Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Notice Post count requirement for sending/receiving PMs to be implemented

Since this thread is still ongoing, I just wanted to add: I really appreciate everything Vek and the admins/mods have been doing. I've been on this site for a long time, and it's nice to see some measures being taken to weed out trolls, spammers, and others who don't have kind intentions at heart. Even if I didn't already meet the threshold, this is something I'd be more than willing to do if it helped keep the site safer and my inbox less spammy. I know there's alot of dissent in this thread, but ultimately I definitely think this will be a positive vehicle for change.

I think that five posts is really not that much to ask for some kind of proof that someone isn't just here to cause trouble. I'm not sure I'd have put the time you have to wait in between making new threads at ten minutes, but it's not really the end of the world either. Whatever it takes to protect the member base.

What I mean by that, Cherry, is that it appears that after you have received full access, there is a ten-minute flood control that appears to be in place in the site. I'm not sure exactly where it says this if it's in the rules, but if you try and post, you will certainly notice when you want to start a new thread, about these restrictions that are in place. What I understand happened in short was someone was spamming and harassing members, and that is why these changes took place, but I'm not a moderator or anything, I'm just quoting what I remember reading.

Will someone explain ''The Ten Minute Rule'' or send me a link so I can read

If you're referring to not being able to start new conversations or post new topics in quick succession, it does just that. It can be a bit disruptive if you try to start new conversations frequently.

Otherwise you should be able to reply as often as you like, or nearly so.

i Really don’t care for this rule. I interact with people in private all the time and liked doing things that way.

I cannot, for the life of me, understand why this is a problem for anyone. Write an introduction and two request threads and *BAMB* you have 3 posts and can pm your heart out if you wish. Back when I first joined this forum, that was the first three things I did. It can be completed in less than an hour if you don't care about making things fancy. So, I don't see it being possible to make any reasonable argument against something so absurdly simple. It isn't as if they are forcing you to jump through hoops for their pleasure or pay a membership fee to use their forum.

Think of it this way: it will make it easier for those that want to write/play by pm only to find each other, because they'll all have request threads and intros. XD

Thanks for this! I've had issues with 0 post folks in the past as well, usually a banned member trying to sneak back in. Thankfully never had it as bad as it seems to have gotten for this to happen.

I believe game and discussion don't count toward your total post count. Regardless your name is blue and you seem to be cleared, so you should have full access and permissions to everything. It's only the people with grey names that ought to be missing any permissions.

That makes sense, it's a filter against bad intentions. But it's sad that measures like that need to be taken because of some annoying rude people.

So, obviously I'm new and a bit puzzled by the post thing. So in order to have full acess to the site which is somewhat conflicting. Where should the posts be given? I found this site off of gateway, and I pretty much stalked the roleplays for a few weeks before joining. Now to not have full access upon joining is disappointing but I suppose it is worth it.

So, obviously I'm new and a bit puzzled by the post thing. So in order to have full acess to the site which is somewhat conflicting. Where should the posts be given? I found this site off of gateway, and I pretty much stalked the roleplays for a few weeks before joining. Now to not have full access upon joining is disappointing but I suppose it is worth it.
Well, this counts as one post! The introductions forum is a great place to get your posts done, as your introduction will count as one and then responding to people who come to say hello to you on your thread or going to say hello to people on their introductions thread will both get you to the required 3 posts~

I’m a little confused (though support keeping the site safe!). I’m seeing 5 posts before full access thrown around a lot in the comments, but the thread says 3. Can you clarify if we need 3 or 5 posts for full access? (Plus asking this helps get me to the 5 posts if that’s the number :) )

Back
Top Bottom