Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Why should I love you? (Ironic and YourFavoriteSenpai)

YourFavoriteSenpai

Big Weeb Energy Surges
Moving in with my barbarian of a sister? I can't imagine my bad luck. Maybe she'll just stay out of my way. Gods, I hope so. Last time we saw each other was in childhood. She's an omen of bad luck. She's a beast! Each time I spent time with her, I was always looked down on by Father. "You should be like your sister." He would say. "Your sister won another tournament." I know. She was always the stronger one. She was always the better one in my Father's eyes. She was more popular around the common folk and the nobles. She had beauty that was only matched by our mother. She had everything. She took everything. All of my parent's love went straight to her. My mother was the only one who looked out for me. It sucks to see her leave for the war. But... Why have me move here? Why couldn't I stay within the confines of the castle library. That was my home. Not....

Here's your stop Prince Variance. The driver opened the door for Vari, greeting the young man with a smile. Your new home.

Here....

Your sister should be at home to welcome you. Please tell the young lady I said hello! Of course she would be.

Are you sure that everything in that bag is enough for you my lord? Would you lik- Vari stopped him, responding with a long sigh. No need. I have all the books I need and the clothes on my back. Surely the war wouldn't last for long... right? The driver bowed. My apologies for interrupting you my lord but your father. Ah yes, my so called... "Father" said that the war will continue for several years if not more than a decade. It will be a slow victory. It is a strong foe this time. Damn. Thank you Joseph. I could always rely on you. The driver smiled wide. No, it is my pleasure to drive you Prince. Vari placed a finger on his mouth. No more of Prince Variance. Mother spoke to me and gave me a new name. Just call me Vari. I'm supposed to be a commoner. Treat me like one. Vari handed a small gold bag to Joseph. Here's for the ride. Joseph quieted down, nodding his head. Certainly Vari. Thank you for your business. After taking the gold with him, he left.

Wait.... WAIT A MINUTE!!!

JOSEPH!!! STOP!!! Vari noticed the feeling of emptiness on his back. He left his bag inside the vehicle. JOSEPH! FUCK! He looked around, trying to find help only to see none. Alright fine... To use energy this early in the morning... He looked towards the little dorm room where he'll be staying for the next several years. Its your fault. You're cursing me already. He muttered underneath his breath. Ajul, I need you. From his arm came an undead holy knight. What do you want? Ajul sighed. Throw me! He looked confused. Throw you? Why? Vari cut him off. Just fucking do it! Ajul grabbed Vari and threw him towards the vehicle, breaking through the back window.

This hurts.... Ouch... Ouch ouch ouch.

Vari got up, grabbing his bag and waving at Joseph. Just wanted to grab my bag Joseph.. Thank you. He got off, walking slowly back to the house.

I hate this place already.

“Are you excited for college?” Valarie, one of the maids of her long forgetting fortress, inquired as she drove Elara Aldheim to her new abode. Before it was gossiped about being shared with her brother Variance and later held true. In her view, she didn’t mind her brother, but there was something about him that caused him to despise her. She was pleasant to him and always endeavored to tête-à-tête to make the tautness in the aura fade. Nothing ever seemed to work, ending the paid spiraling into a heated discussion.

I guess.” Elly heaved out an unamused sigh as she rested her elbow on the handle by the window, gazing out at the passing trees and houses before the college was in sight in the near distance.

“Why such the long face?” Val gazed at her momentarily through the rear-view mirror before adjusting her sky-blue hues onto the road. Valarie was always her favorite maid, practically her second mother.

I’m just anxious at seeing Vance. He’s just never liked me, and I’ve never done anything wrong. And knowing that we’re going to be living together for seven to ten years… It’s nerve wracking.” Elly’s arms crossed over her bosoms, giving the reflection of herself through the glass a glare.

“Maybe this time it’ll be different since the circumstances have changed. Don’t wear such a sad face, okay El?” Val always had a cheerful ring to her voice that could make Elly smile regardless of what had caused her worries.

I hope so, gosh. It’s been a year since I saw him. Since we’re twins I wonder if we aged the same.” The girl pondered before the vehicle came to a halt. Val was never good at breaking.

“Sorry!” She would flinch in apology before clearing her throat. “Anyways, we’re here. Your room is A120, please be careful and don’t forget your peppers-“

Are you seriously telling me to use something other than my skills in defense?” Val and Elly laughed it off, knowing well that her defensive skills were enough to handle any situation. "Thanks for the ride, Val. You have my number if you want to text. I'm going to miss you." Stepping out of the car they would quickly exchange a sincere embrace, unsure of the next time they'll be able to do this again.

"Now, go and make me proud." Val's voice quivered as if she were about to cry, and Elly knew she had a soft heart and always teared up over silly things. Heading towards the trunk Val would open it to reveal three gym-like bags, one purple, one blue, and one pink. "You sure you don't need help carrying those?"

"Yeah, I'm sure." Elly responded before heaving all of the bags, barley breaking a sweat. "I need to get my training in today some way or another, please do me a favor. Do. Not. Cry!" Val gave a shurg in response, meaning that if it happens it happens. Elly couldn't help but roll her eyes, giving a soft smile afterwards. "I have to go, love ya!" And with that, Val departed and Elara made it to her new home.

Inspecting the room, she would come to conclusion that she was the first to arrive, sighing in relief to know she could put her belongings up in peace. There were two bedrooms, a bathroom in each room so they didn’t have to share or worry if someone was taking longer than the other. A kitchen, a living room and a basement just in case. Both rooms were the same dimensions, so they couldn’t fight for who got the bigger and better room. Elara took it upon herself to get the one right by the living room.

Some time had passed, her bed made, tooth brush and feminine products in the bathroom, clothes put up in her drawers, special uniforms locked in her closet, and her weapon of choice, a sword, placed lovingly in its sheath by the bed.

Class didn’t start until tomorrow, Elly not knowing how to spend the remainder of her time. Instead she would sit on the couch and crank on the TV, flipping through the channels until a documentary of wild life crossed on.

Tomorrow she would have to go by Zira Miracle, a disguise so no one knew of her true identity, Princess Elara.

There was a small knock on the door.

Open up.

Followed by another.

Open up.

And another

Open up... It's burning out here.

And another.

Did she grow deaf? Or maybe she's not here. Or maybe she's asleep. Either way, I don't care. I'm coming in.

The door opened wide for the young man. The smell of rustic oak wood flowed through his nostrils as he stepped in. Although there was the bare necessities of furniture laid in their expected places, it was relatively empty. So much open space not being utilized. I guess no one's home. A smile broke through his face. Maybe she got the wrong address. Although the sounds of animals were coming from the living room, he didn't paid no mind. His goal right now was to get his small little magic machine set up. At least mother packed me something I can use. I can't exactly say the same for father. He sighed, walking into his room. Dusty. He looked towards the floor. Dirty. He looked at the ceiling. Covered in webs. What the hell am in? A barn?! That's it! Ajul! Come out!

The familiar came out of his slumber, wiping his eyes before looking towards his master. "What is it now Vari? Want me to throw you at a wall this time?" Vari face palmed. Hey! I needed my bag. "Sure you do." The familiar looked disappointing at his role. "From serving the strongest mages of the kingdom to now..." He looked at Variance. "You, Anyways just spit it out. What do you want?"

Vari conjured a feather duster, handing it to the heroic warrior spirit. Can you clean for me? this place is absolutely dirty! The familiar looked dead in his eyes. "I'm not a maid ready to be ordered! Do this yourself!" He roared, sitting on the bed with great force. Dust flew from the old bed, spreading all over the room, especially Vance.

He sneezed as he breathed it in. Oh great. More cleaning to doooACHOO! The sneeze spread more dust. Oh screw it. I'll just take the other room.

Not to many steps away laid an open door into Elara's room. It's beautiful. Furnished too! He looked around, admiring her small little additions. I wonder what's in here? He opened the closet.

Before him laid battle armor. To his right laid her clothes on a rack. To his left. Huh? I guess I do have a roommate. Ha, no way this is my sister's room. She's a warrior. Warrior's don't have clothes like these around. He grabbed her underwear off the floor in her closet and placed it in her dresser. It probably fell out while she was unpacking her bags.

There's no way that my sister is living here. He began having a small flashback to the last time they met as kids. She was always the daddy's girl. For all I know, she's probably winning another tournament.

Achoo!

Damn, my clothes are covered in dust. Well... No one is here.

He began taking off his clothes. Piece by piece until he was nude.

Well, the other room is pracitcally unlivable. I hope my roomate lets me stay with her.

He blushed, exposing a sly smirk across his face. Naughty thoughts rolled through his head and he shook his clothes out the window, letting the dust go.

“Achoo!”

Vance, is that you?” Elly spoke loud and clear, looking around but not seeing anyone. Maybe he is outside waiting… but I didn’t hear a knock She thought to herself before heaving upwards from the couch and heading towards the door. There was no peep-hole, so trusting her gut she opened it. Nothing. No one to even greet her.

That doofus is taking forever to get here. Did his car break down?” Sighing she wondered, taking out her iPhone from her outfit’s pocket before clicking on the name ‘Vance’ in her contacts and sending him a message.

Ding!

“Ehh? She widened her hues, not seeing Vance but his phone went off. She knew there was a door by his room on the layout that she was given on a piece of paper, but how would he have known what room was hers? Regardless, she would peep into his room, coughing as dust flew everywhere.

Elly already cleaned her room, removing any dust like how this room was, maybe she would be nice for her brother and clean it as good as she did to her own. But I heard his phone ring… She exclaimed before closing his before seeing the light seep through a slightly opened door that happened to lead to… her room?

Stange.” She spoke softly, unaware that she left it open before going to close it, only to see a nude man in her room… Vance?!

Taking the nearest object, which happened to be a lamp, she would ready it in a fighting stance, eyes furrowed and trying to concentrate on his face and not his…. You know.

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING IN MY ROOM… NAKED?! WHAT HAPPENED TO USING THE FUCKING FRONT DOOR?!

Ding

My phone? Oh... I wonder who it is.... Vari eyed the text, sighing once he read it. Where are you?

Where do you think? I knocked alread-

The door opened. The shock on her face was more than enough to remind him of who she was.

.... That's her alright. Maybe.... Maybe if I act dead. She won't see me...

He turned away from the door slowly.

Maybe... Just maybe.... I'm dreaming....

I'm not dreaming am I? Vari blinked a couple more times, even rubbing his eyes with his hands. I guess not...

Great... Now I look like I'm a pervert for my sister. It's her fault that she didn't open the door.

You didn't open the door dumb ass. The door was also unlocked, I thought there was no one here!

Really. Well, it's not like she's going to believe me.

COME ON! He yelled. WHY DID YOU GET THE CLEAN ROOM? UGH.

He placed his robe on, covering his body enough to cover his bare body before walking past her.

Why did she fucking yell at me anyways? It's not like I chose to be here with her. I was forced to. FORCED!

Damn. He muttered under his breath. It can't get any worse than this.

Vari opened the door back into the dirty room. It was even more of a mess than it was before he left. Ajul! What the hell happened here? The bed was torn apart. The curtains were shredded into pieces all over the floor. There was blood and guts sprinkled over the dusty floor. Did you kill something here?!

Ajul looked back at Vari with a smug look on his face. His sword was wet with the blood of his so called "enemies". "There were rats in this room. I'm simply took care of them."

Yeah! And you took care of the whole room too! It's not a room anymore! He face palmed, gently smacking the back of the knights head. Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse. I... I guess the living room couch won't be too bad. Its unfortunate that I have to live in a commoner's slum. But, at least mother is happy.

He looked over at his sister's room with a hint of disgust. I just wish that I didn't have to be with her. He laid on the couch, looking at the ceiling. For the most part the building was stable. However, it seemed pretty old and cheap for even commoner standards. Still, a home is a home.

”I don’t care if you’re home alone or not, there’s a bathroom for a reason, so use it with the door closed... don’t think you can go in my room and play dress up! And to think I was so excited to see you..” Calmly She placed the lamp back down where it rightfully needed to be, pinching the bridge of her nose with her thumb and index finger.

”Ugh, you and your familiar again.” She sighed out to see the destruction that his room came to b. “All you have to do is clean the room, damn it. It’s not that hard.” Thinking for a moment she replied, “I’ll clean your room for you and make it nice like how I did mine, but all I ask of you is to not be such a dick to me for at least a couple of days... and to not barge in my room.” Grinning sarcastically she would dismiss the lair to go into the living room while she worked on his bedroom.

A few hours had passed, a dirty bucket with dirty water and blood, and the room was spotless. Luckily she could get her hands on a spare mattress and new blinds and curtains. “If it gets dirty again or anything, I’m killing you personally. Your bathroom is cleaned too.

Hours later
"You know? She is a very beautiful girl. I don't see why you hate her so much Vance." Ajul didn't let him sleep. For him, it was clear that Vance's response was uncalled for. "Why are you so rude to your sister? She hasn't done anything wrong to you, even since we were here. She responded with help." He puffed, sitting on the chair nearby. "If I had a choice, I'd rather be her familiar than yours."

I know alright? Just let me be. I'm an asshole. Deal with it Ajul! He turned on the couch, away from the knight. You're stuck with me. At the least, can you just be quiet?

It's not like I chose to be this way Ajul. There was once upon a time where I did want to be her friend. She was nothing short but amazing to me. I just... I just can't be her friend. For her own good.
I loved my sister. No matter how much I try to hate her. I have to always remind myself everyday to. It's what I have to do.

"Your rudeness precedes my own understanding. Fine, if you want me to be silent. So be it!"

For her sake. I can't show any signs of affection. Damn this. If only.... If only she wasn't so damn popular.

Argh. Fuck. He groaned, getting up out of the couch. I can't sleep. Memories of his past tortured his mind. The past always seemed to creep back to him every time he had the urge to sweeten up to his sister. Vari shook his head, splashing his face with water before laying back on the couch. Yeah, I know she's pretty. She pretty damn attractive and kind. She's everything a guy wants in a girl. He turned over, looking at the television. It makes me sick. Why did I have to be the bad guy? He closed his eyes, returning to the dream realm.

Over 10 Years Ago
Oh. It's the same dream again. It's always been the same dream around her.

A boy knelt in front of a noble. His purple cloak covered his body hiding his scars.

"Hello Prince Vari." A noble sat in front of the boy, crossing his legs and leaning back against his throne. "I understand that you are the true heir to the throne."

Shut up. "The throne is awaiting you little boy, but there seems to be a problem." Shut the fuck up "Your sister is in the way. My supporters and I wish to have a male king on the throne." Yeah, fuck you and your supporters. "So we have a solution." Fuck your solution "We'll take care of her in the next training. Then you take charge." Fuck no.

The boy nodded his head. "Yes sir." Fuck me.

It always ends the same.

Father always believed that she was the stronger one. She always was, but the wolf would've been too much.

At the training
"Where's the wolf that was caged?" The king looked at his subjects, confused at the missing beast. "Unfortunate. Well, princess. i'll find another one personally for you.

Nearby

The boy opened the cage, letting the feral wolf charge after him. The guards were no where to be found. This trap was meant for the girl. Not him It looked like an accident. It had to. I don't mind that my arm was mauled, at least my sister was safe.
His blood covered the palace floor. For an arm, seeing her alive. Even if she hated me was more than worth it. If it wasn't for mother's healing hands. I would've died there. Was it the smartest decision? Probably not. What the hell did I know? I was a kid. At least father found me before it was too late.

"Damn it boy!" The king ran towards the beast, ending it's life with one slash towards the neck. "Useless. Why can't you be like your sister." If I told him, he wouldn't believe me anyways.

This wasn't the only time however.

2 years later
The boy stood in front of nobles that supported him. "We have another way to oust her from the kingdom." Their smiles disgusted me. But if I didn't act like I was with them, I couldn't foil their plans. "We'll summon a warrior hero to take care of her for us. We can label it as an unfortunate loss from bandits."

Luckily.... Or maybe unluckily. I read a couple cursed books beforehand about how to control a familiar. "Yes sir."

The day that I met Ajul. Man, he still hates me to this day.

"Oh? Are you the little one I was meant to slay? You're not a problem. Ha, to get the great Agile to fight against a mere child. Looks like nobility can't handle anything by themselves these days." The boy walked over to him, putting a hand over his armor. "Oh? What will a little boy like you do to someone like me?"

The spell I used had a cost.

The boy looked up at the knight, casting a spell using his own blood.

"A cursed spell?! You'll die!"

At least she was safe. Ever since that day. I knew that I had to keep her away from me. I had to remember. I had to for her sake. For my mothers sake.

Present Time
I guess over time I grew to hate her. Maybe I trained myself to. Well.... I hate everyone else too. She had all the friends. Everyone liked her. Because of how I treated her, everyone turned on me. Everyone hated me. The only one who understood what I've went through mother. She had all the talent, she had all the wealth. She had everything! Why do you think I hated you? Fate never sided by me. Fuck! This is the worst.

He awoken from his nightmare. The scars on his body reminded him of the sacrifices he made. For mother. He walked over to her room before stopping outside it. The sword. He walked towards it, breaking the rule she gave him by entering her room.

A cursed sword? I mean... I could try and break the curse.

He peered out the room, looking out for her before sneaking away with her sword.

This thing is dangerous! Can't she see it? I don't care if it comes with extra strength, it'll hurt her.

As he walked towards his bag, he stopped.

Wait... She's probably going to fuck me over if she sees me with it.

He walked back towards her room. I really hope she doesn't catch me.

Elara had no idea of her brother taking the bullet for her not only once, but twice. Let alone unknown to the fact that someone was trying to kill her. She had done nothing wrong, but training like this would only make her stronger in case an incident would ever occur in the present. She was ready for whatever would be thrown at her.

Regardless of how salty Vance acting towards her, she still loved him with all her heart. It always pained her when they were away. It was always like meeting someone new again when they would hang out after a year. They both changed so much, but now that they were in their 20’s it wouldn’t be as drastic of a change. Not like their teenage years.

Being accepted by everyone, the one and only person she wanted acceptance from was her brother. Yeah, she had friends, family who loved her and cared, but seeing it come from Vance personally, face-to-face and not behind her back would be nice too. The only person she was trying to impress, but nothing she did was good enough. She tried harder for that reason.

Stepping out of his room she would pat her head dry with a napkin as sweat beaded at her forehead from the hard work she had just done. But something was off, she could sense it. Just as she looked around for Vance she would see him.

Going to her room.

With…

Her sword?!

Nu-uh! Come here you little punk ass! Didn’t we just fucking make an agreement? I clean your room, you keep it clean, and you leave my room alone and all of my valuables in it!” Steam was practically welling her from her ears, face turning redder than a cooked Lobster. “You know how much that sword means to me… It’s my lifeline!

Marching his way, she would snag it out of his hands, quick to place it back in its sheath by her bed. “Besides, you don’t know what this is capable of. Do. NOT. Touch. It.

I can never accept you. I will never accept you.

Fine! Here. Here! He placed it in her grasp, dropping it in her arms. Damn thing is too heavy to steal anyways.

I hate this. I hate you and everyone who "loves" you.

He puffed, pushing her to the side as he walked into his room. It's your fault that you left it so open for others to grab. Take care of it more.

Being the bullied one. I saw how some of those friends only "loved" you because of your status. They acted so different when you weren't around. But its not like you'll ever know which. Ah well. There's no point. Ten years right? That's not too long. I just wish you'd fucking understand. I didn't sacrifice my real arm for you for no reason.

Vari walked into his room, locking the door behind him. He slumped against the door, hands in his face.

A small voice escaped his mouth. Thank you. Dumbass. Tears ran down his face, down into a growing puddle on the floor. His fingers traced against the places where his arm was stitched. His looks weren't the only illusion spell cast on him. He was able to bend light just enough to make his skin look the same shade throughout his body. His arm was different. I didn't choose to be a freak for fun you know? A tattoo sleeve of something taking a part of my life to sustain itself. And on the other arm, just a stitched limb from someone else. What luck.

Maybe one day she'll understand. Ah, what am I saying?

She'll never learn. I guess,

That's the thing I liked most about her.

Every year I saw her at the Celebration of the Kingdom week, she stayed beautiful. She remained kind to me.

Vari slammed the wall with his fist, knocking some uncleaned dust from the ceiling. Why do you think I hate you so much? You had everything. I didn't want to take that away from you.

He sighed, calming down. He wiped his face with the sleeves of his cloak before sitting back down in the middle of the room. I guess this room isn't so bad. Its clean now and there's a lot of space. Vari began to cast a few spells. I could change this just a little bit. I hope she won't care about the new additions.

One Spell later
The sounds of barking can be heard from his room. Followed by a? Tiger? The sounds of animals and bubbling brooks echoed through the halls, giving his room a natural irradiating sound. Movement of large objects can be heard scraping against the floor. Although the sounds were natural, they were no where close to realistic.

Fuck!

What is wrong with you, Vance? I have NEVER done anything wrong to you!” Elara was at her breaking point with him, tired of his cluelessness, his idiotic tendencies, and most of all his hatred towards hers. “It would be better if, you know, we could sit down and actually get to know each other because honestly, I have NO idea who you are.” She screamed the hurtful words through the door, hoping he could hear what she had to say.

Stop acting like a child and always throwing tantrums! Man up, act your age, take control.” Coming from a warrior’s standpoint she would speak through experience, having to put aside her emotions and feelings while preparing herself for battle, countless of times.

Something fell in his room, and she knew he was knocking stuff off now. Typical Vance. Childish attitude. “Do you see me being reckless? And I don’t know why you chose to go by that wolf, and I don’t know why you have that tattoo on your arm, but all I know is that some point or another it was led by your own decision.” As she said this she thought about her own secret, unknowing that he knew about her enchanted sword.

Tonight, would be a full moon, her bloodlust coming true and she would soon have to lock herself in her room. After hearing his next words, her heart shattered, the glass-like pieces embedding themselves in her surrounding flesh to make the pain even worse to bare.

Whatever, I am done. Don’t come in my room, food is ready in the fridge for you, since you know, you don’t appreciate anything I’ve ever done for you. I’d be better off dead to you. Sorry for inconveniencing you and being in the same womb as you.” Her own tears struck down on her face, sniffling as it grew too strong to contain.

Chaotically she too slammed her door, the picture frames she hung up rattling but not falling. She locked both of her doors, inhaling through her nostrils and exhaling through her parted lips in an attempt to calm her nerves.

He also will not understand what I go through… not everyone likes me or wants to be my friend. I have enemies, I have my demons, but he won’t realize it. No, he never will.

It wasn't always this way. Between me and her, there was a time when we were friends, maybe more. Before the kingdom, before the fame. Before the power, and before the friends. When it was just her and I playing around in the castle. No magic or strength to separate us. Just two kids.

Fuck you. He screamed.

I never meant any of the words I said.

I'd rather sleep outside! Than be here, next to you.

If I could have, I would've taken it all back

I fucking hate you

I hate myself

Die then!

Trust me, if I had a choice. I'd wish that you were the only one who came out of mother.

Minutes later

His stomach growled. Shut up stomach, I'm not in the mood. It growled again, louder than before. Fine. If it's what you want. Damn I'm hungry. I haven't eaten ever since i got in the Joseph's car. He opened the door, walking towards the kitchen to grab some food. The fridge was stocked with everything he needed. Fresh food lined the shelves, with a refrigerated meal that had his name on it right in the center. She didn't have to cook for me. I could've done it on my own. He pulled it out, microwaving it before taking a bite.

She could cook. Wow...

He took another bite, savoring the taste.

Mother's recipe. It reminds me of better times. Of the only good times I ever spent with her.

Although the dish didn't last long, the warmth of it remained in his mouth and his heart. His voice began to soften as his facade broke for just a mere moment.

Maybe I should say sorry. No.. I shouldn't... What would mother do? She would hold her close and tell her that what she did herself was wrong. Admitting to mistakes. Unlike father.

Vari walked towards the door with the empty dish in his hand. He twisted the doorknob, feeling it jam from the lock as he twisted it. I'm coming in even if you said no. Don't get pissed off at me, I'm... Gotta think... I need an excuse. I left one of my books in your room. He pulled his hand away for a brief moment, using a weak enchantment spell on his key to the apartment. It glowed vibrantly, emitting purple on the doorknob's metallic reflection. One turn and... click. The door opened without a hitch. Look, I'm.... I'm s... Damn, why is this so hard to say? Elly? He walked over to her slowly. El? Are you okay?

A few hours had passed yet again, the night beginning to set, the moon full and glimmering its radiance down into the large swirling orb of blue and green. Elara’s blood began to boil, at least it felt like it, an itch she couldn’t scratch rising as her adrenaline was spiking. ”Ugh, not again...” She groaned as her hands entangled themselves in her tresses, her feline ears laying flat.

The way her sheathed sword looked... so inviting... invigorating how such a beautiful weapon can be used for such destruction and chaos, but she liked it.

Her hand shook, wanting to grasp ahold of the weapon but she tried to restrain herself, using her other hand to hold to securely around her chest. ”Be strong... be strong... be strong... She lulled at herself, wanting to calm her nerves that were rising.

She could hear Vance in the living room, walking towards the kitchen, eating the food she prepped that was mother’s recipe. If he enjoyed it or not was the last thing on her mind.

“He wanted me to fucking die.” Elly reminds herself, tears pouring down her reddened cheeks only to dribble off from her chin. Why was it so hard to get his love?

Kill him, you know you want to... Her sword spoke to her, and she quickly unsheathed it, her reflection staring right back at her.

”I should’ve never enchanted you, strength isn’t worth the price I had to pay.” El would spit out the words, groaning in frustration a She was torn on what to do. The itch grew and wanted to get stronger.

Too bad you’ll have to learn some magic in order to get rid of me. Now be a good girl and kill him... or harm yourself again to spare others’ lives. A knock on the door.

Fuck, it was him.

Quickly she tried to put her sword away, hearing him trying to open the door but failed. It wouldn’t leave her hands, her body beginning to move, regardless of her trying to stay still.
”Vance, go!” She yelled out. It sounded as if she was telling him to back off and to leave her alone, but she was warning him of his life. She couldn’t stop herself, the tears continuing to flow. Why won’t these damn tears stop?!

The door handle glowed, and she knew he unlocked it, opening it wide to let the light pour in from the ceiling. It made her tears sparkle like diamonds.

Readying her weapon she would have it in the air, the bladed tip sparkling from the lights reflection, his own image being painted in her elongated blade, mocking him.

”Run, I can’t control myself!”

What do you mean? He grabbed her by arm. What's going on? Tell me! He looked deep in her eyes. Is this a joke? Do you hate me?

Tired of using the spell, he didn't grab her wrists too hard. Come on. What the hell is all this?

He looked at the ceiling, watching the moon shower her in it's light.

Damn, she's... She's beautiful in this moonlight. She's... Warm. Did she always smell this good?

He placed less force on her wrists, staying close to her. It's been a long time since they even got this close.

No! This is wrong. Snap out of it Vari. She needs to hate you. You have to hate her.

He shook his head. SHE's YOUR DAMN SISTER FOR CRYING OUT LOUD. CHECK YOURSELF.

What's wrong? He looked away from her face, not letting go. You're acting different from usual. Where's the venom in your voice? This isn't like you.

Her clothes look nice. Her body is... Soft.

Blood began to drip from his nose.

Fuck. Stop it Vari. She's your enemy. Don't fall in love with her. Remember... She's your sister. Even if she wasn't, she's never gonna be friends with a guy like you.

He let her go, wiping his nose with his sleeve and hiding his face. El? Are you alright?

He looked away, breaking one of the main rules of combat.

Never turn your back on your opponent, especially if they're armed.

In Vari's room, Ajul was meditating on top of the pond. "Oh. Hello Zere." He opened an eye, looking at the feral wolf walk past him. "I still don;t understand why he brought you back. You ripped his arm off." The feral wolf laid nearby, taking small licks of the water below him. "You know?" Ajul smirked. "You should've bitten his neck instead. It would've killed him. That piece of shit should've died long ago. He isn't strong, and your bite was more than strong enough to kill him." Zere growled before walking out of the room. "Tsk, you should understand me better than Vari can. Ah well, no matter. He'll die soon anyways."

She raised down her sword, still trembling as her body fought the urge to kill.

It’s not that hard... just kill him, then anyone else you see. The sword spoke deep into her mind, making her head spin from the uncaring acts it wanted her to do. She shook her head, tears still falling.
She hated this god damn full moon. Why did she have to be dumb enough to get a curse enchantment just to be powerful? It was stupid and reckless... maybe that’s why Vance got his familiar, but she wanted that thing off of him, that tattoo off. He was being killed slowly by it.

”Don’t touch me, please.... don’t touch me.” she attempted to loosen his grip on her wrist, wanting to lock herself in her room until the full moo had passed and she was back to her normal self. It didn’t help that her emotions were high from their recent argument.

Theres your chance! Her sword growled, causing her to raise it up as his head whipped around, wanting to slice it right down so he would be divided evenly. Her hands trembled, knees shaking, jaw quivering.

No, she wouldn’t do it. She couldn’t.

”GAH!” She bellowed our as she stuck the top of her sword into the ground, applying all of the force she had as the wood flooring underneath her cracked from the force.

Immediately after she slammed her door shut, locking it without giving Vance a second glance.

Is he a loser? Yeah. A fool? Of course. Someone who gives up. That's something that I hate about myself. I can't. Me and my own damn bloodline have to be the ones to never give up.

I'm coming in. You're not stopping me. He looked towards his hand. . . . No key. Damn it. I probably left it when I grabbed her wrist. Ah well, I could care less about my reputation in this school. He ran towards his room, grabbing his spell book The Keys to Everything. Lets see... Fire spell? Explosion? No. I might burn the whole place down.

He looked around. The whole building was made of oak wood. Alright, not that. Maybe... a frost spell? I could freeze the door. No, wait. If I do so, I'll freeze my hand and I don't have any gloves. That means no elemental magic. What about... Healing won't do anything. Undead? There's no corpses. Like I know where Zere or Ajul are!

"What do you want?" Ajul looked at him, Zere brushing right past his leg. Perfect! Ajul, break that door down! "Why?" Just do it!

If no one can help her, I will. That sword is doing something weird to her. It's cursed! Maybe... Maybe possession? Does it need blood? No point of thinking of it now.

Ajul smashed the door down. Zere ran in, staying in between Vari and Elly. The last time Zere saw her was when he was slain by their father. This feral wolf had growing green splotches on its fur and it was the size of their couch. he stared at her with his signature glowing green eyes. This was the beast that ripped off Vari's arm with ease. This was the thing that Vari was attacked by "accident"

El! What the hell is happening to you? He stepped forward slowly. Is there something that you've been hiding from mother? He placed one hand on hilt of her sword, and the other wrapped around her back. You don't want mother and father to be worried about you. If there's a problem, fucking tell me. Don't act like you're fucking better than me and you don't need my help! His mask began to break. You're my damn sister. Piece by piece. You and mother were the only ones who loved me. Crumbling down. I was the one who made the ring mother gave to you for healing protection. You never asked yourself why your wounds healed rather quickly? From within it came a light. Mom was never good at healing magic, she was amazing at the elements! She just never told anyone that she couldn't heal! Who was the one who healed you when you were sick as you slept. Why do you think I always got sick the night after?! He brought her hand with the sword towards her face. This ring! SO much that I did for you. SO much... Tears dropped from his face onto her hair. Onto her sword. Real tears. And you know why?! Despite the sword between them, he hugged her close, kissing her forehead.

Don't you dare say it.

I don't care anymore.

She'll get in trouble. You're risking her life.

I always considered my life forfeit.

Why?

Because I love you. His chest was pressed against her own. Their heartbeats were in sync.

I don't have a long life to live anymore anyways.
I don't have a long life to live anymore anyways.

Two reasons why:
- This tattoo is draining my life away
- My love for you is dangerous

Really

Why should I love you?

BAM!

Looking over her shoulder she would see that her precious door had been knocked down destructively. Privacy would some a long way for her soon.

”Don’t you understand that I kept that closed for you for your own safety?! Who the fuck cares about what mom and dad think, this is none of their business. None of their concern!” She roared before glaring at the mutt that blocked them. He was almost too wide for her room, but he managed to make it work. Luckily, he was in the way or she’d… probably kill him.

A cluster of fog obstructed the rays from the full moon, causing her bloodlust to subside momentarily as the cloud was soon heavily passing. ”You want the truth? You’ll have it!” With clenched teeth she spoke, finding the courage to spit it out while her insanity grew back intact.

”I got my sword enchanted by someone, to be honest I can’t even remember who. It’s supposed to make me stronger, better. But it came with a price." She would pause while thinking of a better way to explain herself, letting the words linger in the air for him to think them over. ”And that price was bloodlust during a full moon. It makes me WANT to kill. A drive for it. And I wanted to kill you, but I can’t, I’d rather kill myself to subside my bloodlust if it means you’ll be safe, Damnit! And it can't be broken unless I learn disenchanting magic...”

It felt as if a weight was lifted off from her shoulders, letting him know the truth behind her strange actions tonight. The fog still lingered, but not for long. But what truly caught her off guard more than her confession was Vance’s own confessions.

As if she were a Priest he would confess his sins, his lies, his backstories. Her almond hues blinked, taken back by his courage to own up to his actions. Her irises gazed down at the ring he proclaimed to have made, learning this her mother didn’t partake in healing magic in the same sentence. It was beautiful, and she always admired this ring, always thinking of mother when she looked at it. It made her feel warm inside, protected, and loved, but realizing that feeling was being shed for her brother now… it was unbelievable

For once his tears caused her heart to ache, to see him so sad, pent up with emotion… But the next words… They hit her… HARD. Like, standing out in front of a bus hard. Did he really say it? Did he mean it?

Why did it take all of this time for him to spill his feelings? What made him stop before?

It didn’t matter. She won over her brothers love all this time, never truly knowing until now. Her forehead felt the warmth of his kiss, never feeling his lips before. They were soft, plump and jam-packed with love and affection. Whatever girl ever felt them pressed up to their own was a lucky bitch.

Wait… why am I thinking that…? She questioned herself before tenderly gazing into his eyes in a new aspect.

”Vance, I love you too. I always have, and I always will. More than you will ever know… Please… help me…”

I promise. I'll save you. I did it before, and I'll do it again. Ajul! Ajul approached her with the sword, taking notes of her stance and her emotions.

"Finally. You get me to do something I actually want to do." His gauntlet wrapped around her neck, holding her seven or so feet off the ground. He shook her hard, forcing her sword be dropped from her grasp. "A cursed sword? You know... Even as a warrior, if you want enchantments on your weapons, you have to study at least the basic rules of magic."

Here he goes again. I GET IT.

"Rule number four, never get an enchantment from a stranger. Rule number seven, every spell, every enchantment, every curse has a cost. If it sounds too good to be true, it's a lie." He looked over at Vari. "Both of you broke the number one rule of combat. Never leave your friends in need, no matter who they are. You two make me sick." With a swift swipe, he grabbed Vari and shook both of them. "You two make me sick. And you're telling me. ME! That the future of the kingdom is in both of your hands?!" He shook his head, before butting the two of their heads together.

Ouch! Hey! Ajul! Stop it!

"I died for this kingdom. I bled, I lost, but I gave everything for it." The moonlight glistened on his armor, giving it the shine that his armor was trademark for. "The damn dog is a much better heir to the kingdom compared to the both of you!"

I GET IT!

He sighed, dropping them both to the floor. "Hey, El. Vari." Vari looked up at him, wiping the dust off his cloak. What is it? "You know how your parents were able to make this kingdom so strong? You know how this bloodline was able to last for centuries?!" Vari thought. Is it because of power? "Wrong." Magic or strength? "Wrong" Is it money? "Wrong. It is because of cooperation. Time and time again, generation after generation. Although their is a stigma and taboo of mages working together with warriors, they both have their weaknesses. A warriors weakness is where mages excel most. So are warriors to mages. Every king and queen of this kingdom were both from opposing sides of intelligence and strength."

"You." He looked at El. "You are capable of powers far beyond what you believe is possible. There are no limits for you. However." He flicked her head hard, leaving a little bruises duee to his armor. "You're headstrong. You aren't the most clever bitch out there. It leaves you open from angles that others can manipulate. Have you ever fought a true mage? They'll knock you on your ass by any means necessary. Honor isn't something the mages are known for. They're known for clever tricks and outsmarting their opponents. If you can't see that yourself. You're fucked."

"And you." He glanced at Vari. "I hate you. I'm not going to act like your friend. For the kingdom's sake however, I'll help you grow stronger. You may be smart, but without your spells to protect you, any warrior can knock you flat. They won't even break a sweat breaking your bones, or bleeding you dry. Cheap tricks aren't going to win you every battle. Sometimes the best way to handle a situation is head on rather than from the outside. Look at how you treated your damn sister all your miserable life. You always wanted to help, but you never did it directly. Haven't you ever thought that you could've told her that there were traps set for her?"

She wouldn't believe me at the time.

"That's because you never tried! The only time you ever did was now. Don't you see? Being direct is sometimes the best answer. You don't have to be convoluted every single time you need to fix a problem. You're a powerful mage, I'll give you that. You're cunning like a fox, but have the intelligence of a scholar and the tricks of a thief. You have no definition of honor. And for you, that plays an advantage. Tsk, you didn't even care to change in your own room, don't think I didn't see what you were doing earlier in your own sister's room. Look." He grabbed him once more. "I hate you and I always will. You're the worst mage out of all. You contradict yourself, and you have a hard time being honest with your actions. But...." He loosened his grasp, letting go of Vari right next to Elly. "You two need each other. If you two fight together, maybe this kingdom will last another hundred years. Remember, without the other. You Will Die."

Even though you say we should. My sister's a warrior. They hate us. They see mages as either witches or warlocks. They bully us, treat us like dirt. Lets say IF she wants to work with me. What going to say that her friends won't hate me either?

"Watch." He held his gauntlets out for them to see. From them, birthed a sword. Rays of light mixed with shadows forming the sword into a physically impossible weapon. "My twilight sword. My sword I used to save the kingdom from a dragon many years past. This is the ultimate blend of magic and strength. When they work together, what was thought to cannot exist becomes more than possible."

”Hey, woah, put me down! Elly exclaimed at Ajul, gripping upwards in an attempt to get him off from her, but instead he would shake her violently. ”Hey, that’s not cool! The girl retorted until she was thrown onto the ground.

She had to give it to him though, once he started lecturing the two he would make a LOT of sense. They needed to work together, to stay strong as a family, and perhaps more than that…

Stop thinking like that!

But his lips felt so nice on my forehead…

No, nu-uh. That’s enough.

”I know you’re his familiar and all, but you don’t have to talk so poorly about you hating him. Elara glared at him, sticking up for Vance even if he was used to this kind of attitude from him. What did he do to you that was so bad in the first place to make him want to hate you? As far as I know you’re draining his life. Anyway, you can stop doing that? You’re already doing enough damage. She growled, the moon now showing again, her bloodlust returning.

”I should just kill you, since you want to be so rude.” Nonsense spewed from her lips, as if the pleasant conversation they had moments ago on how to improve themselves didn’t happen. ”I can’t stop… this ongoing… madness… I want it to fucking end!” She cried out, fists clenched in tight balls as she tried to restrain herself from doing anything she would regret in the morning.

"Insignificant cur." Ajul smashed both of their heads together, shocking them once their faces collided with each other. Right before however, their lips made contact. Albeit, in one of the most violent and painful ways possible. The pain from the shock was overwhelming. So much so that no ordinary being could stay conscious. Vari gave out first, falling unconscious before the shock came in. The pain from the clobbering of heads together was enough to put him to sleep. "I'll train the both of you in the morning. As for you El." he began to chant, using a sleep curse spell on her. "You must sleep. Your curse is strong. But it won't counter other curses placed on you." He laid them both in the same bed, putting a blanket over both of them. "I'll take it off of you once you complete the training I have ahead for you. Besides." He looked towards the wall at the clock. "School's coming up for the both of you tomorrow. At the least, get's some damn rest.

One night later.

Vari looked over his shoulder. He gulped as he saw the sword she could've slain him with right across his neck. Despite her being asleep, the thirst for bloodlust was strong. Strong enough to even threaten his life as she slept. Fuck.... Fuck me. He slowly pulled away, stopping once he physically can't. What... Why can't I move? He whispered to himself. Something was wrapped around him.

She's clinging on to me in her sleep.

He looked at her, smiling.

She's so cute. Even her little snores. Oh? She drools too?

He brought his sleeve to her lips, wiping off the small string of saliva. The smile grew on his face as he watched her sleep peacefully.

Her breaths are warm. She smells nice too. Is this what it's like for a girl to sleep with you? I could get used to this.

The smile turned into a sly grin, as he whispered into her ear when she slept.

I wonder if she'll talk in her sleep

Hey. He spoke softly. Its your bro bro.

Maybe I can talk to her like before.

I missed you silly. We should talk more.

I could finally be with my sister again. Before she... before everything else came.
How have you been? Miss me? I hope you don't mind if I...

I hope she's not awake.

Vari blew in her ear. Her reactions were always cute. He began to follow through with things they did as kids. Holding her hand, hugging her close.

She'd kill me or bully me if she heard me like this again. Ah well... I'll take what I can get.

Please don't go again. I don't have a lot in me left, but I don't want to lose you anymore.

Nothing came from his eyes, as he had nothing left to cry for. All his tears escaped him the night before.

I... I wish we could be like our old selves aga-

The sound of the alarm broke the silence of the room. It echoed through the halls with its volume.

Damn! I could hear that thing for miles! Who needs an alarm that loud!

Elara was sleeping, You now, just that black sleep where it’s nothing. But in the corner of the blackened space that filled her mind was the voice of her brother, an image instantly popping up.

They were outside, near the swing hanging on the old oak tree out back in the Castle. Standing by the tree, the light shined on his face. He was so handsome… His eyes twinkled, seeing a reflection of her own image in them. She smiled.

“Hey. It’s your bro bro.”

”I know, I can see you right in front of me.” She laughed it off, wondering why he made it clear.

“I missed you silly. We should talk more”

”I’ve always wanted to… I want to get to know YOU. The real you…” Sorrow filled in her chest, knowing that they hadn’t had the best of times, but that sorrow would soon replenish and evolve into happiness.

How have you been? Miss me? I hope you don't mind if I...”

”I’ve always missed you” Elly reached out and gave him a tight hug, feeling his warmth, the easy flow of his breathing, even his ticking motor inside his chest. He smelled so good…

“Please don’t go again. I don’t have a lot in me left, but I don’t want to lose you anymore”

”I never left, I was right here all along! A lot… a lot of what left? You won’t lose me!”

“I... I wish we could be like our old selves aga-“

RING BBBRTT RING BRRTT

“Variance!” She screamed, sitting up straight as she panted, eyes searching around to see that he was right next to her. She never called him his birth name, only Vance. She would blush slightly to see him there, almost frozen in her tracks. “W-Why are you in my bed?” She asked, raising a brow.

Should I be happy? Mad? Oh shit... he heard me say his name out loud.

Quickly she got up, uncovering herself and planting both feet on the ground. "Uhm... We need to get ready for college." She commanded before walking into her bedroom's bathroom, closing the door before taking a deep breath, resting her back against the door.

"That dream... felt so weird... as if he was really talking to me..." She thought before turning on her shower, letting the sound and feeling of it wash away her thoughts for the time being.

He yawned, standing up and following it with a stretch. It was really early in the morning for him. Strange. He looked at her bed before placing his hands against his chest.

Strange. I feel warm. Rested. Do blankets really feel this warm? Is it the bed that feels soft?

He looked over his shoulder, watching his sister go to the bathroom. Sleeping with her wasn't really that bad. She was actually pretty cute in her sleep.

His hand covered his mouth, moving fast enough to recoil back from the impact. The sheer force was enough to force back on the bed.

Ouch. I hope she didn't hear that. Hopefully her shower is loud enough. Her shower is pretty loud already-

His eyes looked through the absence of doors separating him and the shower. For a brief moment, he was just able to catch a glimpse of her body. The water running down her curves. Her body was more than just attractive. It was magnetic. It was as if the gods blessed her with the beauty of Aphrodite. It was as if the god of art sculpted her physique. From her face, to her shoulders, down to her breasts. He was pretty sure, the ass of statues placed within art museums were based on her ow. Her legs were smooth as silk.

No no no, she's your sister. Even if she's a babe.

His mind began to deceive him, confusing his emotions. What was she first to him?

She's my sister first. She's my sister. Mother will not accept this type of thinking. He began to try and look away. His instincts were driving him insane. Of course it was, she was his sister, not his lover. No way she'd even think the same too. She probably has a boyfriend or something.

Even if she's pretty. And kind... And loves me. He shook his head, palming his cheeks. Nevermind that now. Red spilled onto his cheeks as dirty thoughts diluted his pure intentions.

I have school to attend to now. I need to study and focus for the sake of both of us.

His tattoo began to glow faint scarlet. The outlines tracing it shown blood moving through his body towards his arm. Ajul was hungry again.

Vari laid back against the bed. It was always around morning when Ajul fed off his energy. His life drained right before his eyes. He looked over to his sister once again, quietly leaving her room. He stumbled as he moved, holding the wall to guide his footsteps. Step by step, his walk was similar to a drunkards.

Crap... I need to... Get to... School. He trudged against his weight, falling to the floor.

The shower enveloped her form, the water droplets caressing her skin, wetting her hair. The warmth took her away, her lids closed as her face was hit by the stream.

I slept with my brother... She whispered to herself, wondering how they managed to get there... oh right, Ajul... what a dick. Yet, she thanked him for getting them to be with each other again.

Maybe my sword did more damage than good?

Washing, rinsing, shampoo, conditioning, rinsing, shave, rinsing.

Turning off the knobs she would pat herself dry with a nearby blue towel, wrapping it around her tresses after she was done, then grabbing another towel and ushering out to get in her bedroom. By now she figured Vance would have left and got ready for school, but instead he lied on her floor.

”Vance?! Are you okay? What’s wrong?” She questioned, taking him by his shoulders and shaking him just in case he lost consciousness.

If it wasn’t her that was sick or corrupted, it was him. Might as well call the duo the chaotic twins, or Ying and Yang. Regardless, they always got in trouble with something.

I'm fine. I just tripped. Vari stood up, smiling despite his weakness. This wasn't was he needed right before school started. More importantly, this isn't what his sister needed. Slowly, Vari found the strength in his legs to get up. His legs found no solace in his motives. They shook like a child who was in fear, struggling to carry himself up. Don;t you worry about me. The smile hid his agony, the pain fromm his arm was immense. It wasn't a peaceful process. This feeding took a lot of energy and life force to keep up for even small periods of time. The color from his face drained as blood was coming out of his system. This was going to be a tough first day.

Nothing's wrong. I'm just tired from last night. That's all. Vari wobbled towards his room where he dissapeared to each morning. The only place where he truly felt like he belonged. His fortress of solitude awaited him. Let me get ready alright? Maybe a coffee would be nice. He knew this was a lie. There's no way he could tell her about the secret of his arm. She doesn't deserve to have her happiness taken away by a guy like him.

It was his weakness. As he entered his room, he sat ontop of the grass. The pond's fish swam in harmony as the sounds of birds gave him peace. Pain shot up his arm, but his mind was not afflicted. Finally. His eyes closed before shooting open. Shit. Classes are about to start. His closet appeared before him, showing his wardrobe. Cloaks, gear, and clothing were hung before him. He grabbed his favorite outfit, one that his mother made, and walked outside. You're going to be late El. It was fine for him to use a nickname. People won't exactly know who she is with her new identity, so giving her a shortened version of her real name shouldn't pose a risk. The bus isn't going to wait for you.

Ajul stood nearby him, holding the door open. "If you don't move any quicker, I'll punish you!" Sparks of electricity escaped his hands. Vari stood away, one step after the other. I'm not trying to get shocked hear Ajul. Calm down. Ajul sighed, tapping his elbow as he crossed his arms. "Too long."

Vari looked up at him. Well, I did overhear something about girls taking their time with getting ready. Something about them taking too long with appearances.

Are you sure you're alright? She would question, inspecting his form as he still didn't seem up to it. I don't think you just tripped. You're shaking like a leaf. What's up with you? Elly wasn't getting fooled by his lack of response, but something clicked when he mentioned that he might need some coffee to power through the day.

Okay, but you better be ready by the time coffee is finished and I'm done getting ready Elly nodded affirmatively. It didn't take long for her to quickly dress herself after getting the coffee machine ready. Makeup was a bare minimum as she only placed mascara and concealer on her face. The home smelt of coffee, making El's mouth water at the thought of drinking a piping hot cup.

Gathering her and Vance some in a to-go canteen, she would enter in his room after knocking. Hey, got your coffee. I tried to hurry up. Now feel better today, okay? This is the first day and you can't be feeling so icky. She smiled before heading out towards the door, waiting for Vance to follow before the bus came at its normal route.

Sit by me, please She would ask before stepping on, looking over her shoulder to see if Vance was faring okay with the stairs, and if he wasn't she would help him. She called dibs on the window seat, patting next to her so he could sit beside.

I have beginning sword, history of a warrior, beginning fighting tactics, and art for fun. How about you?

Variance held onto the rails of the bus stairs, relying on them to hold his weight as he climbed the treacherous steps. Each step was harder than the last as he slowed down the growing line behind him. "Get out the way!" One of the warriors pushed him to the side, huffing as he calmed down from his chase to the bus. He barely missed it even with the help of his sheer strength and pure agility. Variance never stood a chance at the strength of his push, falling forward on the bus.

Ouch. Hey! Why'd you push me? Although weak, he was serious. Bullying was something that he wouldn't allow go unpunished. "Because, you're holding back everyone else. Find a seat already, we're all going to be late for class thanks to you." The bully laughed, mocking Vari. The others in the bus either boo'd Variance or stayed silent. Fine. He walked over to his sister quietly, trying to hold himself back for the sake of his sister making it to class on time.

Eventually, he cooled down. Being nearby his sister gave him some solace, just her irradiating warmth was encapturing. He smiled, calming down from the hell that was his morning feeding Ajul and the physical assertion on the bus. I have just a few magic classes. A beginner element class, summoning 101, healing 100, and two electives. His smile grew further. Just language and art.

He looked down at her hand before thinking. Maybe.... Maybe we could be like old times. His thoughts drifted him back to a time where he used to hold hands with her. Whether in times of difficulty, or in times of grandeur, they held hands. He scooted closer to her, inch by inch. Soon, he was just close enough to hold her hand and claim it was just by accident. One finger after another, his hand crawled over hers, resting above her own. It may not be enough to call it exactly like before, but just this was enough.

Vari began talking about other things. How's the sword? I hope it didn't try to keep killing after Ajul knocked us out. I wonder what the first day of class is going to be like? Oh? Your armor is really nice today, you gave it a sparkle! Finally, he was able to get to talk to his sister just the way he wanted to for so long. His hands held on to hers from above her knuckles, but just being close to what it was before was enough to make him forget about the pain he suffers. I hope you slept well. No! I don't know why we woke up together. Maybe it was Ajul who put us there, he did say he was doing things to make us work together. I'd like to work with you, but me and you are just a little too different you know?

Nearby the bully eyed him from behind. Its clear that the guy didn't like Vari. Maybe its because Vari was a commoner, maybe it was because he was a mage, maybe even because he was talking with Elara, or maybe it was a mix from all three. He cracked his knuckles, whispering to his friends.

Back
Top Bottom