Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Poltergeist Containment (GuardianAngel x Verbose Villain)

The two agents slept through the night, wrapped in or enwrapping the two patients. They managed to sleep a few hours before something seemed to change about the ghosts outside. Instead of the massive amount of noise, a slow lull began to fill the hallway.

Rick woke first to find Olivia's head draped on his shoulder, drooling on his jacket. He let her stay there for a moment, reclaiming his bearings. They were in the hospital. In danger. But maybe it was daytime. He cocked his head to one side, listening for the ghosts.

A few hours of sleep and it seemed like everybody was awake, or close enough. Lily was partially awake, just listening to the sudden silence that just seemed to fill the hallway at that point in time. Well that wasn't concerning whatsoever. With that she was just looking up at Jake and nudging him gently, to get him to wake up. Time to get going sooner rather than later.

Olivia was awake soon after he was awake, although she really didn't say anything at all, she was watching the door at that point in time, as though waiting for the door to suddenly open up. "The ghosts are gone.... it is too quiet.... " she spoke in a low voice, a frightened voice. Well there was the child like Olivia present already.

Jake snorted as Lily nudged him. Gradually, he lifted his head and looked around. "What? This isn't the facility bunk. We didn't get trapped in one of the containment rooms, did we?"

Gradually, he regained his bearings. Then his memory of the night before. "Oh. Oh!" He blinked for a moment. "Is it morning?"

---

Rick enjoyed the brief extra moments of Olivia next to him, and then he stood. "You're right. It is very quiet. Maybe it is morning?"

Truth was, he knew nothing about how these spirits operated. He was completely dependent on Olivia for knowing when it was safe to go out. He wasn't sure how he felt about that.

"I believe it is morning... Perhaps anyways, who actually knows." Lily was commenting before she was gazing at the door, studying it for a moment. After that she was making a comment that it was probably safe enough to leave. With that she was getting to her feet, and going over to the door, pushing it open.

Olivia was just watching him for alment before she shook her head then spoke "I.... I think so... I don't know." But she was looking towards the door as it seemed to open almost magically. Only Lily.

"Lily! " Olivia gasped and got to her feet which had the blonde raising her hands in self defense but she was otherwise calm.

"Child. Tends to cling to me." Was all Lily was stating to Rick, to explain what was evening happening

Jake froze for a moment after Lily opened the door. He stood, waiting for some ghost or other nasty to come through the door. None did.

Unable to believe it, the SCP agent poked his head out and looked down the corridor. Nothing. Not a spook and not a spectre. With a sigh, he said, "I think that we are safe for the moment." Then he watched as Lily went towards Olivia and Rick's cell.

Rick smiled when Lily opened the door. "I'm glad you made it. We were worried about you guys." He nodded toward Olivia. "Well, mainly Olivia, admittedly. But I did wonder about how you were doing."

"You two have a good night? Sleep well?" He stretched and yawned.

Lily was just looking towards the pair of them before she spoke, "Oh I can imagine that she was worried." After that she was stepping back so that the pair of them could step out of the room, not at all shocked that Olivia was wrapping her arms around her in a hug. This had the blonde haired female just patting her head in a "there, there" motion before she was looking towards Rick when he was asking questions.

She was waving a hand before she spoke, "It was well enough. Although I'll definitely be happier to get the hell out of this place."

"Do you think the ghosts will let us go? They were talking last night.... they don't want to let us leave...." Olivia whispered and was just shaking her head a bit, just staying close to Lily at that point in time. The blonde was letting out a small breath of air before she spoke, "We will.... figure something out. There is always a way."

After that Olivia was unclinging from Lily and reaching out a hand to help Rick up from the ground, while Lily was going over to get Jake to join them.

Rick took the hand offered and stood. His muscles ached from the odd position that he'd been in all night but he felt...good. Satisfied. Odd, because he usually only felt that way after a night with a woman.

Jake nodded to the other agent, but his focus was on the hallway. "I don't see how they can keep us in. Sure, they've got some corporeal capability, but nothing too unusual. Honestly, I think that we should leave now."

"Without finding the source?" Rick shook his head. "We're likely going to get chewed out and sent back in here. We could use some backup, though. I don't think that they anticipated this much activity."

Jake frowned. "Well, no matter what, you're right that we do need backup. And they always say that any report is better than no report. We die, and they send more agents in here with no idea what they're doing." He looked at Lily. "Which way to leave the grounds? I've gotten turned around in here."

Olivia merely stayed by Lily although she was making a soft comment that one should never underestimate the spirits. They had already proven to be quite dangerous. And there were a few of them that weren't to be trifled with. So far they hadn't actually been attacked by them, but that could change within moments.

Lily was just folding her arms behind her head before she was commenting, "I feel like bring others here would be a stupid idea. The spirits are already riled up. How about now piss them off anymore." With that she was turning and gesturing for the others to follow after her so that they could get going. Although eventually it was the childish Olivia that was taking over, bouncing off ahead of them.

"Lily! There is a problem! Humming!" Olivia called from ahead and was soon enough bolting back over towards them, and taking to hiding behind Lily. Oh now that it was quite. Yeah Lily could hear the humming, but it was difficult to tell where it was coming from, especially since where they were at now was more or less a four-way. Definitely not from behind them. They had been at the very end of the hallway and nothing had been there, all of the doors had been closed.

"I kind of hope we run into that spirit.... I really want to destroy it...." Olivia spoke although there seemed to be a different tone of voice, a deadly tone, one that had Lily shuddering a bit. Oh this was the dark personality come out to play it seemed.

The two agents went on alert. Humming? It was definitely getting louder, almost bouncing in a manner that would have seemed jaunty in another circumstance. Here in the asylum, with the knowledge that a murdurous spirit was causing the sound, it was far less innocuous.

"How in the hell do you destroy a spirit?," said Rick. His eyes ran over the flaking paint of the hallway, as if searching for some sort of shimmer to indicate the location of the ghost. "It's already dead, isn't it?"

Jake put his hand on the pistol underneath his jacket. "I don't know. There's SCPs that will do it, but..."

The humming stopped. For a long moment, silence reigned through the halls. Then Jake flew backwards, sputtering and choking as he clawed at his throat.

Back
Top Bottom