Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Chorus In The Darkness (1x1 with Jikkah)

Jin pulled him close, kissing him gently and holding his head to her chest, petting his hair back into place.

He held her and nuzzled her affectionately, his breathing slowly evening out, "Are you ok...? Did I hurt you at all...? Was it enjoyable...?"

She shook her head, smiling softly and stroking his hair and neck slowly, kissing his brow gently. “You did fine.” She assured. “And it’s always enjoyable.” She laughed softly.

“I’m more worried about you.” She ran her fingertips gently along his jawline and up to his cheekbone. “I wouldn’t want you to end up biting yourself again.”

She smiled and cupped his cheek gently. “I know, and I’m glad..” She whispered softly, enjoying laying entangled with him. “I don’t like seeing you hurt.”

"And seeing you hurt would cause me an unending grief...which is why I will do what I can to protect you..." He said softly, his fingers gently curling around a lock of her golden hair.

The next day was rather dull as usual, so when Kojurou brought Jin her lunch, she had requested they eat outside for a bit.
Jin sat enjoying the sun, having just finished her lunch and letting it settle, Kojurou not too far off as she sat in the grassy field just outside the estate.

Kojurou kept as close of an eye as he could on her, not wanting her illness to flare up. He kept alert of their surroundings, ever vigilant to protect his master's property.

Jin wouldn’t stray too far, always making sure she kept within Kojurou’s sights as she moved along the grass, stopping to collect small flowers to take back inside with her; the sun on her skin a wonderful feeling.

"It's rather lovely out today." An unfamiliar voice said from not so far away. It was a middle aged man with greying hair, dressed in a rather elegant kimono with a sandogasa.

The man startled Jin, not having heard him come through the tall grass toward her. She looked to him and offered a small smile, though a bit nervous. “It is.” She agreed; was he one of Masamune’s underlings? Kojurou said mostly everyone stayed inside the estate regardless of time of day, but what other reason would this man have for being there?

"How is it that one from the moon can stand to be in such glaring light?" He asked, "More importantly, in the home of such monsters?"

She felt her blood run cold, and the flowers she had in her hands scattered to the ground. She turned to run from the man, eyes wide and lips parting to call for Kojurou.

She struggled hard, but she was far too weak compared to the man who had grabbed her. The last thing she remembered was blood pounding in her ears before everything went black, and she fell limp in his arms.

Kojurou had looked away for a second. Just a second, he thought. There was no way Jin could have gotten so far away so quickly. Had he not been paying attention? Was he so comfortable in his own abilities and the sanctity of Masamune's home that he didn't think anything could happen? He was so foolish, taking his gaze away from his frail lover and losing her. What was worse was the wind had changed, taking her scent away from the castle rather than towards it. Kojurou was in a panic, trying to locate where Jin had gone.

The only trace of her ever being there was the left over plates from lunch and the scattered flowers in the field, on which was the heavy scent of fear. What had happened to her? Where had she gone? Why was she afraid in the moments leading up to her disappearance?

Jin woke in a bed, on her side with her hands bound behind her back, but nothing else was restricted. She looked around slowly before struggling to sit up, not familiar with her surroundings at all.

"Good evening, hime-sama..." The man from before greeted calmly, "Please excuse my previous rudeness, but this is the only way that I know would lure Katakura to me."

Jin turned to look at the man from earlier, not having seen him the first time she looked around. A soft frown fell upon her face; lure Kojurou? Why would he want to do such a thing, who was he?

"Pardon my lack of manners. My name is Matsunaga Hisehide. Please," he moved and untied her, "allow me to show you around my home. You deserve an explanation."

She sat where she was, watching Matsunaga with cautious eyes, fear clear on her face. She was in his home?

Back
Top Bottom