Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Notice Post count requirement for sending/receiving PMs to be implemented

Vekseid

Most imposing inkwell.
Administrator
Recently an incredibly disturbing set of PMs got reported, the member in question got banned, then returned using a proxy to start a harassment campaign against the user in question, because obviously PM reports aren't evidence. Or something. While not the first time this has happened, it's been awhile, and we are getting more attention. So this is now getting implemented.

How the new system will work

1) Members with zero posts will only be able to post new threads in the introductions forum. It will be one of the few forums they get to see, so there should be limited confusion. The Introductions forum has now been hidden from Google and unregistered users, accordingly.

2) After making their thread, they will be able to make threads and replies elsewhere in the forum after a few minutes. They will be able to receive and reply to private conversations, however, so members with roleplays currently ongoing won't have issues once they make an introduction post.

3) After a minimum of 24 hours have passed since their registration, and they have made 3 posts, they will be upgraded to full access.

There may be some disruption if I made any mistakes with permissions, I will get that sorted asap, however, running through on a dummy account.

----

On another note, yes, I'm still being rather lazy regarding getting to the rest of the custom modifications I'm working on for BMR here. I will get to them. >_>

Thank you for your patience, everyone.

Last edited:
5 posts in the intro thread seems like a lot, and may cause new members to lose interest before getting started. Maybe some "PG" games could be available as well, something light and fun while they are being vetted?

They'll be able to make new threads across most of the forum, and reply in most places also.

Only the very first post is fully restricted to intros.

Wow, someone using a proxy just to whine.
Well keep up the good work guys. Would hate for this site to go the way of the dodo like so many other sites have in the past, all due to people ruining the fun for the rest of us.

Wow talk about someone taking something to seriously instead of calling it quits like an adult. I've never dealt with any nasties here so thanks for keeping BMR running safely (even if people like this can get through the cracks at times)

While 24h might sound like a lot I think 5 posts isn't too much to ask for and that time can be used to go over the rules ETC.

Are current members with <5 going to be grandfathered in, or will they also half to meet the post requirement?

Annoying, but understandable. It’s important for people to feel safe as well as welcomed.

Entertainment and General have enough spammy threads to cover most new members.

I wonder if maintaining this site and having to deal with challenges like this makes you feel like you're herding cats?

No, just 'I really need to take care of this' >_>

@xanaphia Members who already have a post won't need to make an intro, but they'll still need to get to five posts.

Full access includes full use of Private Messages/Conversations and the entire forum, as opposed to just a few of the more public styled forums.

Back
Top Bottom