Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Circus (Lunar&Guardian)

LunarWolf

Cluster
on the outskirts of a major metropolitan stands a singular mansion on over 200 acres of land on this property stands a circus as well by day it is open to humans and their families alike but at night is when it changes into a circus for demons and under certain circumstances, the acts could if the owner was ok with it and approved it be bought out for the night. his home staff, however, was off limits to anyone but him.

Tala fixed the mask she was wearing as it matched the outfit she was wearing. Tala worked on her new routines every night when everyone else was sleeping. since her routine always took place after the house had headed to bed for the night. When her stage Name was called Tala walked out on to the highwire and right off the bat, she did one of her most difficult tricks which earned her cheers from the crowd.

The moon was high in the air as the performers did their daring acts, and after a while it eventually came to the grand finale. The highwire act which was being announced by a male with blonde hair and bright red eyes, as he seemed to appear at the center of the big tent. Atticus just smiled at the demons and supernatural alike that were sitting in the crowd, a grin on his lips. While he loved being able to preform for the humans and bring them joy, he definitely loved preforming for the supernaturals even more. Probably because he didn't have to hide who he truly was, nor did anybody in his staff. "And that ladies and gentlemen was our dear highwire act. And now our show comes to a close. Should you wish to see another preform, come back tomorrow night for the final night of circus." Atticus called out, his voice echoing throughout the big tent with ease.

The circus ran day and night, not that the humans knew about the night show since it was magically hidden from them, for a week straight. The performers picked whether they wanted to perform during the day or night, but Atticus didn't allow them to perform both, just because he didn't want them to get to exhausted. So if you picked night as the perform time, then that is what you were doing for the week the circus was open. After the week was over, then the circus was usually closed for about a month or so, so that the performers could come up with new routines and what not. Although there were times, random days, were Atticus would call a vote and see if the staff wanted to do a random performance. Usually these were spontaneous performances and all money that they raised was donated to charity. Actually while they were spontaneous, they were quite common.

once she was done with her performance Tala quickly changed out of her costume and left it sitting on a chair so that it could be picked up by another member of the group and then quickly hurried back to the house. The house staff wasn't allowed to perform in the shows since they were off limits and demons could be hellbent and determined if they found something they liked. Tala made it to her room before anyone noticed that she was missing from her bed

Unfortunately for Tala, the owner of the circus already knew that she was secretly performing in the shows. And while he was a little upset about her not saying anything to him, he let it slide. Of course he didn't say anything to her about knowing, wanting her to come out and be open with him about the fact that she was the mystery performer. Because he knew all of his performers, he hired them all, so obviously this mystery person was one of his house staff not wanting to get caught. It was the only thing that made sense since every time that person was performing, all of the actual performers were accounted for. Soon enough everybody was leaving the big tent and Atticus was going around making sure that all of the costumes were collected so that they could get washed and hung back up for the next performance. The big tent was clean magically and once everybody had left he was leaving the tent, using back to ensure that nobody could get in. As he was walking towards the mansion he did end up pausing for a moment, having a sense that they were somebody on his property that shouldn't have been there. But he wasn't going to worry himself about it, there was somebody else that usually investigated that stuff for him.

Sure enough there was somebody else on the property that probably shouldn't have been there at nighttime, although it wasn't as if the red haired female even realized where she was anyways. Nope the human that was walking through the wooded area, which was what more or less acted as the "fence" between the city and the land that was owned by circus owner. Not that Atticus really had a problem with people wandering about on the property, as long as they stayed out of his mansion and the big tent it was fine. The red haired female just leaned against a tree to catch her breath and was holding her jacket to herself tightly, tears falling. Who exactly was she? Azraella was a human slave to a rather cruel demon master, whom owned a mansion three towns over in the human world although she had run from the demon realm where she had been at with the vile man. Thank god for one of the gate keepers feeling sorry for her and opening a gate up. Not all demons were bad, that she knew. The twenty-four year old female had been a slave to an infamously cruel demon lord since she was twenty-one. Something had attracted him to her and for her twenty-first birthday, he had decided to kidnap her and tell her that she was a slave.
Azraella just sank down to sit on the ground and was gently rubbing her sprained ankle before she was glancing around, wondering where she was even. "There are a number of supernaturals near by...." she mumbled to herself at that point in time. Despite being human, Azraella had the unique ability to sense the supernaturals. No she couldn't tell what they were specifically but she could tell if there were any around. A troublesome thing at first when she had been in the demon realm, although throughout the years she had more or less learned to turn off that ability.

Edgar looked over at his master "do I need to go and investigate or do you want to wait until morning" Edgar also went by Ed this male was four hundred years old and had several skills he could use, the first was the ability to hide a person's aura and the second one he had was where he could find anyone anywhere no matter what was happening or where they were" Ed then handed the owner the file he had on Tala "I have watched her like you asked this is her next routine as well I know you wanted confirmation so this will be the next one you see she works during the times when no one is awake to see her or catch her. I also looked into her mother for you like you asked. before she sold her daughter to you her mother was and still is a drug addict it seems her past time is getting pregnant and selling the children to demons for large sums of money. she usually waits a year or two before having another child to keep the human cops off her train and she moves from city to city as well"

Atticus was taking the file after a moment in time before he spoke, "Eventually she will end up being honest with me, at least I would hope she would eventually. And yes please go and investigate. If I'm reading the aura correctly..... it is a human." With that he was looking over the information about Tala, including what they knew about her mother. Man the woman sounded like a damn whore. If whore was in the dictionary, her pictures would be next to it. Yet again, he couldn't believe that a person would intentionally get pregnant, give birth, then turn around and sell her own child. That just seemed inhumane, and this was coming from a demon. Yet again Atticus had long lived with humans, he had come to enjoy being around them, but at the same time he had learned to hate them all at once.

"I know sir but it seems like she is hiding more than just performing but what I am not sure she keeps to herself mostly and avoids people like there is no tomorrow following her around would require me to become invisible to the eyes and senses but if you wish I will" Ed then vanished in to the shadows and headed to where the aura was. seeing that she was injured Ed reached out of the shadows and pulled her to him before reappearing in the medical wing of the mansion

Atticus looked at Edgar for a moment before he was shaking his head before he spoke, "No one of the others can do it, probably one of the shifters that prefers to be in animal form." After a moment in time he watched as Edgar just seemed to vanish into the shadows to go and see who was on their property. Although hopefully the male didn't scare the living daylights out of them.

Azraella definitely hadn't been expecting the male to appear out of nowhere, nor had she been excepting the strange male to grab her arm and pull her to him. The moment that they were in a different room she was drawing away from him rather suddenly, and moving away. Although that resulted in her bad ankle giving out on her, and the red head was collapsing on the ground, but there was at least some distance between her and this male. All she could do was quiver at that point in time, who knew if it was in fear or because she was cold.

Ed looked at her and then walked over and scooped her up and set her on one of the beds before wrapping a blanket around her and then gently removing the sock and shoe from the foot he could see was swelling "the doctor will be with you soon so just relax and rest. no one here is going to hurt you" Ed then moved back to the female doctor could look her over and tend to her ankle

Azraella just flinched away from him when he walked towards her and picked her up. No she could feel her heart going a million miles per hour, more out of fear than anything at that point in time. It wasn't even just her ankle at that point in time, but she still had her jacket wrapped around herself tightly. It covered up the lash markings that she had on her back from when she had gotten whipped hours prior. But she knew that they wouldn't be able to smell the blood, not with the outfit that she was wearing. It kept the scent of blood hidden, magicked to keep it hidden. Just the way her former master had wanted it. Actually thinking about him actually had her quivering some and tears feel down her cheeks. It was only a matter of time before he ended up finding her then.... she mind as well start digging her grave then and there.
It wasn't long before the head doctor ended up coming into the infirmary, a busty blonde haired woman. The twin sister of the circus owner actually, although while her brother took to running the circus, she took to making sure that everybody was in tip top shape. "Ed be a dear and go grab some spare clothes from the room. You know where I keep all of the stuff. Maybe just grab a small dress, it looks like it will fit the dear. And please find Atticus, send him this way." the woman spoke after a moment in time.

"will do she is a little skittish and more than a little terrified" Ed then headed out so that he could get what she asked for and to get her brother it didn't take him long to find the dress she was asking for and then went and found her brother so that he could head to the medical room to talk to his sister

Atticus had been sitting in his office just going over some stuff when Edgar came into the room. "Did you find the intruder?" was all he could question before thanking the house staff that had come in with a drink for him. He was giving her a smile before telling her that she was free for the rest of the night, to go and find her husband so that they could spend some time together. Atticus wasn't a terrible master, he fed and housed his staff, many of them being people that he had bought at auctions. Never did he refer to them as slaves, no they were his staff, regardless of if they were bought by him, sold to him, or came to work for him voluntarily.

"What happened to you child?" the blonde haired woman questioned Azraella, who didn't really say much at that point in time, nope she was still a bit wary of the woman. The woman was giving a faint laugh before she spoke, "How silly of me, I forgot to introduce myself. I am Seras, and I'm one of the owners of this mansion. What is your name?" This had Azraella looking up for a moment although she just watched as the woman checked over her ankle and was soon bandaging it after determining that it was just sprained.
"I am Azraella." the black haired female finally spoke after a moment in time and it wasn't long before Seras was closing the curtains around the bed, wanting to do a full exam of the female. At first she was hesitant but after a bit she did finally undress, just sitting there in nothing more than her undies, which allowed the woman to see the various cuts and bruises that were kept hidden beneath her clothes. And the marks on her back were fully visible, a few of them having been reopened and were bleeding. "Oh my dear...." Seras breathed and was telling her to lay down on her stomach so that she could tend to her back, leaving it up to Azraella to explain to her what happened if she so wished.
"Whatever you tell me, stays with me. Patient-Doctor confidentiality." Seras spoke before she was handing the female something to bite onto if she so wished as she was tapping at the marks with something to help get them cleaned out. Tears fell down Azraella's cheeks, although she didn't seem to make a noise at all.

"yes sir I found her from the looks of it a sprained ankle but your sister asked to see you in the medical room as well. I personally think that she is running from something and needs a safe place to stay and live" Ed stood and waited for him to head to the medical wing "would you like for me to go and wake Tala since she doesn't have a roommate?" Ed would go and wake the female knowing that she was friendly and kind and would help the female calm down

Atticus just looked towards Ed for a moment in time before he spoke, "Yes I shall go to see my sister, and yes why don't you do that. I most definitely trust Tala the most with a newcomer. She knows how to speak to them, without frightening them." With that he was rising from his desk and heading off towards the medical wing. It didn't take him overly long to get there and it wasn't even a few moments after he walked in that his sister was walking out from behind a closed curtain. "Atticus. We may have a situation on our hands. It would seem that this girl.... not only is she a human but she is branded. A slave. It is who branded her that concludes to me that we will have a situation at hand. Anyways she is sleeping currently. Other than the sprained ankle she also had fractured ribs, a number of bruises, and her back was covered in new and old whip marks. A number of them I had to clean because they had opened up again. Or I had to reopen myself myself to get them cleaned." Seras spoke after a moment in time, a small sigh escaping her lips.

soon Ed was arriving with Tala who looked like she had just woken up from sleep. "sorry it took us so long she didn't want to wake up" Ed had had to dump water on Tala's head and her hair was now soaked and she was rather annoyed and irritated. "would someone tell me why I am here and not asleep in my bed" Tala was tired and wanted to get to sleep once again so she could get up and get to work the next morning

Seras looked over at the pair for a moment in time before she was holding up a finger for them to be silent so that she could finish speaking with her brother at that point in time. She would answer their questions in a moment. "Atticus, the brand.... it belongs to the Crimson Lord." she spoke after a moment in time, which had a frown forming on his lips. Well that was unexpected and definitely problematic. While he was use to hearing that the man was cruel and vile, it was unheard of for one of his slaves, in particular a human, managing to get away from him. Especially considering he lived in the demon realm. With that Seras was looking at Tala for a moment before she spoke, "A human was just brought in by Ed. She is frightened, and pretty banged up. I want you to show her around, comfort her, and if you don't mind room with you."

Tala nodded her head "I can do that she will feel more comfortable with another human" Tala was one of only three humans who lived in the mansion and unlike the others, she was the only one who was uneducated she didn't feel like she deserved to go to school since she was property. some of the other workers had told her when she was four that she was property and she didn't need to go to school. Tala then moved and let the others speak and walked into the room and sat in a chair and waited for the female to wake up.

Ed looked at them "I can act as her guard while she is here but if he is determined to get to her things may get out of hand"

Atticus was giving a small nod before he spoke, "Yes I know that it is going to get out of hand, but at the same time.... I already know how it may turn out if he does find her. Best case scenario he kills her, worst case scenario he tortures her and reminds her that she is a slave." He was looking over towards Seras who had gone over to her desk and was mixing a few things, and the woman just looked over towards them for a brief moment in time. "When I go to the demon realm for stuff, I'll see if I can find out if he has noticed she is gone." Seras hummed after a moment in time before she was looking towards Edgar when he was offering act as the human's guard.

Azraella wasn't out for overly long, although she did have the feeling that somebody else was in the room with her. This had her just looking to see that there was some strange female sitting in the room. Her back didn't feel like it hurt as much although that was all thanks to the salve that Seras has smeared on it after she had got the cuts cleaned and did some bandaging. The salve was meant to help with the pain and to keep stuff from getting infected again. "W.....Who are you.....?" she questioned in a soft voice.

Tala smiled at her lightly "my name is Tala I am a worker here and if your ok with it I am your new roommate" Tala stood up and then picked up a spare nightgown that she had grabbed "I figured you would like some clothes and a nice soft bed to sleep on tonight and so you know no one here will hurt you the owners are not like that" Tala then turned and showed her own back which was free of marks "I have lived here my whole life you will not be hurt at all"

Azraella looked at the female for a brief moment in time, just looking at her before she was slowly rolling over onto her side so that she could sit up. Although that just seemed to send nothing but pain through her body as she did so. She did keep an arm across her bare breasts before she was taking the nightgown that was offered to her. "Um.... Could you umm.... help me put the nightgown on.... please." Azraella spoke in a small voice, although was almost flinching away as if waiting to get struck. "Oh I am Azraella." she added in a soft voice after that point in time.

"of course not, I would be more than glad to help you out" Tala stood up and then moved over to her and gently helped her get the gown on so that she was covered "now how about we head to bed and get a good nights sleep so that way in the morning when we get up we can get some decent food in you" Tala gently helped her to her feet them and once she was ready walked her out from behind the curtain

Azraella just looked towards her for a moment before she was giving a small cringe of pain as the gown was scraping against her back. Even with the material being soft, it was still rather painful. After that she was just looking towards Tala with an almost a look of confusion when she mentioned heading to bed. That had always been a rather foreign concept to her, especially since the master of the house had never come and told them that they could go to sleep. But she was trusting this Tala person, and that was saying a lot for Azraella, she didn't trust easily. She got to her feet slowly and limped after Tala, trying to keep as much weight off of her ankle as she could.
"Here you go dear. For now use these crutches for a few days, let your ankle rest. Here is some medication to take. I want you to take these three times a day for the next two weeks. Once after you wake up, once around lunch time, and finally after bed. It is just going to help manage the pain and to help treat any other infections." Seras spoke as she walked over which had Azraella giving a slow, yet unsure nod. It wasn't long before a blonde haired male was walking up and Azraella probably would have bowed had Seras not stopped her. "It is fine dear, you don't need to bow to us. This is my brother Atticus, he is the owner of the house. Here we have no slaves, we only have staff. Everybody here has remained here with us voluntarily. Some were bought by Atticus at auctions, then after he bought them he turned around and gave them their freedom. Told them he would give them money so that they could leave, some took it, some decided to stay. There are some that were sold to him, same thing happened." Seras spoke in a gentle voice.
"I.... I am Azraella." the black haired female spoke in a soft voice which had Atticus gently greeting her before he was stating for them to go off and get some sleep for the night, and letting Tala know that she had the day free tomorrow. "I want you to show our guest around whenever you guys wake up. That is your job for the day." he spoke with a smile.

"yes, sir" Tala guided her to the room they would be sharing while she was there. while they walked she gave her a general overview of the mansion and how things worked there. Tala didn't go into too much detail as she could tell the female was nervous and unsure of everything that was going on at the moment. Once they reached the room it would be easy to see which bed she would be taking as it was the only still made up one in the room

Azraella just followed after the female, although wasn't moving as fast due to the crutches, but either way it didn't seem like the other female was just abandoning her. She listened to what she had to say although noted that she didn't really go into to much detail, which was fine at that point in time. The whole aspect of being a servant but having freedom was a bit strange to her that was for sure. Soon enough they were getting to the room and when the door was pushed open, Azraella was actually shocked at how big it was, and clean. "Umm.... A...Are you sure I can use this bed?" she questioned in a soft voice.

Tala looked at her and smiled "of course I am the owners like to make sure we are all comfortable and well rested in order to do our jobs right now get settled in to bed so I can shut the light off" Tala smiled again and then moved over and set the items they had been given down on the desk so that they didn't get lost

Back
Top Bottom