Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Battle for Survival (Sol Invictus and Nadie)

Sol Invictus

Super-Earth
Zeke rushed into the police station quickly shutting the door behind him. A rabid decaying dog lept at the door a second too late. "What the hell is going on here?" Zeke said to himself as he walked the halls of the station. Suddenly he stopped and looked around. "Why is it so quiet? Where is everyone?" He had hoped that the police would have be able to protect themselves from whatever was going on but it seemed he was wrong.

He hears a loud rumbling behind him followed by a crash. The dog had managed to bash down the door and was chasing after him. He rushed into a nearby door shutting it quickly. He let out a sigh of relief as the dog went running past. He backed away from the door and bumped into something soft on the ground. He turns around to see a beautiful woman lying on the ground.

Lynn has been through a lot in the past few months. Almost every member of her team was killed in the mansion incident and then she came home to chaos. She managed to survive this far but her worn and beaten body gave out and she laid out cold on the floor in the stars room. She laid on her back motionless except for her steady breathing to signal that she wasn't like the monsters out there.

He sighs with relief when he noticed her breathing. "She's not one of those...monsters." He quickly checks her over to make sure she doesn't have any injuries. Once he's sure she's not infected he pulls her up and tries to shake her awake. He wouldn't normally do something like that but with monsters on the loose waking up with a concussion was preferable to not waking up at all.

Behind him, the door collapsed as the dog from before burst through it. Zeke grabbed the first thing he could reach, which turned out to be a chair and he hit it over the head. It only stunned it momentarily but that was enough time for him to grab the unconscious woman's gun and blow the monsters brains out. With the door broken and the scent of blood in the air, this room was no longer safe. He hoisted the woman up and placed her over his shoulder. He didnt even know who she was but he wasn't going to leave someone to die. He moved as quickly as he could out of the room trying to find a safe place.

Lynn didn't respond when she was shaken. Her body was tired and worn out from her ordeal. She didn't even wake from the sounds of the door crashing and the gunshot. She remained motionless as she was lifted on someones shoulder and carried off.

He takes her into a bathroom. He desperately needed to wake her up. He couldn't fight off the zombies and carry her at the same time. He puts her down next to a toilet. He didn't want to do it but he couldn't think of anything else. He takes her head and dunks it in the toilet. "Wake up." He whispered loudly in his ear. He wanted to be louder but he couldnt risk bringing attention to them.

Lynn stayed out cold until she felt cold water hit her face. She struggled under the water until she was brought out and screamed at. She broke free of of the man's grip then punched him hard in the face "What the fuck are you doing?!?!" she yelled then started gagging and coughing from the water.

"Listen you stupid bit....." He breathes slowly and calms himself down. "You were unconscious and those monsters were attacking. I needed you awake so you could help me fend them off." He reaches up to wipe away the blood trailing from his nose. He stands up and looks around. "Look we dont have much time to talk. We need to figure out what's going on and how to stop it."

"Oh" Lynn said then sat up and went to the sink to wash her face of the toilet water "You could have used the sink you moron" she said as she glared back at him "And I already know what's going on" she said bluntly.

"Do you always call people morons when they save your life. I could have just left you passed out instead of risking my life to get away from those rabid dogs. Besides this isn't exactly an ideal thinking enviroment. I mean..." He pauses mid sentence. "What do you mean you know what's going on?"

"I do when they're as stupid as you." Lynn shot back as she snatched her gun back from the man and checked the ammo, a little pissed that he used her last bullet. "Yes I do. These monsters are a result of a viral outbreak caused by the Umbrella corporation" she explained as she changed the clip.

"That's nice to know. Next time I'll leave you to die." This woman's attitude was already grating at him. He didn't need this right now. If it wasn't for the fact that she seemed to have some knowledge of the situation he would have left then. "A virus did this? Are you telling me that they... used to be normal people? How do know about this?"

Lynn just glared at him. She didn't need this herself but he looked to be in good shape and he might be of some use. "Yes a virus. Did I stutter? And yes, these monsters where once living beings. I was apart of the stars team that went to the mansion to investigate the murders that where happening in the mountains. Only a few of us made it back alive" she said then made her way out looking both ways before heading out, gun drawn "You coming or not?"

He shakes his head in disdain. "Yeah, I'm coming." He pulls out a handgun he scavenged from a body in the bathroom. "You know what's going on, right? Does that mean you have some sort of plan?" He says as he follows her into the hallway.

"Yeah, my plan is to get the hell out of here alive" Lynn said as she continued down the hall and into the next room which had to directions to go. She went down the first corridor then came back. "The door is boarded shut."

"It's alright. I know another way to get to that area." He opens a nearby door and heads inside not waiting for her to follow. He takes the safety off as he slowly makes his way down the hallway.

Lynn got in front and opened the door to the library "Stick by me. I know this place like the back of my hand" she said as she kept her gun up and walked around the library.

(I really do haha^^)

He follows closely behind her. "Sure, I'll stick by you." He watches as she moves. "So what are you? I know your not a cop. Are you military or private security?" He lifts up his gun putting his finger on the trigger. He was still nervous holding a gun. He had gone shooting with cop buddies before but the dog from before was the first living thing he had shot. That being said he would die before he showed fear to this woman.

Lynn moved slowly around the library for anything before she stopped and turned back to the man "You know I didn't catch your name"

"I was just thinking the same thing. My name is Zeke. I used to work here as the forensic scientist." Suddenly he jumps at her and pushes her down. As he rolls on the ground he fires three shots with his gun. A mutated zombie falls down next to her.

Lynn yelped then watched as he shot the zombie then quickly get up dust herself off "Thanks, and the name's Lynn"

He smiled at her. She actually looked pretty when she wasn't being mean. "No problem. I'm sure you'll be saving my life a couple times before we escape."

"You can count on that" Lynn chuckled then made her way out the double doors and out to the main room. She made quick work of the creatures there and continued down the path.

He followed closely behind her assisting her when necessary. After a couple hallways Zeke starts breathing heavily. He was in great shape but he had already fought hard to get to the police station, thinking he'd be safe there. He leaned against a wall huffing and puffing.

"Getting tired already?" Lynn teased as she peaked out the door leading to a stair case then looked down the hall to see a group of crows peaking at a corpse.

Back
Top Bottom