Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Restoration of the Sands

Khettio slapped the coin in Nishe's palm. "Thank you very much, friend. Take care."

She turned to the others. "If you don't mind, I couldn't help but notice her undressing me with her eyes. Perhaps she'll be more receptive to me if we want to divert her attention. Just be aware that I have no intention of doing anything unseemly with her."

"An Emerald, Sapphire, and a Topaz eh? Lovely, we told the others that they were being foolish for not charging more. The cost of two of the gems alone, if they are similar sizes, is almost as much." Alderdrix considers for a moment before continuing.

"If there is something to learn about your situation then we will try to learn it there, if we meet up with the siblings then we will try to inform them to keep an eye out as well, just because our goals do not align in one thing does not mean we cannot work together in others, and if they really are friends of yours as you suggested earlier then perhaps they will help with that much at least." Alderdrix finishes his food after he speaks.

"So Sir Ember this laughter did it sound humanish? I am surprised you have never asked someone to look into the past for you on this matter."

Taking the gold, Nishe twirled the coin in her fingers for a moment before it disappeared. At Khettios comment about the Lady's looks, the halfling took a moment to look over the Kitsune and snorted. "Not hard to do that." she stepped back then, blending back with the shadows.

"Didn't offer much? To be fair I didn't tell her how many stones there were. Nor am I completely certain they are exactly what she's looking for. But if they all are, well, then I'd negotiate with her before you give them to her. Girl has a lot of money behind her." He chuckled to himself then, as if to a private joke.

"You could say humanish, disembodied, sounded like it came from everywhere as we tried to escape, but a human throat could have made the sound."

With Khettio mentioning that the woman was veritably unclothing her, Ana shrugged. "That's fair. I'm not the best talker in the world and I don't think I look particularly fetching in heavy armor, so if you want to grab her attention? You're more than free to do so."

His food done Alderdrix relaxes obviously not intending to go anywhere more than content to sit and talk with Ember.

"Well she only offered basically exactly what a ruby of that size is worth, emeralds and sapphires rank right up there with it a topaz is understandably less, but you enchant anything and the price skyrockets. You may have noticed some tension between the others and ourself, that comes from them leaving me behind to go plan amongst themselves while we were distracted, we were intending to negotiate the price since it is so low and perhaps to get transportation to this area for faster and easier travel, but that will not work any longer and we do hate post hock negotiations. Why do you think we went ahead and told you the information you requested... Three pieces of information for the price of one, you are coming out ahead on this one." Alderdrix says admiringly before he considers for a moment.

"Let us prewarn you we have no control over the others they are wild and hate us so will do nothing we request. That being said even if they kill this thing so long as it is able to be tamed all will not be lost if you want us to be able to question it, there is an item we have heard about one we hope to someday be able to make which can give us another shot at a creature. If it is untameable then we will bring back anything we believe could be of use Jaspar is particularly adept at such things.

"Now is there anything you need or want from us?"

Khettio narrowed her eyes at Nishe, and as she disappeared, she turned to the others. "What does she mean by that? Is she suggesting that I'm not appropriate?" She looked down at herself, as if making sure she was still wearing clothes. "This is perfectly normal outfit for this climate."

He smiled as she kissed his forehead, a nice gesture that wasn't truly required but it seemed that she was taking his words to heart and attempting to give him just what he asked for. Then again with the way she spoke so softly he truly couldn't tell if perhaps she was being sincere in her desires to see him again, such random passion came naturally to him but there was always some connection left behind to bind two souls together in time. Kas didn't answer, not wanting to lie when his intentions truly were at this point to leave this town once everything was all said and done likely to not return for who knows how long, instead he brought his lips to hers again softly and kissed her with a longing for this time to not be over even though they both knew it was.

Slowly he had to uncouple himself from her, sliding her up to free his shaft which remained slick with her juices and evidence of her own enjoyment otherwise of his efforts. He cleaned himself off as best he could before he finally spoke up, slightly regretful if only for the chance that he might sadden her by his departure. [Elven]"If I can then you know I will. If not....well, enjoy your life as best you can." He pulled her into a warm hug, rubbing her back gently as he continued to speak. [Elven]"Even an Elf only gets one chance to wander this world, follow your heart and refuse to accept regret. Thank you, I truly needed this after so long and I hope this was not something you will soon forget." He pulled away with a smirk and knew that she would likely lay with plenty of men all things considered, true he enjoyed her company and would gladly seek it again but within his heart he had not true affections for her beyond her beauty. He said it constantly but he was a drifter and attachment didn't come easily to one who was used to having things ripped away without warning.

Kas would dress and don his leather pieces atop his desert clothing once more before finally he would depart with no desire to remain at the dunes any longer. Unless he was stopped for something he would simply be content to leave and wander the stalls of the market for a time, he needed time to clear his head before reporting in with Ember.

For her own part, Willow would shrug. "I do not claim to understand what city dwellers find proper. As you say, your clothing is practical." And it was, and even then, Willow did not care overmuch.

"I'm the one in heavy armor and working up a bit of a sweat." Ana chuckled. "You and Willow are the best dressed for the weather, i'm just the best dressed for combat." Ana piped up, shaking her head. "I wouldn't stress over it too much. Just as long as sand isn't getting in uncomfortable places."

Khettio's ears twiddled. "Whatever. Let's just get this done. If you two don't mind, please keep some distance so that we don't scare this woman off."

With that, she went in the direction she saw the red-haired woman go, trying to pick up her trail. Along the way, she cast Enhanced Diplomacy on herself just in case she ran into her.

Khettio tries looking around for the woman.

1d20+2 = 12+2 = 14

Last edited:
"Just this offer. If you're not satisfied with the deal the Lady gives you, come to me. I'm not as rich as her, but I'm able to make a fair offer."

It doesn't take long for Khettio to find the woman. She hadn't gotten far, having instead moved down to another one of the alleyways that connect the two streets, about a block away from where they were just talking with Nishe. Hearing the Kitsune's approach, the woman turned. "Ah, you return, any luck in your search?"

Khettio put on a bashful appearance, and curtsied to the woman. "Hello again. A-actually, I came to apologize for deceiving you earlier. I was hoping to make it up to you: I happen to be a bit of a fortuneteller." She held up a sheaf of her papers, many of them covered in black ink drawn in different designs similar to her tattoos. "If you like, I could give you a reading over a drink."

Khettio tries to entice the woman.

"Once again we hate post hock negotiations but if you are correct there are three gems, since the deal is for one we shall remember it. We plan on resting till the others get back, if you will excuse us?" Alderdrix goes to leave and retreat to the room he had been renting unless Ember wants something else.

The woman gave Khettio a speculative look, once more looking over the girls minimal dress before giving a nod with a slight smile. "It's been a long enough day I suppose. A drink sounds like a fine idea." The girl started walking, leading the way as she moved towards one of the taverns. She didn't go for the closest, one of the seedier dockside pubs that was crawling with sailors, but instead took the girl a couple of streets up to an establishment called 'The Majestic Carpet'.

Slipping inside Khettio would be presented with a rather pleasant establishment, while not the most upper class, it wasn't a place where she'd be too afraid of men making advances on her. Settling down into her chair, the woman stroked back her red hair into something more orderly after a day wondering the streets. "I don't think I've had my fortune told since I was a child at a festival, how does it work?"

"The Magic Carpet. Fitting for what we're going to do." Relieved that they weren't just going to duck into a shady, smelly drinking hole, Khettio allowed herself to relax. She was going to do something she'd done countless times, after all. "So, what you're going to do is hold out your hand. I'm going to feel its lines, textures, suppleness, and everything else. While I'm doing that, I'll let the winds of fate guide my other hand." Khettio placed a blank sheet of paper on the table with a vial of ink and a small pen. "When I'm finished, I'll read what I've done, and we'll know your fortune. Perfectly simple," she said, smiling at the woman.

"My name is Khettio, by the way. What's yours?"

"Rosalina, a pleasure Khettio." Rosa held out her hand as instructed, palm up unless Khettio directed her otherwise. "So that's it, don't need to answer any questions or tell you my life story? You just read my palms and get a fortune from it?" The woman seemed genuinely curious, eyes flicking between each implement the Kitsune brought out for this ritual.

"That's it." Khettio placed her hand on Rosalina's palm. Ginger and supple fingertips traced over and along it as she said they would. The pen in her other hand moved over the paper, dragging black lines in no apparent order. Khettio's eyes were focused on Rosalina's hand, flicking to hers now and then in a furtive manner, almost as if trying not to be caught doing so.

After some time, she drew back both of her hands. There was hardly a blank space on the paper, with the rest covered in strokes of varying weights and values, like a lunatic's drawings. Khettio studied it hard.

The entire time Rosalina watched the process with clear interest, eyes flicking between Khettio's hands and what they were doing. Sometimes her gaze flicked over the girl herself, but less often.

The whole process took a little over ten minutes, as the Kitsune reached out to the mysterious energies she was attuned with. When at last she was done, Khettio had a paper, that despite being in no known language, gave the Oracle a sense of who Rosalina was.

The woman wasn't a nice one, fine to kill and burn if it gotthe job done, Khettio gets a sense that she wpuld habe started burning that part of the city to flush Nishe and her friends out. There was no particular malice attached, just a cold sense of practicality and a lack of empathy. The woman was used to dealing in poisons and bolts, underhanded and efficient. Khettio also gets the sense that this woman is stronger, more powerful, but not by an insurmountable margin. However the womans future eludes he Kitsune.

Khettio's expression went from scrutiny, to interest, to concern, and many others before she looked up from the drawing. She hummed. "You've led an interesting life, from what I see here. You have a lot skills that the average person doesn't, and you use them with practicality and efficiency. You try not to let emotions get in the way of your day-to-day." Khettio made a show of scrutinizing the drawing, bringing it close to her face. "That's very odd. I don't see--oh, there it is: you're going to make someone happy, and you'll be rewarded for it. Who that someone is, or what the reward will be, I cannot see. It's definitely future-tense, though."

Khettio is lying about seeing Rosalina's fortune.

Rosalina listened intently, showing no contradiction in her expression as Khettio described her. When it came to telling her fortune, the lie Khettio made, it seemed for just an instance that Rosa might see through it. "Making someone happy hey? Vague, I wonder who it'll be?" Seems the woman has bought the lie, giving no indication that she saw through it.

"In any case, thank you for this fun little distraction from my usual day."

For her own part, Willow will just have been following along, keeping quiet. There was no need for her to speak, and so, she would remain silent for the moment... even as she wondered if that was all the distracting.

Hoping that Rosalina was fooled, Khettio pushed the sheet of paper across the table to her. "Keep this, if you like. I hope I was able to give you some insight, and thank you for humoring me. Goodbye, and perhaps fate will tell me when we'll see each other again, Miss Rosalina." She rose and left the establishment, taking Willow with her.

"Alright, I think that's enough time. Did Nishe tell you anything else?" she said in a whisper.

With the task seemingly done, Khettio, Willow and Ana could return back to the Golden Oasis. About this point coincidentally, Kas too would come back from his browse through the market, now returning the group all into the same building, if not quite the same room just yet. Ember is relaxing after his meal at this point, one of the serving girls standing over him as she applied some ointment to the ever present burns on his face. Opening his eyes, he gestures to another one of the staff who slips upstairs while he himself straightens and smiles to the approaching group. "Please, come and sit. Nishe came by and told me everything, and your companion Alderdrix said you were likely done with your task. So I think you've upheld your end of the bargain, yes?"

A few minutes would pass before the final member of the party would arrive from being summoned down, along with the staff member who held a small scroll case. Handing the scroll case to Ember, he opened it up with a sigh, unrolling the parchment within upon the clear table. There the party could see a map, leading out into the desert, seeming to lead to some oasis. There are handwritten notes, little directions to navigate by into the open desert. "Here is what I know. I'm sure the Lady told you that these gems were created by a group of Sages and other intellectuals. Well these Sages built little sanctuaries for themselves, out away from the towns and cities for whatever reason. This here was a site an old friend of mine got a lead on, and a foolish young man navigated them too, even made a map of it."

He leans back in his chair a bit, letting anyone get a closer look to the map if they desire. "It's not a giant building, mostly dug into the side of hill. Call it maybe a dozen rooms in all. Deepest part of it, past a ravine, there is a room with three gems inside. Protected of course, traps that were off came alive at once. But I'm sure you all will be quite capable of handling it all."

Alderdrix eyes the others warily as he comes into the room, not bothering to speak to any of them unless directly addressed as he listens to Ember. Eventually eyeing the others in case they have a problem again with him asking questions he speaks up.

"Do you remember the locations of any of these traps as well as what they do?"

"Regrettably, I don't. Don't remember a lot after everything started going to hells. There was fire a lot of it, outside the inner chamber and right at the entrance. No scratch that, just at the entrance, was more like a sandstorm we ran through outside the inner chamber." He rubbed his forehead, as if trying to will memories in there. At last he shook his head. "Too much of a pain filled haze I'm afraid."

Back
Top Bottom