Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

(Canticle of Hope) Ch. 4: Hope Springs Eternal

Melpomene gave a soft groan at the escalating tension. She kept one hand on Terpsichore, hopping down and staying close. She was sore enough still from her injuries that it was easy to get confused about what she was wearing. A cloak, a shirt?

No...

Melpomene grinned softly when she looked down her body and found herself wearing Terpsichore’s harem dancing costume. Her cheeks warmed. Tucking her wings against her back, she said, “Thank you, Terpsichore, these are very pretty. The cloak would have made me look like a hunchback. I guess...” She looked around, biting her lower lip nervously, “I guess let's get going.”

Kunoichi_by_wuduo-d31zgsv.jpg

A shapely ninja girl in a deep blue mini-kimono with off white trim and a deep read mask over her nose and lips watched the scene quietly as the girls started moving off.

A second padded over the roof and came down behind her. She was the same height, and had the same curves, though her hair was in a pony tail instead of a top knot. "Done your good need for the night, Onee-chan?"

The older girl gave a little snort at the gently chiding tone in the younger's voice. "Someone had too, little sister. The elders will have nothing to complain about. We accomplished our assigned task, and now have acquired important new information."

"Yes, and now a group of wild cards with magical powers know that they were helped by a ninja."

"They know that they were guided to their captive friend by an unseen being throwing knives into the street. Yes, that kind of implies a ninja, but it doesn't prove anything. Do you really think the Self Defense Force--much less the Americans--will dedicate spy satellites to searching out our hidden village because a bunch of teenage girls in cute fuku tell them some knives came out of the shadows?"

The other girls sighed, "Your right, Onee-chan. The Clans officially disbanded after the Meiji restoration, and we've managed to avoid official notice since. I shouldn't be so worried. The elders will know what to do."

* * *​

The remaining girls moved together through the night to a fairly large, fairly nice house in DNA town. Melpomene looked around outside before moving in. “I wonder where the squirrel got too.”

She gave a little shrug, then smiled at the assembly as she moved through to the kitchen. “I think we need meat dumplings and chocolate chip cookies.”

[MEDIA=imgur]zRiGN18[/MEDIA]
[i][size=2][url=[MEDIA=imgur]zRiGN18[/MEDIA]
[i][size=2][url=https://i.imgur.com/zRiGN18.png]View]View: https://i.imgur.com/zRiGN18.png[/IMG]]View[/url][/size][/i]
:
https://i.imgur.com/zRiGN18.png[/IMG]View: https://i.imgur.com/zRiGN18.png[/IMG][/url][/size][/i][/url][/size][/i]

Clio looked around at everyone gathered. As she took in the conversation, she seemed lost in thought. Hmm everyone so emotionally charged. This might not be the time to handle this discussion. I know...!

Clio dismissed her madu. With a flourish of a deep bow, she smiled brightly. Drawing on her skills as performer, she stepped up, stage presence seeming to brighten the room. "Esteemed friends new and old, tonight I offer an evening's demonstration of my skills for your entertainment. You all can work together tonight as we gather at Teripshcore's house. You can bind me with anything you can find at her house and I will do my best to escape your challenges. I will accept three different challenges and then a Finale with a bit of a surprise! So would you all welcome taking your shot at The Amazing Clio?"

Her voice was not loud enough to travel far. She was trying to keep it quiet and not attract attention, but clear enough that they could all hear her proclamation."

Melanippe listened to the chorus of words that chased her out of the gate. She didn't want to start a fully blown argument with the group, especially hearing the general consensus on the matter. As she walked down the road she quietly contemplated everything that had happened. "What a strange evening..."

Flames burst around the Ebon mare and engulfed her. Her clothes burning away in the bright flames; only to be replaced by a black skater style dress once more. As Syra stepped out of the flame the anger and burning fury that came with Melanippe washed away, leaving her raw emotions. Stopping for a second she clutched her chest and took a few deep breathes, a single tear ran down her cheek. Catching it, she carried on moving toward the shop.

There were plenty of good words to describe the apartment Hitomi shared with her aunt - cozy, lived-in, affordable - but ‘spacious’ was not one of them. There was enough room for its pair of occupants, but only just; if Hitomi didn’t keep to her room and the rooftop most of the time, they’d probably end up constantly getting in each other’s way.

Naturally, then, the kitsune was very impressed by Terpsicore’s house.

Urania couldn’t help but stare curiously around as they walked in, pushing her hood (back on her head once again, as Melpomene hadn’t needed her cloak) back for a better view. In fact, she was so taken with her surroundings that she almost forgot to listen to the conversation around her, until her ears twitched in response to a certain important phrase.

Chocolate chip cookies?

The kitsune shook herself out of her thoughts, and turned towards Clio. Her challenge sounded a bit unusual, but why not?

“I don’t really know anything about tying people up, so I might not be much of a challenge, but… oh!” Struck by a sudden thought, the kitsune unhooked her silvery whip from its place at her hip and held it up for the others to see. “This’d probably be good for tying up your hands or feet or something. Is using a magic weapon cheating?”

Laura’s eyes went wide when she saw the whip, and fanned herself with a hand as the other pulled on her collar. “Hoo, well this got intense very quickly. Should’ve seen it coming.” She chuckles, and said, “hey, what does the winner get?”

Last edited:
Urania blinked, confused by Oioptara’s reaction.

“Intense?” She asked. “How did I make it--”

Then she worked it out.

“Oh! I-I-I didn’t mean anything like that!” The kitsune stammered, tripping over her words as her face grew bright red. “I just thought it would be a good rope substitute, I wasn’t trying anything kinky or anything! It’s not my fault my panoply includes a whip! I-I-It’s just a coincidence, that’s all!”

To be fair to the poor kitsune, Clio’s challenge had been kind of on the kinky side even before she'd brought a whip into it. Unfortunately, Urania was a little too flustered to realise that.

Clio grinned and turned to face the kitsune "Its alright dear no need to get so flustered but I think the whip might be a bit more abrasive then rope, Considering it is a weapon. Rope marks fade but from using a whip as a restraint that might do more then leave rope marks. But I do appreciate your enthusiasm !"

Clio tapped her chin "hmm well since its meant to be the group trying to win the group will get me at there mercy! Though i will only agree to that if each member of the group like wise puts themselves at my mercy if i win, I think that sounds fair." she gave a mischievous smirk and her cat ears twitched

9716ce7379ed951381bd9d3ec650723c--anime-wolf-girl-anime-girls.jpg

Elsewhere:

Kida whimpered and moaned. The thorns in her arm were making her heart hammer, the wounds burn. She felt so weak...

But that didn't maker her feel half so weak... Or half so hot!

The ookami girl struggled wildly in the bishounen's arms, even as his tugging on her nipple and milking on her breast sent more intense fire through her body than the poison. "Stop that you bastard!" she cried out.

Snickering the bishounen's free hand unsnapped her short shorts and slipped inside, dipping under denim and silk both, to run with glorious passion over wet velvet petals. "Don't!" she cried out, hating how weak she sounded all of a sudden, how much more like a hentai heroine than the action girl she wanted to be. "Don't! Stop... Stop that!"

Isabella, quickly showed everyone the house and the room they could use.

She then look at Ryoko and smile to her, kissing her on the cheeks "i am so sorry for what i did, hope i can pay you back later".

She then leave them to their entertainment while Kye and the others prepare cookie and drinks.

She move back to her own room alone and close the door, it wasn't lock since there wasnt any lock in this house beside the front and back door.

She sit on the bed rubbing her belly, she took a pillow and fell in her bed crying, rubbing her belly and remembering every thing wart had done to her.

She cried defeated.

If Urania had been thinking clearly, that mischievous smirk might've been a bit of a warning sign, or at least a hint that she should consider what's she's agreeing to before saying yes. As it was, though, she was still pretty flustered despite Clio's kind words, so she just wordlessly nodded her agreement, still glowing beet-red.

Preoccupied as she was, the kitsune didn't notice that their host had slipped away from the group.

Laura saw their host leave for some privacy, and frowned in concern. Well, may as well enjoy a cookie or two, and join in the game. Seems Clio was a gambler.

“Now wait a minute. Love the enthusiasm, but if anyone doesn’t want that, they should have a chance to opt of the challenge.” Laura said, from the couch, “so if you aren’t in the mood, anyone, speak now and just watch, I s’pose.”

Laura took off her jacket and set it on her legs, leaning back and spreading her arms out and yawning, her legs a bit apart. She thanked god she wore bike shorts under her skirts so she didn’t have to worry about flashing anyone.

Dd48d74f5656509f4b5cb62e965e1129_%281%29.jpg
5432d05dfc066c96dcb63ee49dceb585.jpg

Melpomene answered her beloved kohai's kiss with gentle tenderness. She gave a little sob, and squeezed Terpsichore hard. “You have nothing to apologies for, little sister. It's not your fault, any of it, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.”

She was going to say more, but the timer on the oven dinged. As she was pulling out the three sheets of cookies and piling them on plates, Isabella disappeared upstairs.

A few moments later, she came out with three plates of fresh baked happiness and healing. Placing them down, she gave the other girls a smile. “It sounds like fun, Clio-chan. Maybe just the sort of thing I need after...”

She trailed off for a moment. Then she bit her lower lip.

“So... I think I should do this. You don't have too if you don’t want too, and you haven’t yet.”

She closed her eyes and let let silver light enfold her. The borrowed harem dancer fuku melted away, then the the silver fell from her now nude body like tiny shimmering snowflakes It took with them the wintery silver in Melpomene's hair and wings, leaving behind russet curls and dove gray wings. She blushed a little for a moment, one arm crossing her breasts, then put it back down at her side. “Guess it's nothing you haven't seen before tonight, right? We're all girls here.” She shook her head. “My name like this is Ryoko.”

White_squirrel1.jpg

Meanwhile, upstairs, the little white squirrel bound up to Isabella's windowsill. She peered sadly at the girl. She was the purest and most innocent of them all. She's strong. She won't break.

Eurydice bound over to Isabella's bed and snuggled up silently into her arms, nuzzling her gently.

Euterpe followed the warrior, ghosting from shadow to shadow, roof to roof as they continued down the road together yet separate. As Melanippe departed and left the skater girl, Euterpe thought she had seen this one before, though was unable to place her. Perhaps it was just one of those looks. She wondered if Isabella had the time to get to cover, and if her cape would disappear when she changed. Better to stay in this form for now, but as the young lady gripped herself in raw emotion so strong she couldn't continue down the street. Euterpe felt inspiration of a different type, this was inspiration that said to abandon her Inspired state. Seeing the noodle shop ahead, she quickly dashed forward to the alley to the side of the noodle stand, and allowed the heat and passions to waft away in a dreamy song of peace, ye stepped forward.

She was, once again, dressed in her tiger-stripe leotard, hot pink halter with a white, long sleeve skintight sweatshirt under the halter. Topping it all, she bore a turquoise headband with a Japanese inscription, 'American Saying Here'. It was her joke to the world.

Kye moved to the mouth of the alley, her eyes on the approaching Syra.

“Wait, I know you!”

The words escaped Urania’s lips before she had a chance to think about it, as something clicked at the sight of the untransformed Ryoko. Hitomi may not have been the most social girl in the world, but even she recognised her underclassmen’s faces when she saw them. Well, most of them, more or less. She could only imagine that the transformation was somehow to blame for her not realising it sooner.

Urania realised that, in addition to her sudden cry, she was pointing rather rudely at the naked girl. She pulled her hand back to her chest, blushing a little (though not quite as badly as she had been a moment ago). “Um, that is to say… you’re one of the second-years at Shirako High, right? Hold on a moment…”

The kitsune closed her eyes, took a deep breath, and focused her energy as the black squirrel had taught her. When she changed back, there was little in the way of dramatics; just a little ‘pop’ of light, and by the time she opened her eyes she was back to her normal, bespectacled self.

“I’m, um, Jin Hitomi, a third-year student from class 3B.” Hitomi’s voice took on a more formal tone as she introduced herself again, bowing as she had previously. “It’s an honour to meet you all properly.”

Oblivious to her stalker Syra eventually reached the Ramen shop. Checking her watch she let out a sigh of relief and smiled warmly to herself, "Good still open." She spoke in soft Japanese words, finding it easier then the american dialect she had been using most of the day. Stepping through the door, she was greeted by the strong aromatic scents that reminded her of the Ramen shop she visited from her old town.

Bowing politely to the store owner, she beamed a smile and quickly found herself a booth in the empty store. She had stumbled upon this place by accident on her morning jog and since then she had been waiting patiently to try it. A careful glance through the menu and her smile continued, so many choices.

Clio Smiled and closed her eyes and the student Emi Hamasaki now stood where the light faded from her dismissing her Magical girl form.

"Hello everyone I am Emi it is a pleasure to meet you all, So those participating in the challenge do you believe 20 Minutes to find objects around the house to restrain me with will be enough time? Also remember, to find enough restraints for 4 challenges, Though to be respectful of our hosts do stay out of bedrooms

Isabella look at the little squirrel a bit surprise, she wonder why he was there since the squirrel seem to mostly been talking to Kye. Then she had a flash, she had sommoned a panda bear earlier and it was bruised badly.

Isabelle sob but stop crying so deeply as her mind was distracted, she look at the little squirrel and look at her belly, she rub it gently and spoke to it but more speaking to herself "Do you think that i am really making a mistake letting the baby of that thing live in me ?"

She look around and sigh "what am i going to do ? i can't come and say, hey mom, dad, i am pregnant from a monster and i hope is baby will be a beautiful daughter. They would kill me on the spot."

Dd48d74f5656509f4b5cb62e965e1129_%281%29.jpg
5432d05dfc066c96dcb63ee49dceb585.jpg

Ryoko grinned. "I remember you, Jin." The redhead gave a playful bow. Then she lenaed in to kiss Emi on the corner of the lips. I think I'm going to have to get with Kyre and make some new mix tapes for us."

She picked up one of the three plates of cookies. "Everyone have a good time. When we've had a while to relax, we can start comparing notes. Hopefully Eurydice will have showed back up by then, too. I'm going to go take these too Isabella."

White_squirrel1.jpg

Euridice made a soft, soothing chitter. "I don't think you are, dear heart. You're being very brave. Many girls in your position would have jumped imediatly to terminating the pregnancy before learning what they bore. If this child is going to be truly the spawn of a mandrake devil, we have several weeks to do something about it before he starts to have nerve functions. if he's human, a few months.

"There are places in the forgotten corners of Japan with ancient magic. Especially in the mountains. If you want to keep the babe, I will find a place we can go to seek purificaiton. "

Euridice glanced up at where Ryoko was standing quietly in the doorway and smiled a little. "You are loved, Isabella. You don't have to endure any of this alone."

“Twenty minutes huh? Alright, I’m gonna need a jump rope and some handcuffs. The jump rope is so I have something to do while she tried to Houdini herself out of the cuffs, but I’ll settle for just a jump rope.” Laura said with a laugh as she got off the couch. “Laura, by the way. We should all trade numbers so we can keep in touch and call if more creatures show up.”

Emi and Laura, huh? And that meant that Isabella must be Terpsichore, whom Hitomi had just now realised wasn’t with them anymore.

Something about Laura’s name seemed familiar, for some reason. Hitomi had overheard some girls gossiping about a new student, who’d gotten into a fight or something? Had her name been Laura? This Laura certainly looked the part. For a moment, Hitomi had a sinking that she’d fallen in with a group of violent delinquents, or something, but looks aside, Laura didn’t really seem to be anything like that. She just seemed kind of cool, actually.

“Oh, good idea.” At Laura’s suggestion, Hitomi fished her phone - a slightly older, affordable model - out of her pocket, and opened it up to find a message from her Aunt, asking if she was running late. She sent a quick reply, then flipped over to her (very sparsely populated) contacts to swap details with the others. Once that was done, she set a 20-minute timer, then pocketed her phone again.

“Alright, I guess I’ll see what I can find.” Now that she was past her embarrassment, Hitomi was starting to get into the challenge, trying to think of what she might be able to use as a restraint. Maybe she could raid a linen cupboard for sheets, or stumble across some cables somewhere. “Meet you all back here soon!”

The kitsune snagged a cookie from the plate on her way out of the room, her fox’s tail wagging slightly as she bit into it.

(Meanwhile, elsewhere in DNA Town:

Jin Chisato, a middle aged woman in a business-appropriate skirt and blouse, sat with her feet up on a low coffee table. She had a bowl of curry in her hand and the top few buttons of her blouse undone as watched TV. Her phone, sitting beside her on the couch, buzzed; she shifted her feet and sat forward to set down her bowl, then picked up her phone to see a message from her niece.

“With friends. Home late.”

Chisato stared at the phone for several moments, before setting it down with a beaming smile on her face. “Well, how about that?”)

Kye turned the corner of the alley, following a few minutes behind the young one she followed. "Somebody once told me the world was gonna roll me... Somebody once told me the world was gonna roll me..." She followed this by humming a few bars of the catchy tune, a look of puzzlement on her face as she approached the counter, and ordered a favorite dumpling and noodle dish. As she stepped away from the counter she continued her puzzled attempt to remember the next line. "Somebody once told me the world was gonna roll me..." Her gaze was high and her pace was wayward as she forgot her goals of coming in with the new goal of seeking the missing lyric she wanders aimlessly through the nearly abandoned little shop.

When the portly women came to take her order, syra beamed a smile. "Spicy Miso Ramen, please." she gave her head a quick bow in respect as the women walked off. Smiling to herself she pulled out her phone and started checking her messages. After a few minutes she picked up on the girl humming the same part of a song over and over. Rolling her eyes she turned to face her, "I think you're looking for...." caught off guard by the girls outfit she stumbled on her words for a second before collecting her thoughts, "Somebody once told me the world was gonna roll me, I ain't the sharpest tool in the shed." she smiled, "sorry i just don't want those lyrics stuck in my head for the rest of the night." she bowed her head apologising before returning to her phone.

"Right! Oh, you, thank you!" Kye was bubbling as she remembered the next line going forward, "Yeah, she was looking kinda dumb with her finger and her thumb in the shape of an 'L' on her forehead!" Kye made the hand motion as she continued the lyrics. "Thank you." Then she picked up on her behavior as interrupting the girl's dinner, "Oh, sorry. I'm Kobiashi Kye. Third year at Shirako High. Allow me to pay for your dinner, as I may have inadvertently disturbed your evening." This came across as rehearsed as she stuck out her hand for the traditional American handshake.

Emi grinned as she opened her phone and sent off a quick text to Avaron " Hey Avaron come on over to Isabella's in case you forgot she types in her address, we are having a gathering and I need your help with a surprise!" She closed the phone and put it away, then she started to stretch to prepare for her challenges.

"Kobisha, Syra." She introduced herself to the stranger. Smiling she gestured for the girl to join her, "You don't need to pay for my meal. I have plenty of money. It's what happens when both of your parents work all the time." She dismissively waved off Kye's offer as she slid her hone back into her bag. No phone calls or panicked messages, her parents were probably still asleep. Turning her attention back to Kye her expression softened and she smiled. "So what are the chances i meet someone from my new school here. You don't seem like the kind who eats ramen regularly and you don't look like out on a date. Unless you are?" Syra eyes up kye's outfit with a unsure glint in her eye.

Back
Top Bottom