Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Restoration of the Sands

The woman smiled, seeming to have taken a liking to Kas instead of finding him suspicious. "Thank you, will be better once we are finally on the move anyway. Guarding for Gnolls is more interesting than listening to Harger yell about late supplies." The woman shrugged. "See you around Mr..?" Should Kas give her a name she would respond with. "Names Nile, a pleasure."

Leaving to retrieve his belongings he'd find them all still where he left them this now left him with the choice of what to do now. He could go back to Ember and report his success, go to the Dancing Dunes and help Alderdrix or go and seek out the rest of the party and help them. Or else kill time however he so desired.

As Alderdrix walks towards the Madame, his eye will be caught on the sand pit bellow. Following her gaze he could see movement, something in the sand... or rather the sand itself moving, it didn't look right for something to be beneath it, rather the whole thing was shifting on its own accord.

Of course he would tell her his first name at least, he wasn't one to fear such a thing and this woman was friendly enough that perhaps fate might see them cross paths again. "You can call me Kas and likewise, perhaps we will meet again Nile. I go where the wind takes me after all, curiosity is in my nature." Eh more like apathy was in his nature but people tended to respond better to curiosity than a perpetual state of detachment from ones surroundings.

All in all he departed and gathered his things once more before deciding what to do now, decision making wasn't much of a strong suit for him but in this case he was having an especially difficult time in making up his mind. Kas certainly didn't trust Aderdrix to be left alone but on the other hand the man had proven insufferable thus far and he didn't really cherish the thought of working with him or checking in on him. The women seemed more than content to check on the urchins and he figured that with Khettio's rage alone they would probably be fine not to mention the warrior woman with them.

That made it obvious what he should do even if it was likely to be terrible and Kas set off for the Dancing Dunes with a long sigh, at least he could be there to keep an eye on him if nothing else. He certainly didn't want to wait around doing nothing though when he might be able to expedite the process and get the job over with at a brisker pace.

Eras takes cover behind the wall allowing Jasper to be his true eyes and ears. While back there he cast detect magic so he hopefully can get an idea of what auras are back there.

She would nod at her tattooed companion, before she would continue, trying to move as quietly and unobtrusively as possible, to be a shadow as she sought to know... what was the woman doing?

Stealth; 19
Perception; 14

Casting Detect Magic, he would see a few magical auras coming from the Madame, the strongest and most notable of which was the ring she was running her fingers along. That had a Strong Conjuration aura to it.

(Jasper needs to roll a Will Save)

Still appearing to avoid detection by the woman, even as she would look back to see if she was alone. Returning to look ahead and around the woman would speak, her tone clearly conveying the threat she made. "Come little one's, I know you are here. Don't make me burn you out of your holes..."

Still on route to the Dancing dunes...

The moment Jasper is targeted with anything he either disappears or switches from passive to active he is now actively controlled by the trainer. his will save is a 12.

As Jasper creeps closer to listen in, the cat suddenly gives a long yawn, stretches out and goes to sleep.

(Jasper wasn't the target of anything, he just entered a sleep aura and failed the save. So suppose he is active now, but still asleep.)

Khettio remained hidden, watching and listening the woman. Her ears twitched and swiveled as if to get a better angle for hearing. If the woman was speaking to children, could they be the pickpockets they were looking for? She looked to the others to get an idea of what they thought.

For her own part, as she listened in, she would frown. The woman was seeking to burn the children out if they did not come? She was aware that the savages that dwelled in the cities were fond of casual violence and capable of unholy cruelties, and this hunter of children? That seemed to confirm things for her, as she would slowly move closer, eyes hard on the woman back....

Stealth 18
Perception 20

Trying to remain hidden with Kettio, Ana kept a hand close to her blade as she remained. Stealth really wasn't her strong suit, but it was clear from the frown on her face and her hand resting on her pommel that she wasn't a fan of the woman's tone to the children.

19 perception, 15 stealth in case I need to roll either.

Alderdrix takes a moment to recall Jasper awakening him before setting him back out to go spy again. Jasper moves more carefully this time ensuring that he does not enter the aura of sleep.

A few minutes of her wandering goes by before the woman suddenly stopped. Tilting her head she turned, facing in the direction the trio were following from, evidently she finally heard the group as she made a search. "Mmm, little one's? No, don't sound quite right. Why don't you come out dears, or would you prefer I burn you out?" A hand slowly slips into her little basket there as she stands there, smiling sunnily towards the three.

Having Jasper avoid the aura and keeping careful watch, Alderdrix is able to figure that the aura is radiating out about 20-feet out from the sand pit, or rather the thing in the sandpit. Slowly, whatever talk was happening died away, and the sands seemed to settle to normal. The Madame would straighten then, stop playing with her magic ring and slowly turn to walk, not looking like she noticed either party watching her.

Looking back to the entrance, Alderdrix will spot Kas arriving at about this point.

Arriving outside The Dancing Dunes, he would be greeted by a pair of guards, both Elves. Seeing his enormous bow, the larger of the two pulls out a long white ribbon. "Going to need to ask you to leave that with us or peace bind it. The Madame does not tolerate any violence."

Complying with either request, Kas would be allowed inside, greeted by the dancing on the stage to the right, slowly turning more erotic as many of the Elven dancers, men and women, began to strip out of some of their outfits. He would not immediately spot Alderdrix however, to the left or right.

Alderix walks out having gathered the information he needs meeting Kas at the entrance. "And what exactly is it you need?"

Knowing that they'd been had, Khettio whispered a quick incantation. Once again, a tattoo on her body glowed as she cast another orison on herself, and she felt her words, tone, and body language become fluid and appealing. She stepped out from behind the corner with her arms spread. Of the three of them, she hoped she appeared the least threatening. "No burning is necessary, friend. Don't be afraid, as we're not following you with ill intent. My name is Khettio."

Khettio attempts to diffuse the situation.
1d20+9+2 (Enhanced Diplomacy) = 24

He nodded at their concerns but had no intention of handing over the only thing that remained of his parents. "You may bind my arrows if you wish or I can leave them with you but I'm not keen to part from my bow." Even stashing it so he could visit the caravan had been nerve-wracking to him and he was not looking to repeat that event any time soon without a dire need.

Still once things were settled he would step inside, not feeling any desire to point out the dagger he kept tucked away but if course having no intention to use it for battle any time soon in any case. His yellow eyes swept the stage and noted the Elven dancers as they began to shift into a more sultry and sensual performance as clothes seemed to be disappearing at a fairly steady rate.

He was about to pull up a seat and enjoy things while keeping an eye out for Alderdrix but of course he was interrupted by the insufferable individual no sooner than he had walked in it seemed. "I need nothing from you save to ensure you aren't bumbling around and telling more people about the special places in hell reserved for them. My task is finished, what of yours?"

"We care not to speak to you so long as you continue to be rude to us leave or there will be consequences." Alderdrix continues out of the Dunes untieing his bow and handing back the ribbon. Alderdrix begins walking looking for a library of the arcane.

The woman watched as the scantily clad Kitsune stepped out from her hiding spot. There was an expression of mild surprise, whoever the woman had expected to see, Khettio was not on that list. "Not a little one at all." Eyes flicking over the oracles body briefly. "Not following me with ill intent hmm? Then why do you follow me friend?"

They accept tying his arrows, and wrap the ribbon visibly around the lot.(Full round action to untie)

Turning to leave, Alderdrix would be able to find a few streets down a library known as 'Thoth's Sanctum', it partly serves as a temple, but has plenty of magical knowledge within. As for Kas at this point it is up to Kas whether he follows the man, or simply stay and enjoy the establishment.

Alderdrix goes to the library asking for help identifying creatures from the lower planes particularly the abyss he searches for any book which is illustrated using it with Jasper to identify exactly what it was Madam Isa'var was conversing with.

Right, because Alderdrix wasn't rude to him in the first place to start their simmering feud. Kas simply shook his head and moved to sit down and relax. After all he had only just arrived and leaving now would look strange to any onlookers, plus he had no intention of spending any more time with this man than he needed. So be it, if he fucks up his job then that's on his head and not his own.

Settling in to enjoy the show, he is left alone for a good few minutes, enough time to get a good view as the dancers made their performance. As the first act began to wind down, with some of the Elves rotating out, Kas would be approached. One of the staff, a Half-Elf girl, with chocolatey skin and raven black hair steps up to his side. She wears a loose fitting silky garment, almost see through in places and with plenty of exposed skin along her midriff and back.

Standing before Kas, she smiled, jade coloured eyes twinkling. "Good evening sir, I hope you're enjoying yourself so far. Can I interest you in anything, refreshments, entertainment." Running a finger down her side to imply what she meant by entertainment.

After several hours Alderdrix will come out with what he needs, finding information that seems relevant. As he sets the book down from his studies, the question becomes what to do now? Act on it, go inform Ember,go find the rest of the group to help them out or something else?

Khettio tilted her head like a curious dog. Was the woman checking her out? Though unexpected, it wouldn't surprise her, given her attire--or lack thereof.

"Please forgive me if I'm being rude, but you don't seem like a local. We saw you go into this alley, and feared for your well-being. This part of town is known for being a den of robbers. But we didn't want to alarm you by making a scene, and so watched from a distance."

Khettio tries to discern whether or not the woman is attracted to her.
1d20+5 = 19+5 = 24
Obviously, Khettio is bullshitting the woman.
1d20+5 = 1+5 = 6

His yellow eyes ran up and down the half-elf's body as she approached, smiling back as he appreciated what apparently was on offer according to her words. He would reply while raising an eyebrow slightly, showing clear interest in her display and playing his tone a bit coyly. At first he would speak in Elvish, though on the chance that she did not understand he would repeat in common. "I' salka moote de y' irma ar' il- ten' eatien. Aya-lle kaima amin yassen amin vanima? (I admit that the show has worked up an appetite and not for food. Perhaps you could help me with that beautiful?)" Kas wasn't rich by any means but he was already here so why shouldn't he relax and enjoy himself? Plus the desert was a fairly lonely place....

Khettio feels pretty confident that the woman is indeed checking her out and appreciating what she saw in the Kitsune's barely clothed body. "Following me to keep me safe? Sorry dear, but I know a lie when I hear one." The woman seemed to consider Khettio again before stepping forward. "Want to try again dear? Tis a dangerous place to be misleading strangers."

The woman certainly understood his elven, her smile growing a fraction at his response. [Elven]"I'd be more than happy to do that sir, a single gold and I am yours for the next hour." Paying the agreed to price, the girl will hand the money off to one of the guards to keep safe before taking Kas' hand and leading him away.

Heading to the left hand side of the building, she would walk along the many small rooms before entering an unoccupied one. The room was small, simple, but effective, a fine bed dominating most of the space. Closing the door behind them, the girl turns to Kas, leaning her body back against the door, hips and chest pushed out a little. [Elven]"Well then stranger, what should I call you and what would you like?"

Alderdrix does not intend to do anything about how she is getting information, he doubts the creature would be capturable given his current weakness so there is little to be gained. His job was to figure out how she got her information and he feels he succeeded quite well so he heads off to go see Ember, not wanting to force his presence on any of the others since they have seemed intent on avoiding him since the moment they met.

Back
Top Bottom