lying on the ground but looking up to see Khettio standing over him as the one responsible for tending to his wounds. With a weak smile he chuckled and spoke. "Still having a little trouble breathing, could try mouth to mouth if you felt so inclined." He was of course joking, not that he would turn down a kiss but he was trying to add some levity to the situation as he still felt like hell.

Gnoll now dealt with, only one foe remained, reconsidering its chances as it eyed the party warrily. Ana and Willow would approach, the latter faster than the former, until close to the entire group was arrayed around this one last enemy.

Battlemap

@Lord DreamCrusher Kas gets his turn, prone but conscious now.

One of the bodies of the fallen gnolls vanishes, turning into a form of light before disapating and being absorbed by Alderdrix. Aura's combining, the man seems a little weaker for the time being for the joining, as if the Gnolls hurts was his to deal with now.

At this last sight, the last remaining Gnoll decides it has had enough and runs, fleeing as far as its legs would take it from the combat.

Gnoll 2 takes the Withdraw action, moving 60 feet without provoking from Nishe. It will keep fleeing, so combat over unless anyone with ranged weapons wants to take shots at the running monster.

With the immediate threat dealt with Kas stands up with as much strength as he can muster and readies another arrow, the final gnoll may be fleeing but it deserves death all the same. He does what he can to steady his breathing and take aim before loosing the arrow towards his mark. Still the pain jars him and he can't quite find his center. "It could bring...reinforcements if it gets away."

Attack:
[1d20+6] = 7+6 = 13 *Sighs of disappointment*

Khettio placed her hand on Kas' shoulder, once again letting healing energies surge into him. "Let it go. Even with my magic, your wounds will open up again if you strain yourself. If it comforts you, I could follow it and see where it goes. If it does return with others, I'll warn you all."

Kas certainly was starting to look better with the second dose of healing magic and he both thanked her and shook his head at the same time. "No that would in fact make me worry more. Thank you for the help but I will not let the beast live if I can help it." He wasn't lying about his previous rationale but it was clear there was more to it than just the concern of reinforcements even though he didn't seem keen to discuss it further.

For her own part, Willow was just going to keep touching anyone that seemed injured, and in time she would be able to heal the group fully, provided that nothing came back soon, as she would make with the healing hands, fingers brushing over flesh.

Alderdrix moves 30 feet forward notching another arrow into his bow and shooting the retreating gnoll.

"Ms. Willow if doing that cost you nothing then perhaps our new... associate could use your help." Alderdrix calls.

Nat 20 15 to confirm 5 dmg rolled possible 10 if 15 hits.

A pair of shots from both the men would be loosed, flying on towards the fleeing Gnoll. The first to land stuck into the beasts armour, not quite able to hurt or slow the beast. The second however landed right in the leg, making the beast fall and collapse, knocking itself out from the force of the blow and the resulting fall. Now all the foes were defeated and the group could take a moment to recover.

Nishe had stepped away to the fallen Gnoll leader, starting to rummage through what was left from the fallen foes.

It was did to be shown up by such a lesser bow in comparison to his own but Kas could simply shrug and nod to Alderdrix, despite their differences it was a good shot all in all. After some more healing from Willow, which he thanked her for, he too would join in the looting to make sire nothing available went to waste. Kas wasn't greedy though and basically stripped what he could and placed it out for the group to peruse, taking a handful of arrows for himself but leaving the excess if Alderdrix needed more in kind. "It could use some washing but I could benefit from the studded armor if no one else needs it. Otherwise I suggest we split the coin as even as possible and take what we can make use of and leave the rest. Don't need excess weight slowing us down."

Kas takes 30 arrows which leaves 30 still free.

"We could always bury what we don't to take with us. Then we could sell them on our way back to town." Khettio nudged one of the spears, and looked at the ratty clothes and gear the gnolls possessed. "Or maybe not."

Alderdrix, being further out than any of the others, walks up to them.

"We believe Kas may be correct that there may be more of them, and we cannot question it so long as ours remains unconscious if we bring it out will Ms. Willow be willing to heal it? It is of no danger to any of you anymore, but if we bring it out and it is not fully healed we will suffer repercussions. Any armor or equipment that you wish to take up please do so once you have taken everything you want I will allow him to retrieve any gear he would find useful... If leaving the gear is a problem then he can carry it.

Also if it is not too much trouble we will take 20 of the arrows, we are not physically strong so us carrying too much is ill-advised burying the remainder of the items may be a good idea, even if we do not sell them having a cache of replacement items is not a bad thing, much easier to get here than back to town after all."

She would nod, as she looked at the strange man, as she would be up for healing the gnoll, before she would speak. "If we are dividing spoils, I will take the water skins. The yellow circles..." She would shrug, uncaring.

Alderdrix looks at the ground, making a motion as though he is pulling something out of his body, the gnoll appears at Willow's feet. "Once he is awake he will answer your questions about if there are any more and where this is what we intend to do to any creature we believe affected Mr.Ember. If having him out is disconcerting then I will be happy to replace him with Jasper once everyone is satisfied."

Kas just shook his head, deep seated disdain even at the mention of these strange powers that Alderdrix commanded to shackle one of the gnolls to his will. "It's disconcerting just to consider you using this dark power you have, I want no part of it in any fashion. Useful or not." He would move to finish piling up the gathered equipment for anyone who was interested and try to divvy up the coin as fairly as possible before he would wash his hands of anything to do with what Alderdrix spoke of. Death was one thing, this was another entirely.

"Not sure how your shit works, but if it won't break control and stab us in the back at a bad time, it's alright with me for now." Ana didn't sound happy, but she could see the use in such a macabre act. And it's not as if slaves weren't used in the empire already - how different was this? Slowly sheathing her blade once she had cleaned the blood off of it, she shrugged. "Guess i'll stay on alert for a while in case other gnolls look for their lost scouts."

Alderdrix eyes narrow at Kas, but nods to Ana. "No they cannot break our control for all intents and purposes they are part of us now." Alderdrix' begins to glow showing an aura like a patchwork quilt made of 4 pieces "See this is Jasper until such a time when we let him out. They are not enslaved and are rather happy think of it more like an atonement spell, they actually want to help us once the spell takes effect our goals become theirs, our lifeforce is theirs which is why once we brought him out again it is dangerous, any wounds left on him when he first integrates is his to recover from, because our aura is not in sync yet, but after we let him out any remaining wounds instead would transfer to this body on recalling him."

As they talked, Willow would move up to the gnoll, hands glowing as she would proceed to heal it, after making sure everyone else was fine.

As Willow's healing steadily brought the Gnoll back to consciousness, its eyes slowly blinked open. Slowly the creature started pushing itself up to its feet, the aggression gone in its body language, seemingly perfectly harmless now. It didn't speak up, just eyed Alderdrix as it crouched on its haunches, as if waiting for instructions.

"Thank you Ms. Willow I am certain that will not be the last time I call upon you to aid in healing."

Alderdrix turns to the now waiting Gnoll.

Please tell us are there any more of your species that you know of close by, if so approximately how far away, in what direction and how many? Afterward, get whatever gear was yours to begin with or any upgrades which the others have not yet claimed.

Alderdrix motions towards the pile of stuff still out there in the open

The Gnoll gave a gesture back the way he and his companions came. Its speech sounded like more of that cackling that it and the Hyena was giving through the battle, mixed with barks and whines, quite inhuman as far as languages went.

"Back a half day towards the setting sun, home. Couple of hundred, warriors, families."

It then moved towards the pile of gear, taking up a dropped spear and shield to go with the leather it still wore.

"Half a days travel west of here there are a couple hundred of them." Alderdrix says to no one in particular, "Perhaps it would be best for us to avoid that area and possibly report it when we get back to town."

Back
Top Bottom