Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Princess and The Thief-Apparent (Innocent Anathema & SuperSaiyanMusashi)

Juniper

There was a soft smile on her face thinking fondly about spending time with Musashi and perhaps not having the threat of oni over their heads. "I would like to have you show me new places. Sounds like an adventure and I'm becoming a bit partial to them." She glanced down to his leg looking concerned. "How is your ankle doing? That wolf looked like he bit it pretty hard." The concern was pretty obvious in her voice.

When they got to the clearing, she was fascinated with all that he pulled out of his bag. "That thing looks like it is bottomless. " she said with a grin. She saw to the horses and got some of the food out. That was when a bunch of fireflies caught her attention. They were flying over the water carrying reflections on light. "They're so pretty."

Last edited:
"It does hurt some; maybe we should wrap it up for safety?" Musashi commented on the condition of his ankle.

"It certainly is bigger on the inside!" he confirmed. "But it does have limits," he assured the pretty girl. "And I try to leave a little room in it in case I find something I want to bring home."

Returning with some pieces of firewood he cut up from a fallen tree branch using Lumina, the samurai unloaded the kindling, then walked over to the gathering of fireflies. "They are," he agreed, looking at them and their reflections in the water. He then reached for Juniper's hand while continuing to watch the glowing bugs.

Juniper

The rose-haired girl was caught for a moment watching the small bugs flit and dance with one another over the water. "Who knew that such pretty things could be out here in the wild," she commented softly and was surprised to feel Musashi take her hand. Yet, she held his with a little blush and smile as she continued to watch the fireflies for a few more moments as she was reminded of the fact that even with such danger around them, there were still wonders as well. The world outside of the palace couldn't be all bad, could it? "I never even guessed."

Looking down to their joined hands for a moment, she looked back toward him. "We should see to your ankle, Musashi. Come, sit down and I'll see what I can do about it." Leading him over to a fallen log, she had him sit down before she went to the saddles to get out the little first aid kit that she'd picked up. She came back and knelt down in front of him with a glance toward his face. "Let me see?" She asked softly and wasn't it interesting to see a princess of all people kneeling in the dirt like some commoner.

Last edited:
"Yeah, nature and civilization each have their beauty, just for different reasons," Musashi agreed, still holding Juniper's hand with a slight blush. "The bugs in any forest are a mixed bag, but fireflies are harmless and pretty."

The samurai let go of the princess's hand to sit beside her on the log-bench before revealing the bite wound on his ankle. "Thanks for tending to it, June," he appreciated. "Yikes, I hope that beast wasn't carrying any diseases," he reacted. He then recalled, "Well, there do exist Oni who emit weird disease-causing substances, but those types are pretty rare, and usually only happen when the greater oni's original partner had a morbid interest in Bio-weapons." He finally mentioned, "I have a few powerful healing sprays in my pouch, but I think we need to save them for when it's really important."

Juniper

Juniper looked over the bite wound as it was revealed to her critically. There didn't appear to be too much damage since the bite was mostly superficial aside from the deep punctures of canine teeth. With a soft sigh, she stood shaking her head. "I hope that it wasn't carrying anything either but we'll be careful and clean it just in case." Listening to his mention of the Oni that purposely carried diseases, she shuddered at the idea as she got a little flask of whiskey from her saddlebag. She'd never drank the stuff but she knew many others that cared for it. The fact that it'd do well to sterilize. So that was good.

She settled before him once more and put a towel over her lap before resting his foot on her thigh. Wetting a cloth, she dabbed away at the drying blood trying to be as careful as possible. "I'm going to try to flush anything out that I can. I'll try to be gentle." She said softly before squeezing water from the cloth onto the wound and trying to get it to bleed a bit more to hopefully push anything bad out. Then she applied some salve and wrapped it carefully. "There, right as rain." She said hopefully with a little smile as she looked up to him.

Last edited:
"June, thanks!" Musashi appreciated, smiling back at her after she finished treating the wound. He stood up and walked around, soon revealing that he was satisfied with the treatment.

Feeling safer about the wound, Musashi explained, "Well, unless your uncle has been experimenting with them, we probably don't need to worry about new diseases. Still, we'll have to watch for how this oni has empowered him. Was there anything he was particularly skilled at? That might give us an idea o f what to expect."

The samurai started looking a little tired, blinking more frequently. He looked to Juniper and suggested, "Mmm..sleep time?"

Juniper

June sighed softly as she put away the first aid materials. "I don't remember much of my uncle, honestly. He kept to himself a lot. I think out of bitterness." Her slender shoulders rolled into a shrug lightly as she got out those little meat pies that she'd bought just before the oni had showed up. She offered one to him quietly. "Here. You should eat something." A soft smile touched her face as she noticed him looking tired. "Do you think we can sleep at the same time or does one of us need to keep watch? You can sleep first if you think we should keep an eye out."

Last edited:
Lamenting their lack of knowledge, Musashi conceded, "Guess we're going in blind, then. Hope that doesn't scare you too much." Seeing the little meat pie, Musashi got excited again, "Oh you know me, June, I never turn down food!" as he delved into the dinner offering. Finally, he thought about her suggestion and nodded, "Maybe we should; We stopped one mutate but there could be others."

Offering Juniper a hug before retreating into a tent he requested, "Give me a little tap as soon you need to rest or if there's any trouble?"

Juniper

"Nah, I'm not scared. I'm with you." Really, she wasn't scared, which was a bit surprising for her. Juniper smiled softly happy to see that he was enjoying the food that she'd picked up. With a nod, she sat down munching on her meat pie and watching the fire with a soft sigh. "I'll wake you when I need to. Get some sleep." Although, she was blushing from his hug.

It was strange to her to be out in the woods like this but she wasn't alone, which was good. There wasn't much going on really, which she was thankful for. Although, it did start to rain, which meant that she had to duck under the tent to peer out. Sure didn't seem like anyone would want to be out in this, monster or not. She fiddled with the sceptre for a bit wondering what else it could do. She did manage to get it to shift into a sword, which made her smile in approval since getting it to change boosted her confidence with it. Soon though, she was yawning. So, she changed it back to a necklace and put it about her neck before waking Musashi with a gentle touch to his shoulder. "Mind taking a turn? I'm sleepy."

Last edited:
[Before sleeping]

Musashi smiled with confidence, happy to see that he helped the pretty princess feel safer. Though he knew this meant he would have to live up that challenge soon.

[After]

Images of many events, past and potential, filled the sleepy samurai's mind. He recalled the time he and his father had to lure a metal monstrosity into a volcano to defeat it. He imagined what a concert starring a close friend and mentor of his might be like, and even remembered a dance-off he had to compete in. The images soon dissipated, giving way to reality as he felt Juniper's touch and heard her whispers.

"Mmm..June?" he mumbled. Realizing what was happening he stirred, slowly sitting up before agreeing, "Oh..yea, I got ya. I'll keep a lookout for a little while." He crawled out of the tent and sought a spot under a nearby tree where the leafy limbs would hopefully keep some of the rain off. He spent some time thinking about a coupe of songs he had practiced before, trying to remember the notes and the correct finger movements as the hours passed and the sun started to peek out beyond the layers of trees.

Juniper

The princess had smiled softly to the samurai before crawling into the warm spot in the blankets that he'd left. Of course, it smelled like his scent, which made her think of him as she drifted off to sleep. Her dreams were of him mostly that of when she'd first seen him with the sceptre, their meeting in the dungeon and how he'd saved her from that man when she'd met him outside of town. It felt like morning came too soon though but at least, they both got to sleep that night.

When she got up and found that the rain had stopped, she fixed her clothes and sighed at the fact that the fire was out, wet and probably not coming back. She did have dry food though, which didn't need cooked. That she got out of her bag and offered to him: an apple and two more meat pies. "Seems the rain scared away any bad guys. Maybe they're allergic to it." She said with a little smile trying to be a little funny as she went about trying to pack up for the morning.

Last edited:
As the rain subsided and the sun started to peek out, Musashi briefly read a few pages of a heavy, colorful graphic novel bearing the title, "Onimusha". Seeing Juniper emerge from the tent, he gently greeted her, "Good Morning, June," and offered a hug.

Accepting the many breakfast items, Musashi started to munch away at them before listening to June mention the rain scaring foes away as he laughed, "I hope so!"

With the tent no longer needed for the day, the samurai started to gather its components and return them to his little belt pouch. He then redirected his attention to Campbell, offering him some more hay before mounting and asking the pretty girl, "Ready for the big day, June?"

Juniper

"If it does scare them off, we need a rain spell. Do you think that's real somewhere in the world?" She asked curiously with a tilt of her head. That just put her hair, which was loose sliding over one shoulder. The morning light was playing on her hair as it found its way through the trees. Of course, she didn't know anything about that. She just helped pack up their gear as neatly as she could before sitting a moment to enjoy her breakfast. She glanced out over the water of the creek for a moment before smiling a bit to herself.

Of course, it wasn't long until Daisy was saddled and she swung up onto the mare's back. She offered a smile toward the samurai. "Yeah, I'm ready. Are you?" She asked curiously before asking her horse to start off down the trail. Her gaze wandered over the trees as she took a deep breath. "It's kinda nice being out here. Relaxing. Well, aside from the oni, that is." A little laugh left her. "I could do without them. I'm sure that we'll see more of them. Don't you think so?"

"Well, I don't think it will truly scare them all away, but that's not to say a rain spell wouldn't be useful," Musashi chimed in. "And I bet there is one!"

The samurai looked at Juniper's pink hair as it moved and glistened in the sun, finding it, and her, very beautiful.

Trotting down the trail, Musashi listened to June and agreed, "It is nice; both nature and cities have their beauty, I could never have just one or the other; I need both." He then nodded and confirmed, "Yea, we will definitely see more oni before the day is done."

The forest path soon gave way to a clearing where a mighty stone castle could be seen in the distance. Several cavalry came riding along the central path, ignorant to Musashi and Juniper's presence. The brave samurai turned to the heroic princess and told both her and himself, "This is it. Don't get scared."

Back
Top Bottom