Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

(Canticle of Hope) Ch. 4: Hope Springs Eternal

Tenshi

Supernova
b2388c745a5c85df91c01c578522f402.jpg

“This way, girls,” the black squirrel bound through DNA town at a good clip, leading the two young heroines he'd taught to use the power of the bracelet they'd won at the shrine's raffle, “Quickly. The Avatar of Terpiscore is in danger, it may be too late!”

Upon recovering from her ordeal with a new purpose in life, Terpsichore found herself in a black cross-top and loincloth skirt with a collar of gold and ivory worked with vines coiled around her throat. Instead of ballet slippers, she wore spike heeled sandals with leather bands that wrapped up her calves.

She found that Wort's had taken her to the roof of the gardener's shed. “Kneel, my fallen angel,” the demon purred. “Kneel and suck your virginity from my cock.”

With terrible determination that overpowered her fatigue and pain, Ryoko lead friends old and new through the night in search of Isabella. The girls had all lost the strength to maintain their magical forms, but somehow they all found that determination and care for their stolen comrade carried them beyond what strength they'd thought they had...

Which would do them no good whatsoever if they couldn't find Terpsichore!

Ryoko was about to pass an intersection when a metallic clank drew her attention. Pausing—bosom heaving—the Tenshi looked to her right where a kunai—a civilian dagger design originally made from a sharpened gardening trowel—clattered there, pointing down the street...

Down the street, as if launched by an invisible hand, a second kunai embedded in the asphalt.

Then, much further down, another one...

Ryoko's lower lip quivered. “I don't now what this is, but... I don't see any choice but to follow!

To our knew players, congradualations. The cavalry has come over the hill and it's you!

To our old players, thank you so much for sticking with me this far!

Play this now!

Everyone heal 2 damage and level up to level 2!!! (Note, your new hit points don't come in damaged!)

Last edited:
Laura was pressing a hand to one of her scratches, keeping pace as well as she could, muttering “first aliens, now we’re taking orders from a squirrel. I am really hopping this is some weird, fever dream caused by eating too much cheese, like what inspired the author of Jekly and Hyde.” That was.... an obscure bit of trivia.

Just a few days ago, if you'd asked Jin Hitomi what she'd be doing tonight, 'chasing a talking squirrel into unknown danger through the streets of the arcology' would *not* have been on her list. She'd have thought that she'd be studying, maybe, or set up on the roof of her aunt's apartment with a blank canvas and a paintbrush full of dreams. Recent events, to say the least, had been a bit of a shock.

Life has a way of catching us off-guard like that.

The young kitsune breathed heavily as she sprinted after their guide, her long white hair and bushy tail bouncing with each step. A portion of her hair slipped free of its clip and fell in front of her glasses, forcing her to brush it irritably to one side as she ran. Hitomi wasn't the most athletic person normally, and keeping up with the squirrel was pushing her to limit, but she didn't voice a word of complaint. From everything the squirrel had told them, this Terpsichore was seriously counting on them; in light of that, she could afford to put up with a bit of pain. There was no choice but to push herself and keep going.

As she ran, Hitomi glanced out of the corner of her eye at her new companion, to see how she was keeping up. Hopefully, better than Hitomi was herself.

Melenipe was surprised to see so many familiar faces from school as one by one their transformations reverted revealing their true identities. When her power finally gave in she transformed back into her black skater style dress and grinned. "Tada!" she said with a small twirl causing the dress the flick out.

Syra looked at some of the girls from her class and then back to Laura who she remember from her late appearance in class. A little confused she carried on walking with the group. "You're transformations were different to ours? Any idea why?" Syra gestured to herself and Laura, her horse bracelet shining in the moonlight.

It was then Ryoko pointed out the kunia embedded in the floor, squatting down to examine it she absently ran her finger across the hilt. "Unless you're friend is fond of Japanese throwing knives i don't think this will lead us to her. I'm sorry to speak out of place but our priority should be finding your friend."

“Not really sure.” Laura smiles at Syra, “I got mine from some creepy guy, might’ve been Yakuza or something. How do you do that magic thing? I can’t do that. But hey, hitting stuff really hard is easier to learn anyway, so I won’t complain.”

Dark Terpsicore was laying there in her new attire that suit her very well. She look at her new master with lust in her eyes as she was always hungry for him for his cock and for his seed. She felt tha her belly was so empty when he was not filling it with his seed and only a son would make her feel fullfilled somehow.

She smile at him while looking at her surrounding, soon her friend will be here and she will show them what they are missing in their life. Having their belly filled with litle wort babies.

She knelt before him as he requested and she started to suck on his dick like if there was nothing else that existed. "You taste so nice master, thanks for letting me enjoying you like this i feel so strong now, i was lost before and without any purposes now i am here to serve and breed your babies".

Ryoko spun around to Syra, "No, look, don't you see? They're being thrown into the ground right now. Someone is trying to lead us somewhere. I have no clue if this is a friend guiding us to Isabella or a foe leading us to a trap, but we have no other way to find her!"

Last edited:
"Well I one mine in a raffle from the priest at the shrine, Then we rescued some classmates and met a white talking squirrel and this is where we find ourselves now."

Clio looked around and saw the kunai land and nodded. "it may be a trap but we have no choice but to follow, Though after this event I think I will need to teach My Escape Artist skills to you all."

Laura nods, saying “alright. If you can, now would be a good time to transform, while we aren’t surrounded, and practically begging for a new set of scratches.”

Kye had felt a bit of constriction as her form returned and her clothes choked her out as she wished for the freedom of her outfit from her transformation. Whimsically she thought of herself in the outfit, then realized how she would fill it out, or not quite fill it out. She giggled even as she raced with the others. As the kunai speared into the ground, her rhythm was joined by something akin to a cowbell, a bit jarring but matching the song that she hears that wraps them all together. Their symphony was growing, though Terpsichord's tune had fallen from the high and haunting clarinet to the moaning and sexy voice of the bassoon, smoky, reminiscent of the sultry dance hall girls. Kye didn't know what this meant, but she really enjoyed how it meshed and added to their symphony.

When she was told that now would be the time to transform before they truly entered the fray, she trusted her sisters, and reached deep for the heat that had caused her form to explode forth before.

Turning to follow the trail of kunai that practically materialized before them, the magic girls found themselves running towards the center of a park...

Up ahead, coming towarsd the gardener's shed from the other direction, the black squirrel veered to the side, but called, "Up there! Do you see them?" Then the black squirrel bound away into the night.

The white squirrel pulled up short, ears going high. She darted up a tree, calling out, "Orpheus?"

They all emerged to the green surounding the gardner's shed at the same time, where they could see one of the monsters the first group had fought earlier. A brown skinned man, now, with course skin and huge bumbs and knots on his shoulders. He was a short, muscular, square man, but with long legs. He regarded them smugly, one hand caressing Terpiscore's hair. The muse of dance's magic girl was kneeling before him, licing at his fleshy pillar, which shone with their mingled essence.

"More girls come to be mine?" Wart snickered. "Meet my new pets."

The gardener's shed smashed open as Terpiscore's panda barreled out onto the lawn roaring!

Last edited:
[MEDIA=imgur]zRiGN18[/MEDIA]
[i][size=2][url=https://i.imgur.com/zRiGN18.png]View: https://i.imgur.com/zRiGN18.png[/IMG][/url][/size][/i]

Clio rose up, determination burning in her eyes as the last Kunai touched down. She began to swirl and dance to a tune that at first only she could hear. Then it began to whisper on the wind. It picked up in volume as she began her dance. The Song appropriately told a tale of a women bound and defeated but through her determination and strength of will she shed her bonds and found a renewed strength to escape her captors. The dance Clio was caught up in showed her struggling against what looked like ropes, but they were made of pure energy. As the tale the song sung reached its conclusion she slipped out from the ropes. A blinding light swathed over her and there she stood transformed again--Madu in her hand and the bolas secured at her hip.

Clio--weapons at the ready--continued dutifully and gracefully following the trail. When she reached the end of it she saw Wart. She witnessed Terpsichore being touched and defiled. Her anger and fury rose. She noted from the corner of her eye the panda emerge from the shed. Clio darted forward, crouched low, and prepared herself to tumble past the panda and strike true at wort. " How dare you do this to our friend!" Clio's eyes burned with anger and guilt the entire time she made her advance, hoping she could be more agile then the panda to reach and strike true against the vile toad-like man atop the shed.

Athletics: 29=20+9
Attack Roll: 19=17+2
Damage: 12=6+4+2

DByVACk.jpg

"Alright, you seem to know what you're doing, lead the way." Not wanting to cause conflict or be confrontational Syra followed the group. When they mentioned transforming ahead of time, she paused. Having only transformed once before and that being by instinct she had no clue how to transform. Reflecting on the thought she felt like something was calling to her. Beckoning to her. Without hesitation she began to shout out with passion.

"My soul is free as the wind,"
Magic swirled around Syra lifting her off the ground.

"My spirit burns with a blazing inferno,"
With a sudden flash a blazing fire engulfed the young girl. Her clothes burning away in the heat leaving her exposed for a second.

"My resolve Is a bastion against evil,"
The Fire seemed to absorb into Syra's body forming her clothes, as other parts solidified into a spear in her hand.

"For I am Melanipe, The Ebon Mare!"
With a sudden burst of heat Melanipe dropped to the floor and looked around. A bit dazed she grinned a cheeky grin before stretching.

When they made it to the clearing Melanipe stepped forward a little and looked at the creature before her. "My aren't you a vile little creature." Swishing her spear through the air she weighed up her opponent before a panda came bursting through the door. As the thought of combat stirred in her head Melanipe's eyes suddenly turned a dark shade of red as she charged forward towards wart, aiming to end this fight quickly.

Taking the opportunity, ran at the still dazed panda avoiding it strike she jumped onto its back with cat like grace before launching herself on top of the shed. As she did she brought heart seeker across at wart hoping to catch him off guard and end the fight quickly. However Melanipe was not expecting her former ally to get in the way as the attack was thrown off leaving only a small scratch on the skin of wart.

Rage Roll = 19+14 =33
(+6 onto attacks and damage)

Athletics roll 7+8=15
Acrobatics roll 13+10=23
((apparently i passed xD ))

Attack roll 10+6+6=22
miss damn you terp giving cover!
[/spoiler

Hp= 17 (7 phantom)
Reflex= 15
Fort= 18
Will= 11

Last edited:
With a superior smirk, Wart caught Clio's hand and shoved the girl back to the edge of the roof. He grunted as Melanipe's spear glanced off of and over his shoulder.

The gnarled toad gave a superior growl. He caught Terpsichore by the hair and commanded her, “Drink my loyal, loving muse!” His seed erupted down their fallen allies throat.

But even this—though it made his cheeks flush and his muscles ripple--didn't slow the gnarled toad. “Now for my second conquest.”

His tongue shot out at Clio, sticking to her between the breasts, and jerking the most heavily clad magic girl towards him!

Grab Roll: 27
Grapple Roll: 19

The toad pulled his tongue back hard but the magic girl jerked back. Even when a window was ripped out of her top, Clio managed to not fall from the roof of the shed.

Terpsicore was in a bliss as her master told her to drank his seed, she comply as if it was the most natural thing in the world.

She drank everything she could while looking at her he new girl attacking her master and she wonder "why would she attack her sweet and benevolent master".

She look at her panda that was raging and she sent a command to him "Disable them but don't hurt them, master will need them and when he will be done, maybe he will offer one of them to you".

She then awaited her master command.

"Up there! Do you see them?"

Hitomi came to a momentary stop at the squirrel’s call, leaning heavily against her knees as she struggled to catch her breath. Looking up, she could indeed see something up ahead; figures on the roof of a shed, and others running towards them through the night. As the black squirrel darted away, ancient Greek words sprang to her lips; words she only barely understood, but which had come to her mind unbidden when the black squirrel had first come to them.

“The very stars weep in the face of such evil, and I am called to answer.”

Hitomi’s breathing steadied, and she stood upright. The young kitsune took one step forward and closed her eyes, then raised one hand towards the sky, her bracelet glittering on her wrist. A beam of silvery light seemed to shine around her, as if the stars and moon had turned their attention for the moment solely upon her.

“Urania!” She shouted into the night. “Lend me your sight!”

Two golden streaks of light, like tiny shooting stars, fell spiraling from the sky towards the magical girl. One struck her outstretched palm, and she closed her fist around it; the other burst against her chest. The light expanded from there, consuming her clothes, enveloping the kitsune and brightening until her figure was almost painful to look at. Some of the light formed the outline of clothing; long gloves and boots, a hooded cloak, a skirt.

“Together, we’ll paint a new fate on the canvas of the heavens!”

The girl’s eyes snapped open, and the light about her flared brightly one last time. When it cleared, she stood transformed. She wore a black haltertop and short skirt, along with long black boots and gloves. Her shoulders and midriff were bare, but wrapped about her was a long, slightly transparent black cloak, patterned with silvery stars and planets, and its hood was pulled over her ears. Her glasses had vanished; as Urania, she could see just fine without them. A silvery whip glistened at her side, attached to her hip, and in her outstretched hand she held a curved, slender bow, made from some kind of white wood and apparently stringless.

She felt renewed, like she could do anything, her exhaustion a thing of the past. With a confident grin to her companion, Urania pushed her hood back off her head, and ran forwards to join the fight.

---

Urania skidded to a stop as the scene properly came into view, her cheeks growing faintly red as she took in Wart and Terpsichore. She felt equal parts embarrassed and repulsed by the sight, and a small part of her also felt kind of curious (though she wouldn’t admit it to herself). The squirrel had warned her about the kind of thing they were up against, of course, but she still hadn’t been prepared for it! Then a determined anger rose within her, and she readied herself to fight.

Some of the other magical girls were the quickest to react, jumping straight into combat with the monstrous man. Urania lifted her bow, and a silvery light appeared from end to end to serve as a string. She took a moment to aim, frowning; with the others up there, she couldn’t get a clear shot at the monster. She didn’t want to risk hitting one of them in the back, so she turned her attention instead towards the panda rampaging across the lawn.

“Hey, panda! Over here!”

She shouted to get its attention, hoping to keep it busy while the others dealt with the main threat, then rose her empty hand into the air. An arrow appeared in her hand a sudden burst of light; she wasted no time drawing it back and firing at the panda.

Just making a basic ranged attack against the panda. Assuming I'm in point-blank range, but -1 to the attack and damage if I'm not.
Attack roll: 13 + 5 = 18 to hit.
Damage (2d8): 13 + 2 = 15 (and the target’s damage threshold is considered 5 lower for conditions).

Last edited:
Ioiptrope/ Laura grabbed her tetsubo and moved towards the bear, hoping that whatever magic girded her after transforming was up To the task as she swung with a grunt of effort. Deal with one threat at a time.
Swift action: draw weapon
Move action: Move into melee range of the bear
Major action: Attack bear (Attack Roll: 11+7= 18, Damage Roll: 5+6+7+1=19)

As Euterpe observed the scene before her unfold she knew not where to look first. The raging panda, one she would have called friend hours ago, the kneeling form of her beautiful friend, soiled and corrupted, upon the roof, engorging herself on the vile seed of the one called Wart, Wart standing triumphant and awaiting the supplication of more of her sisters, the trampled and broken vines of the lovely personal garden they stood in, even the scarred facade of the once humble little shed. Hesitating under the waves of discord that washed through her, Kye paced to the side, barely avoiding the charging swipe of the oncoming panda, though showing no concern for the distraction, her focus was on the one that had brought this curdling of beauty.

Tilting her chin up at the raised pair in defiance she vented with all the truth within her heart, "Knobbly One, your choices defile the very air we breath. Cease and Desist!" Her inflection bore from her convictions admonished the waiting Wart. Even as she bore down on him, she noticed the curling of the shingles as the admonition strikes. She really needed to work on her aim or she would do as much damage as those she stopped.

Dark Terpsicore look around at the field and all the target she could bring to her new master. When she raise her head, her heart spin as she saw her magnificent angel that made her heart beat so fast it would break it. She was the only one that made her forget her master for a moment.

"what a lovely treasure she would be for master, we could share him both and have our belly filled with his babies." was the only second thought that came in her mind as Wart mastery over her claim her back twisting her mind in what she truly desire.

She look at the other girls that came toward her and smile to the them "Try that next time" as they got to her, she twirl and tumble as she use Clio shoulder to jump into the air to get to Ryoko.
Acrobatics: D20+9 = 15+9 = 24

When She was in mid air, Terpsicore twirl around her scarf getting covered in a dark blue flame.
Activation : D20+16 = 14+16= 30

She roll her scarf around Ryoko body to put her down in one strike
attack D20+4 =20+4
Damage: 8D6+14= 6+6+2+4+5+6+1+3+14= 47 points of damage

The huge panda gave an almost dog-like yelp of pain when the tetsubo smashed into its back, driving it to one knee.

Wart was just stepping back into a more combative stance when Euterpe's magic slammed into him. The gnarly man jerked back, staggered a few paces to the right, then wavered on his feet, eyes crossed.

Dark Terpiscore's scark slammed into Ryoko's side, then coiled around her. As Dark Terpiscore spun her belloved back out of her weapon's grasp, the magic girl gave a feebly cry of pain as she flew back, fuku incinerated by the blue flames, then hit the garden grass in a limp pile.

The winerborn warrior was fully subdued in a single blow!

Ryoko is defeated. She spends a hero point to live.
Tag Oiopatra and Kaname in whatever order you can post .

Oioptara looks over her shoulder to see one of her new allies collapse. “Ah Hell. Goddamn-“ She grunted as she swung again, like a batter going for a home run as she attempted to finish the bear. She felt bad about doing this to an endangered species, but.... well, it was her or the bear, and she wasn’t gonna let Smokey Kill her.

Laura grunted as she swung the massive club again, the studded rod smacking into the poor bear.
Action: Attack (Rapid Strike)
Roll: NATURAL 20!+ 7-1-2= 24
Damage: (8+2+9)+7= 26(x2 for crit= 52)

Laura turned, satisfied the bear wouldn’t be much more of a threat, and began to run towards Wart, shouting “I’m gonna turn you into wood chips, asshole!”

The huge panda gave an almost dog-like yelp of pain when the tetsubo smashed into its back, driving it to one knee.

The huge panda gave an almost dog-like yelp of pain when an arrow drove into it's shoulder. It staggered a little bit.

Oioptara looks over her shoulder to see one of her new allies collapse. “Ah Hell. Goddamn-“ She grunted as she swung again, like a batter going for a home run as she attempted to finish the bear. She felt bad about doing this to an endangered species, but.... well, it was her or the bear, and she wasn’t gonna let Smokey Kill her.

Laura turned, satisfied the bear wouldn’t be much more of a threat, and began to run towards Wart, shouting “I’m gonna turn you into wood chips, asshole!”

The tetsubo connected with the bear's jaw with a crack. It gave a whiper as it skidded across the garden, then lay still for a moment before fading away, spirited to the land of the gods 'til it could heal.

Clio and Syra, go!

DByVACk.jpg

Melanipe scowled when the creature simply ignored his near death experience, his only saving grace being his ally who happened to get in the way. When the warty creature forced Terpsichore to drink his seed, the fury that raged through Melanipe reached a whole new level. Her eyes glowed red with visible anger, as a vein throbbed in her head. She wasn't angry at the poor girl being forced to drink this creatures vile seed. No... She was angry at him not taking her seriously.

Raising her spear, this time she was aiming to get rid of the nuisance. However when she was about to strike,Terpsichore flip past her and into the fry behind. Good. Melanipe thought to herself. Now i can teach this toad manners. Redirecting her Heart Seeker she quickly jabbed the creature harshly with the pointed end, manoeuvring him into striking position. With the elegance that could only come from pure anger she struck, bringing the blade in at the creatures chest hoping to end this quickly.

Attack roll 18+8+6=28 ((pretty confident that hits))
Damage 6+5+8+10=29 ((Wow... that's average damage for 2d8 D: rip Wart))

Hp= 17 (2 phantom) (-5 for rage)
Reflex= 15
Fort= 18
Will= 11

Melnaipe's mighty thrust struck wart in the chest and drove deep. Though some unnatural organ offset the blow from piercing the heart, the lance continued clear through his body and exploded from the back of Wart's chest in a spray of bloody sap!

Back
Top Bottom