Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Restoration of the Sands

ippo

Star
Joined
Dec 9, 2018
"We'll have to be careful from here on out, though. That community will know something happened to this group when they don't return, and might send others to track us."
 

RPG-Girl

System Game Slut
Joined
Sep 30, 2015
Location
Toronto, Canada
For her own part, Willow would merely nod, even as she would smile. "Yes, but if they have lived here long, they know the sands hold their dangers." Still, for her own part, she would be ready to get going, beginning to soak in the rays of the sun.
 
OP
KalTammy

KalTammy

Lone Knight
Joined
Mar 16, 2018
Location
US
The remainder of the journey through the desert proceeds uneventfully, with only the rise and fall of the dunes to break the monotony. A low, uneven hill of granite appears on the horizon to the northwest, presenting the only shelter for miles around. The map specifically points out this feature, circling it as the destination or at least close to it.

Although the crag appears solid from a distance, on closer examination there is a wide fissure in the rock sealed by a heavily weathered stone wall fitted with a large iron door, closed and half buried in the sand. Above the door lays the archway inscribed with symbols of the ancient tongue of this land, half worn away by long years of eroding sand. Above this archway, 30 feet from the ground with nothing but smooth stone wall between lays what appears to be a guard post, overlooking the approach to this set of ruins.

Welcome travelers, enter and be safe from the winds
 

RPG-Girl

System Game Slut
Joined
Sep 30, 2015
Location
Toronto, Canada
For her own part, while she could understand it just fine, a bit better then the modern common really, Willow may not understand that others may not.. even as she would wait, quiet... as really, would they need to check for traps?
 

Lord DreamCrusher

Primal yet Intelligent, Savage yet Sophisticated
Joined
Feb 17, 2018
Location
United States
"Well unless anyone can read that I would perhaps suggest that our resident trap expert check the area before we walk in? Plus well, a bow is not quite beneficial in close quarters so I'd rather not go first if it can be helped." Kas was calm and relaxed as they stood there, he wasnt much of a ruins delved but he had seen them from time to time before. There was a first time for everything he supposed, just hopefully this first time wasn't also to be their last.
 

lilithsboy

Star
Joined
Nov 26, 2015
"We cannot read it but if someone can do a proper job of vocalizing it we can translate the meaning." Alderdrix toys with his bowstring having already drawn it.
 
OP
KalTammy

KalTammy

Lone Knight
Joined
Mar 16, 2018
Location
US
Nishe slowly moved up to the gate, cautiously eyeing the archway and the ground as she approached the iron structure. Her eyes lingered above the gate, at the guardhouse set above it, but saw no signs of life. Then she was at gate itself and got to slowly examining it, taking a couple of minutes carefully checking it and peering through the crack between the two doors. Turning to the party at last after an experimental shove she spoke, "looks all clear. But ya might wanna get some muscle up here. Sands got this wedged pretty tight, gonna need a strong push."
 

ippo

Star
Joined
Dec 9, 2018
Khettio approached the gate to look through the crack as Nishe had. She could see quite far in low light, but in the darkness of the ruins the others might need help. Whispering an Abyssal phrase, she sent a line of dancing orbs of light inside, where they floated as far as they could.

[Khettio cast Dancing Lights in the ruins]
 
OP
KalTammy

KalTammy

Lone Knight
Joined
Mar 16, 2018
Location
US
Looking through the crack, Khettio will quickly see that there is no need to light up what is on the other side. The light of the sun illuminates the courtyard beyond, showing two buildings beyond. To her left she sees what looks like a set of stables, to her right a larger structure carved into the rock. The courtyard itself contains a large well and what appears to be tattered remains of a caravan scattered around.
 

lilithsboy

Star
Joined
Nov 26, 2015
Alderdrix summons up his newest friend who gets ready to help push, neither he nor Jasper would be of any use.
 

Saber Arturia

Beachserker
Staff member
Administrator
Joined
Apr 5, 2013
Location
US
Cracking her knuckles, Ana felt all eyes on her as she moved for the door, seeking to force it open. "Well, hopefully it's not trapped..." She mutters under her breath, beginning to exert herself!

If I need to roll a str check,I rolled an 18. Steak head, goooo!
 
OP
KalTammy

KalTammy

Lone Knight
Joined
Mar 16, 2018
Location
US
Pressing her body against the door, straining her muscles, the iron of the gate would slowly begin to move, the sound of sand being shifted on the other side. With the help of the Gnoll throwing his own weight in with Ana, the gate would steadily open and soon be parted enough for the party to make their way inside. For now, it seems Nishe was right and the gate is not about to explode in Ana's face.

Stepping past the arch of the gate, the group would exit into the courtyard Khettio spied through the crack. To the groups immediate right, they see a set of stairs leading up and onto the wall, presumably up to the guard post above the gate. Past the courtyard there is a set of empty stable with a couple of attached rooms, wooden doors closed and solid. To the right of that seems to be the main complex, a set of ornate stone double doors laying shut to the world.

Around the courtyard itself is the remains of a caravan, shattered carts, ripped canvas and ruined goods exposed to the harsh sun. There are also close to a half dozen humanoid bodies scattered around, only the arid conditions keeping them from rotting fully.
 

Lord DreamCrusher

Primal yet Intelligent, Savage yet Sophisticated
Joined
Feb 17, 2018
Location
United States
"Hmm quaint, hopefully does us better than them. I would suggest breaking down what remains of the wagons and building a pyre, can't be too careful with corpses and they are past helping now." A sense of detachment was about him as he looked around and took in the sights, noting the lookout tower and likely resigning himself to that position simply because of his skill with a bow.

It did concern him what had done these people in though as a beast would typically not leave bodies behind in any complete fashion, as he knew from first hand experience, but for now he decided to look around the bodies more carefully in case there was anything to gleam with his eyes.

 

ippo

Star
Joined
Dec 9, 2018
Khettio's ears flattened against her head. If she had a tail, it would've been lowered in wariness. "W-wait a minute, everyone. From what I recall, this place was supposed to be abandoned. If that's the case, then what were all these people doing here in the first place?" Khettio didn't stray far from the others, and especially didn't approach the bodies. Whining like a fox, she said, "Why didn't I make an augury before we came here? This is no place for me be. I-I should've stayed in town."
 
OP
KalTammy

KalTammy

Lone Knight
Joined
Mar 16, 2018
Location
US
Looking over the closest body, there was little to note initially. The body was intact and lacked any obvious wounds from this distance that would suggest some sort of violent dead or post mortem damage, seeming to rule out some animal or monster. A little mummified by the conditions, the body is still rotten in places and wearing tattered clothes that look like it could have been a merchants outfit once.

What however does grab Kas's attention is the movement, a shift of the head that was far more than just the wind. The head turned to look at the group with a face devoid of eyes before it starts to rise... along with every other corpse.

Roll for initiative.
 
OP
KalTammy

KalTammy

Lone Knight
Joined
Mar 16, 2018
Location
US
As the Zombie's start rising from their shallow sandy graves, Nishe springs to action. Glancing to the stairway and the highground it provides, she starts making her way there, drawing one of her blades on the way as she shoots a nervous look to the deathless creatures further ahead. "Just what did I get talked into..."

Initiative: Nishe: 17+7=24(again)
Zombie 1: 5
Zombie 2: 11
Zombie 3: 18
Zombie 4: 7
Zombie 5: 13

Order: Nishe, Khettio, Zombie 3, Ana, Zombie 5, Willow, Zombie 2, Kas, Zombie 4, Zombie 1, Alderdrix.

==Round 1==

Nishe
Move Action: Moves around, hugging the edge of the wall.
Standard Action: Draw her Dagger

--

@ippo your turn

Battlemap
 

ippo

Star
Joined
Dec 9, 2018
A high pitched shriek escaped Khettio's lips as the dead things rose. With a poof! an actual tail popped out from the base of her spine, its bushy, dark brown fur puffed out. Placing both of her hands on Kas' back, she sputtered something in the dark, twisted tongues of Abyssal, and her tattoos glowed. Kas would feel a surge of clarity as the Guidance orison was cast on him!

For anyone who speaks Abyssal, Khettio is saying "Kill it! Kill it! Kill it!"
 
OP
KalTammy

KalTammy

Lone Knight
Joined
Mar 16, 2018
Location
US
As Khettio was sputtering in abyssal, one of the corpses began to move forward. The creatures did not seem to react or move very quickly, for it was only able to move where a stronger being might have been able to charge into the group already.

Zombie 3
Action: Shamble Forward 30 feet.

--

@Saber Arturia your turn

Battlemap
 

Saber Arturia

Beachserker
Staff member
Administrator
Joined
Apr 5, 2013
Location
US
Ana rushes forward, blade in hand as the one eyes warrior lashes out at the nearest zombie, hoping to strike a solid blow!

19 to hit, for 11 damage if struck
 
OP
KalTammy

KalTammy

Lone Knight
Joined
Mar 16, 2018
Location
US
Ana's blade strikes true, cutting into the carcass with ease. Her blade strikes it's slightly distorted gut, which proceeds to explode with a cloud of sickening miasmer. However the one eyed warrior is able to keep herself from breathing in any of it as the zombie collapses to the ground, dead once more.

Another one of the undead creatures shambles forward, this time towards Nishe, who looks on wide eyed as it approaches.

Zombie 3 dies, seems to explode in a burst of gas with no visible effects.

---
Zombie 5
Action: Shamble forward towards Nishe.

---

@RPG-Girl your turn

Battlemap
 

RPG-Girl

System Game Slut
Joined
Sep 30, 2015
Location
Toronto, Canada
As the dead rose, that pale energy around her arms would rise, becoming a sirocco, a whirl of life and pisitive energy, as she stood ready to stride forth... against most? She was not that threatening. Against undead? She had a trick that was particularly useful, even as she would move to stand beside Nishe, her hand ready to dart out when the zombie comes close.
 
OP
KalTammy

KalTammy

Lone Knight
Joined
Mar 16, 2018
Location
US
The corpse by the well locked what should be sightless eyes upon Ana. Giving a raspy screech the thing starts running forward, charging headlong right towards Ana, and slamming down with its decayed arms, only for her shield to block the blow from hitting her.

Zombie 2
Charges Ana: Slam-16 vs AC, miss

---

@Lord DreamCrusher You're up, and you are currently under the effect of Guidance from Khettio

Battlemap
 

Lord DreamCrusher

Primal yet Intelligent, Savage yet Sophisticated
Joined
Feb 17, 2018
Location
United States
Kas stiffened in surprise to fell Khettio's hands upon him and the magic flowing into him but the frightened way she was acting was somewhat endearing and he wasn't going to argue any semantics right now with the obvious threats at play. "Thank you Khettio but I need to move to get a clear shot." Having watched Ana slaughter one of the zombies in a single blow and blocked the attack from a second he currently felt that she didn't need the help just yet, better that he move just behind and to the right of the swordswoman and level an arrow to the zombie that was drawing closer to Willow and Nishe. Letting the magic guide him that much more Kas exhaled and focused his aim before loosing the arrow.

5ft forward and right so that he is behind Ana on her right diagonal space. Then shooting to the right at the zombie near Nishe and Willow.

Attack Roll:
[1d20+7] = 14+7 = 21

Damage:
[1d10+4] = 6+4 = 10
 
OP
KalTammy

KalTammy

Lone Knight
Joined
Mar 16, 2018
Location
US
The arrow strikes true, slamming into the torso of the undead and sinking in several inches. However a blow that would topple most people seems to have much reduced impact on the beast as it continues to shamble forward, undeterred. At this point two more of the shambling corpses move forward, eagerly looking to close in and kill these interlopers.

Arrow hits but doesn't do as much damage as it should have.

---

Zombie 4
Action: Moves 30 ft towards the party

---

Zombie 1
Action: Moves 30 ft towards the party

---

@lilithsboy Your turn

Battlemap
 

lilithsboy

Star
Joined
Nov 26, 2015
The Gnoll in front of Alderdrix takes a 5 foot step towards the zombie closest to them attempting to shive his spear into the chest of the rotting corpse.

12+3=15
2+3=5

Alderdrix for his part simply looks over at Khettio and replies in the same tongue

"While we are unsure if killing the undead is accurate we will attempt to follow the intent of your request."
 
Top Bottom