Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Roleplay turn offs

A few things that grind my gears are rpers that dont want to build a story or a fantasy just rp smut without any real content a "Im here to fix the plumbing" type plot. People that start rps but dont want to commit whole heartedly. Really bad grammer and writing in general. Everyone has mentioned a lot of things i find annoying but what really hits my berserk button is lack of communication plus what i call "Wannabe" syndrome.

I can understand trying out a kink/fetish or being really new yet willing to experience it learn about it but what i find absolutely disrespectful is when they think this is how a kink/fetish works especially for you when they have no clue and instead of admitting they have no experience they act like they are a expert not willing to learn or listen to anyone.

Rehashing the same story over and over again. I'm not saying we can't come back to the same themes from time to time or heavily feature a specific kink when naughty time starts. But let's explore a little.

People that want more then just a roleplay partner even though I have shown no intrest. If you do this, I dont want to keep working with you

Submissive characters that just lay there, basically reactionless besides moans or similar, while my domme is in control. I need more than that to stay interested, a character can still engage and do things, even when they're being topped.

Submissive characters that just lay there, basically reactionless besides moans or similar, while my domme is in control. I need more than that to stay interested, a character can still engage and do things, even when they're being topped.
Couldn't agree more.

I don't like it when smut happens too soon, or when it is just assumed that our characters will definitely bone. I prefer for sex scene to arrive more naturally due to a bad experience i had in a RP. the RP had our main characters work together towards a goal to rule the world through magic but there was no chemistry between the characters or spark, or such. it was pure business between the two and i just couldn't see a romance blooming between the 2 characters because they just didn't match at all. Every time something romantic happened, it just felt forced and broke the whole story. So ever since then i just don't garantee smut in my stories, i'd rather see if the characters have a spark or not. and if they don't well, not every good story needs smut >.>

one-liners vs my walls of text, lol. it doesn't feel rewarding when you put so much effort into painting the scene, creating immersion only to get 1-2 sentences in return explaining that their character "walked into the room and looked around".... -,-

And godmodding of course x-x the only godmodding i allow is when we get a bit stuck with our reply and my partner just needs my character in a certain position or something just to help move along the story. if it's small and doesn't affect my character's personality or way of thinking, etc... then i don't mind it that much.

On one or two line responses. I see this much complained of. But context matters, in a action scene in cinema no one would complain about quick cuts (let's ignore shaky cam). In literature, when time is compressed during action, it's common to find short descriptions and short dialog. James Ellroy (L.A. Confidential) is a good example of this. In cooperative writing, if one partner is driving the action in a direction unknown to the partner, then the other's reactions expressed in short descriptive text or verbal responses might be called for.

Walls of text. This isn't per se a virtue. Because, filler. There's almost no writing whose quality can't be improved by editing out a third. I make a living with writing (not as an author in the usual sense) so when writing here I review by asking myself, does this detail advance the story or is it necessary for creating atmosphere or character. If not, no matter how clever, out it goes.

Back
Top Bottom