Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Blood Bound (ScarlettRose & Hatchet)

Grumbling once more at the inability to indulge himself he huffed and straightened when Jessica entered the room. Smirking as they looped arms, he nodded to Amelia before the pair left to the event.

"After you," Ronan all but purred, he had no interest in this young woman however, but he did know how to be a gentleman as he opened her door for her and moved to the other side as they were driven off. Looping arms once more, he flashed her a charming smile, playing it to the public as they walked into the event, his icy eyes skimming the guests seeing Amelia there speaking with a massive bearded man with a tiny little thing looped around his arm.

Amused by the day and night pairing as they walked in he found he caught the eye of some other event goers. Glancing down at Jessica as one slowly approached he rose a brow and asked quietly.

"Show time?"

"I have a feeling you're going to be a natural." Jessica grinned back at Ronan.

It was an entirely human affair but how were the humans to know that the many they played with were the predators they should fear? Thanks to Jessica and a few other loyalist, Ronan was like Jesus tonight. Wherever he stepped foot, the people parted. The people that mattered that was.

Amelia had changed into an intricately laced dress of white. A champagne flute in her hand, she looked relaxed and having a pleasant time. Looks were deceiving of course. She had not set eyes on Ronan but her attention was fully on him as he moved around the room. She had no doubt Jessica would steer him in the right direction.

She had watched him shake hands and engage in conversation with Clan Voltera's Leader and then the ambassador of the Lotil Clan and many other high rollers. Men who'd swore to the Council that they'd harshly punish any of their own who indulged in the vice known as Salt. Yet, in the dark corners of the night they themselves yearned to indulge in this heady high only their kind could experience. Ronan was yet to engage with his main targets, Nile and the Grand Councillor Severn.

Severn was a man after Nile's own heart. He was certain of Amelia's secret. A staunch vampire, dedicated to the old ways. Yet, he had no way to prove her guilt. No way to remove her, just as she had no legitimate course of action to dethrone him.

Her attention was turned back to Donder and his pretty companion; the waitress. How amusing. "It's so good to see you again Donder and you my dear." The girl smiled shyly at Amelia. "I've got my eye on that Rembrandt tonight. What are you both planning on bidding on tonight? It's quite a collection."

--

"My Lord Voltera." Jessica bowed her head slightly to the leader of the Voltera clan. She knew Voltera had a thing for her. They had flirted back and forth for decades but with her being with apart of a different house it was impossible for them to pursue anything further unless there was a proposition of marriage and she gave up all allegiances to her current clan, which she was not willing to do. The traditions of her kind were old but firmly still in place even in this modern age. "We must stop meeting like this. This is my friend, Ronan Lynch. You recall, I told you about him and his very lucrative business."

"You're either drunk or out of your mind to think I'll let you walk out of here with Rembrandt." Donder jested with her, leaning over and nuzzled Alyssa's hair softly, keeping her close while having a glass of wine in his free hand. "You remember Alyssa, the waitress that probably spit in my food once or twice." He teased his lovely lady with a charming grin.

Glancing around his eyes fell onto Ronan as he let out a snorting laugh. "That's him? I can't believe you got him. There isn't a week where he's not at least mentioned in the news once. I thought the last I'd hear of him would be when he was put in prison to the day they killed him." He said quietly raising a brow at Amelia. "I hope you know what you're doing."

--

"Ah yes I do remember him my dear...And as I love to indulge you I actually am here for him at the moment though..." He purred kissing her free hand with a bow. "Are always a wonderful surprise."

Ronan tried not to gag, as childish as he could be, he awaited for the vampire to focus his attention on him. "Perhaps we can go somewhere quieter...Lord Voltera." He just about choked on that as well, not understanding why everyone addressed others as if this was the Middle Ages.

The two pairs walked to the balcony where the elder vampire asked the strengths of each purchase he could make and without missing a beat, Ronan did his research.

"Haven't got any on me now...That would be quite the mistake to...Muddy up such an event, don't you think?" Ronan informed him, the vampire chuckling as he understood.

"Yes mister Lynch but I am positive you could fill me an order for another time?"

Jessica kept her gaze firmly on the pair from the corner of the room where she stood. She made no secret of it. Voltera knew what she was like and she certainly did not mince her words or intentions. The newbie was going well. It always impressed her how her Mistress always had the dots connected before the picture was even complete. She supposed that's why Amelia Hawthorne was Clan Leader.

When the pair re-emerged from the balcony, Jessica wound her arm through Ronan's again, bidding Voltera a good night before she spoke to Ronan again. "Not bad newbie. You know how to play with the big dogs don't you?"

The wound through the genteelly attired room. The jewels on the necks, hands and wrists of the occupants as costly as the prizes they'd be bidding on. Splurging their uncountable wealth in the name of charity. It was all peacocking as far as Jessica was concerned but she supposed if you had more than you could spend in ten lifetimes what the hell else where you supposed to do. She entertained Ronan until it was time for time to meet the last two men in this play.

--

"Cute." Amelia grinned with the cock of head to the side. She didn't believe she'd ever see Donder this . . . happy. Not even with his crazy bitch of an ex wife. "Well, I'm sure she'd agree with you we'd all have reason to spit in your food." Amelia joked.

"Whatever you've done to him." Amelia addressed Alyssa. "Keep doing it. I didn't know he was capable of smiling." Before glancing over a slim shoulder in the direction Donder pointed.

Amelia turned her attention back to Donder. "Surely after all these years you don't need to ask that?" She gave him a knowing smile with a flash of a brow. "He's a little . . . coarse and rough around the edges I'll admit but . . ." Amelia took a long sip of her champagne. "He's definitely the man for the job."

Both her and Donder's survival depended on it. "Trust me. All our problems will be solved shortly." If anything she was the master of logistics and scheming. No one had ever found out her and Donder's involvement in Nile's parents death and no one ever would.

She smiled brightly at Donder and his . . . girlfriend? She wasn't sure. "Anyway, this is an exciting time for you. Gearing up for your initiation." She doubted he was exactly thrilled but this was a necessary move. A power play he needed to take. He was getting old but he needed to show the community he was by no means weak.

"What initiation?" Alyssa asked with a slight confused look on her face.

"Donder here has been sought after by a very elite club. It's a very prestigious position. You're about to be the arm candy of a very powerful man."

Donder glared at her as the two women made fun of him as he stood there, cocking an ebony brow he grumbled at Amelia. "You've seen me smile before, and I have plenty of reasons why people shouldn't spit in my food. Now shoo and play the part of the...Charmingly elegant wealthy aristocrat while your guard dog does all the hard work. Our guests should be showing up soon."

Sighing however as he turned to Alyssa about the initiation, "its not like I want to. Er...Werewolf...Supernatural thing. Hush hush sort of deal." He said quietly to her so he didn't need to explain it after the evening was over. "And for your information Amelia, I was a powerful man to begin with."

--

"Woof," Ronan joked to Jessica about mingling with the big dogs, trying to see if he could spot whoever this Nile person was. However he felt something cold behind him as he slowly turned around to a thinner, massively attractive man who flashed him a cold smile. He had a bad feeling about this one, and he had a bad feeling that this was him, the big catch.

"Mister Lynch, is it? I must commend you for your untimely release from prison." That was quite a jab, Jessica felt Ronan flinch as he knew his name was quite well known throughout the state. But that didn't mean he liked to be teased about it. "However...I actually wanted to talk to you about business...Mh..." He purred his eyes flashing to Jessica as if he wanted her out of the way. "Perhaps our companions can mingle while we move to the outer hall?"

Amelia raised an amused brow in his direction. "Guard dogs, what can I say I have a penchant for collecting them. First you, now him." She teased knowing that frown would be back in place.

It was clear from the human's face she was still having difficulty adjusting to . . . an adjusted view of the world. However, she seemed to be a girl of a strong constitution and would come around to the reality. No matter how doubtful Donder's face appeared at the moment.

Indeed at the mention of honoured guest, Amelia bid the couple farewell and moved through the crowd, indulging in light chitchat with those who crossed her path until something tall and dark swept past her. A chill ran down her spine and her fangs - usually at her command - descended of their own accord. Amelia had to will them back in as an unsettling feeling came over her.

--

Jessica managed to keep her aloofness in place. Her hand soothed Ronan's back as she felt him flinch. A touch to remind Ronan to keep his composure in check. Nile was undoubtedly gorgeous. His beauty was in no way hidden. Everything about the vampire screamed perfection. He was a God among men. The problem was . . . he knew it.

Jessica did not like the idea of leaving Nile with Ronan. Alone. The little time she had spent with Ronan, she had decided she liked the human. Jessica moved forward, a coy look on her face as she played with Nile's bow tie. "Nile, how come you never want to spend any time with me?" He was to Clan Leader of his people but she refused to call him Lord. Of course, she knew not to push him. The man had no remorse and would not bat an eyelid before tearing her into pieces. "Sure'll you and I can enjoy what Ronan is selling . . . together." She looked up at Nile with a suggestive look in her eyes. She'd always heard Salt Sex was the most amazing. However the thought of having sex with the vile demon that Nile was was utterly repulsive to her.

She began to steer Ronan to the outer hall like Nile had suggested. Hoping the Clan Leader would show no further objection with the possibility of drugs and sex on the card.

Ronan was able to strike fear into men and women alike, but he had never felt something like this before with Nile. His facade was starting to crack and his 'animal' was starting to show and Nile knew it.

"I've heard a lot about you, Mr. Lynch...Your neglected past...Horrid upbringing...But you are no Rockefeller...You didn't climb to the top all the way from the bottom because you never left the bottom. You're an impostor." Nile grinned, Ronan letting go of Jessica completely, his eyes ready to murder now as he clenched his fists. Everyone became dead quiet staring at the two men, it was like watching a pair of male lions dueling with one another.

"However I do believe you are talented..." Purred the man as he glanced over at Jessica and snorted, "Jessica...Be a dear and fuck off." He muttered waving her off as if she was common trash, his gaze flicking back to Ronan, taking the younger man in with a grin on his face. "...At what you do. But I want to play a game with you, considering you don't seem like the 'yes man' type..."

People began to circle them, Donder behind Ronan glancing between the two like it was the best football match of the entire year.

"Come on, big man. You're not like the rest of us, you're a common thug, a street rat, master thief, murderer. Show me how you really are." Grinning he took a step back and placed his hands behind his back. "Come on, one free hit, show me just how badly you want me to stop grinning at you."

"Don't take the bait, kid." Donder said taking another sip of his wine but Ronan stared at Nile, and slowly walked up to him for once not slouching. It looked as if Ronan really was going to punch him but all he simply did was speak a short sentence.

"You're insane."

Ronan's words cut through ice and Nile burst out laughing, his entire guard down before his laughter was cut short, the sound of bone on bone as Ronan landed a punch onto Nile's left cheek, jerking his head to the side in a flash.

Nile was in a daze, staring at the floor as blood dripped on the wood. He wasn't sure he'd ever been hurt by a human before as he slouched wide eyed. Something in his mouth felt loose however as he spat it out on the floor, it was his left fang. Other supernatural creatures understood the significance, it took an incredibly powerful punch to break a fang, though a vampire's fangs would grow back if damaged...But Ronan was a human...

Nile started to chuckle once more, but it was just as insane as the first laugh as he looked to Ronan who was not amused. "I like you! Have this," He said handing Ronan his card as the other man winked, "so I can contact you about a special order...Not to mention I pay quite nicely."

--

As the night died down, everyone finishing their charitable work, Ronan was out on the balcony watching everyone below file out to their cars as he smoked a cigarette, allowing it to dangle lazily from his mouth, his knuckles still red from the earlier punch.

Amelia thoroughly hoped Ronan Lynch would take Donder's advice. Her eyes were sharp and keen but her posterior relaxed just like the other's in the crowd. Internally however, she was running through all the plays in which she could rectify this situation. She decided, that if Ronan survived this there would be an even stronger no alcohol or narcotics ban. If he could not control his impulses which sober there was no way she was going to have him out here half high.

Her breath had caught in her throat as Ronan approached the lithe vampire, but as quickly as the tension rose just as quickly it was diverted and for one short moment, Amelia truly believed they had avoided calamity and then Ronan through the first punch. The gasps of all in the room seemed to almost stop time. Amelia was frozen in place. Had all her laid plans been for nothing because she had picked the wrong man for the job?! It couldn't be. She was never wrong about these things.

It was then Nile started laughing and talking. It had to be some sort of miracle that Ronan was still breathing. Amelia's own heart was pounding, if that was even possible. For the rest of the night she avoided Ronan, Jessica and Nile. The first two out of necessity, Nile however, just because she hated his guts.

The auction had been the furthest thing from her mind and for the first time in a long time she was going home empty handed. She offered Donder a small congratulations on winning the Rembrandt as she passed him and his waitress on the way out. Her outer porcelain perfection was unmoved but she was not happy with the events of the night. Though on later pondering she could not think of a better way for Ronan to solidify his stake.

The cleaning staff were clearing up the great hall, everybody had left. Amelia silently made her way out onto the balcony where she sensed Ronan was lounging. Grabbing the champagne out of the fancy bucket of ice, she took the bucket and strode slowly to his side. Taking his injured swollen hand she shoved it into the ice. "Well done champ." She said without inflection, holding him by the wrist in the ice. "Next time someone advice's you not to take the bait, I suggestion you take that advice and run with it." Because he had no idea how lucky he had been in this instance and all her plans hinged on him. Failure was NOT an option.

"...Yes ma'am..." He mumbled as if he was a dog who was just scolded for doing something he wasn't supposed to, though in a way that's exactly what he was at this point. Ronan knew he was her lackey, but if anyone actually pointed it out to him they'd have their head smashed against the nearest hard surface.

Resting his hand in the ice as he watched all the cars leave as the only thing keeping light was the moon and city street lights.

"So what do I do now? Just fill the orders? I'm sure there's a catch you want me to throw in." He said and yawned, needing some sort of rest from barely sleeping the last few days due to his illness. Now that he had the numbers from several high standing people he needed to make his next move unless he was to wait for a while.

Removing his hand from the ice, Amelia looked out across the city. Was this stress worth it? She wondered again. She kicked herself because the answer was always yes. Simply because the alternative was not acceptable to her sensibilities. She sighed, showing emotion for the first time.

"You wait." She replied after some time. "You wait. Let them call you. You hold the power. Get used to it."

The week was beginning to wear on her and she had no doubt she was looking the 200 plus years she was carrying. Then there was the fact that she had not fed in three long days. The kind of hunger she was feeling could not be sated by simple food. The kind of nutriment she required was of a much more unique kind.

Amelia found herself staring at the skin above Ronan's collar. Shaking her head slightly she snapped herself out of it. "You better get home." She looked up at him as she wondered which of the wait staff would be her dinner tonight. The bite itself did not have to be painful, in fact, the victim could usually be coerced into a hypnotic state, the feeling of the bite and drinking close to orgasmic for the victim. There was also the fact that she no longer feed with a viscous ritual. The crying, screaming, the fear of the prey had all had it's appeal to her in the Victorian era but she was far more mellow now. "And wrap that hand up."

His eye twitched at her telling him to 'get used to it,' Ronan Lynch having a hard time taking that kind of tone. Even when he did second hand work for other people such as mob bosses and high profile thugs he made sure as hell they never spoke to him like that or worse but something stopped him from saying anything. Instead he simply snorted and looked back at the balcony before feeling uneasy as if her eyes were on him and not in a pleasant way.

"Fine," Ronan muttered when she told him to get home, hoping the driver was still there because he had no idea where he was at this point. It wasn't common for him to be on this side of town.

Once he finally did make it home however, it was too late for him to naturally fall asleep as he drank whatever he could get his hands on in his liquor cabinet before passing out in the chair, a bottle of high end whiskey on the floor bone dry and empty.

Amelia was well fed and sated by the next night. She had had plenty to think about. What was irritating her slightly was the fact that she felt like a baby sitter and she hadn’t even looked after her children when she had them. That’s what governesses were for.

Walking into Ronan’s apartment she was met by the sight of bottles litering the floor. Empty. And a passed out Ronan.

For a long moment, she simply examined him. Closely. The way she would never get to when he was awake. He was like a skittish animal, kicked one too many times. Yet almost angelic in this state of rest. She definitely preferred him with hair. The shaven look was so stark. She supposed it served a purpose. She ran a finger down his warm pale cheek. Poor boy . . .

If she was irritated, it certainly did not show on her face. Grabbing a bottle of water from the fridge Amelia opened it and let it run over Ronan’s face. She wasn’t paying him to get drunk on her dime and lay passes out for what she was sure was 24 hours.

Not acceptable.

Out enough to not hear her come in through the door, out enough to not hear her walk through his flat, or feel her touch him. But when that water hit his skin he jumped as if he heard gunshots. Eyes wide, the scared, skittish, and ready to attack animal was back in his eyes. Glaring at her as he rubbed his head with a low groan.

"You said...After work I could drink to my heart's content and now you look like you're about to rip my head off." He grumbled as he slowly got up, looking down at his wet clothes and huffed. "Tell me what you want, so I can hit the showers." He was a grumpy man at best, not quite the type of grumpy Donder was to which she was used to, he was much more jagged rather than ridged.

Ronan stayed in the same room with her to listen to his next orders, as he moved to his closet and took his soaking shirt off and tossed it with his other dirty laundry. His back sported a magnificent back tattoo adorning raven wings on his shoulders that brushed his neck and series of them going down the sides of his back to the base where an odd looking tree sat in the center with a curled trunk. Other tattoos decorated his pale skin as well as white scars from long ago.

Turning to her, his body build was where most of his attraction lay, muscular but lean and not too bulky as he glared over at her, his hands on his hips waiting.

“I changed my mind.” She said to him simply. Her ghostly gaze fixed in him. “At least until you can learn to control that impulsiveness and that temper that is.” Her voice held no inflection of any kind, completely cool and collective.

Amelia’s gaze followed him as he undressed his top half. She found herself enthralled with the artwork marring his skin. She herself had never understand the appeal torturing oneself with something one would no double regret eventually. Plus the fact with a vampires healing abilities, a tattoo done after you became a vampire would heal almost in a day or two and there would be no sign of it left. All that pain for naught.

However, Ronan was no vampire and his work looked incredibly good on him. She made away to him, her fingers running down his skin following the design. “What do they mean to you?” She enquirer curiously.

Glaring over his shoulder at her, he knew he pissed her off at some point and he deduced that the cause was punching Nile in the face and making him loose a tooth the night before. Rolling his eyes when he looked away as he rummaged around for another shirt until he felt her fingers lightly running against his skin, causing him to flinch and his muscles tense up as he stepped back and turned to face her, catching her hand quickly to keep her from continuing.

Slowly raising an ebony brow, he spoke. "You're really handsy aren't you?" His voice was dry as he dropped her hand, still incredibly distrusting of others, especially his new superior. Something about her didn't settle right with him, especially that odd feeling he got last night on the balcony. "My family dates back quite a while. They had a crest similar to the tattoo on my back, I just changed it up and altered it to look cooler. The others have their own stories too I guess." He said vaguely as he turned and put another shirt on, covering his skin.

All that was left for her to see were part of the back tattoo's wings that ran up his shoulders and ended at his neck and the sleeve on his left arm which was a decorative eastern dragon tattoo, a symbol from one of the more powerful gangs he was in prior to his arrest for being a high standing member.

"Anyway, what do you want now?"

Amelia raised a curious brow at the mention of an ancient bloodline of sorts. That’s the last thing she expected to hear from a common thug. But maybe he wasn’t so common after all . . .

She smiled at his comment. Taking a seat on the plush couch, Amelia made herself at home. “I was thinking maybe we should just get to know each other. Clearly we work in different ways but maybe if we understood each other more clearly this would be a smoother process for everyone?”

Her scrutinising and unnerving gaze settled on him. She said nothing for w long moment. Awkward was not a feeling Amelia ever felt but there was no doubt her presence often caused it in others as well as an unsettling unease.

“So why don’t you tell me about your family. I’ve always loved history. I like to think I’ve played my part in it too. Shaped it into the world we live in today.” She smiled reminiscing.

"Uh...Okay...I guess." He mumbled never opening up to anyone really but he supposed they'd keep it professional as he sat back down in his armchair, letting it recline back allowing him to get comfortable.

Letting out a groan for having to tell her about his family, he didn't really want to go there at this point. His parents were dead and his brother wanted little to do with him at this point, as Ronan was seen as the failure of a once powerful legacy.

"Fine...Apparently my family dates back to the Celts and one of their chieftains or whatever. We also share some bloodline with Scottish and English kings before the colonial time period when we moved to the Americas. What else is there to tell?" He asked, lighting a cigarette, raising a brow at her.

Interest flashed in Amelia’s intelligent eyes. This was utterly enthralling to her and slightly ludacris that this unhinged man before her could possibly be somebody. She supposed it was in her nature to regard class as important standing in society. Something so deeply ingrained in her from birth was hard to remove, even after all these centuries.

“English and Scotch you say?” She questioned curiously. “What is your family name? I may have known them-that is May no of them.” She corrected herself.

He was quite clearly already skittish of her. No need to make it more so by having to explain something so nonsensical as her two and a bit centuries on this earth. Yet already she held him in higher regard after hearing this, though a dubious Scottish connection wasn’t exactly desirable. Again that was something drilled into her from birth.

"Okay uh...Well I think the Celtic part was called Rhaetia until the Romans did their whole take over thing...As far as the Scottish heritage goes I think we trace back to William the Lion of Scotland from the 1160s." He said glaring at her, but not out of irritation, more as he was trying to figure out what exactly his ansestry was at this point.

"...Look its been a while since I've looked back in history okay...We might have gone into Norway but no one's been able to explain it to me except my grandparents and it could be a bunch of horse shit so who knows." He said shrugging, not understanding why she was such a history buff, he never really cared for the whole thing as he thought onto his old English family name. "...I don't remember the names of the members with the Raven crest but that's all I can give you." He muttered taking a puff, looking out the window at the dreary, rainy day.

She didn’t expect such an in-depth history of his family. His family could be more pure blooded than hers but then like he said it could all be bullshit.

“Raven’s crest?” She hadn’t got that good a look at the tattoo but a Raven’s crest? “My sister married into a family with a crest like that. Imagine, we could be related?” She laughed but the humour didn’t quite reach her eyes.

“No more alcohol OR if you must drink, drink within reason. DO NOT disobey me.” Amelia told him suddenly changing the subject. “I like to think I’m a reasonable employer and I’ve never needed to be unreasonable so please don’t put me in a situation where I have to be.” She smiled sweetly. “Well!” She clapped her hands together. “I’m glad that’s all out of the way. Now, as I said, give it a day or two and they’ll be banging down your door. Tomorrow night, we go to see your product. Exciting no?”

"Uh....yeah sure...." He mumbled about the relation as he rose a brow at her. He highly doubted much between them, but that was just between two individuals rather than an entire bloodline over a thousand years old.

Having just started to relax, he tensed and almost jumped again when she changed the subject, making him growl a bit at her as he flicked his cigarette into an ash tray. "Yeah fine, whatever." He mumbled in agreement with a low growl and tensed once more when she clapped her hands together. He didn't like her so early in the morning when he barely woke up, and the hangover didn't help much.

"Yeah, sure. So if this stuff is such a high seller, why haven't I ever heard of it before?"

She heard his growl, it amused her some. Amelia sat back in her seat. He was so . . . Rough and uncouth. So cute. What amused her most was his agreement without any argument. Not something she expected from a man like him but she had a feeling he sensed something off about her.

There was something to be said about the innate need to survive. “Well,” Amelia began sliding one leg over the other. “This drug only appeals to a certain clientele.”

She watched his face for any reaction though doubting there’d be any. “Everything in this world is a want not a need.” She tried to explain. “Why do you indulge in narcotics? What’s your reason Ronan?”

"....So do I get to try it tomorrow or what?" He knew the answer would be a hard no, but he rarely never tried a drug he would sell, the only one he could think of not ever doing was meth, and heroine and cocaine were incredibly rare but he didn't have a clean slate. But it seemed the man wanted to push his luck with her a little bit, still not understanding what garlic had to do with it.

Her next question caught him a bit off guard as he shrugged, "I dunno...Makes me forget, I guess." He said leaning back in the chair to look up at the ceiling. "People like to escape reality, some do drugs, some drink, some eat, some read or play video games but everyone has something to escape."

"...Anyway...Just tell me where to meet you tomorrow and I'll be there." At least he had a habit of being on time, though he didn't expect a dress code when working.

Amelia burst out laughing at his request. When she managed to settle down, the laughter still bubbling in her cool eyes she said, “Sure! Why not?”

She’d enjoy his reaction to the drug more than his request she was certain of it. The only thing Salt did for humans was the overwhelming smell making them sick otherwise Salt did absolutely nothing for humans. But she wouldn’t spoil the surprise for him. Not when he was so eager to try it for himself.

“What could you possibly want to forget?” She asked rhetorically. “You’ll tell me one day.” She said certainly and matter of factly before moving into his next question.

“We’ll meet somewhere you’re more used to. I’m taking you back to your home turf.” Amelia smiled.

Ronan squinted at her laughter, wondering if he really wanted to try the stuff now. The garlic flavoring or scent or whatever it was really went over his head as....Well though he liked garlic in dishes, the smell was incredibly strong and potent.

As she asked what he wanted to forget, he shifted uncomfortably, a tale he'd never tell as he nodded to where they would be meeting. "Okay...That'll work." He said liking his home turf, he knew a lot of men and women there that he worked with previously but this whole salt business was still over his head.

--

At their meeting place, smoking a cigarette again he was early and waiting for her, checking his...Flip phone...Of all barbaric things. At least punctuality was a good quality for him, among massive amounts of the bad and terrible. Though this area of the bad part of town was...Different for him, not sure if he could ever recall this place.

Back
Top Bottom